Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent: What Are Your Plans?

Comments

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    edited November 2023
    lori171957 wrote: »
    Ok. I named it Sims1010 and it has the hashtags #shell and #4rent. Enjoy decorating it.
    I am Lori57 in the gallery.
    @lori171957 Wow your apartment building is so accurate, and you did it so fast! It's very cute. :smile:
    @simgirl1010 Here's my first attempt. The shell is more or less finished, although I'll have to keep checking to make sure I didn't overlook anything and so far only the front has windows LOL. As I predicted, I'm having trouble with the floorplan. I'm just not very spatially adept :lol: I'll keep working on it though!

Edit to add: Oh, duh me. And thank you so much for the nice comments about my little craftsman. I think I'm actually going to use that one for the appropriate small family. :smile:

XZjJCRT.jpg
    Post edited by FatTribble23 on
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,916 Member
    @lori171957

That was fast! :o Thank you so much. It's perfect.

Pics for anyone interested.

ULCnVuc.png

2nd Floor
    OB3Z4Zd.png
    1st Floor common areas
    qPeDaKp.png

@FatTribble23
    I love it! I can't believe I'll have two wonderful apartment buildings. <3

Thank you both so much. I can't wait to get started furnishing them.
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited November 2023
    @lori171957

That was fast! :o Thank you so much. It's perfect.

@FatTribble23
    I love it! I can't believe I'll have two wonderful apartment buildings. <3

Thank you both so much. I can't wait to get started furnishing them.

Your very welcome, I have tons of flats built so far, I am not as mobile as I used to be and Sims keeps me out of trouble.
    I am waiting to finish my builds when the game releases, and I can section them into units. Then I will upload them all.

@FatTribble23 I like your units. :)
    Post edited by lori171957 on
  • Options
    wildflower42wildflower42 Posts: 37 Member
    I'd probably replace one of the lots in Mt. Komorebi and make it into a multi-home residental with my usual sim. I always loved the world, so it would give me more of a reason to continuously come back to it.
  • Options
    tatselktatselk Posts: 520 Member

Currently building a modern waterfront condo in Windenburg for some of the Windenburg/Get Together premades from the Gallery!

Some of my other ideas/plans include:

1. Double-gallery townhouses to house the BFF household in Willow Creek
    2. Retro motel in Oasis Springs
    3. Dark academia boarding school (probably in Windenburg or Henford-on-Bagley)
    4. Brownstone townhouses in San Myshuno
    5. Painted ladies townhouses in San Sequoia
    6. University housing in Britechester
    7. Art deco apartment block (unsure where to place it though)
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    I don't know if I'll do anything FR related with the family that I'm currently playing for my comic legacy (since I don't know yet how the kids will turn out), but I just thought that this pack could be nice to give the 100 baby challenge another try...

So the mum could earn money as a landlord, there could be a nice playground/skillbuilding common area, tenants could be used as donors or to build social skills and the moved out kids could become the new tenants... :lol:
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 Well, here it is. I've uploaded it to the gallery and here's the link:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BA1CEF8A5CDC453C97B9D1ED058DEA95?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=donnabailey&max=50&maxis=false

I hope you like it and it suits your purposes. I'd love to see pics after you've decorated, if it's not too much trouble. :smile:
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,916 Member
    edited November 2023
    @FatTribble23 thank you so much. 😊 I'll be sure to post pics.

ETA: Just took a look. Love that it's on a 50x50. Not as intimidating as a 64x,64 but gives me the option to put it on a larger lot of I desire. Can't wait to start decorating!
  • Options
    @FatTribble23 thank you so much. 😊 I'll be sure to post pics.

ETA: Just took a look. Love that it's on a 50x50. Not as intimidating as a 64x,64 but gives me the option to put it on a larger lot of I desire. Can't wait to start decorating!
    You're very welcome, and I look forward to the pics!

I was afraid to stress my computer with a 64x64. It's a gaming laptop, but it's still a laptop. Of course one of the great things about S4 is that we can place a build on any size lot, so I knew you could upgrade if you liked. I'm probably going to go back to it and decorate it myself, but possibly not for a while. The building bug has bitten and I have like 3 WIPs in progress right now. I shall conquer roofs! :confounded: LOL.
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Your builds are deliciously dark and threatening. Love them!
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • Options
    BeckyI7FanBeckyI7Fan Posts: 123 Member
    I'd like to create a household and play them. I'm just wondering once For Rent is out, can I still play them, but as the landlord. Each generation will have their own unit when old enough.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,924 Member
    I'm looking forward to creating denser neighborhoods! Not every world needs to be the suburban "one lot, one building with yard, one family" approach.

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    BeckyI7Fan wrote: »
    I'd like to create a household and play them. I'm just wondering once For Rent is out, can I still play them, but as the landlord. Each generation will have their own unit when old enough.

I like this idea. Have the children leave the family home, but only move across the hall or a floor down.
  • Options
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    BeckyI7Fan wrote: »

I like this idea. Have the children leave the family home, but only move across the hall or a floor down.

Absolutely! I like the idea of having my sim and her boyfriend in one apartment, her parents across the hall and her brother next door for example. This will probably be the way I play the most with these new apartments. I hate splitting up my families, but you run out of room in a single house.
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Someone made a nice lot that fit my needs and posted it on the gallery (their id is "Muesje"). So, I downloaded it and have been customizing it since. It's technically a bit too modern in style I think for my historical save, but it's nice looking and close enough. Gonna have to add a basement since there is not nearly gonna be enough space for my main family (I like big families. Done decorating the top part but not sure what exactly to add to the basement part yet.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Your builds are deliciously dark and threatening. Love them!

Thank you @FatTribble23! “Deliciously Dark and Threatening” is my middle name. No wait. What? Scrap that.
    I occasionally start off with very bright, sort of happy builds although it often gets dark real quick. I’m usually like “nah, too cheerful, something terrible happened here, let’s darken this place up at once!!” 😆
    For me it’s a challenge not to go dark. Challenge accepted.
    I’m currently building a tropical family home with zero darkness attached, but it requires some of the gorgeous BB items that I spotted in the trailers. I can’t wait to learn about the new world map + lot sizes.

It’s truly inspiring to see everyone’s plan of action. I’ll also be downloading some of the awesome builds that I’ve seen here and around the forum to put in my template saves. Wonderful stuff and thank you for sharing! 👍🏼
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Those builds look realy nice. Especially the castle is interesting.

I am still working on the same lot I had started on in Glimmerbrook. I have been starting over and over because I just couldn't get the shape right. But not I finally reached the point where it is all coming together. I did not want to go for row houses/townhouses. I wanted each unit to be on a single floor because that's the lots I prefer to play.
    nk1RiE6.png
    This building will have 4 units and a small community space.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    I'm looking for a two level with four units on the second floor. Three apartments for tenants and one for the landlord. All shared space on the first level.

da2TCqI.png

3VjJrIv.png
    EjctVLr.png
    dKxT5vy.png
    How adorable! I'd like to give it a go. Mind you I have exactly ONE completed build to my name, and I did it last night LOL. It's just a simple craftsman house, a long way from an apartment unit! How many bedrooms and baths for the apartments? I have to confess that the building isn't giving me as much trouble as floor plans. :sweat_smile:

I cannot make promises obviously but I'll give it the old college try. I'll attach a pic of my brand new baby, you're always so proud of your firstborn aren't you? :smile:
    4AYZVym.jpg

Right now though I have to lay my old carcass down for a nap. I'll start on it probably tonight and have something to show tomorrow.

That is beautiful, Kudos on your build, is it available for DL? :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited November 2023
    So far my plans involve changing a neighbourhood in Willow Creek to be purely rental lots.

Then to create 2 dorms in Britechester to accommodate a large number of soon to be graduating teen sims who will be attending university. This pack couldn't have come at a better time because now that I think about it the current university housing system would not have worked for my number of graduating sims. I wanted them all to be on campus at the same time.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    My current sims are about to finish up university. I'm going to make a "dorm" in Mt Komorebi using for rent and fill it with local young adult sims who will be "students." Then I'm going to play like my sims are studying abroad. I'll create my own mini campus with a library and a commons and send my sims to skills classes.
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I'm looking for a two level with four units on the second floor. Three apartments for tenants and one for the landlord. All shared space on the first level.

da2TCqI.png

3VjJrIv.png
    EjctVLr.png
    dKxT5vy.png
    How adorable! I'd like to give it a go. Mind you I have exactly ONE completed build to my name, and I did it last night LOL. It's just a simple craftsman house, a long way from an apartment unit! How many bedrooms and baths for the apartments? I have to confess that the building isn't giving me as much trouble as floor plans. :sweat_smile:

I cannot make promises obviously but I'll give it the old college try. I'll attach a pic of my brand new baby, you're always so proud of your firstborn aren't you? :smile:
    4AYZVym.jpg

Right now though I have to lay my old carcass down for a nap. I'll start on it probably tonight and have something to show tomorrow.

@Goldmoldar Aww, thank you so much! It's not up quite yet, I still have a few more tweaks to do to it, but I'll come back with a download linke maybe tomorrow?

Thank you for asking to download it, it really warmed my heart. :blush:
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Those builds look realy nice. Especially the castle is interesting.

I am still working on the same lot I had started on in Glimmerbrook. I have been starting over and over because I just couldn't get the shape right. But not I finally reached the point where it is all coming together. I did not want to go for row houses/townhouses. I wanted each unit to be on a single floor because that's the lots I prefer to play.
    nk1RiE6.png
    This building will have 4 units and a small community space.

@Atreya33 That is super cute!
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

da2TCqI.png

3VjJrIv.png
    EjctVLr.png
    dKxT5vy.png

4AYZVym.jpg

@Goldmoldar Aww, thank you so much! It's not up quite yet, I still have a few more tweaks to do to it, but I'll come back with a download linke maybe tomorrow?

Thank you for asking to download it, it really warmed my heart. :blush:

You welcome :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    @Goldmoldar Well, it isn't tomorrow yet LOL but I finished my tweaks and uploaded the house. Here's the LINK

I hope you enjoy playing with it. :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg