Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Reshade Presets?

becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
edited July 2023 in General Mods Discussion
I'm switching from a Mac to a PC so I finally get to use Reshade! What are your favorite presets? I need suggestions!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    I use my own preset but here's an article I found useful. I don't use any of those listed because I don't use all of the filters needed. I also think I messed up when installing them because Reshade kept saying it failed to load.

https://wewantmods.com/sims-4-reshade/
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    I've been looking through https://maxismatchccworld.tumblr.com/tagged/s4-reshade to find a few. Any idea if there is a discord to discuss reshades and ask questions about them? Like I'm confused if you can download a specific reshade version or if it doesn't matter? I ask because there is a reshade I'm interested in but it says it might not work with a different version? I have the latest version out atm.
  • Options
    Lizziguin wrote: »
    I've been looking through https://maxismatchccworld.tumblr.com/tagged/s4-reshade to find a few. Any idea if there is a discord to discuss reshades and ask questions about them? Like I'm confused if you can download a specific reshade version or if it doesn't matter? I ask because there is a reshade I'm interested in but it says it might not work with a different version? I have the latest version out atm.

This is one of the presets that I'm looking at that says this "This was made using Reshade 3.0.8, and I highly recommend you use Reshade 3.0 to run it! My presets do NOT work with 3.4 and beyond! They will not look the same."
  • Options
    This is one of the presets that I'm looking at that says this "This was made using Reshade 3.0.8, and I highly recommend you use Reshade 3.0 to run it! My presets do NOT work with 3.4 and beyond! They will not look the same."

This is why I make my own. I don't do depth of field or anything. I just make the game brighter and sharper.
  • Options

This is why I make my own. I don't do depth of field or anything. I just make the game brighter and sharper.

I'm actually really intimidated and overloaded when looking into reshades and then figuring out how to install everything properly. Do you have any suggestions on where to start as a complete beginner with it? I'm sure I can follow video instruction on install, I'm just so overwhelmed on finding reshades that are up to date and all that.
  • Options
    Oop I answered my own question :sweat_smile: I googled reshade discord cause I found something that mentioned it on an article and now I joined the reshade discord lol
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Oop I answered my own question :sweat_smile: I googled reshade discord cause I found something that mentioned it on an article and now I joined the reshade discord lol

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination. I just click the filters to see what they do and unclick them if I don't like their effect. I do it all through trial and error.

Edit: I just remembered all of the filters tell you what they do if you hover over them.
  • Options

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination. I just click the filters to see what they do and unclick them if I don't like their effect. I do it all through trial and error.

Edit: I just remembered all of the filters tell you what they do if you hover over them.

Ooooo that's super handy! Maybe that'll help me be less scared of using a reshade now :lol:
  • Options

Ooooo that's super handy! Maybe that'll help me be less scared of using a reshade now :lol:

Good luck! It's not as scary as you think. Another thing I found helpful, once you get the look you want, click the performance mode box at the bottom right. It still keeps your preset just prevents you from editing it until you uncheck it. It does help with performance...at least for me. Also, set your hot keys in the settings. It's a huge help when you're shuffling through presets.