Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tomarang World Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    I think the main problem would be that many simmers do not own the IL pack, and therefore not the boats that came with Sulani. So, the team would need to create a new sort of boats - otherwise it would be pointless making the waters accessible. I think they should have, because fishing from (and probably also transportation by) boat is very common in the countryside of this RL region. It would add for so much more, both activity and world setting/environment.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I would really like to hope they considered this and made the water routed for boats,etc.. IL may be an older pack, but it’s an EP and it still exists even if it’s old so i think they really need to consider these things when making worlds. It can really make a difference,
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited November 2023
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    53366370580_5e19218e8c_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-30 at 6.22.14 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

while the For Rent FAQ does mention there are no boats in the ep, this image shows you can swim in the body of water. I have brought a boat from Sulani and to Tartosa and it works, but the water's occupable space does not go far.

What I wonder, is why they show the world map so vast with all the water, if it's not going to be playable.
    Like my first reaction to the image was why is it so poorly cropped, but then I see there is so much unused parts of the map. It would be nice if the water was like Sulani. And then maybe a modder can change the boats to be like that of the kinds of boats they use in Thailand.

53359428984_b4b433e112_k.jpgworld by leucosia x, on Flickr

The swim able part is the beach from the brown island, and the bridge is the one to cross over from the one part of the tiger icon neighborhood to the other side of the tiger icon neighborhood. You can see the green bridge on the picture of the map if you put the map into paint and use the magnifier. I'm hoping we can use the water that has the white lines in it.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,996 Member
    edited November 2023
    I hope we can swim/boat to the island with cave from the tiger neighborhood beaches
    and I wish theres small lot in front of that cave that we can at least free edit and put down firepit or something

and I wish the cave can at least be used to sleep in like mt.komorebi ones if theres no adventure or hidden lot there

if none of the above -why oh why put it on map and get my hopes up
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    53366370580_5e19218e8c_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-30 at 6.22.14 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

while the For Rent FAQ does mention there are no boats in the ep, this image shows you can swim in the body of water. I have brought a boat from Sulani and to Tartosa and it works, but the water's occupable space does not go far.

What I wonder, is why they show the world map so vast with all the water, if it's not going to be playable.
    Like my first reaction to the image was why is it so poorly cropped, but then I see there is so much unused parts of the map. It would be nice if the water was like Sulani. And then maybe a modder can change the boats to be like that of the kinds of boats they use in Thailand.

Island Living boats will work.
  • Options

The swim able part is the beach from the brown island, and the bridge is the one to cross over from the one part of the tiger icon neighborhood to the other side of the tiger icon neighborhood. You can see the green bridge on the picture of the map if you put the map into paint and use the magnifier. I'm hoping we can use the water that has the white lines in it.

I'm hoping the water near the 40x30 lot is swimmable too.
  • Options
    Tho one thing Tomorang is missing is waterfalls.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    Tho one thing Tomorang is missing is waterfalls.

They might be inside a rabbit hole ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Speaking of water expect to see sharks there and a dolphin if mermaids swim. Mermaids will be able to call dolphins if they're skill is high enough.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    If there's no boats in this world, then chances are none of the water areas are going to be routable for Sulani boats either. That means none of the water will be accessible except for the designated swimming spot(s). You might be able to plunk down a Sulani boat at the swimming spot, but you're not going to be able to go anywhere except within the designated swimming zone (which will probably be quite small and Sulani boats are quite big).

And most likely there's only that one swimmable beach spot, which is a non-buildable spot as indicated by the leaked map, so we won't be able to plunk down a bbq and picnic table or anything either. So hopefully that little beach already has a bbq, picnic table, and public toilets to fill our simmies' needs?

The worlds seem to be getting smaller and/or less interactive as each pack comes out, with rabbitholes apparently becoming gameplay features worthy of mention right from the get go. And that makes me sad. :'(

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited November 2023
    Hopefully we can at least "place in world" things like coolers, fire pits, tents, yoga mats, and beach towels... that would make the space a little usable, at least. But I agree, it will be even better if there is a picnic table/grill/public toilet set up. Particularly since we still can't use the picnic baskets without a table.

ETA: I really wish that if you were in a space with no chairs or tables, you could sit upright on a beach towel to eat, drink, or even use a picnic basket. It would be so much more realistic, and it doesn't seem like that it would be any harder to animate that than some of the other actions we have. I mean, I guess sitting cross-legged might be more challenging, but that's not the only option.
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 94 Member
    Hi @MomsBusy , just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum, and great choice of username :)

@LeucosiaX It does look like England though? Maybe it was featured since England is the location of the RL event.

Thank you!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,016 Member
    And most likely there's only that one swimmable beach spot, which is a non-buildable spot as indicated by the leaked map, so we won't be able to plunk down a bbq and picnic table or anything either.

arent at least some of those portable? Could place down from inventory? Maybe not bbq but some tables are.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    can the picnic baskets from CL be used while sitting on the floor? Maybe sims can bring those there pack with food and they can have a picnic on the beach
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm in LOVE with the new (leaked?) Pics of tomorang on XTwitter😱😱😱😱 it's only a few shots but it reminds me of the South Asian/South East Asian villages. And I've always wanted a village style world 🥲.
    I don't like the very modern looking shell houses (for my gameplay) but it doesn't matter much. I shall build my Sims village here(๑˃̵ ᴗ ˂̵)و
    I should have waited to see the world because I'm definitely redoing my build yet again lol. I have different ideas now. Too many ideas actually 😅 and too little time to get to them all.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    On one of those small lots I'm going to place a rental house down for vacationing sims.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited December 2023
    MomsBusy wrote: »
    I am disappointed by the lot sizes. I will likely use this world as a vacation world and I would prefer larger lots. Hopefully one day we get hotels at which point I will want to add a hotel to the world, I understand I can use a 40×30 but my preference would be to have more space.

Yes, it is disappointing, but I guess it would be a tall order in hoping they will give us the ability to edit lot sizes, however, I am happy to make apartments. :)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,677 Member
    edited December 2023
    53368179381_57d72d0c8d_k.jpg1 by leucosia x, on Flickr

53368623290_079a92797c_k.jpg2 by leucosia x, on Flickr

53368490224_99f2976472_k.jpg3 by leucosia x, on Flickr

53368623300_c6cec85400_k.jpg4 by leucosia x, on Flickr

Sim Guru Anonymous posted these on X last night. The world looks really beautiful.

https://x.com/SimGuruAnon/status/1730345958670516545?s=20
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Can't wait to see more of it today!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Seeing the beautiful boats docked knowing they’re set dressing hurts so bad :D
  • Options
    53368638509_8ca23e132f_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-01 at 7.28.11 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

53368772250_ab72a6d72d_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-01 at 7.30.22 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

These lots from the first trailer, I am not seeing them on the map.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    53368638509_8ca23e132f_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-01 at 7.28.11 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

53368772250_ab72a6d72d_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-01 at 7.30.22 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

first one is 40x30 in town
    the second one is 20x15 in town

if you meant the builds those might have been changed / built for trailer
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

The 20x15 on the map in town looks blue not pink.
    Simmingal wrote: »

In Town you need the center of the map? Can t see because text covers the house.
    I bet they are builds maxis give you to drop on the empty lots if you so choose. The do that sometimes with packs.
    I can't be Ro Kaya Rockside fits in anything less than a 40x30, but I tried to estimate counts the grid blocks it would take and it might be a 30x20 lot.
  • Options
    53368179381_57d72d0c8d_k.jpg1 by leucosia x, on Flickr

53368623290_079a92797c_k.jpg2 by leucosia x, on Flickr

53368490224_99f2976472_k.jpg3 by leucosia x, on Flickr

53368623300_c6cec85400_k.jpg4 by leucosia x, on Flickr

Sim Guru Anonymous posted these on X last night. The world looks really beautiful.

https://x.com/SimGuruAnon/status/1730345958670516545?s=20

The last one looks like it could be the botanical gardens in the background.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    @LeucosiaX well the only other lot that ro kaya could be is the 30x20 in tiger part
    but i feel like thats the lot where they showed the wooden house/apartment

I have feeling the pink house is just edited from the blue house in that 20x15
    some trailer magic
    Post edited by Simmingal on