Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you enjoy when not simming?

CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
edited September 2023 in Off Topic Chat
Things that I like outside Sims 3 are drawing, writing, photography, gardening. The other games I like are Elder Scrolls Online, FFXIV, Minecraft, Settlement Survival, 7 Days to Die, Planet Crafter and No Mans Sky. (As you can probably see, I like games where I can build things)
Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited August 2023
    Writing - I write JAG fan-fiction on ff(dot)net.
    Photography _DSC6192-Edit-Edit.tif
    I also enjoy playing SWTOR, Cities Skylines, FSX and DCS World (insofar as video games)
    When I’m not plunked in front of computer, rear in chair, I like going out and walking (I need to start carrying my camera with me)
    Sometimes I just go out to the airport and photograph big heavy metal birds. 😝 ie:airplanes, I really need to get out to the airshow again. 🤣
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I love to read, go for walks, and visit places in my local region. Especially places that are natureful as my youngest used to say. I am blessed to live near a national park. I also enjoy getting together with my friends.

For games, I like Animal Crossing and Wylde Flowers among others
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I play other games like Mass Effect & Dragon Age, New World, and others. I also love collecting medieval cooking recipes and watching medieval cooking techniques
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

I like to walk in the woods, and anything that has something to do with the water ...
    Wakeboarding, Diving, Boating, Swimming or just laying around soaking up a tab bit of sunshine.

The dog and I just love the outdoors, fresh air, and peacefulness most of the time ...
    Except when it is terrible hot like it has been for the last few weeks ... B)

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    When not playing The Sims I am probably

•Watching tv shows/movies
    /yt n whatever nonsense
    •Knitting
    •Reading
    •Doodling
    •Baking/Cooking
    •Cleaning/organizing/decorating
    •Singing badly
    •Dancing badly
    •Walking at unwatcherful hours to avoid human
    •Laying on yoga mat pretending I am exercising
    •Squirrel/bird/sky watching
    •overthinking about that awkward thing i did 20 years ago and getting depressed/anxious
    •Eating
    •Snoozing
    •sitting on various chairs doing nothing in particular cause I don't feel like doing anything and yet I'm bored
    •annoying fellow humans cause bored
    •writing unneededly long comments on this forum
    • any of the above but with cat
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    When not working or playing guardian over my Simmies, I like to:

-watch movies by myself (no horror),

-read, research and explore any information I can find about certain ancient civilizations,

-work on my 'Real World' DIY projects which enrich and beautify my home studio ( my current project is transforming a plain 4 tier open bookcase into a beautiful multi-purpose cabinet complete with lights, split shelving and cabinet doors).

-work on building my skills in the area of visual communication (specifically merging 2D & 3D animated elements together),

-Make time for and spend time with my family members

-Mainly, just enjoy me, my whims and curiosities. I love to see where they will lead me and what I can learn from the journey.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited August 2023
    I enjoy painting/drawing and practicing guitar/singing. I also play some other games that are typically puzzles or city builders, but I also like some horror games too!
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    I enjoy knitting and crocheting when I'm not playing Sims!
    I also play a lot of other games where I build stuff, too!
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    oh thats awesome! i just got stuff to start learning crochet. Hoping I do it okay :D
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    Well I like playing World of Warcraft, Star Wars: The Old Republic and some Facebook games. When I not gaming, then I'm either on the computer or my tablet browsing the web. Or I'm doing crafts such as crocheting or creating things with my Cricut Joy or my Cricut Air Explore 2. Sometimes I might do crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles or do some reading.
  • Options
    @lisasc360 , you in a guild or just free-roaming in SWTOR? My wife and I are in a guild; it's not one where we are super strict on participation. It's more of a free- play when you can. Most of us have other obligations so this guild isn't a "you MUST participate" or be kicked kind of guild.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    edited August 2023
    If I’m not simming, I’m probably binge-watching something while knitting, listening to a podcast while knitting, doing a puzzle while binge-watching something or listening to a podcast, or playing Civ 5 (sometimes 6, but I don’t like it as much). I also do yoga just so not all of my hobbies involve sitting on my butt. :D

ETA: I also read, but not half as much as I should. I’m in the middle of reading 3 books and I have a bunch more stacked up still waiting to be read…!
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    @lisasc360 , you in a guild or just free-roaming in SWTOR? My wife and I are in a guild; it's not one where we are super strict on participation. It's more of a free- play when you can. Most of us have other obligations so this guild isn't a "you MUST participate" or be kicked kind of guild.

@Nikkei_Simmer, 2 of my characters are in guilds and they seem to be very lax when it comes to logging in and playing. I play on Satele Shan and have 4 characters, 2 Jedi's and 2 Sith. The 2 Jedi's are in guilds but not in the same guild. The one guild that I'm in is called Jedi Aces and they have over 400 members but I rarely see anyone on when I do log in just to get the daily bonus. And the guild called Sovereign has a lot of members and some of them do come on but I mostly log in on the one in Jedi Aces as she is a lvl. 60 Sentinel. I do try to log in on the other ones when I have the little gifts that you give to your companions.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I’ve got one Jedi Knight and a Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer on Satele Shan.

I mostly play on Star Forge (I got 14 toons on there). Evidently they don’t care if you hop servers. 😁👍 Star Forge was what I started out on.

I’m still low-end 40s on my Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Knight on Satele Shan. But I have 3 Level 75s that have completed the base game in Star Forge.

If you ever decide to hop servers and create a light side character on Star Forge. Look us up. “Eridium Cartel”. Like I said, we’re easy going too.

If you’re up for it, maybe the two of us can run a base FP for points sometime. 😁
    GYZ6Ak9.png