Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Stuff: Now Free on PC and Mac (Offer Ends January 9)

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,932 Member
Free on PC and Mac

Sims 4 Players on PC and Mac are able to claim The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff Pack for FREE for a limited time. EA App and Steam now let you claim the Pack for free and have it yours to keep!

This offer is available for a limited time until January 18th, 2024th at 10AM PT. It’s expected that the Stuff Pack will be priced again after this set date.

https://simscommunity.info/2023/11/21/free-sims-4-stuff-pack-my-first-pet/

Update:

https://simscommunity.info/2023/11/21/free-sims-4-stuff-pack-my-first-pet/#free-sims-4-stuff-pack-frequently-asked-questions
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I've always wanted the rabid rodent fever death. This is nice.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Well.

awkward-face-mariah-carey.gif
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    That's nice!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    If you don’t want to put a credit card info, I clicked ‘WeChat’ payment and didn’t have to put anything
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Can't seem to download it, I'm assuming the servers are overloaded. Will try again later.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,977 Member
    Simmingal: *Sudden happy screeching*
    Sims in Simmingals save: Oh no
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 443 Member
    Noice! I like it when packs I’d never actually spend money on are given away for free. coughluxurypartycough

Next do Romantic Garden! 😁
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I love how they're all wholesome giving us free pack
    and people will probably go kill their sims with the rodent death as soon as they get their hands on this pack :lol:

or is it just me
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,925 Member
    I wonder if the free download requires owning Cats & Dogs...

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    edited November 2023
    No, it's a separate stuff pack. IIRC older than Cats & Dogs Just noticed it comes with clothing for cats and dogs, so this SP must be less old than C&D. I don't know if C&D is required, but if so, it should be mentioned on the App. Found no tech info there...
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    edited November 2023
    I guess they just picked the pack with the lowest amount of downloads to give away. Still surprised they gave away something, like... For free. EA. :D
    Good for the people who didn't own it yet, maybe this is an incentive for those players to also buy Cats&Dogs down the way.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @mightysprite Shouldn't require Cats & Dogs. However, if you do own that EP it makes the pet items functional + additional pet outfits. You don't need the EP for the rodent stuff to be functional though.
    No, it's a separate stuff pack. IIRC older than Cats & Dogs

Cats & Dogs: November 9, 2017
    My First Pet Stuff: March 13, 2018

It really upset the community back in the day because a lot of people felt it should have been a part of Cats & Dogs EP. Mainly why it's the worst voted SP by many.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2023
    That's good for everyone else who doesn't have this pack. I bought it months ago before they decided to make it free today. I wished that I could back in time and prevented myself from buying it...could've save some money, but oh well. 🥲
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Has anyone actually been able to download and install yet?
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I wonder if the free download requires owning Cats & Dogs...
    It doesn’t. If anyone doesn’t have C&D’s they will just not have the pets CAS available
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    edited November 2023
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    @mightysprite Shouldn't require Cats & Dogs. However, if you do own that EP it makes the pet items functional + additional pet outfits. You don't need the EP for the rodent stuff to be functional though.
    No, it's a separate stuff pack. IIRC older than Cats & Dogs

Cats & Dogs: November 9, 2017
    My First Pet Stuff: March 13, 2018

It really upset the community back in the day because a lot of people felt it should have been a part of Cats & Dogs EP. Mainly why it's the worst voted SP by many.

Thanks for clearing that, just adjusted my original post when I saw those pet outfits. And it's very confusing that so many outfits for cats and dogs are included. On my App it says nothing about C&D EP being required. I never really fancied the SP, but I'll check it out whenever my download will work. There might be *one* child in my game wanting a rodent for xmas :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,925 Member
    Ah good to know :)@Simmerville and @SimplyJen
    I had been wondering if C&D was the "dependency" alluded to in the error message in the bug report

@FatTribble23 I have been able to download and install it!
    (I already had Cats & Dogs since 2020 I think)
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    @mightysprite Thank you! I'll try again.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    PuzzlingMysteryPuzzlingMystery Posts: 156 Member
    Oh, wow, nice.
  • Options
    wildflower42wildflower42 Posts: 37 Member
    I'm okay with this.
    It is definitely one of the packs that never crossed my mind to look into, but for what it's worth ... even if you don't own Cats & Dogs and aside some wacky swatches with different models behind said wacky swatches, some BB stuff is pretty decent to use, especially the carpet and window shades if you find yourself lacking those. Most of its BB are kiddish, so if you need more kid furnishings and decorations, it's good there too.

Also, I kinda ran into an issue when I was trying to download this, but if you use the client from the EA app but bought the dlc on Steam (EA app will let you know when you're accessing the dlc from Steam or not when you look at the product page) without the client installed on Steam, you /might/ get stuck on a pending download like I did. If this happens, use the Steam Support option to remove the dlc on Steam as it is automated. Restart your EA app and download the dlc from the EA app; see if that works for you.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 516 Member
    I bought this pack in a sale a few months ago and I love the rodents! I'm glad that other simmers who've been put off by the negativity around the pack can get to play with them and find out how sweet they are! Just keep an eye on them when your sims are asleep at night - rodents get up to such fun!

And rodents aren't just for kids: I've given them to adult sims too, as low-maintenance pets. They're actually pretty perfect for apartments - my sim who lives in San Myshuno has one. Which made me wonder whether there was a connection between this free offer and the coming For Rent pack... My imagination has been working overdrive thinking that maybe it's connected to the animal sanctuary and maybe there are small pets we can rescue, and they wanted us to already have access to the rodent cage... But I guess that's just my wishful thinking, and I'm still 99.9% sure the animal sanctuary will be a rabbit hole and there will be no animals in this pack, and there's no connection with this offer :/ Nice to dream though.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Got My Free Pet Stuff :sunglasses:
    there is new vampire in town as Count Dork now has fitting attire
    LrkK9tM.png
    Napkin does not seem to approve
    xgG5Tnk.png
    not sure what to make of these dog costumes :sweat_smile:
    I mean what even is this
    1qFQquu.png
    I suppose Colonel Grunt could use some formal wear though
    ftautTW.png
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    This was certainly a surprise... lol I legitimately never expected this to happen, and because of that, I never imagined My First Pet ever being put into my Sims collection... however, since it's free, I officially have it now! lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg