Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I guess the download issue is still a problem. I finally bought the pack yesterday afternoon, and after 15-16 hours of trying to download, still no luck. I've tried reloading the page, logging in and out, and I finally gave up and tried canceling the download this morning, but now it's been stuck on "canceling" for about an hour. :|

Did you update the application as well? When I downloaded my game I encountered no issues, but the application needed an update as well.

I don't think so. I've tried both reloading the page and restarting the app, and never got prompted to update the app.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I guess the download issue is still a problem. I finally bought the pack yesterday afternoon, and after 15-16 hours of trying to download, still no luck. I've tried reloading the page, logging in and out, and I finally gave up and tried canceling the download this morning, but now it's been stuck on "canceling" for about an hour. :|

Did you update the application as well? When I downloaded my game I encountered no issues, but the application needed an update as well.

I don't think so. I've tried both reloading the page and restarting the app, and never got prompted to update the app.

Maybe you could try restarting the entire computer to make sure cache memory is completely cleared of all background processes.
  • Options
    ShiftclickShiftclick Posts: 20 Member
    @Shiftclick The Rental option is still there, it's just called "Vacation Rental" now. Also, an easier way would be to disable moving in the Neighborhood Stories settings if you don't want anyone to move into your homes.

Thank you. I did not know that was possible. It also answered other questions. I have gone back and am only playing the base game. I will slowly add back 1 EP or GP at a time. Seeing if I can make this game fun again for myself.
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    I live on the same lot as my tenants. When I call a contractor to take care of certain events, no one shows up to my lot but I do get notified that the problem was solved.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    For me, this pack is a total snoozefest....unless there's something I'm missing on property ownership & rent. My Sim bought a rental property for 250,000 simeoleons and it has 4 units. I have her living in one of the units but at the low rent amount of tenants it'll take forever to make that money back. I understand it's an investment....but it just seems rent should be higher. Also nothing is happening in these shared spaces. Nobody is doing laundry that I created a laundry room or using the gym.

The world is beautiful but very empty. The only thing I actually like is being able to have apartments/townhomes in other worlds for my Sims to live in. Besides that....this pack is a let down.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    edited December 2023
    Wish when a sim died it did not mess up the rental.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    There isn’t much to do in Tomarang unfortunately. The temple and Tiger sanctuary are rabbit holes (but I’d rather have that than just shells, though).

The swimming area is big, so you can use boats and jet skis and that’s nice, but I do wish there was one lot sitting halfway on the water that I could have turned into a beach.
    Being able to scuba dive or snorkel for those who have Island Living would have been nice. Also being able to go hiking if you have Snowy Escape. It’s sad that they give us these gameplay features but don’t extend them to other worlds, it’s only for the pack it came with and that’s annoying imho.

I do like the night market and its beautiful lights though, but a few more stalls and new harvestables to buy there would have been nice. Also it would have been nice to be able to sell fish from sims inventories at the fish Market.

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited December 2023
    Dianesims wrote: »
    There isn’t much to do in Tomarang unfortunately. The temple and Tiger sanctuary are rabbit holes (but I’d rather have that than just shells, though).

The swimming area is big, so you can use boats and jet skis and that’s nice, but I do wish there was one lot sitting halfway on the water that I could have turned into a beach.
    Being able to scuba dive or snorkel for those who have Island Living would have been nice. Also being able to go hiking if you have Snowy Escape. It’s sad that they give us these gameplay features but don’t extend them to other worlds, it’s only for the pack it came with and that’s annoying imho.

I do like the night market and its beautiful lights though, but a few more stalls and new harvestables to buy there would have been nice. Also it would have been nice to be able to sell fish from sims inventories at the fish Market.

Yes to this! It sounds so obvious that they must have forgotten it. Hopefully it can be patched in eventually.

And just like the walk hikes are restricted to Snowy Escape I think the beach lots is a Island Living feature. Beach lots probably require coding that those not having the IL pack will not have, so beach lots would then need to be made base game to work. While I agree the base lots could be added to more worlds, I do think there were already plenty of pack exclusive content that was made BG. I paid for all this stuff, while BG is now free...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Whoa, that's scary. So far I'm only playing as a landlord in one of the rentals that came with the game. I'm still working on furnishing my 5 unit rental so I'm going to continue that but hold off placing tenants until this is addressed.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    For me, this pack is a total snoozefest....unless there's something I'm missing on property ownership & rent. My Sim bought a rental property for 250,000 simeoleons and it has 4 units. I have her living in one of the units but at the low rent amount of tenants it'll take forever to make that money back. I understand it's an investment....but it just seems rent should be higher. Also nothing is happening in these shared spaces. Nobody is doing laundry that I created a laundry room or using the gym.

The world is beautiful but very empty. The only thing I actually like is being able to have apartments/townhomes in other worlds for my Sims to live in. Besides that....this pack is a let down.

Did you put hampers in the units? I’ve had sims use the laundry room and the gym equipment that I put as shared space
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    edited December 2023

I got hit with the stuck on residential rental lot type yesterday. Have added a me too on the bug report. Lucky I saw this post and didn't spend too much time continuing playing with that save. Only way I could fix it was to revert to a non-corrupted version from earlier. This is a really good reminder to always keep backup saves! I would have been devastated if I'd broken my master save (of 6+ years!!) because of this nasty bug.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member

I ran into the ‘stuck on residential rental lot type’ issue as well and was able to fix it. While trying to fix it, I encountered many of the other issues as well such as the multi-billion simoleon rent issue. At one point, I noticed that there were 2 lots on the one lot. One was ‘residential rental’ and the other was ‘residential’. It took a lot of time to fix it, but it is fixable.

I tried to add ‘Me too’ to the thread, but I’m unable to because it’s greyed out for me like in other threads on AHQ. I wonder how many other players are also unable to report bugs because of the same issue on AHQ.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited December 2023
    g01denswan wrote: »
    I ran into the ‘stuck on residential rental lot type’ issue as well and was able to fix it. While trying to fix it, I encountered many of the other issues as well such as the multi-billion simoleon rent issue. At one point, I noticed that there were 2 lots on the one lot. One was ‘residential rental’ and the other was ‘residential’. It took a lot of time to fix it, but it is fixable.

How did you fix it? I tried bulldozing it, changing the lot type to various other lot types, placing a lot from the library. While the lot may say what it is correctly while I'm in in, it still says residential rentals in map mode and has the units/price information that was previously there.

Thankfully I've never seen the two lots on one lot bug and the 4 billion dollar rentals was fixed for me with the patch.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    You basically need to ensure nothing is linked to the lot. I didn’t have any lot traits or challenges set so I didn’t need to remove any. I didn’t have any tenants yet so I didn’t need to evict anyone. I unassigned the rooms from the units and made them rooms of the first unit. Can’t remember if I did anything else as it took me a long time and I had tried different things including bulldozing the lot and terrain and then placing the lot again from my library. That’s probably how I had 2 lots on the one lot for a while. That may be when I got the multi billion simoleon rent as well. I also saved and exited to the main menu after each change.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I've seen a lot of bugs in the new world and Strangervill on lots that had traits placed by Maxis. But in New Crest where there are not traits on the lots I don't see any bugs other than the dirty room moodlet on my neat sims from the tea kettles. I play without mods or cc in my game and I have only played as a landlord.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member

I had similar. Last 24 hours fighting with trying to load houses. I recommend trying from lot loaded into- then drop just regaular residence then change it to res. rental, than drop res rental from gallery in. Extremely slow and quirky but after 24 hours - I finaly got it. I have been reporting what the last exceptions write in the 1st parapgraph to the origin er regualrly in attempt to correct the error
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    The Stuck on Residential Rental is happening to me constantly now. Even on a save file I have from before For Rent came out. I don't dare play my master save until this fixed in case it gets corrupted beyond repair. Really hope EA is working on it. I've added info from my game in the thread. I hope everyone how is able to, does so as well to raise awareness of the issue.: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-FR-Stuck-on-Residential-Rental-Lot-type/td-p/13291850
  • Options
    ImSands wrote: »

I got hit with the stuck on residential rental lot type yesterday. Have added a me too on the bug report. Lucky I saw this post and didn't spend too much time continuing playing with that save. Only way I could fix it was to revert to a non-corrupted version from earlier. This is a really good reminder to always keep backup saves! I would have been devastated if I'd broken my master save (of 6+ years!!) because of this nasty bug.

this sounds dangerous. What exactly is this?
    how do I prevent it? I just got the pack and it's weird, but I dont want to mess up my save.
  • Options

How do you avoid this?

I have so far only been setting up and moving people in and renovating, but it this specific to Tomarang only?

I found the other builds I made prior less buggy. MAxis builds were buggy at first but I think I fixed them.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    edited December 2023
    Can be deleted i found the issue on hq and added me too is the events not be disabled if it unchecked.
    Post edited by bandit5 on
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    @LeucosiaX I'm not sure, and I haven't bought the pack so can't experiment-- best thing to do is read the AHQ threads and see what seems to be the best advice there, until the bug gets fixed
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    @LeucosiaX I'm not sure, and I haven't bought the pack so can't experiment-- best thing to do is read the AHQ threads and see what seems to be the best advice there, until the bug gets fixed

@mightysprite thank you. I have a difficult time navigating & finding exactly what I am looking for or receiving help on that message board.

What I understand from what I read here is, DO NOT try to turn a residence rental into a regular rental, or it corrupts your save and you get stuck. I was going to do that, but I will hold off from that now. I really want to play, but I am so scared, I'm just in setting up mode. But I really want to play already.
  • Options
    ImSands wrote: »

How exactly is this bug @ImSands ?

I thought I was stuck as a landlord on a lot - I just had no option to play them but I had to move them from the residence to get them out.