Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Walkthrough through the For Rent Survey 🚢

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    greydonn wrote: Β»
    Maybe I did something wrong, but the survey cut off after the Have you played with any of this pack? question (I said no because all I did was update a lot), so I couldn't let them know I haven't played because of the bugs lol

The survey cut off because the rest of the questions were about the game and gameplay, so how were you going to answer them if you didn't play it?
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited January 15
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    I don't get the option to survey when I launch the game. is there a website?
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    greydonn wrote: Β»
    Maybe I did something wrong, but the survey cut off after the Have you played with any of this pack? question (I said no because all I did was update a lot), so I couldn't let them know I haven't played because of the bugs lol

The survey cut off because the rest of the questions were about the game and gameplay, so how were you going to answer them if you didn't play it?

I mean, valid lol. That's pretty much what I assumed happened. I was hoping there'd be a box or something at the end like there usually is in surveys. I guess that's what I get for taking a survey before breakfast and not using my brain cells XD
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I don't get the option to survey when I launch the game. is there a website?

@LeucosiaX there are two links posted above. One for those who have purchased the pack and one for those who haven't.
  • Options
    @PandoraTO

Searched back through my history from yesterday and I think this is the link for the survey. I got an oops and message that I'd already taken the survey.

https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7583979/

I just found this link, I messed up and hit back 3rd question in and it says OOps you already took this survey
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Who or what the heck is Vanesha? (The last option on the "Overall, how satisfied are you with the following features of this pack?" page.)

There's a Vanesha in For Rent.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Vanesha_Cahyaputri
    I know this is off-topic, but what's with Sims 4 and young adult lesbians/wlw? We got them in this pack, Horse Ranch, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape (via gameplay featurettes with Hina), Eco Lifestyle and Island Living. High School Years (which has a teen lesbian) and Growing Together (which has an implied wlw sim, Xochitil's elder mother-in-law) are exceptions, and DU had no wlw at all.

Like yeah, the Sims 4 has a huge queer, female audience. But it's such an weirdly specific niche. I'm glad they've been branching out to cover more LGBT groups and ages lately.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    edited January 16
    Gordy wrote: Β»
    Who or what the heck is Vanesha? (The last option on the "Overall, how satisfied are you with the following features of this pack?" page.)

I know this is off-topic, but what's with Sims 4 and young adult lesbians/wlw? We got them in this pack, Horse Ranch, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape (via gameplay featurettes with Hina), Eco Lifestyle and Island Living. High School Years (which has a teen lesbian) and Growing Together (which has an implied wlw sim, Xochitil's elder mother-in-law) are exceptions, and DU had no wlw at all.

Like yeah, the Sims 4 has a huge queer, female audience. But it's such an weirdly specific niche. I'm glad they've been branching out to cover more LGBT groups and ages lately.

Oh interesting question @Gordy
    Are they not proportional to premades with other genders/sexual orientations represented in game?
    we should expect roughly between 10% and 25% to be represented as having some degree of same-sex attraction, and a smaller percentage to actually be in same-sex relationships
    Trying to remember the gay male premades atm... I don't have all the packs but the only gay couples who come to mind are the Heckings (Cats & Dogs) and McMillan/Moody (Cottage Living).
    There are single premades you could say are gay-male-coded (Diego Lobo) but predated the addition of sexual orientation to the game, so their orientation isn't specified in any meaningful way ingame afaik
    I don't know what a "gameplay featurette" is but I don't think I've seen it in my game? or a Hina character

Leaving aside how to count Snowy Escape and the "implied" character in For Rent that leaves these EPs as having only hetero or unspecified premades:
    Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, City Living, Get Together.

Island Living and Get Famous do have one non-gender-conforming, possibly trans, premade each

Game Packs let me think - My Wedding Stories has one elder lesbian premade couple, all the others afaik are hetero or unspecified
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I agree with @Gordy. There's no Ace representative in any packs. Oh well.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited January 16
    Indeed but its not just that they're lesbians
    the thing that bothers me most is that its like the familys whole purpose is just that
    "we are lesbians and we use this pack feature :) our story is finished"

not like " this sims entire family was eaten by cowplants and she is out for revenge" or "there is mysterious graveyard on this sims property" or " look at this super suspicious room in this sims house what does it all mean" or " this sim is flirting with 10 people simultaneously *shocked gasp* do something about it"

then again I feel like other families too have similar problem lately its just like heres cute family the end
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    I agree with Gordy. There's no Ace representative in any packs. Oh well.
    We actually have ace rep, albeit a minor one: Savannah Price from HSY is aro and ace.
    Indeed but its not just that they're lesbians
    the thing that bothers me most is that its like the familys whole purpose is just that
    "we are lesbians and we use this pack feature :) our story is finished"

not like " this sims entire family was eaten by cowplants and she is out for revenge" or "there is mysterious graveyard on this sims property" or " look at this super suspicious room in this sims house what does it all mean" or " this sim is flirting with 10 people simultaneously *shocked gasp* do something about it"

then again I feel like other families too have similar problem lately its just like heres cute family the end
    Agreed that so many premades are safe and dull. And look at the more popular Sims 4 townies; Bob and Eliza are memorable largely because of their marriage problems.

But in terms of drama, we do have Rahmi Watson cheating on her husband with the mayor of Henford.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    edited January 16

I found this a very odd question. I had no clue what they meant. When I googled I realised this is a premade but I didn't get why they would single out one single premade and present this sim as a feature in the pack.
    Gordy wrote: Β»

So she is singled out as so important because she is a lesbian? We have had so many packs with lesbians that they don't feel like a revolutionary addition to the game any more. Just sims who happen to be in love with same sex sims. Strange to have a question dedicated to her.

I any case, I rarely play premades and don't care about them. no matter if they are straight, lesbian, queer or whatever. As long as they don't occupy a lot I want to use, they are safe to stay in my game.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

About Vanesha:

Quote:
    'When you load into your chosen household the first time you launch The Sims 4: For Rent, a local realtor named Vanesha walks you through the tutorials to become a landlord.'
    /Quote end
    found πŸ‘‰ here

(I think there are so many lesbian premade Sims because the L is one of the more accepted letters in LGBTQIA+ from outside of the rainbow 🌈)
    6870079a7d90beb85529049d482ab616c97db2e6.jpg

d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Trying to remember the gay male premades atm... I don't have all the packs but the only gay couples who come to mind are the Heckings (Cats & Dogs) and McMillan/Moody (Cottage Living).

[...]

Leaving aside how to count Snowy Escape and the "implied" character in For Rent that leaves these EPs as having only hetero or unspecified premades:
    Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, City Living, Get Together.
    We also got an elderly gay couple in For Rent. High School Years also had Sidney Price (bisexual), who was the object of desire for Ash Harjo's ugly brother (gay.)

As for Island Living, we got a young adult lesbian/wlw couple with a child. Also, I just remembered that the owner of Thriftea is a lesbian young adult.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 17
    Thanks for the survey! I will leave them excellent feedback because it's a really good pack for me. There are a few bugs as usual but
    90% of the major problems people are having is mod related. If you play without mods everthing is perfectly smooth and works as inteded. I just kept in a lot of my cc clothes and objects. When I tried to play with mods (popular well known mods that are fully updated) I got all kinds of issues from endless loading, to crashing, to buggy rental lots, to error codes and more.
    Been playing perfectly fine since the removal.
    The only big issue I've seen others having (possibly) not related to mods so far is (possible) save corruption when using the cheat to go over six units. However, I never had any plans to do so.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Gotcha. Yes, that is interesting @Gordy, there is clearly a big discrepancy between male gay characters and female.
    Let alone the rest of the spectrum.
    I wonder why?
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Huh. I've never had Vanesha approach my household to talk about rentals, whether I was playing as a landlord or as a tenant. Maybe because I played in worlds other than Tomarang?
  • Options
    edited January 17
    Thanks for the survey! I will leave them excellent feedback because it's a really good pack for me. There are a few bugs as usual but
    90% of the major problems people are having is mod related. If you play without mods everthing is perfectly smooth and works as inteded. I just kept in a lot of my cc clothes and objects. When I tried to play with mods (popular well known mods that are fully updated) I got all kinds of issues from endless loading, to crashing, to buggy rental lots, to error codes and more.
    Been playing perfectly fine since the removal.
    The only big issue I've seen others having (possibly) not related to mods so far is (possible) save corruption when using the cheat to go over six units. However, I never had any plans to do so.
    Save corruption still seems to happen even without modded games or using any cheats.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg