Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding San Myshuno - Recreation Center (SanMyshuno Youth Center) on page 4

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I'm done building the San Myshuno Youth Center! It took a while, as I kept fidgeting with architecture. I wanted it to be an old warehouse that got repurposed, so I played around with lots of posts and beams, brick and metal everywhere, and I kept decor to a minimum, serving a purpose more than truly decorating, while offering a bunch of activities. It would be prohibitively expensive as a rental, but I did set it up so that sims can live there for a while if they need a place to stay. It might work if the bedrooms are set up as apartments with everything else being communal spaces, but I like keeping it entirely public.

The lot can be downloaded on the gallery as usual : Gallery link

There are a few more pictures on imgur Imgur link

Large windows have been added on every side of the building to let more light in and let sims enjoy the views.
    RqNzOgj.png
    Yq6vEUN.png

A skylight roof allows natural light to reach the second floor gallery and the little indoor park in the center of the ground floor.
    mqiYn8x.png

Here are the floor plans, starting with the ground floor, then the second floor.
    1JGlbgq.png
    rTbZSxr.png

The main entrance
    AvrA3RD.png

There are graffiti on both sides of the building.
    taker7k.png

Upon entering there are a few tables and a cafeteria spot, though you'll have to hire someone to tend it. Ignore the white ceilings. I thought about painting them halfway through taking pictures. They are metallic in the finish build.
    XOxgwCK.png

Right behind the cafeteria counter, there is a space for sims to learn some crafts.
    mKtRXnV.png

Then, there is a space for watching movies later in the day.
    JqapEEF.png
    ctr9C1H.png

The back has a gym space with a basketball hoop, punching bags and some machines. There's a stereo on that yellow table against the wall.
    1N6Hw4e.png

Next to it is small space for sims to do laundry. It's the only part I forgot to test. I hope it works!
    y0vArc3.png

They can go outside to hang clothes, sit next to the water, do some spray-paint murals and play with water on the hottest days of summer. After all, heat waves can be very tough to deal with in the city.
    IjVmA6J.png
    1K5GfH7.png

Going back inside, to a gaming area. See that very high "half-wall"? It's actually hiding the bathrooms, which are just hidden by a corridor of these, air flowing above the walls and through the metal beams on the ceiling. The bathrooms themselves have stalls for toilets and showers so they can be used even though no walls close off the space.
    XfSNVMj.png
    7frNHoY.png

There's also a dance floor.
    BhlCag6.png

Finally, right in the middle of the ground floor, fake grass, a sky light and some interesting choices of furniture make a tiny park that can be enjoyed no matter the weather. That's also where the stairs are, leading to the living areas, children's things and quieter spaces on the second floor.
    ESJCx5D.png
    wnTkP9I.png
    Cm1ZTiU.png
    mNylX5M.png
    HwiCsc7.png

There are two identical full bathrooms upstairs.
    5KnrVmd.png

There are also six bedrooms with bunkbeds. It's not completely private : the doors have a window so people can be checked on, and the beds are singles to avoid anything untoward happening in this public space, but it allows people to rest in a safe environment when they need it. Four of the bedrooms are small and have, other than the single bunk beds, just a tiny shelf and either a desk or some yoga/meditation stuff. The other two instead include a rocking chair behind a partition and some stuff for toddlers or infants.
    zM9kPMd.png
    x9CiKhd.png
    t3BLj0V.png
    tdRCl6v.png

There's a kitchen as well. However, I had to block access to the refrigerators, as non-played sims kept pulling out ingredients and leaving them everywhere : on counters, on toilets, on the floor in the corridor. I don't know why. One baked a cake successfully, then everyone just kept pulling out more ingredients.
    caGDmLu.png
    BxFsKr2.png

The children can enjoy a play room.
    7ukRm7i.png
    VcAZwII.png

There's also a tiny music room with a mic, a keyboard and an electric guitar.
    IzVmhuO.png

The other corners of the top floor include an area for work, with bookcases and computers, a gaming room and a small living room with comfy seating and a small tv for people who want a quieter spot to talk and relax.
    vlpl6Td.png
    FGlj2Jn.png
    AHkrxd3.png
    064mT97.png

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,619 Member
    San Myshuno Youth Center is a great renovated warehouse recreation centre :) Very nice warehouse exterior design, great glass skylight roofing, and the garage style doors are great. The interior furnishing and layout are very nice, and there are lots of activities for sims to do there! The sleeping, snacks, gym,reading, music, dancing and games areas are great! The area to make candles, use the fabricator and do woodworking is very nice. The middle park and kids play area is very nice.
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow for taking the time to comment! I'm glad you like this build!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,956 Member
    Cool rec center! By the way, the behavior with taking out ingredients from the fridge is from the Foodies Unite NAP.
  • Options
    @mightysprite Thanks for letting me know! I'll check if that's what's going on and probably try to repeal it. I do wish the NAPs were a little less overpowering. I like the idea at a basis, but some behaviors become so excessive.
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    The Youth Center looks really great, a lot of activities, a lot of gameplay opportunities :)
  • Options
    Thank you @imoger I'm glad you like it! I try to make my community lots have many uses whenever I can, so I can send more sims and let them each do their thing.
  • Options
    Finished playtesting a quick little build I'd done a little while ago. It's a run-down apartment in the Spice Market for a couple runaway teens and one of the teens' little sister.

It can be downloaded [url="[img]https://i.imgur.com/txYnhv4.png[/img]"]on the gallery[/url]

I wanted the place to be useable, but still look shabby. Somehow, it still got pretty expensive...
    ICdrW1M.png
    WodfaNh.png

I imagine the teens brought a couple things, but otherwise just grabbed whatever they could find to furnish the place. Except I did put some beds in there. I couldn't bring myself to have them sleep in sleeping bags.
    u6xhcud.png
    txYnhv4.png
    wGrXQzs.png

0NjpLa1.png
    ARZwDRU.png
    ChyTsib.png
    I7WZbcY.png
    uAkE2l7.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,619 Member
    Your renovation of 17 Culpepper apartment is great! :) The run down theme with rips and stained walls and mess on the kitchen floor is great and nice cushions to sit and use a tablet, read books and listen to music. The old fridge and stove and the cracked photo on the bed area wall are great touches.
  • Options
    8doggone8doggone Posts: 18 Member
    Those are absolutely gorgeous! I especially like that movie theater setup!
  • Options
    @8doggone Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top