Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your thoughts on the items of the Horse Ranch pack

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    @RememberJoy A huge thank you for sorting all the stuff! That was extremely helpful. It was a lot easier for me to comprehend what I was looking at that way, so I really appreciate the time you spent doing it.

I like that there are a lot of worn-out, old, and dirty looking things in both the build/buy and the CAS. I'm not wild about southwestern/cowboy style in general, but there are actually a number of individual items I feel I would use for storytelling purposes, mixed with other old and patched looking items like the basement kit, grunge kit, and werewolves items.

I like the horse customization options. And horses are my main interest in the pack anyway.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Not too excited about build mode. They missed Mechanical Bulls though there is a mod for that.

I'm kind of excited for cas with the more western outfits,accessories and hats.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I don't really have any thoughts on the items by now, but the dance looks fun.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Huh. I think whoever put together this list miscounted somehow. A bunch of the windows are actually basegame. Like, just the same as those basegame "Mega" windows that every Oasis Springs house has. I'm pretty sure one of the hutches is basegame too, and the bed is the same as the one you get as a reward in the Painter career.
    The basketball is from City Living and there's also a deco basketball in Everyday Clutter.
    The platform style single bed is from Discover University.
    I don't even think these are recolors of existing objects (except possibly the Painter bed), they are just the same objects?

Was curious, so I went into game to check this out. Here's what I found...

So windows...
    6vuqmQs.jpg

I'm guessing these are the ones being referred to? I couldn't find any that looked exactly like the ones from this pack, so I grabbed the closest looking ones. Really not too similar though. (Base game on the left)

As for the beds...
    n9pqBXT.jpg
    Ii2CURb.jpg

Again similarities, but not exact.

As for the hutch, not sure which one was being pointed out, so I grabbed the one that looked the most familiar. (The one on the left)
    ToPqTIj.jpg

None of the base game hutches are identical, but a hutch is a hutch.

As for the basketball, as someone else pointed out, I believe it's a larger ball meant for the horses.
    vkpTzaH.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited July 2023
    I actually like the new double bed because I like that base game bed but the swatches on it are so few and hideous

but yeah the balls definitely horse one
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I would like to see the swatches because currently I have mixed feelings. A lot of objects look familiar.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Re the water pump thing. There is also one in Moonwood Mill, I observed Greg pulling out a dish with food from it...

I like the CAS/BB. My catalogues are starting to feel overwhelming, might be time to get rid of CC that get less and less needed.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Fun fact: the wishing well from Romantic Garden Stuff is a water source when off the grid.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think CAS is not too bad. As a cc user I don't usually put too much attention to CAS or B/B, but I love the dirty male clothes offered in this pack. Definitely using that. I also like the boots, hats, facial hair and accessories.
    The rocking chair is nice. I'll probably buy the grunge kit along with this since I've been meaning to get it anyway.
    Hopefully a cc maker comes up with saloon doors even if it's not properly animated because I just feel like that's a must for classic builds!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I actually like the new double bed because I like that base game bed but the swatches on it are so few and hideous

I wish they would put some of the same flair into beds that they do with the sofas TBH.
    Id love if they gave us something like that fairly plain bed with just your basic black/white/dark, light wood swatches but then made made more cover options. Like throws or pillows on beds, toys on kids beds and an unmade bed as well!

• Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Apart from the corn row/ braids.. are any of the new hairs not just slight alternates of hairs we already have 🙄
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

I wish they would put some of the same flair into beds that they do with the sofas TBH.
    Id love if they gave us something like that fairly plain bed with just your basic black/white/dark, light wood swatches but then made made more cover options. Like throws or pillows on beds, toys on kids beds and an unmade bed as well!

I really miss the unmade beds from TS3! It would take minimal extra animation/object shape, and it would take the sim 1 sec to make their bed when getting up. But the fact that sims with so and so traits or in a bad mood etc would leave their bed unmade, would make for a huuuuge difference when it comes to the impression a messy vs tidy bedroom gives. Also, in some houses unmade beds could cause more house cleaning, while in others nothing extra. I like the idea of houses being a tad different + traits actually have an impact on something :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I love the rustic bb items. I can't wait to update my barn on my family farm lot. As far as CAS I like the boots and that ponytail braided hair.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    edited July 2023
    ddd994 wrote: »
    Apart from the corn row/ braids.. are any of the new hairs not just slight alternates of hairs we already have 🙄

You might want to take a look at this video. He has a very unique style of video and likes to stir up controversies so his videos are not for everyone. That's why I will give you the timestamps. Between 0:56 and 2:03 he points out a few very similar hairstyles.
    video
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    ahh you are right @PifflePrincess and @RememberJoy .
    Extra thank you @RememberJoy for all the side by side pictures.

I wonder if they just made them such similar items because they were trying to match existing assets?
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Maybe I missed seeing it, but I've looked several times, and there doesn't seem to be a cowboy shirt for children. They do get a hat and boots, however.
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2023
    My thoughts are my sim going horseback riding and line dancing while on vacation in chestnut ridge aw haw