Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,685 Member
    DahlowNuit wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion -

I like ts4 better than all previous versions.

It's my fav. Granted a lot of that is because I'm on pc and have so much support from the modding community. But everything and ts4 is entertaining to me. I love how sims carry their coffee to their food. I love talking to a tree and finding a mystical place to pick bushes and fish. I guess maybe this could all get boring eventually but every game gets boring in time. Right now I'm having way more fun than I did in any other sim versions.

Also wondering if they will do fairies in ts4 it would be nice addition.

I just want to say you’re not alone in this. TS4 is my favorite, too. I like the art style better than TS2/3, I can create the characters I envision without a ton of CC, and the more sandbox play style is okay with me. I like being able to go to multiple worlds. I haven’t run out of things to do, and by playing multiple households, if I get bored with one, I can change it up by switching. The only thing I would wish for is more game generated randomness, but that seems to be an unpopular opinion of its own, since so much of the randomness we had has gotten nerfed.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,139 Member
    I still like my Sims 4 after almost 9 years. Ok, I'll admit it, 2014 was not a good year. However, I still love the Base Oasis Springs. :p<3
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,974 Member
    I like how there’s a huge variety of skills in Sims 4 (and 3, come to that). I like that you can have a musician Sim, or an artist Sim, or a writer Sim rather than it all being bundled under the “creativity” skill like it was in Sims 2.
  • Options
    jrh789jrh789 Posts: 81 Member
    Highschoolyears is a amazing pack! I love the style and all the objects and clothes that come with it!
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    I haven't played in a long time I just build.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,356 Member
    edited September 2023
    Any activity where a dozen or more other sims are primarily just sitting there watching one or more sims do something (Classes, Sporting events, concerts or other live shows, etc.) is better as a rabbit hole. Better for system performance definately, and probably better for most people's gameplay.
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • Options
    AutistAutist Posts: 26 Member
    I like the werewolves how they are I don't think they should be different. They have a cute design and I love it! ^-^
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited September 2023
    I hate the like/dislike system. There’s just so many choices that I don’t even bother with it anymore. I’d rather just choose my sim’s favorite color & music like in the Sims 3.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,539 Member
    I want TS4 to end in 1-2 years.
    It seems like they plan to keep making content even when when Project Rene is up an running.
    They are going to milk it until they break it, and they they will tell us to start removing packs if we can't run it, like they did with TS3.

The more packs it gets, the more complex it gets, and the more bugs they have to fix, or ignore.
    Although, they probably just mean more stuff packs and kits when they say they will keep making content for it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    It seems like they plan to keep making content even when when Project Rene is up an running.
    They are going to milk it until they break it, and they they will tell us to start removing packs if we can't run it, like they did with TS3.

The more packs it gets, the more complex it gets, and the more bugs they have to fix, or ignore.
    Although, they probably just mean more stuff packs and kits when they say they will keep making content for it.

I agree with everything you said except I don't care about Porject Rene. I'm trying to keep an open mind but I've not seen anything that excites me about it. Maybe...hopefully...that will change once we learn more.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I don't miss the open world from The Sims 3 all that much. I don't mind sitting through a short loading screen if it means my computer won't blow up and it won't take four Sim hours to use an elevator.

I think my issue with it was they never really did anything with the open world concept, with the one exception Island Paradise. In any given world, half of your lots will be a void people run to for work (and other leisure activities such as dining and shopping that were in previous games, open), while the other half will be these lots where the only real purpose is to hang out, as very few of them offered any activities or any other unique gameplay, and all the activities that they were centred around, they could just be easily done at home (gym equipment and books aren't that expensive in game) and the game gives you little incentive to go there outside of a buff.

Think about it, Late Night's main selling point was adding nine bars that functioned almost identically that no one ever went to. There are no special or unique activities, services or NPCs that filled the Sims 1 and Sims 2 lots - whether it was to go dining, go clothes shopping, buy sugar for your nectar making empire, go to the carnival, play minigolf, quest for magical ingredients, or spam Miss Lucille for palm readings for that one "I see a change in your life..." reading maxes your household's needs.

Unfortunately, it has been a trend that followed into Sims 4 in regard to its lot types.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I miss when occult and weirdness cam with every single pack. The realism packs get stale very quickly.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2023
    CK213 wrote: »

I'm actually super concerned about this myself. Surely they can't just keep adding onto the game long term without eventually breaking it. Project Rene sounds dismal from what I've read and heard about it. I really do not want them to break the Sims 4, or make it so we have to choose which packs to play with. I paid for all the packs and I want to play the game with them all installed.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,652 Member
    The Sims 4 is my favorite Sims game of the franchise yet. Granted I complete missed sims 3 and sims online, (so busy didnt even realized it existed), but when I found Sims 4 I was so shocked and amazed at how far the game has come. And when I see Sims 3, granted it looks like a lot of excellent game play, the graphics and aesthetics do not do it for me, and I dont think they would have as the time. One of the things I love so much about the Sims 4 is how beautiful looks and how much it takes me away. How they have so much to do, even within their own neighborhoods.
    So many little added details does not go unnoticed by me, really adds so much. Yes there are a lot go bugs and glitches, and I really think the comprise in attention is coming from the focus on the new game coming. If they could just focus on making this game the way it should be, and use a separate team for the next upcoming game, because as described, one will not replace the other but they will be side by side. Whether or not I will be interested in Rene has not been decided but so invested in this game, atm I am not.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,934 Member
    I like the cupcake machine

cupcake-machine.png

• Options
    I like the cupcake machine

cupcake-machine.png

It's not terrible but I never use it in my sims' houses. It's good for bakeries.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,934 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 I like treating it as a giant piece of steampunk clutter which, as a bonus, also makes cupcakes :)
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84 I like treating it as a giant piece of steampunk clutter which, as a bonus, also makes cupcakes :)

It does have a very steampunk aesthetic, doesn't it?
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    Most simmers claim Tiny Living is the best stuff pack like go girl give us nothing
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 555 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    Most simmers claim Tiny Living is the best stuff pack like go girl give us nothing

I thought I was the only one who felt that Tiny Living is over-rated. I disagree about it giving nothing. I actually love the BB, but the game play isn't worth getting out of bed for.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,652 Member
    Eleri wrote: »

I thought I was the only one who felt that Tiny Living is over-rated. I disagree about it giving nothing. I actually love the BB, but the game play isn't worth getting out of bed for.

I never liked this pack @Eleri That and eco lifestyle I think are trends that I personally find a bit obnoxious but I appreciate the sims team are on trend- just not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    Eleri wrote: »

I never liked this pack @Eleri That and eco lifestyle I think are trends that I personally find a bit obnoxious but I appreciate the sims team are on trend- just not my cup of tea.
    I got these both on sale, I don't care for them myself, but I wanted some hairstyles from them.
    Not a fan of packs like laundry day, either, because I am not the biggest fan of basic lifestyle packs.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 555 Member
    edited September 2023
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

@LeucosiaX I was actually intrigued by the Eco Lifestyle trailer. Then I saw the let's plays and I was "nah." When you put aside all of the elements that are either poorly conceived, poorly tuned or underwhelming, what you have left is a crafting hobby and some nice BB. Nice for a Stuff Pack, but an EP? Hard pass. I don't know if my thoughts on Eco Lifestyle count as an unpopular opinion, though. I feel like the community reaction to that pack was pretty mixed.

@Umbreon12 I'm a low fantasy player, so I like a mix of occult and every day. Oddly enough, I bought Tiny Living on sale because a thought the BB might be useful for the Zombie Apocalypse Challenge.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    I like the CAS for Tiny Living, and Build/Buy items are good for teens' rooms. I think I've built one tiny home, maybe two since I've owned that pack.

As for Eco Lifestyle, I do like the hairs and a lot of the build/buy stuff as well. I also like candlemaking and fabricating from that pack, but not so much the NAPs and eco footprint features.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,937 Member
    edited September 2023
    You know the motive decay rate? I actually wish it was faster, I spent so much time playing the Sims 1 recently that by the time I got back to TS4 I'm just thinking I have nothing to worry about because everyones motives are pretty high at all times, and only the random tense moodlets from being a loner are an issue, I can manage a family of 8 here much easier than it was to manage a family of 3 in the first game, I'd love to challenege myself a little more beyond just self-restricting myself in weird ways.
    L9q8VGi.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top