Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Released Jan 16

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
Patch coming today. Back up your saves and make sure you're offline if you don't want your game to update.
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I'm not sure what to expect since they have probably all been on a holiday but fixes to the bugs that came with for rent should be a priority.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Thanks for the warning
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 16
    EA App updated just now too
    (might be good idea to update that before sims4 update rolls out)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Why? Can one update mess up the other?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 16
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

Why? Can one update mess up the other?

I mean probably not but I just find it less confusing to update things separately in case something did go wrong
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    Patch coming today. Back up your saves and make sure you're offline if you don't want your game to update.

ty @simgirl1010
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    @simgirl1010 I don't know if you can share, but do you know if there will be an announcement today about the kits?
    You have me wondering now. I bet so. I mean Castle kit leaked to come Thursday so... should be son notice, I would think.
  • Options
    @LeucosiaX I don't have any info on the kits. 🙂
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    I have my EA app open early for an update for once!
  • Options
    edited January 16
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    @DaniRose2143 your issue got fixed
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    I can't help but feel a little offended by the "we added some additional Legacy Bug Fixes for good measure" and screenshots being the only thing fixed for FR :s
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    @DaniRose2143 your issue got fixed

Yesss!!😁
  • Options
    See this thread for a couple of comments from EA_Cade regarding the lack of For Rent bug fixes.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1012139/january-patch-speculation-thread-2024-now-released/p1#
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    As there was no laundry list, I'll come here instead with this:

Still no fix for constant fear of death for elders.

Though yeah, holiday season is ending and people are getting back into offices, so it's understandable.
  • Options
    monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 257 Member
    When will they fix the bug about not more than 3 sims participating in the holidays?
  • Options
    Jess_KimbaJess_Kimba Posts: 20 Member
    Updated this morning and I suddenly can’t assign rooms to apartments anymore. I can select the room, click the drop-down, but nothing saves as an assigned room. Anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    Looks like I'm going to miss the For Rent early purchase bonus. While it totally make sense why they couldn't fix everything before the holidays, I think I'll wait at least one more patch before buying it.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Yes, same here @HavenRose
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Same here, that grill with an umbrella is nice but...not worth worrying about having my saves getting corrupted. I don't want the pack that much.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    It doesn’t need to be an either/or choice. I bought the pack and have simply been getting on with other things in the game while these bugs are fixed. I haven’t done anything much with residential rentals yet. I’ve explored Tomarang a bit and tried out some of the gameplay. But I’ve mainly been playing in Henford-on-Bagley lately and my save game is fine as far as I know. I haven’t noticed any problems or corruption. So if you want the bonus items you can still get the pack now, and do other things in the game until the issues are fixed.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    @FreddyFox1234 I'm doing something similar. I bought For Rent 10 days ago before reports of corrupt saves but have only been using certain aspects of the pack. Enjoying the world. Having fun with new traits, BB and CAS items, etc. I did build one rental duplex, but none of my played sims live there or manage it, just NPCs.

I don't want to attempt tenant or landlord gameplay until bugs are resolved. I had hoped issues around rentals would be fixed by now. That hasn't happened. My game is fine, but I won't tempt fate by playing with rentals. I understand people's legitimate concerns.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Extending the availability of the limited-time items would be the right thing for the company to do, IMO.