Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

KRAFTON's inZOI Life Simulation Game vs. Sims 5 (Rene)

Comments

• Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,441 Member
    edited November 2023
    Another simmer analyzes the new game.

https://youtu.be/r30slWMQxVU?si=Gt8N5f34qNSrWF93
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Making your sims look too real, just like having a sim-self, can get too creepy, like Karmic. Like Voodoo.
    There's plenty of games with realistic people and scenery, but they're like choose-your-own-adventure.
    The house shown up there ^ has completely flat land with no grass texture, and the house style and colourings are dull. The Sims 2 and 3 have superior terrain with landscaping and textures, slopes, hills ...
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Making your sims look too real, just like having a sim-self, can get too creepy, like Karmic. Like Voodoo.
    There's plenty of games with realistic people and scenery, but they're like choose-your-own-adventure.
    The house shown up there ^ has completely flat land with no grass texture, and the house style and colourings are dull. The Sims 2 and 3 have superior terrain with landscaping and textures, slopes, hills ...

Maybe, but this game is in early stages of development (only a year), not the completed Sims 2 and 3 games you know.
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    I can see myself switching back and forth between this game and any of the other Sims-like games depending on my mood (whether I feel like playing out a realistic story or a silly/cartoony one). Never thought we'd one day be getting so many different options.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 789 Member
    It kind of reminds me of the SFM style I see in the FNAF videos on Youtube. I might get this game.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    I now have four games that I look forward to trying. But only one will win my heart (and my wallet) for future DLC.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,480 Member

Interesting. Pretty.

More competition is healthy, but I feel none of the realistic life sims have anything on The Sims, no matter how beautiful they look.

For me personally, one important element seems to be missing and that is CHARM. There's nothing truly charming about these games. They're very generic. Not one of them seem FUN at all. There's lack of personality, there's nothing quirky or cheeky about them, and at the end of the day I think this will be very difficult to achieve due to their hyper realism. Ofcourse it depends on what you're looking for in a life sim, if it's "realism", this will suit a lot of players!

I pre-ordered Life By You since I'm very interested in exploring some of the more complex features that are offered in the game, but for me it's a lot easier to fall in love with a game like The Sims in terms of graphics, design, animation, quirkiness, silly features...just overall aesthetics etc.
    I'm still secretly hoping for a Fantasy / Occult life-sim, or something space related. The only quality life sim that offers anything close to the things that I wish for in a life-sim is... The Sims. It's a no-brainer, really. 😁

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    edited November 2023
    logion wrote: »
    This looks like a direction of what I wanted project Rene and The Sims to go for.
    Njdz5Cj.png
    Interesting. Pretty.

More competition is healthy, but I feel none of the realistic life sims have anything on The Sims, no matter how beautiful they look.

For me personally, one important element seems to be missing and that is CHARM. There's nothing truly charming about these games. They're very generic. Not one of them seem FUN at all. There's lack of personality, there's nothing quirky or cheeky about them, and at the end of the day I think this will be very difficult to achieve due to their hyper realism. Ofcourse it depends on what you're looking for in a life sim, if it's "realism", this will suit a lot of players!

I pre-ordered Life By You since I'm very interested in exploring some of the more complex features that are offered in the game, but for me it's a lot easier to fall in love with a game like The Sims in terms of graphics, design, animation, quirkiness, silly features...just overall aesthetics etc.
    I'm still secretly hoping for a Fantasy / Occult life-sim, or something space related. The only quality life sim that offers anything close to the things that I wish for in a life-sim is... The Sims. It's a no-brainer, really. 😁

I feel the same in a way.
    I want the physical facial proportions of these characters, but I want the art style of TS4 only with a higher level mesh and texture resolution.
    What they were calling Stylized Realism, when TS4 was first introduced, but for TS4, I wanted the realism bumped up a notch. Inzoi takes it a little too far.

In the first few years of TS4, I tried to get there with CC, but I gave up on alpha content and custom skins because I felt like was fighting the art style. So I went back to clay hair and default skins. Clay hair has improved a great deal since the early days.
    Melonie%20copy.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I refuse to give up my realistic eyelashes and eyebrows however :D
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2023
    Interesting. Pretty.

I get what you're saying as I love occults (with a mixture of realistic gameplay) and the quirkiness of The Sims as well. In my opinion, inZOI might be the best life simulation out there when it comes to realism. I don't care for the other competition, such as Paralives, Life by You, Vivaland, etc., since they didn't grabbed my attention like inZOI did. I'm gonna pre-order inZOI or buy it once it gets released, but I'm still gonna play The Sims though. 🥰
    Post edited by MarteziaKing on
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,323 Member
    It reminds me of Ubisoft games like Watch Dogs 2. InZOI looks more appealing to me than Life By You graphic's wise. I like how there's certain big features like weather in the base game. I think these games might be more complicated to make because they're using regular language instead of some made up language like Simlish. I feel like repetitive dialogue might be more noticeable as a result.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    It reminds me of Ubisoft games like Watch Dogs 2. InZOI looks more appealing to me than Life By You graphic's wise. I like how there's certain big features like weather in the base game. I think these games might be more complicated to make because they're using regular language instead of some made up language like Simlish. I feel like repetitive dialogue might be more noticeable as a result.

In the inZOI trailer, I heard some type of strange language spoken by the characters, but I'm not sure if it's Korean or made-up. 🤷‍♀️

But yeah, I agree that inZOI's graphics are very beautiful and weather is included in the base game. 🥰
    Post edited by MarteziaKing on
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Base Game Comparison:

PL: Pets, Weather, Active Careers
    LBY: Pets, Weather, Active Careers
    IZ: Pets, Weather, Active Careers
    PR: ???, ???, ???
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Base Game Comparison:

Yeah...out of all of the base games, inZOI has the best one. Heck, we don't even know what's going to be in Project Rene/The Sims 5's base game except for what, apartments maybe? 🫠
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,480 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

Same! It’s eyelashes, eyebrows, sometimes lips and eye-bags for me. I got rid of most other CC, except maybe the occasional skin tone here and there.
    I never used alpha hair in Sims 4, and I stopped downloading the maxis match versions too. Slowly going back to vanilla feels pretty good. There’s been a significant improvement in hair styles and texture quality lately. It’s so much better compared to what it was at the start.
    Base Game Comparison:

It’s been confirmed that Project Rene base game comes with a basic weather system. More extreme weather will be added via Expansion packs.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,731 Member
    edited November 2023
    This looks like a direction of what I wanted project Rene and The Sims to go for.
    Njdz5Cj.png
    I feel the same in a way.
    I want the physical facial proportions of these characters, but I want the art style of TS4 only with a higher level mesh and texture resolution.
    What they were calling Stylized Realism, when TS4 was first introduced, but for TS4, I wanted the realism bumped up a notch. Inzoi takes it a little too far.

In the first few years of TS4, I tried to get there with CC, but I gave up on alpha content and custom skins because I felt like was fighting the art style. So I went back to clay hair and default skins. Clay hair has improved a great deal since the early days.
    Melonie%20copy.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I think TS4 and inZOI both comes with advantages and disadvantages when it comes to their art style. TS4 is great for making expressive people with almost cartoony features but because of the art style and EA's choices we get less details.

inZOI will probably be great at making detailed people that you would see in a commercial, it looks more realistic, just look at her glasses, I have wanted glasses like that in the sims4 since forever and even if we have some that maybe look a bit similar they are nowhere as detailed as the glasses we see here. Look at the details of her hair and how the light reflects on it. And look at her shirt, modern games are so good when it comes to making clothes look like clothes with real fabric. EA/Maxis tries to make clothes look like they are made of different fabric but it's difficult to make it look good with that art style.

But inZOI will probably struggle to make more expressive people that we can make in the sims4.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    Remember these are adverts. The Sims games also had adverts that showed more than was available in the finished game.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Okay, so we're at this point:

Base Game Comparison:

PR: ???, Weather, ???
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    Information from the Developers.
    You can click on the CC button for an English translation.
    https://youtu.be/hSjW_-ZI-Yw?si=E4QfqYyZv2-m2u93
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Interesting. Pretty.

Yeah I am sorry but why can't people leave The Sims out of these unrelated life simulation games? I will never be able to play LBY, Paralives etc in means to completely replace the iconic charming game that is The Sims, and this is The Sims forums and yet I see people trashing on The Sims here, really upsetting. Sims will always be the one and only Sims for me, these games lack the exact energy that Maxis created in the first place, and while they can become good or even great games on their own for their own reasons, nothing can and never will replace The Sims for me. <3
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    The mascot cat's name is Psykhet (pronounced "She-ket")
    The game inZOI is a double meaning. It's pronounced "enjoy" ("z" makes a "j" sound) and in-ZOI, like the ZOI people are inside.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,731 Member
    edited November 2023

wow, lots of things to unpack there, but here is what stood out to me, and made me even more interested in this game.
    • The producer, who also seemed like a very nice guy have 20 years of video game development experience.
    • Game has an actual "story" which will explain how you are able to do different things in the game.
    • They also talked about the challenge with getting things right in a game that focuses on realism so they talked with a lot of experts.
    • Three maps are planned, one inspired by Korea and the other two maps will be inspired by The United States and Europe.
    • Game won't exactly be like the sims, they don't mind it being compared to that (people seem to like to call it K-Sims), but the game will also have many unique strengths on it's own.
    • The part where he talks about people being creative with the tools that they are given sounds very much like the sims to me, but they will also introduce new features like an AI Texture feature which can create new textures for objects with the help of an AI.

Sounds like a more developed life simulation game to me, I hope this game will be good.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,238 Member
    edited November 2023
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Interesting. Pretty.

Yeah I am sorry but why can't people leave The Sims out of these unrelated life simulation games? I will never be able to play LBY, Paralives etc in means to completely replace the iconic charming game that is The Sims, and this is The Sims forums and yet I see people trashing on The Sims here, really upsetting. Sims will always be the one and only Sims for me, these games lack the exact energy that Maxis created in the first place, and while they can become good or even great games on their own for their own reasons, nothing can and never will replace The Sims for me. <3

Because there life simulation games there going to be compared and they deserved comparison.My advice is ignore thr threads that criticism it. I also don't see these as Sims replacements.I see them as Sims friendly competitores.

The sims are not immune to criticism.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,238 Member

Base Game Comparison:

Correction the cat is more of tutorial mascot not a pet.
  • Options

Base Game Comparison:

Correction the cat is more of tutorial mascot not a pet.

That is right, but the game also allows you to have pets
  • Options

wow, lots of things to unpack there, but here is what stood out to me, and made me even more interested in this game.
    • The producer, who also seemed like a very nice guy have 20 years of video game development experience.
    • Game has an actual "story" which will explain how you are able to do different things in the game.
    • They also talked about the challenge with getting things right in a game that focuses on realism so they talked with a lot of experts.
    • Three maps are planned, one inspired by Korea and the other two maps will be inspired by The United States and Europe.
    • Game won't exactly be like the sims, they don't mind it being compared to that (people seem to like to call it K-Sims), but the game will also have many unique strengths on it's own.
    • The part where he talks about people being creative with the tools that they are given sounds very much like the sims to me, but they will also introduce new features like an AI Texture feature which can create new textures for objects with the help of an AI.

Sounds like a more developed life simulation game to me, I hope this game will be good.

Okay, that's actually pretty dope. The more I learn about inZOI, my excitement increases. 😍
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top