The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened to Your Pancakes?

I know, I know...this game has been out for a decade, but I've never played with the Pancakes. Until now. I'll be honest, I always disliked how to community loves Bob and hates Eliza because I've been that wife who has to clean up behind a lazy slob and I feel sorry for her. However, in my game, neither is a likeable character.

First, they got a makeover to be more cartoony, which is my character style.

Bob
ZGLDuWf.jpg

Eliza
GuMN7jE.jpg

Iggy
nQOl0Rv.jpg

They live in a townhouse and it's not very clean. With For Rent, I added the mold lot challenge, which made playing with them so much more fun.
ZBKB0M8.jpg

The Setup - I decided to let them have their random new traits and random likes and dislikes that pop up as you play. They ended up being really in character. In my game, Bob is a piece. On his own, he ignores both Eliza and Iggy and just sets up shop in front of the telly until he sleeps. He took a bath on his own after 3 days. Eliza loves Iggy. I mean, she spends 100% of her free time with him and in his room. I love that about her. She avoids Bob and spends a good majority of her time cleaning since she has the neat and perfectionist traits. She does most of that on her own. Iggy is a charming toddler. He's adorable as all tots are.

The first day of playing them was the last time they were ever together doing activities because I was trying to set them on course to be a happy family...it was short lived.
mNw8eu8.jpg

d70HWpJ.jpg

During the welcome wagon, Bob managed to make everyone hate him and Eliza did the same, except for the guy in the cap. They have a low level friendship now.
Ay5zQHT.jpg

Bob did make friends with the landlord and they watch tv together most evenings.
faKvhOt.jpg

Here's Eliza hiding from Bob and spending time with Iggy
Dvk1VDS.jpg

This is how to house looks a lot and Eliza spends all her time cleaning it - thanks to the grody and mold lot challenges, this is actually a great way to play a slob and a neat sim together.
4kWVlts.jpg

Eliza is part of a club called the Moral High Horse Ladies who meet at a bar. :D
w1MlFDm.jpg

Eliza adores Iggy - when I see her in his room, I usually make them do activities together
xAlxwKu.jpg

B0fUSUn.jpg

Using the TOOL mod I have some off lot activities for my toddlers to enjoy
dj3T4BX.jpg

jrHp1ZL.jpg

Eliza eventually rolled high maintenance as a new trait...great...now she's never in a good mood. :(
KS6bEai.jpg

Bob is disgusting. 3 days...THREE. He still hasn't taken a shower.
xDxrA1D.jpg

Bob is starting to burn out from work and...checks notes...watching too much tv. But he finally took a bath the night before!
eXZjcZr.jpg

MOLD!
QR3chNL.jpg

What!? They're all together in the kitchen??
mUh6PRY.jpg

Welp...both adults have the mold disease. Eliza is doing what she can. I possibly had a bug because the mold was on the bed?
cUOqXSg.jpg

CY6tnaV.jpg

I used her mold suit to go finish a mural at the Magnolia Market
MEqY61x.jpg

6IPGSR6.jpg

And now every few days...this is their lives
t573t1T.jpg

And if you reached the end of all this, I hope you enjoyed the beginning of their story. I would love to hear about and/or see pics of what happened to them in your game. Happy Simming everyone!

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I did read the whole thing and I love it, normally I cheat him the points to change the slob trait just because the laundry piles I....really do not like lol. However I could see how just leaving it in this situation would be fun, I like their make overs, and the mother/son relationship with Liz and Iggy. Funny with the welcome wagon, you don't really think about it but the pancakes really are a love em or hate em type of family.

I haven't done anything with them lately really, at least memorable but I can show a little from my favorite play, I don't even have the save anymore it got corrupted and I couldn't do anything with it except delete it but I still have the pics and I won't show them all.
    vYfwuk6h.png
    So in this one, it was a redo/continuation of a much older save that was not damaged I think it was a computer thing and it just wasn't backed up, anyhow it was some years into the future, Bob and Eliza still spoke they were becoming friends again and of course they had Iggy but were divorced she remarried and have five other children with her new alien husband. Iggy called her because his father was having a hard time and he knew the divorce didn't matter much she was still his strongest support system.
    1mSeGQth.png
    I vaguely remember he didn't want to admit he was still in love with her because he wanted her to be happy, and at this point he hadn't realized he could love again.
    PUZR0i3h.png
    She wouldn't let him wallow, she remembered the bad times sure but he was still her best friend.
    fk1xN4Kh.png
    CcdH5GGh.png
    After a few hours he was still feeling off but was in a better place and thanked her for being there.
    tft1smxh.png
    She gave Iggy, I think he was almost a teen or was one, a hug and went home as he wanted to live with Bob and returned home. Her husband was trying to be friends with Bob but he couldn't help being insecure because his kids, his wife were absolutely all he had after being abandoned for being different than the usual alien as I recall.

Anyhow the farthest I got was he met Don Lothario who was turning over a new leaf living with his father, who knows why I made him, but he needed someone positive to remind him how to live like a gentleman. He moved in and I'd like to think the whole family would have lived happily ever after. I could not find the picture with Don but maybe I over looked it I have deleted some clutter so some of them are mixed up ah well.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,129 Member
    Bob married Nancy Landgraab , Eliza married Caleb Vatore, in only save I have actually played them.

In others Mccc usually just gives them 2 kids and that's it.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,164 Member
    I can't remember if they're still in my game or not. 😄 I believe I kept them as background sims but I never see them. I'll have to check later.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,021 Member
    I loved reading yours :) My favorite go-round with the Pancakes was of course Eliza Pancakes Supervillain. (The only decent person in that entire story was Iggy.)
  • Options
    WattTheNagWattTheNag Posts: 55 Member
    In my current save they’re still together and have one teenage son Malachi, who is best friends with my main family’s teen daughter Anna.

Bob is doing well in the culinary career but has made a lot of enemies in the neighbourhood by being grumpy to them when they come to visit Eliza.

Eliza has had a few different jobs but hasn’t really progressed very far in any of them. For some reason she is bald when she goes swimming with her friends. No idea what kind of glitch that is 🤪
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,491 Member
    Nothing at all. I haven't touched them. But Eliza regularly works in food stalls so I occasionally see her around town.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,366 Member
    Moral High Horse Ladies is gold :D I love that you gave Eliza a special outfit for mold cleaning (and general icky tasks).

My Pancakes are in the same tier as the BFFs, I always want to do more with them, but in the end they remain background characters. They always have a daughter named Roberta as their first child, I rarely acknowledge Iggy existing and I always switch them around, making Eliza the breadwinner (poor girl, her Business career didn't exist back in BG) and Bob the stay at home dad/gardener. That tends to make them happy enough to work on their relationship.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 339 Member
    In my game, Bob owned a restaurant called Bob's Pancake House that I downloaded from the Gallery. He and Eliza are still together, as I've never really played them other than having Bob buy the restaurant, which didn't work out because the customers complained that Bob was rude to them. I tried to make him be nice, but they still complained! When I brought Eliza to the restaurant instead, they stopped complaining. Also, I couldn't get Bob to clean up the dishes on the tables since he's a slob. He would just pick them up and move them to another table, after which the waiter would complain, then go and put them away himself. To this day, I don't know what Bob was doing wrong lol, but apparently, the customers liked Eliza better. They no longer own the restaurant since I evicted them to make room for more of my own sims, but maybe Bob will give it another try one day. I did recently move the restaurant to San Sequoia, so maybe the customers there will be a little more friendly.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 890 Member
    In all my saves, they are just in the background. My Sims have met Eliza, but more often than not, she doesn't like them.
    Also, in some saves, but not all, they adopt a child or have a child. I may play them more if my Sims have a good interaction with them, or their kids.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Thanks for sharing, @RedDestiny92 ! Sorry your save got corrupted. What a great storyline for them! It's always interesting to see how people play out the townie stories and their relationships. And all the backstories.
  • Options
    @mightysprite - I loved your whole story! That was an amazing read. Everyone, go enjoy it, it's good!
  • Options
    MrPlumbob wrote: »
    In my game, Bob owned a restaurant called Bob's Pancake House that I downloaded from the Gallery. He and Eliza are still together, as I've never really played them other than having Bob buy the restaurant, which didn't work out because the customers complained that Bob was rude to them. I tried to make him be nice, but they still complained! When I brought Eliza to the restaurant instead, they stopped complaining. Also, I couldn't get Bob to clean up the dishes on the tables since he's a slob. He would just pick them up and move them to another table, after which the waiter would complain, then go and put them away himself. To this day, I don't know what Bob was doing wrong lol, but apparently, the customers liked Eliza better. They no longer own the restaurant since I evicted them to make room for more of my own sims, but maybe Bob will give it another try one day. I did recently move the restaurant to San Sequoia, so maybe the customers there will be a little more friendly.

That is so Bob to be rude to all the customers. He's definitely a jerk in my game.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,131 Member
    The one time I played them, they got divorced. Eliza kept the house and Bob moved to another house. Eliza ended up with Salim Benali. I got another idea (as is typical for me) and I abandoned that save. Neither Bob nor Eliza got their happily ever after.

I may be in the minority in the community but I don't dislike either one. I honestly see both sides. I see Eliza as a bit of a perfectionist or neat-freak (not in a bad way), and Bob as a messy wannabe frat boy. Eliza is exhausted by having a man-child for a husband, and Bob is exhausted by constantly being nagged all the time. I think they're just incompatible and bring out the worst in each other rather than balancing each other out.

I kind of always looked at Eliza as someone who wants to be in league with the Goths or Landgraabs, and she feels she can't do that with Bob the way he is. Bob is just happy being Bob and doesn't have any desires to socialize with the elite.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @Mstybl95 sure thing, I realize I have played with them a lot but even though I can kind of think of ways it played out that story was just my favorite. It really is, it's nice to see how things turn out when others are also just playing.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 952 Member
    edited January 11
    They were the neighbours of my first sims family who had a toddler (the Nairs). I didn't play Bob and Eliza much, but the Nairs were their friends.

When I tried MCCC it gave Bob and Eliza twins. The other one of the twins got a daughter with Hugo Villareal, Elle Pancakes, and I started playing Elle. She is my first spellcaster, great cook and kind of the matriarch of my Pancakes legacy. Elle married Tomax Collette and they had a daughter Teacup Pancakes.

Teacup is also a spellcaster. She went to uni, studied villainy and reached the top of that career. She did all kinds of evil things and married Ariel Nair (the grandson of the Nairs who were friends with Bob and Eliza) and they had a daughter, Tidy Pancakes.

Tidy is one of my favourite sims. She is a slob and spellcaster, dumpster dives and does seance with her grandmother Elle. When Tidy was a kid she camped a lot in Von Haunt Estate, befriended Bernard and Mimsy and learnt their story. As a teen she lived in an abandoned haunted house with her familiar raccoon. Tidy is friends with many of my occult sims and has a supernatural club (it's cool that Mimsy is one of the members).
  • Options
    edited January 11
    The one time I played them, they got divorced. Eliza kept the house and Bob moved to another house. Eliza ended up with Salim Benali. I got another idea (as is typical for me) and I abandoned that save. Neither Bob nor Eliza got their happily ever after.

I may be in the minority in the community but I don't dislike either one. I honestly see both sides. I see Eliza as a bit of a perfectionist or neat-freak (not in a bad way), and Bob as a messy wannabe frat boy. Eliza is exhausted by having a man-child for a husband, and Bob is exhausted by constantly being nagged all the time. I think they're just incompatible and bring out the worst in each other rather than balancing each other out.

I kind of always looked at Eliza as someone who wants to be in league with the Goths or Landgraabs, and she feels she can't do that with Bob the way he is. Bob is just happy being Bob and doesn't have any desires to socialize with the elite.

I decided that if their relationship falls to zero, I'll get them divorced. I think that's definitely in the cards for them since they barely ever interact and now Eliza is getting whims to be mean to Bob. She hates him and I didn't cause it. LoL

And I agree, this couple is incompatible because they both annoy one another. With the lot challenges it's extra extra stress and Bob is totally oblivious to how his stench bothers everyone around him.

In my game, Eliza is a hyper religious type (some of my sims worship me 😂) and her traits that make me believe she was raised to be perfect. Then in her teens she rebelled and ended up with Bob as a young adult. Then after marriage she went back to traditional perfection and been miserable ever since. And on top of all that, she got additional traits of high maintenance and erratic. She cray cray in my game now...it's getting really fun to play.
  • Options
    haisin wrote: »
    They were the neighbours of my first sims family who had a toddler (the Nairs). I didn't play Bob and Eliza much, but the Nairs were their friends.

When I tried MCCC it gave Bob and Eliza twins. The other one of the twins got a daughter with Hugo Villareal, Elle Pancakes, and I started playing Elle. She is my first spellcaster, great cook and kind of the matriarch of my Pancakes legacy. Elle married Tomax Collette and they had a daughter Teacup Pancakes.

Teacup is also a spellcaster. She went to uni, studied villainy and reached the top of that career. She did all kinds of evil things and married Ariel Nair (the grandson of the Nairs who were friends with Bob and Eliza) and they had a daughter, Tidy Pancakes.

Tidy is one of my favourite sims. She is a slob and spellcaster, dumpster dives and does seance with her grandmother Elle. When Tidy was a kid she camped a lot in Von Haunt Estate, befriended Bernard and Mimsy and learnt their story. As a teen she lived in an abandoned haunted house with her familiar raccoon. Tidy is friends with many of my occult sims and has a supernatural club (it's cool that Mimsy is one of the members).

Your sim named Tidy who is a slob and dumpster dives is simming gold. I'm cracking up. 😂

I love that they married into your other family and now you have an entire legacy of them.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,129 Member
    edited January 11
    Mine got stuck to the ceiling while tossing them.

Oh, those pancakes. :D
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    In one save their house became overrun with vampires, and in another with werewolves. I don't know what attracts the occults to the Pancakes of all people, but I'd bet they're more interested in Eliza than Bob.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,703 Member
    @Mstybl95, your story for them is fantastic, in a horrible and tragic way.

I've never played them, but they do feature as background characters in one of my saves. In my 'verse, they stayed together until their child was grown, then got a divorce. Eliza got the house and is living her best life in Willow Creek. Bob lives as a mostly unhappy bachelor in the Spice District. I imagine he's friends with Travis Scott, who lives nearby after getting kicked out of the BFF house. I have a lot of unhappy bachelors living in the Spice District now that I think about it. Must be the cheap rent.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    Slobs and neat sims...if you let them do their thing when it comes to cleaning and hygiene it's so real and hilarious! He walks out of the bathroom after a bath and wee. She walks in and starts cleaning the shower.
    JAZfji5.jpg

Bob has started napping in Iggy's room. Eliza has added more traits and, oh boy, do they suck! She talks to herself now. I was thinking she should leave Bob when their relationship bottomed out, but honestly, she is cray cray. She also wants to be mean to Bob. Her traits are making her miserable.
    dY830FY.jpg

Bob's needs were so low that he was also on the verge of a nervous breakdown. So I sent him to the humor and hijinks fest. He smelled and didn't have much fun.
    eETz4fJ.jpg

q8aW2nf.jpg

8heMCWF.jpg

He was way too tired. He went to blow bubbles or whatever it's called, but passed out instead.
    uo1A4an.jpg

I interrupt this update to share a pic of my neighborhood. I've been playing these homes for 6 years and it's amazing to finally be able to play each individual home as it's own...that's why I'm finally playing the Pancakes. They've been my neighbors for years. lol
    FZXM6aB.jpg

Iggy is now potty training himself.
    ORPd8Vd.jpg

I didn't know they could do this.
    vaifcU9.jpg

OMG her life just keeps getting worse and worse.
    zqaBdiP.jpg

I bought her a yoga mat and that has helped her not be in such a mood. She's still crazy!
    7NmEupJ.jpg
  • Options
    greydonn wrote: »
    In one save their house became overrun with vampires, and in another with werewolves. I don't know what attracts the occults to the Pancakes of all people, but I'd bet they're more interested in Eliza than Bob.

Eliza is so starved for attention I bet she invites the occults to her.
  • Options
    Mstybl95, your story for them is fantastic, in a horrible and tragic way.

I've never played them, but they do feature as background characters in one of my saves. In my 'verse, they stayed together until their child was grown, then got a divorce. Eliza got the house and is living her best life in Willow Creek. Bob lives as a mostly unhappy bachelor in the Spice District. I imagine he's friends with Travis Scott, who lives nearby after getting kicked out of the BFF house. I have a lot of unhappy bachelors living in the Spice District now that I think about it. Must be the cheap rent.

I do the same, all of my bachelors are in the spice district.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,921 Member
    The thing about the Pancakes is that they are an absolute trainwreck of a couple, but they have the most adorable kids, who always seem to roll really great traits. So I have kept the household in my rotation even though I rarely play them. Willow Creek just wouldn't be the same without them.

Basically, they are a big, chaotic family in a too-small house with a big yard; Bob is a great cook, and feeding everyone is the only way he really expresses his love for everyone. Other than meals and woohoo, he and Eliza basically ignore each other. However, a lot of the energy that she used to put into nagging him has been diverted into trying to be a super-mom, and start the kids off with lots of skills. Between active parenting and constant cleaning, her days are pretty full. (Although she does have a little energy left to spare for being judgy toward the neighbors. And yes, she definitely reminds me of a lot of the church ladies I have known, so she is always dragging the kids off to services, or to do volunteer work, while Bob stays home alone and watches tv.)
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    I accidentally deleted them and bulldozed their original house. I wasn't paying attention. But I got them back eventually and gave them slight changes.

Bob is now Bobby, Eliza is now Rosa and Iggy is now Ian.
    hfHX8If.png
    TZABOCO.png
    fL7SMLv.png

And I gave them an alien baby, Sylvia.
    y97UicN.png
    XaCaLdt.png
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding