Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Worlds with Least Lag

Which worlds have the least lag when playing in them?

Do you install all your packs, or only some of them? I heard the game runs better with less packs/worlds installed, but I am still learning what is in each pack and I am afraid to leave any packs uninstalled even if I am not using its world.

Comments

• Options
    CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
    The only issue I've had so far is with Isla Paradiso, it lags so much each time I play it. Too bad too, its a really neat-looking map.
    Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 717 Member
    edited August 2023
    The only issue I've had so far is with Isla Paradiso, it lags so much each time I play it. Too bad too, its a really neat-looking map.

I have definitely reduced lag by uninstalling over half of the packs, last night.

Later on, I might try to play in Isla Paradiso with just that pack and basegame installed. I want to try everything, but I think it is best not to try everything at the same time. Thanks for the tip about Isla Paradiso! I quicky researched it after you singled it out. It did not make the cut.

I only have the following installed:

Basegame,
    Ambitions,
    Generations,
    World Adventures,
    Seasons,
    Diesel Stuff,
    Outdoor Living

I only have three worlds now:

Sunset Valley
    Twinbrooks
    Aventureland

Adventureland must have the least lag?

Are any of the store worlds known for being lag free?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2023
    Hi :)
    No matter what anyone says, No world is lag free.

*I'm not saying it will Always Lag. What I mean is one save can be fine, another of the same world and it will have some lag. One day lag, another day not. Game start up lag, stops lagging. Sims will find a way to lag or freeze your game. :)
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    No matter what anyone says, No world is lag free.

*I'm not saying it will Always Lag. What I mean is one save can be fine, another of the same world and it will have some lag. One day lag, another day not. Game start up lag, stops lagging. Sims will find a way to lag or freeze your game. :)

Some days it is Windows that is causing the lag.

Thanks for the tip that no matter how much a deprive myself by stripping down, that I will still have lag.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2023
    I would definitely avoid isla paradiso and future world but other than that idk seems quite similar amount of lag
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I would definitely avoid isla paradiso and future world but other than that idk seems quite similar amount of lag

Good to know! Thanks!
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I've wondered if Twinbroke that came with ambition has fair or low amount of lag cuz it's my fav world unfortunately last time I played in it, it wasn't that good tho the least laggy one I saw was sunset valley (not surprised)
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Worlds will all lag at some time or another. Sometimes, for no reason, sims just get stuck. @Rflong7 's worlds are usually peak performers, but even in one of those I had a sim become impaled on a fence one day which slowed the world to a crawl. I don't know why, the game just spawned him there. It doesn't happen often at all but it does happen.

I find smaller worlds usually run the best. Also worlds without copious amounts of vegetation tend to run nicely. Builds can also lag the game as well, as illustrated by EA's offerings in IP where toilets and showers have been placed the wrong way around.

After personal issues with houses that were built with CFE where sims got stuck in walls or walked up and down invisible staircases, I avoid those like the plague too. I don't download houses that use CC, and I don't normally download worlds with CC either. The only exception I made for that is CAWBlog's worlds.
    Be discerning with your content downloads. Don't try to cram gigs and gigs of CC into your game if you're using an older computer. You'd be surprised how many people scream about the game being laggy, buggy and horrible, yet they've downloaded 10 gigs of CC onto a PC that should be classified as a fossil.

Those are just my steps I take to have a game that runs well. You'll eventually learn what works for you and your game personally.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    graventhe wrote: »
    the least laggy one I saw was sunset valley
    Pary wrote: »

a sim become impaled on a fence one day which slowed the world to a crawl.

I find smaller worlds usually run the best. Also worlds without copious amounts of vegetation tend to run nicely.

Don't try to cram gigs and gigs of CC into your game

You'll eventually learn what works for you and your game personally.

Thank you both so much!

I reinstalled Windows. I have reinstalled Sims 4, but I still need to reinstall Sims 3. I am still deciding which packs that I want to install.

For right now, I think I am going to keep sims 4 mod free and play occults in this game. I contrast, I think I will add some carefully chosen mods and CC to Sims 3, but keep this game occult free. I don't need to do everything in every game, especially everything all at the same time.

In Sims 3, I am going to narrow my play to Sunset Valley, and add only the EP/SP, Store Items, and CC and mods that make it the best world possible. Sometimes less is more. Especially when we have another game to play when we want more variety.

Thanks again everyone!

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    Some ways to force your game to lag to the point of waiting severally real life minutes for a sim to take a single step include adding a lot of build mode trees and plants to your lot. Or having your sims do a lot of harvesting from a garden and not emptying their inventory. To minimise lag keep inventories as close to empty as possible. Remove excess build mode plants as they blow around in the breeze and keep your computer busy doing that. Adding big basements can also add to memory use but may not increase lag depending on what you put into them.
  • Options
    EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Adventureland 👀
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Worlds will all lag at some time or another. Sometimes, for no reason, sims just get stuck. @Rflong7 's worlds are usually peak performers, but even in one of those I had a sim become impaled on a fence one day which slowed the world to a crawl. I don't know why, the game just spawned him there. It doesn't happen often at all but it does happen.

I always have to watch out for the little messages that pop up saying that so and so sim is un-routable. Unfortunately...the little buggers seem to constantly end up getting stuck. So I always end up resetting them...so that they can get on their merry little way.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I always have to watch out for the little messages that pop up saying that so and so sim is un-routable. Unfortunately...the little buggers seem to constantly end up getting stuck. So I always end up resetting them...so that they can get on their merry little way.

NRAAS will auto-reset stuck sims unless you change the settings in Overwatch to False. Then you can watch where they're getting stuck and fix the area yourself as needed.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Karritz wrote: »
    keep inventories as close to empty as possible. Remove excess build mode plants ... Adding big basements can also add to memory use

Thanks!! I did not know any of this!

I always have to watch out for the little messages that pop up saying that so and so sim is un-routable.

I will pay attention to these notices now! Thanks!!
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

NRAAS will auto-reset stuck sims unless you change the settings in Overwatch to False. Then you can watch where they're getting stuck and fix the area yourself as needed.

Right now, I am playing without NRaas to get a better feel for what is vanilla game and what is NRaas. NRaas is just such a big mod that is doing so much. Too much for me at this stage of my learning. But now I know another specific reason why I might want to add NRaas back into my game, and what setting to use for this. Thanks!

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited August 2023
    Overwatch and ErrorTrap are pretty-much required mods to fix the little bugs that never got fixed, and they also keep your game healthy. Good luck with your learning and have fun!
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

The easiest way to reduce lag in a town is to disable Pets.
    Love the Pets ... But it generates an abundance of additional Non Player Characters running around your town.

To manage longer saves ... You can remove certain townies you don't care that much for ...
    Tear down their houses, switch it to a Community Lot, and classify it as "No Visitors Allowed".

Essentially ... It's just Population Reduction.
    As others have mentioned ... Debugger and Error Trap are almost essential on long saves as well.

For the longest consecutive saves ...
    It's good to start your save as an NIF Challenge and add the pieces as your town grows.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Overwatch and ErrorTrap are pretty-much required mods
    Overwatch and Errortrap are essential mods.

I am going to take everyone's advice and put them back in.
    BlackSand wrote: »

The easiest way to reduce lag in a town is to disable Pets.
    Love the Pets ... But it generates an abundance of additional Non Player Characters running around your town.

To manage longer saves ... You can remove certain townies you don't care that much for ...
    Tear down their houses, switch it to a Community Lot, and classify it as "No Visitors Allowed".

Essentially ... It's just Population Reduction.
    As others have mentioned ... Debugger and Error Trap are almost essential on long saves as well.

For the longest consecutive saves ...
    It's good to start your save as an NIF Challenge and add the pieces as your town grows.

I just Googled the NIF Challenge. This is interesting! I am reading this thread now.
    https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?s=a9636b2b8b40ae5b63c83fa1e7d32e6b&t=468464&c=1&ht=0&page=1&pp=25#startcomments

Post edited by Katofhyrule12 on