The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    3JFJpiIl.png
    I find it sort of cute, don't know why Danny doesn't like going out so much but Vincent will come in the house however many times he needs to to say hi to his little friend.
    PrBaLvwl.png
    And love on his main owner, he seems relatively fond of the whole family so I can't be bothered to lock him out now he brings my goat and sheep in with him . You get to be an indoor pet, you get to be an indoor, you get to be an indoor pet...everyone must be an indoor pet. :D
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This is my favorite pack of all time!!! I mean I love all packs for the content they bring but omg!!
    @EA_Cade please pass my very big thanks to the gurus and tell them this is the back pack ever 🙏 😭 ❤
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    I'm actually feeling the challenge with foals and I love it. They aren't as easy as I thought with a teen Sim trying to take care of it. Good job keeping the challenge level moderately high
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,333 Member
    I really love the hairstyles. The details like the tapper on the side of those braid's that came in the pack. I liked the free update hairstyles too.

I'm happy to have some rugged menswear too.

The world is beautiful as usual but I haven't explored it myself yet.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    The outfits are just awesome! This is my favorite werewolf Addy enjoying her new look

KQ1v28X.png
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 975 Member
    He looks great @Bluegayle. Must be super wonderful to have a special favorite back.

I've just been making some sims and horses from my childhood novels, and enjoying the pack for a few days till everything gets updated and I'm ready to deep dive into sim lit again. I've put off so much because I was waiting for horses.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,346 Member
    3JFJpiIl.png
    I find it sort of cute, don't know why Danny doesn't like going out so much but Vincent will come in the house however many times he needs to to say hi to his little friend.
    PrBaLvwl.png
    And love on his main owner, he seems relatively fond of the whole family so I can't be bothered to lock him out now he brings my goat and sheep in with him . You get to be an indoor pet, you get to be an indoor, you get to be an indoor pet...everyone must be an indoor pet. :D

Very nice. How did you get the horse to go inside the house? I try to call it over, but it refuses to go in.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    edited July 2023
    Haflinger wrote: »
    He looks great @Bluegayle. Must be super wonderful to have a special favorite back.

I've just been making some sims and horses from my childhood novels, and enjoying the pack for a few days till everything gets updated and I'm ready to deep dive into sim lit again. I've put off so much because I was waiting for horses.

Thank you. Was raised on my grandparents farm as work horse. Retired to my cousin and was the first real live horse I loved and rode. I was really young. If my dad hadn't died young (36, then he would have been mine. <3 but at least he was close by. Lived to over 30.

As a foal:
    MCMc0rJ.png

working: My granduncle & I think my Dad on Thresher?

cPda6XR.jpg
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    I cant call the horse he just comes in, in fact i couldnt ride him out i had to get the sim to dismount, leave then call him from there. He is particular like that. :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,057 Member
    I actually love love LOVE this pack now that I am playing it! Thank you SO much for bringing horses and nectar making back, 2 of some of my most fave things from The Sims 3! Thank you Maxis! The world is great too, 13 lots is a great start for bigger than 12 lot worlds! <3
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    I wonder if horses can be brought to the jungle? Could they cross the bridge by the great ruins and waterfalls? Can they be ridden to the temple?

Can they go to Granite Falls?

I must know!

You can take horses on vacation. Feeders and balls are buyable from mailboxes and portable. Beds can be placed in inventory, but weren't available via mailbox last I checked (might need to recheck to see if added). I think horses can nap or sleep without a bed, but you can't direct them to do so without one, afaik.

I vacationed next door to the Pancakes to test this out.

I think it would be lovely to build a couple of vacation spots with tiny stalls for sims with horses :*
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,611 Member
    I am so happy horses can go on vacation. I'm gonna edit Selvadorada and Granite Falls with some horsey stuff.

Horses in Batuu, anyone? 😄
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,528 Member
    I agree completely with the love for this pack. The horses are amazing! I had the day off so I literally played all day and night and had to make myself go to bed at 3am, lol.

The horses are so much fun, I want them all. ALL OF THE HORSES! ❤️🐴🦄💖

And the goats!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,528 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    I wonder if horses can be brought to the jungle? Could they cross the bridge by the great ruins and waterfalls? Can they be ridden to the temple?

Can they go to Granite Falls?

I must know!

You can take horses on vacation. Feeders and balls are buyable from mailboxes and portable. Beds can be placed in inventory, but weren't available via mailbox last I checked (might need to recheck to see if added). I think horses can nap or sleep without a bed, but you can't direct them to do so without one, afaik.

I vacationed next door to the Pancakes to test this out.

That's wonderful, thank you for answering!

Oh goodness, imagine how beautiful the screen shots when riding horses in Selvadorada? Only thing is, they can't use steps, so they might not be able to go in all the areas.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    Finally managed to try the pack for a couple of hours, so I finished preparing my 1850s legacy file.

Here are Joseph and Florence Church! They ended up asking for a loan (my way to explain freerealestate) to buy a ranch, but they are ready to grow the family and make a living out of farming, nectar making and husbandry!

And of course, Joseph bought a lovely mare for the ranch, named Hello Flora (I created a name randomizer exactly to get this type of racing-horse names).
    She's a Liver Chestnut Semi-Leopard Clydesdale (which probably don't exist in RL, but I'm gonna go crazy with coat genetics 🤣) with a very adorable personality.

Can't wait to start playing them tomorrow!
    20230721_113940.jpg
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    My favorite screen shots of the night
    Sichu6I.jpeg
    HMZg89W.jpeg

I know they say dogs are a man's best friend but I think it's horses 😊
    I'm enjoying playing with a single sim for the first time ever. Just me and my horse lol. Cats or dogs never did it for me.
    I stayed up way past my bedtime playing and now I'm like a zombie today ☠ but totally worth it.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I personally think worlds should be more heavily themed like this one. It feels like you actually went to a whole new world or time period compared to the more generic looks. The other two deserts just felt really generic compared to this one. I'm loving the western theme!
    And I know we all like to make our own themes but the generic look doesn't help because it stands out against the theme you are trying to make.
    I definitely hope to see more like this in the future.
    Fantasty themed
    Medieval themed
    Futuristic themed or alien themed.
    Apocolytic themed
    Jungle themed (that we can live in)
    Haunted or scary themed and so much more!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,133 Member
    edited July 2023

makes me think, what happens with the HSY ''door'' window? will the horses attempt to get in from there 🕵️‍♀️
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,133 Member
    edited July 2023
    I am so happy horses can go on vacation. I'm gonna edit Selvadorada and Granite Falls with some horsey stuff.

Horses in Batuu, anyone? 😄

I actually have big building in Selvadorada already which I intended to use if we ever get horses and nectar making
    so I just have to swap some items and its good to go :sunglasses:

well that is, when I get this pack :lol:

there is also fake pottery area which I hope to turn into real pottery area one day
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    I'm having a lot of fun so far but my horse won't sleep in the horse bed, always on the ground somewhere else. Is it because he is free spirited? :D
  • Options
    Hmm it might be I noticed one of my horses won't sleep there and he's free-spirited.
    A4CCPw7l.png
    I was trying to breed my horses and I love how they roam about but always run over to nuzzle each other whether she gets pregnant or not. <3
    yFmCqG4l.png
    Though she did eventually get pregnant, can't wait.
    141Bn95l.png
    Such joy from brushing :D
    0DxlASzl.png
    She's not laughing at her tears, she likes peek a boo
    184evMFl.png
    ...That..is clearly incorrect you little cotton ball.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I didnt play much because I have a 3 year old daughter and also work so.. Little time
    So far this EP has gorgeous objects and cas itens.. I never though they would be this good!! The map is meh... But latetly I dont like the maps the sims team has made... Too small for my tastes :|

Didnt explore the horses very much but the riding is amazing! Im loving this EP
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Got to admit I was on the 'its a scam!' bandwagon but having played for a while you can clearly see how much work has gone into horses. The animations are adorable and the interactions are brilliant. I love how much personality they have.
    Event he little things are so cool, like how if the horse gets stuck or glitched alot of the time it will back itself out of the situation!

TBH though I am somebody who loves that whole Cottage Living/living off the land gameplay style so this is right up my alley! (also interactions between the different animals is also completely adorable!....just watched my horse and sheep have a very long 'conversation' about poop!. Also I had to put down some hay rugs next to my chicken coop as it seems like the sheep tend to want to sleep with the chickens!!LOL).