Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favourite pet in Sims 4? ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿถ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฆ™

ยซ13
Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
What is your favourite pet in Sims 4 so far? ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿถ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฆ™
If you like, add in the comments which ones you would like to have in the future ๐Ÿ”ฎ
I can add only ten options to the poll, if you like dolphins, mice, frogs, bugs, birds, fish, spiders... better, let us know in the comments below ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿž๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ•ท
95da495869ec543db46aef28c077562d9083e6a0.jpg
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game ๐Ÿ›บ A Dramedy ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ The Boys ๐Ÿฅ‡ Their first year - A Dramedy ๐Ÿš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera ๐ŸŽ The Stables - A Horse Drama
๐ŸŽ Best of Buydebug โ˜ƒ๏ธ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips ๐ŸŽฌ My Builds: Houses ๐Ÿ˜ Rooms ๐Ÿ›‹ SciFi ๐Ÿ‘พ creatively edited Screenshots ๐ŸŽจ

What is your favourite pet in Sims 4? ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿถ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฆ™ 116 votes

Cats
32%
IcewolfMichelleWjeLlyBeAn1573Angel_mixMi9shaoscarmcruddULIBABA66BoergeAarg61cchant86FlashMarkerNinoosimladybreidgreydonnSimplyJenLoriTSpbecks1112SheriSim57MDianaSimsmusteniKirbycat 38 votes
Goats/sheep
6%
bshag4lvsuetoopLizzychicagoLenny_OggImSandsWildIrishBansheeChildrenofhurinbrizgal 8 votes
Horses
12%
BluegayleGalacticGalIrishSimmer21HowGreatThouArtSimpatsyannkerryemmiebethfreindlylolgoodcakebaker62DarkLady2788kiwi84GracieO312SAEldarinTTNsimmerflauschtrud 14 votes
Dogs
18%
rudolphaColorist40Puddinroysimgirl1010monjr8302BariSaxylanlynlemonellapammiechickRedShoe7MMXHearts4uhappyopiPatriceDaepheneSharoniaJess_KimbaHandelFatTribble23SimDork23 21 votes
Llama
2%
SheepilingHavenRoseLoLyChupa 3 votes
Cows
0%
elanorbreton 1 vote
Werewolves
5%
IObelleEnkiSchmidtPeralSiggDiggitmightyspritehilda 6 votes
Chicken
2%
alanmichael1Horrorgirl6EneroDesyembre 3 votes
Rabbits
4%
blueyblueskyRedDestiny92RavenSpitamber_ilumireValravnWitch 5 votes
other (let us know in the comments below)
14%
LeGardePourprekokoro80maggiemae8135NRoweChampandGirlieSweetieWright_84FreddyFox1234CAPTAIN_NXR7LyrieLiELFAtreya33SERVERFRASimmingalKimmermanicobsessiveEleriskip 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Chicken
    I'm obsessed with the chickens.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,954 Member
    Cats
    Horses almost made it, but it is still always gonna be kitties to me <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    That's like asking me which of my children I love best. I have always been an animal lover, so I can only answer all of them! My sims typically have a cat and/or dog, but with farms possible they also usually have a cow, chicken, llama, and now with Horse Ranch, a horse. Their lot usually has rabbits and foxes, and a bird tree. I want them all! The main problem is room as not all lots have room for the animals, although I try to fit in as many as possible. I just finished Fraser's Cabin for my 1700's game and have it on a 20x30 as I wanted a lot near the 40x50 in Henford (where I plan to put the Fraser Ridge big house). I actually was able to fit 1 horse and 1animal shed with the chicken coop. But it gets really hard to have all the animals I want because of the lack of larger lots and the fact that cats, dogs, and horses are counted as family in the household that limits us to 8. I really dislike that part. I like having children too and more than just 1-3! Oh, and I forgot goats and sheep! They work out well too as they don't count as a space in the household! I would love a horse for each family member, but that, of course is impossible with the way it is now. So I have to settle for 1-2 horses, 1 cat and or 1 dog and all the rest that I can fit on the lot! I enjoy playing with simple living, a close family working together on a farm, and plenty of animals where children can be involved as well. I find it challenging and so much fun!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,437 Member
    edited August 2023
    On behalf of the werewolves : werewolves are not pets. <3 ๐ŸบThey are my favourite sims to play together with spellcasters but I would be letting my werewolf sims down if I would vote for them as pets. ;)

Seriously I mostly have chickens out of the animals listed. Perhaps because I have chickens in real life.

My absolute favourite would be dragons like we had in sims 1 and 3. I hope we can one day repeat this poll with dragons as well.

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Rabbits
    Bunnyrabbits, always and forever <3
    In the sims and irl.
    I have been living with bunnies for 10+ years now and I was so darn happy when they finally came to the sims.
    I also love the way they made them, as "semi-wild" rabbits cause they really couldve messed it up by putting them in cages and stuff like that if they had gone the domesticated route, so Im glad they didnt.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    *Engulfs in red mist, eyes blazing in indignation.*

Werewolves? WEREWOLVES?! You dare!

We are NOT pets. But we will, however, devour them. Yummy. Tastes like chicken. Especially the...the chickens. Mmm chicken! Dipped in some nectar, they're divine. Listen, Werewolves make great gourmet chefs. Fry up or saute a pet nicely, can even make a great casserole. The young ones are perfect for desserts. *Drools messily.*

Well, look what you've done. This poll reads like a menu and now I'm all hungry.

"Pets". *Grumble.* Sheesh.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Goats/sheep
    @LiELF @Atreya33 Of course I did my homework before I started the poll and asked around.
    Kiyoshi said, Jack is his favourite pet. And Noxee voted for Greg. ๐Ÿคท
    73f055ebd48f2e8b48b25f95c43c3e3e0eaa8566.jpg
    d88ec9d6380c623609041ea3d84f2e9fc29835ff.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game ๐Ÿ›บ A Dramedy ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ The Boys ๐Ÿฅ‡ Their first year - A Dramedy ๐Ÿš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera ๐ŸŽ The Stables - A Horse Drama
    ๐ŸŽ Best of Buydebug โ˜ƒ๏ธ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips ๐ŸŽฌ My Builds: Houses ๐Ÿ˜ Rooms ๐Ÿ›‹ SciFi ๐Ÿ‘พ creatively edited Screenshots ๐ŸŽจ
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,437 Member
    @LiELF @Atreya33 Of course I did my homework before I started the poll and asked around.
    Kiyoshi said, Jack is his favourite pet. And Noxee voted for Greg. ๐Ÿคท
    73f055ebd48f2e8b48b25f95c43c3e3e0eaa8566.jpg
    d88ec9d6380c623609041ea3d84f2e9fc29835ff.jpg

In my game Kiyoshi is protesting : I am not a pet! ;)
    0xwkrDs.png
    Can pets read books?
    PxvQeXQ.png
    Can pets graduate?
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Cats
    I wanted to say dogs, but they drive me crazy with how often i have to give them a bath. So I'm going with cats.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Dogs
    Dogs, just like in real life.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 512 Member
    That's like asking me which of my children I love best. I have always been an animal lover, so I can only answer all of them!

Iโ€™m with @maggiemae8135 here. As an animal lover irl I donโ€™t prefer any particular animal/creature in TS4 over any other: I love them all, and Iโ€™m enjoying the increasing variety of animals in the game. Almost all my households have a pet and/or chickens/a cow/llama/bunnies/birds/insects etc. I have adult sims as well as child sims who have rodents. I have sims who like to play with the dolphins. I like noticing the spiders moving about on their webs, and the mice scuttling about in apartments. I donโ€™t yet have Horse Ranch but Iโ€™m looking forward to one day being able to add horses, sheep and goats. All these animals and creatures add depth to my game in a similar way to the seasons and changes in the weather.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Atreya33 and @LiELF I agree, werewolves are not pets! That's why I didn't mention them in my comment. I love my werewolves, but definitely wouldn't want one for a pet. Neither would I consider a vampire (who can be a cute little bat) a pet, or a spellcaster. How insulting! LOL
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Dogs
    Dogs though I like cats too so it was a close call.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,914 Member
    Werewolves
    While I uphold the true humanness (simfulness?) of all werewolfly beings, anytime someone says werewolves in a poll, mightysprite answers werewolves ;)

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,029 Member
    edited August 2023
    Dogs
    This was a tough choice! I chose dogs, but I love cats too. and I'm just getting to know horses. Also, rabbits and mini livestock are so cute. ๐Ÿ˜Š

๐Ÿ˜„ at werewolves being pets!
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2112348&authkey=%21AHQ_4gOJEYc1nrs&width=1920&height=1080
    So, I have to ask...what about mermaids? ๐Ÿ˜‰
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2112605&authkey=%21AIPH3qDgpQ44oF8&width=1388&height=781
    Or mermaids' relatives, the easy-to-care-for fish? ๐Ÿ˜
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113302&authkey=%21APqbH5Pd3IjM7e0&width=1920&height=1080
    And where's the love for the little foxes? ๐Ÿ™‚ Or the minor pets, hamsters and such? Sims 4 is full of animals, isn't it?
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2112288&authkey=%21AGw0cG1cCcEzhfo&width=956&height=538
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Rabbits
    LiELF wrote: ยป
    *Engulfs in red mist, eyes blazing in indignation.*

Werewolves? WEREWOLVES?! You dare!

We are NOT pets. But we will, however, devour them. Yummy. Tastes like chicken. Especially the...the chickens. Mmm chicken! Dipped in some nectar, they're divine. Listen, Werewolves make great gourmet chefs. Fry up or saute a pet nicely, can even make a great casserole. The young ones are perfect for desserts. *Drools messily.*

Well, look what you've done. This poll reads like a menu and now I'm all hungry.

"Pets". *Grumble.* Sheesh.

Lol, you know the movie Ginger Snaps 2?
    Werewolves make great basement pets ๐Ÿ˜…
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Cats
    Glad to see some justice for werewolves here. lolโค๏ธ

I'm crazy for cats. The urge to give every household a cat is strong.
    i7-13700K โ€ข 16GB โ€ข RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Honestly, all the animals in this game are super cute, as in real life, so it's so hard to choose! I really couldn't make a definite decision. Keep the animals coming EA!
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Cats
    I voted for cats, but if parrots were available, I would choose them in a heartbeat. Cockatoos, galahs, macaws, budgies, lovebirds. Feathered friends!
  • Options
    Goats/sheep

I love all animals in real life and I was devastated/shocked/furious when I learned as a kid that humans eat animals ๐Ÿ˜ฑ and turned into a vegetarian (later vegan) immediately.
    I also love animals over people so counting werewolves as animals is an upgrade ๐Ÿบ
    In my game and life pets are equal creatures and not inferior to humans/sims (rather the opposite ^^).

If I had to choose one in RL it would be cats ๐Ÿฑ
    But in sims 4 I have no fun with cats and dogs because we can't control them and they are very demanding.
    Therefore I voted for goats. They are incredibly cute and easy to take care of and we can place them anywhere!
    I was so excited for horses but I had so much fun with the goats it took me over a month until the boys got their horses ๐Ÿ˜…
    94ae6ba389d034a6c2c70f200dd91e46184a2bf3.jpg
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,385 Member
    I love every animal in Sims 4, but cats and dogs are my favorites, equally. I can't decide which one I prefer. Cats are easier, they don't need to be walked for hours and they know how to pee and poop in a litter box even as kittens, but I just love dogs just as much, both in real life and in Sims 4. <3
    My Sims do have more cats because they're easier, though. They just need affection and everything is fine. having more than one dog is a pain because they can't be walked at the same time.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2023
    Cats
    I've been controlling cats & dogs for years with a mod. Well, I used the mod to keep track of needs. Only recently I decided to remove the mod just to see how I feel about it.
    https://commonsensegamer.com/sims-4-how-to-play-as-your-pet-complete-guide/
    For those interested. Keep in mind pets don't have a proper UI. This is because EA didn't bother with it.. So you will notice missing icons for moodlets. Not because the mod is broken. Some interactions might throw an exception error.
    i7-13700K โ€ข 16GB โ€ข RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    I love them all, pretty much and have had them all with various households over the years. With the exception of werewolves, I donโ€™t own that pack. Also I never did manage to find any rabbits long enough to befriend/adopt them. But Iโ€™ve had cats, dogs, llamas, cows, currently a mini sheep, horses, chickens even a mermaid who was very good friends with a dolphin.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Goats/sheep
    @NRowe you could place the rabbit tree stump from the buydebug on your homelot or place the rabbits themselves (also from the buydebug).
    Afaik there are only wild rabbits in Henford-on-Bagley.
    I placed a few of them at the campsite and they always stayed around.
    607b2e4c099921bc58c0b59a9bea12b404b56e41.jpg
    They didn't even leave the lot.
    6401c75181e26b15679b42bc55eb9ecea81a5db6.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    Cats
    Having just lost my beloved 19 year old kitty boobooโ€™s a couple of weeks ago, I have to say cats. But in my game I give my child sims all kinds of pets including frogs and insects. And one of my favorite stuff packs is my first pet stuff. Several of the children in my game have some kind of rodent too, which I didnโ€™t see mentioned! Most of my households do not have pets, but a few special ones do. I play a large rotation.