Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tomarang World Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    53368179381_57d72d0c8d_k.jpg1 by leucosia x, on Flickr

53368623290_079a92797c_k.jpg2 by leucosia x, on Flickr

53368490224_99f2976472_k.jpg3 by leucosia x, on Flickr

53368623300_c6cec85400_k.jpg4 by leucosia x, on Flickr

Sim Guru Anonymous posted these on X last night. The world looks really beautiful.

https://x.com/SimGuruAnon/status/1730345958670516545?s=20

The last one looks like it could be the botanical gardens in the background.

I think the last one is the green bridge from the front or back. I think the house is the owner that gave landlord tips from the game play video. He's loosing that lot in my game because I plan on taking it and walking across the bridge to apartments I'll build and own on the 30X20 lot, while living on the 20X15 lot. I was going to be a landlord and live in an apartment but I like using the simple living lot trait and I don't know how the NPCs will fare with the lot trait.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    I'm dying to see this world in more detail on today's livestream. I have some vague ideas about what I want to do with Tomarang but I haven't gotten too carried away planning just yet. That may change in about 5 hours and change.😁
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2023

Sim Guru Anonymous posted these on X last night. The world looks really beautiful.

The world looks very pretty, looks almost like a resort.

But. Aw man, look at those boats which we can't use, and no fishing spots either...
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

I think these locations are; rBtJJW3.png

Fist one top orange circled.
    2nd and third bottom right red circled
    last one bottom blue circled.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member

I think these locations are;
    rBtJJW3.png

I think its actually these
    IKgJhdM.png
    heart = 1
    star =2
    arrow =3
    plumbob =4
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm dying to see this world in more detail on today's livestream. I have some vague ideas about what I want to do with Tomarang but I haven't gotten too carried away planning just yet. That may change in about 5 hours and change.😁

Me too. Originally I was planning more of urban city apartments styles on huge lots,but now that I see the world actually has a village feel (to me) I'm planing to build a village. I just need to see the lots up close and decide how to get a multifamily on those small lots😅. Otherwise, I'm waiting to see more in the live stream before I officialize anything.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 74 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    Seeing the beautiful boats docked knowing they’re set dressing hurts so bad :D

This!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member

Me too. Originally I was planning more of urban city apartments styles on huge lots,but now that I see the world actually has a village feel (to me) I'm planing to build a village. I just need to see the lots up close and decide how to get a multifamily on those small lots😅. Otherwise, I'm waiting to see more in the live stream before I officialize anything.

I'm thinking something like a haven for conservationists like Sulani but with a jungle theme instead of the ocean. Maybe a vacation place for adventurers. Those are a couple of the ideas I have floating around in my imagination. From what I've seen recently I'm not feeling a 'home' world vibe unless it's a sim or sim family that fills a niche. I feel like any sims that live in Tomarang have an even more specific reason to be there than most premade townies in worlds like WC, OS, and the like.

I can still do what I was planning with Liberty and having her trace her family roots back to Tomarang. I haven't written their backstory yet but I will once I get a feel for what Tomarang is about.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Got these aerial shots of the world in Q&A: For Rent thread
    Thought I'd share them here too so we can all scheme together :)

Morensong (North - Urban Tomarang)

w82lRr7.png

Koh Sahpa (South - Suburban/Rural Tomarang)

EBZSBJd.png

as for my thoughts
    nrNWnhN.jpg
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

w82lRr7.png

EBZSBJd.png

as for my thoughts
    nrNWnhN.jpg

Thank you for this!! ヾ(^-^)ノ
  • Options

I'm thinking something like a haven for conservationists like Sulani but with a jungle theme instead of the ocean. Maybe a vacation place for adventurers. Those are a couple of the ideas I have floating around in my imagination. From what I've seen recently I'm not feeling a 'home' world vibe unless it's a sim or sim family that fills a niche. I feel like any sims that live in Tomarang have an even more specific reason to be there than most premade townies in worlds like WC, OS, and the like.

I can still do what I was planning with Liberty and having her trace her family roots back to Tomarang. I haven't written their backstory yet but I will once I get a feel for what Tomarang is about.

I wish we had gotten trails to walk on because this honestly seems like the perfect place for sight seeing. Especially for people who want to use it as more of a vacation place. I think Tomorang would look beautiful with jungle theme builds!
    Ultimately, I settled on a Thai inspired village where I will move all of my main households. I don't like to get too spesific on real life cultures and races in my Sims game, but I think it fits the theme really well in this case.
    I also never played on such tiny lots before 😅😅😅
    But I think it will be nice to try something different for a change.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

w82lRr7.png

EBZSBJd.png

as for my thoughts
    nrNWnhN.jpg

Nice.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Cool! I wonder if there’s a new fish type to catch ?

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Love that world overview! Nice for when you're navigating the world with your sims.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I was pleasantly surprised by the wide area in which they can swim. I hope this means that there will be room to actually operate the Island Living boats in that space, even though we aren't getting new ones.
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Cool! I wonder if there’s a new fish type to catch ?

No new fish types.
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I was pleasantly surprised by the wide area in which they can swim. I hope this means that there will be room to actually operate the Island Living boats in that space, even though we aren't getting new ones.

The Island Living Boats will work. I suggest using them to get to the cave.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    -So far what I'm thinking is reworking the lounge into a karaoke bar. I don't like lounges in my game unless I have mods because they only seem to attract elders.

-empty 20x20 into a restaurant

-empty 30x20 into a spa

-20x15 rework into a vacation rental

-40x30 6 unit apartment with pool. I wish they had included the one form the trailer

-30x30 this one has me stumped. For now thinking rec center I want it to be a family friendly lot.

• Options
    -So far what I'm thinking is reworking the lounge into a karaoke bar. I don't like lounges in my game unless I have mods because they only seem to attract elders.

-empty 20x20 into a restaurant

-empty 30x20 into a spa

-20x15 rework into a vacation rental

-40x30 6 unit apartment with pool. I wish they had included the one form the trailer

-30x30 this one has me stumped. For now thinking rec center I want it to be a family friendly lot.

They may have included that one in our libraries or it may be on the gallery on release day. Yes a rental lot is needed for vacationing sims. I'm placing one as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

yeah I was thinking screaming gecko really sounds like karaoke kind of place too so I'll probably add that or if we ever get bands it could have some live music stage kind of set up

but I also wanted to move the whole thing to the bigger beachside lot since then it'd be more like beach party and tigers could have more peaceful neighbors :sweat_smile: + there be community lot with close access to the whole island cave thing
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited December 2023
    I definitely want to demolish most of the buildings and put up new ones, whether I make them or get them from that gallery haha. I know there will be many great creations from simmers on the gallery once it releases! I may attempt to make the tiny thai restaurant myself though :D Will also be remodeling the lounge to be more of a karaoke bar or games place. and will of course be using my arcade mods (fingers crossed the update doesnt break them lol) and want to add a small arcade lot. Maybe across from the sanctuary
  • Options
    Some more pictures of Tomorang Iron Seagull Posted. I'm glad they added lights to the trees.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Thanks to those that posted pics. I'm already plotting on how I can turn it into an urban cesspool