Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods is moving to AHQ

luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
edited December 2023 in General Mods Discussion
Five years ago, Maxis consolidated player-to-player Sims 4 support at AHQ, moving it off the Sims 4 Forums. Now mod news for non-NSFW players is moving there to join it. Beginning at the next patch, my Broken/Updated Mods & CC list will be at EA's Answers HQ.

Why
For a number of years, EA has been sending people off of AHQ to the Forums for the list. Moving the list to AHQ will mean Simmers who go to EA for support can stay in one place, which is best practice for support.

On top of that, every Simmer will be able to subscribe to the thread — and be able to get notifications when and where they want. You can choose push notifications or email notifications, and you can receive them immediately, daily, or weekly (or, of course, not at all). I've also written a how-to for subscribing on AHQ.

The new setup will also separate discussion from news, making news much easier to follow or read through while still providing threads for discussing patch fallout and getting help. Simmers who haven't used AHQ before also don't need to make a new account. Your EA login is your AHQ login.

Where
You'll find the new list thread and new discussion thread pinned at the Sims 4 Game and Mod/CC Issues section of AHQ.

How
The list structure will be similar to the current one. One difference people used to this one will notice is that the "Updated" list will be more selective: the news posts are easier to skim without discussion coming between them, so "Updated" will focus on mods that were broken and on major updates.

Another is that there won't be links out (except for some new bugfix mods), but if there's a good chance that going to the obvious place when you search will be the wrong version of a mod, I'll provide guidance as to where you should go. There'll also be a new list of selected mods broken earlier and not updated, for people who are catching up.

Contact Me
For those of you who are used to letting me know directly about your updates etc., my DMs are always open to you here, on AHQ, and on Tumblr. I also won't miss things you post to the AHQ patch fallout discussion thread.

And...
And a huge thank-you to those of you who've helped make this thread work since I started it almost 7 (!) years ago. With some luck, the new structure is faster for me to manage and I'll see you more often in gameplay discussion. I have a teen named Pony who's ready to go to High School! I've no idea how he'll fit in that and all his work around the ranch, though...

The current posts:

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    I'm going to miss this version. It's about the only reason I come to the forum anymore. (But I won't miss the off-topic posts where people haven't read the first page.) Thank you for all you've done to keep this going.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Glad to know we'll still be getting support over on AHQ. These threads have been such a lifeline every patch.

Oh wow almost 7 years since starting broken/updated mod threads, huh? Time fliessss. Thank you so much for sticking through with it all these years and helping so many simmers out. Personally, I've been able to greatly enhance my gameplay with the amazing modding support this community provides.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    That makes a lot of sense. I'm glad you will be continuing your good work over there! Thank you!
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    So on Tuesday this thread will be closed i look on new area then thanks.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    Thanks for your hard work, @luthienrising.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    Thank you for everything @luthienrising
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I appreciate all you have done here @luthienrising
    This is my most used thread on the forum, and I will be very sorry to see it move. I know it's been a lot of work for you though!

Hopefully I can learn to use the new site. I've never been able to figure it out and always feel lost. Will you still be posting on Discord?
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »
    I appreciate all you have done here @luthienrising
    This is my most used thread on the forum, and I will be very sorry to see it move. I know it's been a lot of work for you though!

Hopefully I can learn to use the new site. I've never been able to figure it out and always feel lost. Will you still be posting on Discord?

Meg and Amethystlilac took over most of the Discord posting recently. I generally add that to my rounds if it's a new bugfix mod or an update that fixes a broken one.

But please feel free to nudge me for help with AHQ! And check the thread I linked on how to subscribe. Plus crin has a whole how-to thread there! https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Welcome-to-the-Sims-Section-of-AHQ/td-p/6931624
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    RubinoRomanoRubinoRomano Posts: 6 New Member
    @luthienrising - i am using your list for years. A very big THANK YOU for your amazing work and everything you helped our community.
    I hope now you will enjoy playing new Sims Packs faster and with less stress.

Thank You very much =) Greetings from Eastern Europe.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    I too, will miss this thread.

For a small peak behind the curtain, this thread was ALWAYS the number 1 visited post in my weekly reports without fail.

I appreciate the dedication you clearly show for this community, and look forward to working with you on the AHQ version from now on :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    @luthienrising I want to thank you for your patience, dedication, and diligence in keeping this list up for all of us. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your efforts in keeping us informed of changes. You have amazed me with keeping up with major mod-breaking patches and releases. Thank you so very much! Please take care and I hope you and your family are well. :smiley:
  • Options
    Thanks @irishdragon7! See you at AHQ, I hope! I'm definitely moving, not stopping :)

Extra thanks @EA_Cade! Including for helping me up the learning curve on AHQ!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Does this mean you'll be resuming your SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info threads? 😄 (Just kidding)

I only have a few mods installed but I've always enjoyed this thread. I'll be subscribing and following along on AHQ. 🤗
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    KatAnubis wrote: »
    I'm going to miss this version. It's about the only reason I come to the forum anymore. (But I won't miss the off-topic posts where people haven't read the first page.) Thank you for all you've done to keep this going.

I really have to agree with everything KatAnubis said here... thank you for all your hard work on this, but I'm really going to miss having all the information I need accessible here.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    I really have to agree with everything KatAnubis said here... thank you for all your hard work on this, but I'm really going to miss having all the information I need accessible here.

The good news is, it will be MORE accessible there in some ways, because the thread can be limited to info posts, not discussion. Discussion will have its own thread. You can also subscribe to get notifications of when there are new posts, including email notifications, so the info comes to you.
    Does this mean you'll be resuming your SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info threads? 😄 (Just kidding)
    😄😄😄

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I am sad to see this thread go. I have consulted your list several times over the last few patches. Thank you for all the effort in making this list over these past years.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I am sad to see this thread go. I have consulted your list several times over the last few patches. Thank you for all the effort in making this list over these past years.

It's only moving! It'll still be very much consultable, just in the same location as EA support rather than an area built mainly for discussion :)
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member

The good news is, it will be MORE accessible there in some ways, because the thread can be limited to info posts, not discussion. Discussion will have its own thread. You can also subscribe to get notifications of when there are new posts, including email notifications, so the info comes to you.

With the utmost respect, I've had some personal negative experiences with the AHQ site so I remain uncomfortable with this. I am really looking forward to you proving me wrong. :)

Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    edited September 2023
  • Options

With the utmost respect, I've had some personal negative experiences with the AHQ site so I remain uncomfortable with this. I am really looking forward to you proving me wrong. :)

That's not what I wanted to hear. My DMs are always open if you feel like elaborating on this.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Well, that means I'll be no longer posting update notices about my updates on the list.

The gurus have banned me from posting there.
  • Options
    gettps wrote: »
    Well, that means I'll be no longer posting update notices about my updates on the list.

You can contact me by DM here. (Creators can't post directly on the list in the new format.)
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    @luthienrising Thank you for all your efforts, and good luck with the new site at AHQ. I'll be checking in over there. @EA_Cade, thank you too.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Well, this is disappointing but if there's anything my long life has taught me it's that nothing good lasts forever and change is inevitable. @luthienrising Thank you so much for all the hard work you've put in over the years for the benefit of all of us. Now it's time for this old dog to go to AHQ and see if she can learn just one more new trick.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    gettps wrote: »

😕 Not seeing any active ban on your AHQ account. Are you getting an error message if you try to log in?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top