Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Walkthrough through the For Rent Survey 🚢

Β«1
There is a new survey! I really wish they'd do surveys more often!

14f5e038c56401fa789c18027469cb344e4bf237.pnj

All the questions below the spoiler ~ 15 pics ΓΆ.Γ–'
πŸ‘‡
ac84daad8cf68c2f9453e38d692a04f60a1781c3.pnj
26fe39e578a4ff8a58e8068cd10aee93bc684ebc.pnj
c4bdd0da7a5a076c779c2bd0f7ef063c582fe077.pnj
3a2819302baa18f2332ef2a89155fef65f2152e3.pnj
cadfb8e6df6046f435b94b8766a95b91e085ac2c.pnj
c0ba5506ed34c487bb560110aba8d2164b2907bb.pnj
Vanesha is the premade property owner. I had to google ^^'
6c9a9a702f86c048e483e865273304bb78f9cdbc.pnj
6a83345c5a60aebcf824a67ae46e2c21495d436e.pnj
3be51e9dc466031a56c16b54302ff13e33eac770.pnj
0e82ba0bbaece1d747af2a9034b91acd1fb500b9.pnj
4b390fa6cf74728b61e520fdf4968434975d1160.pnj
4585df651c4188e2827fe6bb94b8ea355a7c5dc8.pnj
0b16842eee1abf54b009a7ea697bf01302c60c6d.pnj
b7c0b7338a11f72409c48381332fdd926f8aef06.pnj
πŸ‘†
a40d2fedf1a798446f7c270b70f72420c13c9fc3.pnj
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Hey y'all. Please log in and give the Sims team your feedback on For Rent. For the time being I'm not playing with the rental system as I don't want to jeopardize my one and only save but I'm really looking forward to playing a landlord. Hopefully soon!
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    I hope everyone answering the survey comments on the fact that the pack was (probably knowingly, based on some early access glitches) released riddled with bugs. They're obviously trying to figure out which of their marketing angles and pack features suck people in the most, but they should be put on notice that continuing to skimp on QA could endanger future sales, no matter how many inconsequential bonus items they offer with a pack.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    @PandoraTO I have to admit that my focus was more on the extremely small world with so much unusable space and few lots. I was especially insulted by the "we really wanted to give you guys lots of space to build" comment (paraphrased) from the play through. It was insulting to say that when releasing the smallest ever world in an EP. To be honest I'd rather they'd have said that "we know this is small, but it was what we could afford on the budget we had" or "with so many worlds in the game, performance is an issue and therefore we couldn't make this bigger even if we wanted to." Just be honest, don't pretend you gave us the equivalent of Windenburg when you gave us something slightly larger than Glimmerbrook.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Hey y'all. Please log in and give the Sims team your feedback on For Rent. For the time being I'm not playing with the rental system as I don't want to jeopardize my one and only save but I'm really looking forward to playing a landlord. Hopefully soon!

You can play a landlord without any problems (If you play vanilla).
  • Options
    You can play a landlord without any problems (If you play vanilla).

@alanmichael1 that's good to know. I did play as a landlord for a few days after release and found it really fun. I used one of the rentals and family that came with the game.

I didn't run into any problems but stopped because my sims already had too much on their plates with Growing Together and Horse Ranch. What I'm really looking forward to though is managing one of my own 6 unit rentals with my own sim families.
  • Options
    edited January 14
    @PandoraTO

Searched back through my history from yesterday and I think this is the link for the survey. I got an oops and message that I'd already taken the survey.

https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7583979/
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I don't think my feedback will be of any value as I have not yet played with the pack's main feature due to the corrupted save bug. There's no way I will risk my 10 years old game just to respond to a survey... ;) Crossing fingers and toes for a soon to come addressing of our problems.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    @Simmerville that's still valuable feedback because it could have bearing on your desire to purchase future packs.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I heard there was another survey from EA for people who haven't purchased the pack yet. I'd love to give my feedback on that one but I think it was only sent in emails. They should make those publicly accessible as well, although I suspect these surveys are just looking for what makes people spend their money and they're not actually asking for real feedback with questions like, "How did the bonus items influence your decision to buy the pack?"

Call me cynical but I wouldn't be surprised if they start pulling more objects out of the packs to dangle in front of players as "preorder bonuses" to get more people to spend their money up front. 😐
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    @PandoraTO

Searched back through my history from yesterday and I think this is the link for the survey. I got an oops and message that I'd already taken the survey.

https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7583979/

Thanks! Just noting that this link is to the survey for those who have bought the pack. I’d need the version of the survey for those who haven’t bought it. Maybe it’ll show up on my TS4 homescreen if I wait a few more days.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 14
    I haven't bought the pack yet. I launched the game yesterday looking for the Survey and it was on the front page (patched). The Survey asked what it would take for me to buy. Very short... I'll see if I can link later today if no one else does.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    If you do not own For Rent: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7583974/
    I don't know if we're given unique links or not. It did warn me I've already voted and that voting again would replace my previous vote. Feel free to use the link anyways.
    i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    It worked for me even though I've already taken the in-game survey.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Thanks for posting the links for the surveys. I haven’t been able to play for a couple of days so haven’t seen the survey in-game yet, but I used the link to take part in it now instead.
  • Options
    I don't know if we're given unique links or not. It did warn me I've already voted and that voting again would replace my previous vote. Feel free to use the link anyways.

Thanks, just submitted! That was cathartic. :)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Who or what the heck is Vanesha? (The last option on the "Overall, how satisfied are you with the following features of this pack?" page.)

• Options
    Who or what the heck is Vanesha? (The last option on the "Overall, how satisfied are you with the following features of this pack?" page.)

There's a Vanesha in For Rent.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Vanesha_Cahyaputri
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member

Thanks for linking this
    added some feedback on things that make me hesitant to buy into this pack :)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    As someone who hasn't bought it yet due to the bugs, I left my feedback :)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

@SimplyJen Thank you so much for finding that link! I really appreciate it. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I haven't played with any of the rental features and don't plan on it until we get confirmation all the game breaking issues have been fully resolved. But I took the survey anyways and gave my feedback... it's important they see the impact of what these bugs/glitches do to their players' gaming experiences.

Meanwhile, I won't risk playing with any of the rental features (confirmed as bugged or not) because there are people reporting that their saves are getting corrupted.... and not just the saves they're playing in.... but some of their other game saves when they try to load them later on. So whatever problems are happening, those issues seem to be corrupting other game save files (.save) in the same folder directory.

That's a very serious problem.

And even though I have a handful of backups of my game saved on a portable harddrive dating back to November... those backup replacement options are there only as a last resort. I'd rather not have to rollback my entire game saves folder just so I can play a landlord or tenant for a few hours only to discover a couple days later my other game saves are now stuck in a loading loop when I try to play them.

Not worth the headache. I'll just wait patiently for the proper fixes.... there are plenty of other things for my simmies (and me) to enjoy in the game during the interim.

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 15
    Thanks for sharing the survey, I haven't bought it and I shared my reasons why. I hope players that have experienced bugs or haven't bought it because of bugs will be able to provide feedback back to them and that this will be improved.

It felt like this pack could have used more development time, a lot of features in the world ended up being rabbit holes and there were too few lots and also too many small lots. I myself never understood the point with the snooping mechanic either because the secrets are just randomly generated.

The issues were definitely not marketing as some questions in the survey seems to suggest, they did the best they could with what was there.

What I hope that EA/Maxis understands is that they have to put in development time for the things that we players can't improve and give use things to play with and customize, we can't customize rabbit holes, change lot sizes or use features that are broken and corrupt saves.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Like many other companies, EA is profit oriented and I think they are trying to figure out a balance.
    How many of us a willing to pay for less/buggy content and when does it hurt when we don't.
    A few weeks ago I made a chart with steam data from the reviews on Expansions and Game Packs.
    I never found a source with actual copy sales but with the data of the steam reviews we can see that is has an impact when a pack is buggy and I think EA does sell less of these packs when potential buyers read these reviews.
    But does the effort of taking more time to publish a bug free pack with better content pay off for EA?

I'm just not sure if they refuse to learn from desasters like 'My Wedding Stories' or if it just doesn't hurt enough to change something and they throw these unfinished packs on us on purpose(?)
    (I think it just doesn't hurt enough ^^')
    72273dfe9cac57523f18aaabca199c641206979e.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SoteirianSoteirian Posts: 4 New Member
    Personally, I don't have issues with the size of the world or the lots. My issue is the bugs. The limbo lot issue (which results in errors every time you try to load a household) happens so often I spent most of my game time repairing my files. Even when the game is loaded there are issues like ownership not being recognized, or my sims who rents a room in a house is stuck in a spot and cannot move (had to move her out to free her). Even when there are no hardcore errors, weird things like not getting rent payment, tenants not using shared space, etc. All these just make the game unplayable.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Maybe I did something wrong, but the survey cut off after the Have you played with any of this pack? question (I said no because all I did was update a lot), so I couldn't let them know I haven't played because of the bugs lol
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.