Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    @Shiftclick The Rental option is still there, it's just called "Vacation Rental" now. Also, an easier way would be to disable moving in the Neighborhood Stories settings if you don't want anyone to move into your homes.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,029 Member
    edited December 2023
    image.png
    The pack glitches are so annoying. At least Horse Ranch's glitches were less intrusive. I can't even access a household because I changed the lot back to a residential, so it thinks the lot has no units.

Needless to say, I'm keeping an eye on the bugs forum.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    image.png
    The pack glitches are so annoying. At least Horse Ranch's glitches were less intrusive. I can't even access a household because I changed the lot back to a residential, so it thinks the lot has no units.

Needless to say, I'm keeping an eye on the bugs forum.

Yeah it's unfortunate. It's super easy to change the lot from residential to residential rental, which I spent the few days on in my template save. I wish I would have realized how impossible it is to do the reverse, because there's things like me realizing I actually want to furnish an empty apartment for a townie I moved in. I heard it's very slow to do that in build mode so I though, oh, I'll just switch it back. NOPE. Once something is RR it's soooo difficult to change it to anything else. My Tomarang, which I had originally pictured as mostly a vacation world with only one residential rental on it, is basically untouched right now because I tried switching the 20X15 lot into a restaurant and it just wouldn't let me.

I do like the pack and the pack concept and I'm looking forward to playing it once the bugs are fixed but heaven help you if you want to change the lot type of a RR.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,101 Member
    I'm typically a "wait for sales" kind of person, I haven't bought any of the recent new packs for this reason. But I decided to buy For Rent as a Christmas present at full price. I've been dying to recreate all the apartments from Belladonna Cove.

The BB stuff is nice and I'm loving my builds... but there's no point in sharing them until they fix the bugs. The lot names keep reverting and the rent is in the billions. My own Sims aren't even able to live in them. I showed my husband what the rent on the current unit I'm building is and he said "How did this bug get through testing?" Good question. I could see the names reverting being missed because it requires that you re-purpose an existing lot and they likely built all new ones. But how did the rent cost bug get through? Is there anyone who isn't seeing it?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I played as a tenant for the first time today and was so disappointed by all the bugs. My rent like so many others was 4.2billion, and the other option on the mailbox to 'pay rent and bills' was 9,999,999. When stuff broke in my apartment, the landlord came but refused to carry out repairs and just spent his time mopping puddles until I got fed up and hired the repair service.

I'm not sure if this is another bug, but every time I leave my unit the door lock settings are reset, so I have to re-lock it every time I return home to stop neighbours randomly wandering in.

The pack has a lot of great features, but currently I'm in the 'disappointed but not surprised' category. I should have known better than to buy another pack on release.
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Not sure if this has been said here but:

1. It seems like prices and rules cannot be edited unless you're a landlord. I was hoping for an edit option in build mode (before any tenants move in).

2. The pack is very empty in general. Stop giving us pretty worlds and nothing else.

3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like shared spaces do not function at all. I never seen other tenants. And it looks like if you have an outdoor area that isn't enclosed by a fence or anything, it won't count as a shared space, so you won't see anyone anyways.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I’ve played around with the apartment building tools to build a condominium type building and for the most part it’s not bad. The residential rental lot type has issues when painting walls and causes the game to slow to a crawl. Haven’t had a chance to play with it yet so I can’t speak for the gameplay. I thought they said we could set unit pricing but maybe that’s just for property owners? IMO that should be patched into manage worlds too.

I wish they would have included elevators since stairs take up a lot of space. Building a condo has been a little tricky having to accommodate 2 6-tile stairwells on a 30x40 lot.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Slow cooker messes with the Fresh Chef trait -.- this dish should not spoil 😭
    6796faf6a5b82eb6cb00471c35c7bd272e94fd77.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    Slow cooker messes with the Fresh Chef trait -.- this dish should not spoil 😭
    6796faf6a5b82eb6cb00471c35c7bd272e94fd77.jpg

I recently needed a sim with this trait to leave out food to spoil for an aspiration, I think from bust the dust. But she couldn't make food that spoils. Looks like this pack offers a workaround. But it feels like an oversight and annoying outside of this one aspiration goal.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I've been dying to recreate all the apartments from Belladonna Cove.

Ooooh, if you do, please let us know if you put them on the gallery!
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited December 2023
    Amapola76 wrote: »

They posted a bug update today. If it actually fixed the rent issues then I'll start sharing them.

Edit: Rent appears to be fine now. The name of the lot and the units still reverts to what it was before though. I've decided to start sharing them anyway. Hopefully they will address that bug soon. Until then, I guess it would be handy to keep notes on what lots are supposed to be named.

My gallery ID for anyone who wants the Sims 2 lots is as it says under my posts- LadyGray01. I've already done Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville, and Desiderata Valley and am working on Belladonna Cove right now.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member

They posted a bug update today. If it actually fixed the rent issues then I'll start sharing them.

Edit: Rent appears to be fine now. The name of the lot and the units still reverts to what it was before though. I've decided to start sharing them anyway. Hopefully they will address that bug soon. Until then, I guess it would be handy to keep notes on what lots are supposed to be named.

My gallery ID for anyone who wants the Sims 2 lots is as it says under my posts- LadyGray01. I've already done Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville, and Desiderata Valley and am working on Belladonna Cove right now.

Doing god's work
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,940 Member
    Nice to see some bug fixes in today's patch!
    Bug Fixes

For Rent
    Mellowing out Build Mode:
    Drawing, deleting, and auto-filling wallpaper in Residential Rentals will stop causing Build Mode slowdown.

Mellowing out Evil Landlords:
    Taka Soi premade lot rents won’t get into the Billions and force you to stay. Let’s keep it civil. Any incorrect price UI in existing saves should quickly update to normal by the next bills cycle.

Mellowing out water usage:
    Sims will no longer obsessively excessively autonomously shower when hygiene is not low. Like, you’re clean already, Sim. Stop.

FreeRealEstate On cheat will now turn on again:
    Cheaters can happily mellow out once more.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member
    SimChic1 wrote: »

1. It seems like prices and rules cannot be edited unless you're a landlord. I was hoping for an edit option in build mode (before any tenants move in).

2. The pack is very empty in general. Stop giving us pretty worlds and nothing else.

3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like shared spaces do not function at all. I never seen other tenants. And it looks like if you have an outdoor area that isn't enclosed by a fence or anything, it won't count as a shared space, so you won't see anyone anyways.

I’ve noticed the Sims gravitate towards certain items. But my sims have been using the shared spaces. The things I’ve seen other Sims doing are.

-using the pool
    -using the hot tub
    -grilling- this one is actually annoying.
    -yoga
    -dancing- but the radio was on
    -simbles
    -gardening- they will also leave flowers and fruit, but they won’t plant them on their own. Also make sure you wake up your Sim early to harvest because they also harvest anything on the lot which is annoying.

I will say I wish more Sims would be out at once. I want to say I’ve seen a max up about four. Maybe 5.

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

I’ve noticed the Sims gravitate towards certain items. But my sims have been using the shared spaces. The things I’ve seen other Sims doing are.

-using the pool
    -using the hot tub
    -yoga
    -simbles
    -gardening- they will also leave flowers and fruit, but they won’t plant them on their own. Also make sure you wake up your Sim early to harvest because they also harvest anything on the lot which is annoying.

I will say I wish more Sims would be out at once. I want to say I’ve seen a max up about four. Maybe 5.

I'll add the foosball table. I don't know what it's called in the game.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member

-using the pool
    -using the hot tub
    -yoga
    -simbles

I suspect the object preference is unfortunately going to be a continuing issue with Sims 4. If shared areas are coded in any way similar to community lots, they won't have intuitive function. Meaning, Sims are only going to interact with specific objects (whatever the devs pre-determined would be used in those areas), the same way Sim behavior on community lots will ignore objects that aren't coded for use in that lot "category". It's extremely frustrating and limiting and is the main reason why people want multi-function lots.

If we were able to, say, just plop a cupcake maker on a cafe or retail lot and have Sims autonomously make cupcakes, or stick a bunch of science objects on a park for Sims to use and make it a theme park, etc... we would have a ton of creative gameplay options for community spaces. As it is, we're kind of at the mercy of what the devs choose, which is usually limited by base game capabilities first and foremost.

So I think we're going to have to be stuck with limited activities in shared spaces, unfortunately.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,140 Member
    I've noticed in Tomarang, that the Residental Rentals "Apartments" are actually Special Lots & can't change them. Also, in Tomarang, the units can't be selected. The Residential Rental Lots don't work very well in Tomarang. :'( However, in Evergreen Harbor it works great. :p And my guess, probably in all other older worlds.
  • Options
    VytautėVytautė Posts: 6 New Member
    Has anyone come up with a legit reason why residential rentals cannot be placed on "waterfront lots" in Sulani? Sulani is my favourite world in Sims and no matter how I think about it I just don't understand why I can't make a waterfront lot into a residential rental... :(
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 559 Member
    @Vytautė I don't know for sure, but I suspect the code for designating the different apartments builds on the basement-design functionality in some way. This would make it impossible to set up a residential rental on a lot that can't have basements (i.e. waterfront lots, penthouse lots).
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    @Vytautė I don't know for sure, but I suspect the code for designating the different apartments builds on the basement-design functionality in some way. This would make it impossible to set up a residential rental on a lot that can't have basements (i.e. waterfront lots, penthouse lots).

I don't understand the basement argument. I never added basements to my rental complexes, and never got any note telling me that a basement is required? I've placed the water heater and stuff in a ground floor room, I don't see anything else that might go in a basement?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member
    edited December 2023
    Vytautė wrote: »
    Has anyone come up with a legit reason why residential rentals cannot be placed on "waterfront lots" in Sulani? Sulani is my favourite world in Sims and no matter how I think about it I just don't understand why I can't make a waterfront lot into a residential rental... :(

https://twitter.com/ZerbuTabek/status/1734492567650127916
    It makes the water on the lot not swimmable and act as normal terrain.
  • Options
    Shanney139Shanney139 Posts: 60 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Like seriously we still don't even have fairies. When this game came out I wasn't even 20 yet. And now I'm pushing 30. That's a long time for people to still not have the things you have been provided before, especially when you have a "better" format than before. And you're trying to convince then to by the next one.

So yeah I'm a little let down by not having multifunctional lots that allow live-in business, hotels, etc. And the fact that no mention has been made of elevators concerns me. Especially since this pack is obviously perfect to give us some usable ones. And that would be the perfect tie in for more diversity in representation of those with disabilities. And being able to build apartments that can accommodate those. Even the small things like having handicap buttons would be nice.

Other than that though, I already said the things I did quite like in the positive thread. 😌

Yeah - that thing; I was just thinking how come we have to keep paying for things we had within a couple of years (and more), in the Sims3 - I mean isn't a 4th supposed to be an 'update'? The graphics, yes - I really didn't like the Sims3 'moonfaces'.... -

But yes; also I was thinking about making a grotty motel - but no; there isn't that option. You will have to do a lot of pretending yourself at least. And the missing elevators - I was definitely expecting those.... But no. Anyways - I will read your positive comment. And no; I haven't actually bought the game yet, but I have seen plenty of video reviews and gameplay and read people's reaction to it. So yeah; I'll wait, but I will buy it.

• Options
    VytautėVytautė Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Evilyn_1007 said:
    > https://twitter.com/ZerbuTabek/status/1734492567650127916
    > It makes the water on the lot not swimmable and act as normal terrain.

Ahh I see, thank you for that
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I guess the download issue is still a problem. I finally bought the pack yesterday afternoon, and after 15-16 hours of trying to download, still no luck. I've tried reloading the page, logging in and out, and I finally gave up and tried canceling the download this morning, but now it's been stuck on "canceling" for about an hour. :|
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,425 Member
    I guess the download issue is still a problem. I finally bought the pack yesterday afternoon, and after 15-16 hours of trying to download, still no luck. I've tried reloading the page, logging in and out, and I finally gave up and tried canceling the download this morning, but now it's been stuck on "canceling" for about an hour. :|

Did you update the application as well? When I downloaded my game I encountered no issues, but the application needed an update as well.