Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

KRAFTON's inZOI Life Simulation Game vs. Sims 5 (Rene)

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited November 2023
    If it's anything like KPop it won't suit me.
    I'd rather a Sims game built around Terry Pratchett's Ankh Morpork, fun and diversity on all fronts, witches, wizards and magic and even Shakespeare's actors all around. Beats J K Rowling by miles! :)

It would have to be for over 18s though so us older players can get more enjoyment out of it. o:)>:)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Am very impressed by the graphics quality and the options in creating almost everything. One impressive game for something still in early production., which raises the bar for all the contenders. Didn't know it even existed until today but now it's a keep one's eye on it.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2023
    Watching the videos, If the game play turns out to be good, I will be fine with the realistic style.
    I am really impressed with the texture quality of the fabrics.
    https://youtu.be/RSW_9wnJpeU?si=shkB2HMLCHzqeoIQ

Actually, this was what I was hoping for from LBY, not as realistic as Zoi, but nicely proportioned characters that don't look weird. LBY humans still look off to me. When I saw this, I became very concerned.
    https://youtu.be/ecaXgm_WBdI?si=LRvsaK59TrmEPmfA

LBY key selling point for me is their high level of customization across the board, but I hope they can improve the characters some more.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,402 Member
    edited February 7
    The Facial Capture at 0:41 is innovative and next-gen, even though I will probably never use it.
    CK213 wrote: »
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Sims Influencer LilSimsie praises Inzoi in new video:

https://youtu.be/u9q7H5QfqsI?si=kdvu0irW0SbFJjM1
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Sims youtuber Acottonsock is playing Inzoi live on her channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQUvl5zW0No
  • Options
    Message from the Inzoi dev team:
    nbzu4xn21w0j.png
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    More photos
    q6hy8524a6lf.png
    rhykw93d4cgb.png
    f0kt8zg1x4ld.png
    kwoh946qbj42.png
    hinvd77rhkjs.png
    oca8yokn6f2h.png
    sr5tmi59lvgb.png
    mixm01ok6ivn.png
    hkxay8mpvq5j.png
    k8mp7p2bqc7v.png
    qy25vf6yjhrp.png
    0knrlvct1dys.png
    56gd51z9a0o3.png
    3rpqj78qdpqu.png
    c1o10ik30dmy.png
    7m49d9y5qdqm.png
    vx6xrbtwx40f.png
    gjmqqna58hex.png
    8t4nbxnuknn4.png
    6hlgzbsiftu1.png
    779hbw4546zz.png
    k40np5ogs49o.png
    s7qkoygswg4d.png
    cqpxw261g9es.png
    hl8n8kdvil6p.png
    6ykhtgz96kvz.png
    vxxs7w2cghnn.png
    e1np264qu7bx.png
    rn4rk8od4s54.png
    kr9l7eq7i9vh.png
    bacpepop8hep.png
    92hs2q9ltzn5.png
    k1pnje4awg7k.png
    jz8ao9t9tyzp.png
    3kgynpx5wsvu.png
    1a51dow6sm0u.png
    r4sqhthdsno2.png
    yo8uccap9cw0.png
    3sjh15zdzmr4.png
    5fb09f89e649.png
    gzeq68bb64ng.png
    9jkvyde2zrxj.png
    mcinpx1kuwye.png
    454cw0eadtso.png
    sdbpe2achlxl.png
    d5qh659p8ebo.png
    ydfrowd7rote.png

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    I think this game looks like what I expect a game to look like in the 21st century. I want to spend my time on a game that used the most advanced technology. Visually it much more stimulating. My only critic is that it plays exactly like the Sims. While I have grown into Sims gameplay since the Sims 1, it is not my intuitive assumption a simulated life game should be played this way. I would have preferred a more original approach than a carbon copy of the Sims game with better graphics. Without that kind of creativity, I feel the game will more than likey fall short of a new experience and become superficial in the long run. I still want try it though.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yeah, this looks good!
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2023
    It looks very good visually. Graphics feel very modern and even the food is 3D scanned and look really good.

I thought everything progressed a bit slow during the livestream but that also showed how much more realistic everything becomes when you actually have to travel to places. The Sims4 have made us so used to fast traveling everywhere which might be useful but also when you think about it is also a bit of an immersion breaker and very far from how it is in real life.

In this game she could actually walk to places and also meet people on the street, go straight to a cafe and things like that, be social at work.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I have to say that although it looks good visually, I still feel that I like the toon look of the sims in TS4 better. The toon look just ages better IMO. I spent and continue spend a lot of time in TS4 since it was released, but I think I would get quite bored with the realistic graphics that this game has after a little while.
  • Options
    They definitely need to speed up the 3x speed. In the livestream, it was too slow
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Yeah, I was astounded when I saw that trailer. I can't wait to try out these new games. I've heard that ts5 will be free, if that's true, I'll give it a go, but inZOI and LBY, have me in their clutches! I'm totally going to try them both. If 5 continues the cartoony look, I know I won't be interested. The CC doesn't make my sims look any different once I'm in game. So if inZ looks in game like it does in CAS, I know I'll be sticking with that game over the others.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Tbh, I didn't really enjoy the livestream. The game seemed pretty boring - it reminded me of what I don't like about the Sims 4: unchallenging with minimal consequences.

Identified Problems:
    1. Low needs did absolutely nothing. The ZOI was rock bottom hunger and sleep and did not really care at all
    2. Emotion system. Ugh. Just a status icon on the UI with no meaning. There is also a copy of the Sims 4 emotions potions if you want to force an emotion change. I hate that
    3. Relationships are way too easy to build. You also basically decide if you want to become friends, lovers, or enemies based on what actions you choose. It's a movie-making tool...just like the Sims 4
    4. Very little impact of traits on ZOI compatibility or behavior
    5. The "desires" are awful. Just like whims of the Sims 4. Things like "take a shower." They are trivial, inconsequential, and quick actions.
    6. No aspiration meter or robust wants and fears system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQUvl5zW0No
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2023
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    I think this game looks like what I expect a game to look like in the 21st century. I want to spend my time on a game that used the most advanced technology. Visually it much more stimulating. My only critic is that it plays exactly like the Sims. While I have grown into Sims gameplay since the Sims 1, it is not my intuitive assumption a simulated life game should be played this way. I would have preferred a more original approach than a carbon copy of the Sims game with better graphics. Without that kind of creativity, I feel the game will more than likey fall short of a new experience and become superficial in the long run. I still want try it though.

It's kind of my problem with all of the advertised life Sims. They mostly look like Sims copies in which case, almost Everthing they showed I can do I'm the Sims. A life sim is a life sim but I honestly expect to see a lot new and innovative things to get me excited about another Sims game.
    I just saw this as ts4 with alpha graphics and open world.
    In terms of creativity I think life by you possibly offers the most but not in any way that I'm personally interested in.
    I'm still up for giving this a try though. Love the alpha look.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited November 2023
    Interesting. Pretty.

More competition is healthy, but I feel none of the realistic life sims have anything on The Sims, no matter how beautiful they look.

For me personally, one important element seems to be missing and that is CHARM. There's nothing truly charming about these games. They're very generic. Not one of them seem FUN at all. There's lack of personality, there's nothing quirky or cheeky about them, and at the end of the day I think this will be very difficult to achieve due to their hyper realism. Ofcourse it depends on what you're looking for in a life sim, if it's "realism", this will suit a lot of players!

I pre-ordered Life By You since I'm very interested in exploring some of the more complex features that are offered in the game, but for me it's a lot easier to fall in love with a game like The Sims in terms of graphics, design, animation, quirkiness, silly features...just overall aesthetics etc.
    I'm still secretly hoping for a Fantasy / Occult life-sim, or something space related. The only quality life sim that offers anything close to the things that I wish for in a life-sim is... The Sims. It's a no-brainer, really. 😁

I 100% agree with everything you said here. I also prefer the silly, quirky, cartoony sims. And fantasy/occult content is my favorite content! I'm a big geek and I love how much pop culture is in The Sims. TS1 and TS2's occults were inspired by all the Hollywood Halloween classics, and TS3 started incorporating modern pop culture with all of their occults and lots of the worlds lore as well, and TS4 has followed in TS3's footsteps in that regard. No other life sim competitor is adding fantasy or geek culture into their games like The Sims does.

I did pre-order Life by You, however, because even if I'm not 100% satisfied with the game, at the core that game is made for modders. So if I don't like the way the humans look? I'm sure there will be tons of default replacements. And I'm sure people from the sims community will mod their own occults into the game even if Paradox doesn't make any. Also, with it being a discounted price compared to what it will be at full launch, pre-ordering that seemed like a good deal to me. Even if I like The Sims better, I know I'll still have some fun with Life by You as well.

But all the other life simulation competition that I've seen come up, including inZOI, just doesn't look fun to me. Paralives I'm still undecided on, I'm still waiting for them to give gameplay previews, I do like Paralives art style so if they have gameplay that looks fun and it's on par with the price range of most indie games, then I'll probably get it. But I'm not gonna pay AAA prices for a life simulation game that isn't The Sims. So inZOI is probably out of the question, because to me that game looks expensive and boring.

That being said, I'm not moving on to TS5/Project Rene right away either. I mean, since it's gonna be free to download I'll probably get the base game at launch, but I'm not putting a single penny towards it unless they give occult content that's a significant gameplay upgrade from TS4 and for a fair price. Which is something that I can't really trust any AAA company to do at this moment in time b/c live service games are the trend right now and I hate those, but hopefully Maxis can surprise me there. But I'm still buying content for TS3 and TS4 to this day (don't have all ts4 packs yet and i like the ts3 online store content) so like, EA isn't losing a customer in me. lol
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Well this one's a pass for me. Too realistic. The characters, the world. It's like filming a movie in present day. None of the brightness, vibrancy, lightheartedness, charm, absurdity of the Sims' games.

The reviewer also mentioned that the company had to send most of the reviewers computers because the game was so demanding. That might be a problem for a lot of simmers.

Looks good for those who are ready for something new and are ok with those type of graphics and realism but I see this as more competition for LBY than The Sims.
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2023
    Hold up, there was a livestream? What did I miss? I'm not in the mood to watch it, but can someone post a short recap for me please? 🤨
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Hold up, there was a livestream? What did I miss? I'm not in the mood to watch it, but can someone post a short recap for me please? 🤨

I don't know if the company that made inZOI did an official livestream or not, but there's a lot of sims content creators that were sent early copies of the game and have been streaming and/or reviewing it! I watched the stream from acottonsock
  • Options
    SimSylSimSyl Posts: 17 Member
    > @rjssim said:
    > The toon look just ages better IMO.

I very much agree with this. For me the sims in TS2 look much better than the ones in TS3, for instance, and I think that's because TS2 ones look more cartoony and thus more stylized. A realistic stye just ends up looking more dated as time goes on.

That being said, I do think the game looks gorgeous. Which is also as far as I can say in terms of positives, I feel. Gameplay-wise the game seems too bland and kinda lacking in personality. But hey, maybe they'll add more and more flavor as they develop it more.
  • Options
    Sheepiling wrote: »

I don't know if the company that made inZOI did an official livestream or not, but there's a lot of sims content creators that were sent early copies of the game and have been streaming and/or reviewing it! I watched the stream from acottonsock

I should've been more specific. I already know about the livestreams from The Sims content creators, but I was talking about a livestream from Krafton, the company that's creating inZOI. 🙂
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Well this one's a pass for me. Too realistic. The characters, the world. It's like filming a movie in present day. None of the brightness, vibrancy, lightheartedness, charm, absurdity of the Sims' games.

The reviewer also mentioned that the company had to send most of the reviewers computers because the game was so demanding. That might be a problem for a lot of simmers.

Looks good for those who are ready for something new and are ok with those type of graphics and realism but I see this as more competition for LBY than The Sims.

Wow they had to be sent computers??!! 👀👀
    Truly makes me wonder what kind of a beast is needed to play this 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited November 2023

I wonder what kind of computers that Krafton sent the reviewers. The computer I got is a HP All-in-One 22 with 953 GB of storage (I already used 163 GB because I got Google Chrome, The Sims 4, the EA app, Steam, and the Epic Games store installed). Hopefully my computer is powerful enough to play inZOI. 🤞
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2023

There is some misinformation on this thread. I will clarify.

FYI @simgirl1010 @Babykittyjade @MarteziaKing The game is currently NOT optimized. So the Sim influencers who were given a temporary review copy were also gifted a top gaming computer to be able to run the non-optimized game. Once the game is optimized for release, it will be able to support a wider range of specs (that is the point of the optimization).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top