Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Official Countdown Thread (Released)

Comments

• Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Like, how long is a horse lifespan? Horses live quite a long life, so it would be great to have that reflected in the game. I can see my wild west legacy sims inherit horses from their parents.
    !

Can be up to 30+ years. Really depends on the breed, and what kind of care the horse gets. Some breeds (usually ponies) live longer than others. Haflingers can live up to 40 with the right care. My gelding is 24 and still going strong. My Thoroughbred was 18 when I got him (when I was a kid) and colicked at 30. My mare was in her late 20s/early 30s when she colicked. Unfortunately a lot of horses tend to colic when they get older, which usually means having to let them go because of complications.
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I was hoping that there would be "English" saddles & bridles but it seems that it's only western tack. I really hope we get a choice of tack, so I can faithfully recreate my big boy, Kiwi. I never rode him western style.

Saw one so hopefully means more options

FDUgXXM.png

Thanks! I didn't spot that.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    The skeleton skin for a horse is perfect for occults and for making Arvak, the horse in Skyrim's soul cairn! Definitely plan it for my Skyrim-based game!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2023
    now my knight sim can have a horse to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    EZ the horse of many colors
    https://youtu.be/YGAPKnHcGDM
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I was hoping that there would be "English" saddles & bridles but it seems that it's only western tack. I really hope we get a choice of tack, so I can faithfully recreate my big boy, Kiwi. I never rode him western style.

Saw one so hopefully means more options

FDUgXXM.png

Thanks! I didn't spot that.

I've always loved the colour of these horses (I have no idea what type of horse it is?)... that gorgeous beige body and the pale cream coloured mane/tail. Every time I've seen horses that colour in real life I'm immediately drawn to them. Beautiful!

I'll definitely be making my first horse very similar (if not exactly) like the one in the picture above... and I already have the perfect name picked out too. :)

Even though horses weren't something on my wishlist, I'm super excited to make a big ranch and shiny new family to live in Chestnut Ridge... Can't wait to get started on a whole new 'Spaghetti Western' gameplay style. Yeehaw! :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    24 Days!!!!
  • Options
    I've always loved the colour of these horses (I have no idea what type of horse it is?)... that gorgeous beige body and the pale cream coloured mane/tail. Every time I've seen horses that colour in real life I'm immediately drawn to them. Beautiful!

Palomino.

Unless they’re pangare chestnuts (i.e. Belgian sorrel) that is. 😅. Which is a different gene acting on the chestnut base (palomino is cream gene on chestnut base)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I wonder if we can colour horses like we can with the cats and dogs? I liked the horse with the pink mane and the one with the skeleton drawn on it and would love to see the other weird and fun designs people come up with.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I wonder if we can colour horses like we can with the cats and dogs? I liked the horse with the pink mane and the one with the skeleton drawn on it and would love to see the other weird and fun designs people come up with.

I hope so so I can have a purple horse.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so want a pretty rainbow peal colored horse.

3 weeks & 3 days & counting.😉
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm leaning toward a palomino. But a black horse can be so dramatic, and I love bays. Purple sounds good too, or teal...Choices choices.
  • Options
    23 Days!!!!
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited June 2023
    23 Days!!!!

If you don't mind me asking, at 92,746, do you think you have the #1 spot on the forum for most number of posts? I just noticed it, and I think it's the highest I've seen
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    edited June 2023
    Rosemow has the most comments on the forum. 🙂 162, 000

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/activity
  • Options
    Rosemow has the most comments on the forum. 🙂 162, 000

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/activity

Thanks I couldn't remember her name but I am in 2nd place.
  • Options
    22 Days!!!!
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited June 2023
    Haflinger wrote: »

Palomino.

Unless they’re pangare chestnuts (i.e. Belgian sorrel) that is. 😅. Which is a different gene acting on the chestnut base (palomino is cream gene on chestnut base)

Is that what they are? Palomino? And the colour is called chestnut?

Thanks so much for the info!

Now I can sound like I know what I'm talking about... "Hey, look at that beautiful Palomino with the cream gene on a chestnut base! Isn't it gorgeous?!" :D

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Haflinger wrote: »

Palomino.

Is that what they are? Palomino? And the colour is called chestnut?

Thanks so much for the info!

Now I can sound like I know what I'm talking about... "Hey, look at that beautiful Palomino with the cream gene on a chestnut base! Isn't it gorgeous?!" :D

😂😂😂

Yes. Layman’s terms for the color is palomino.

Genetics wise, it gets more complicated because of dilution genes and modifiers that change the base colors.

This website might explain it a bit

https://practicalhorsemanmag.com/health-archive/guide-to-equine-color-genetics-coat-color/
  • Options
    21 Days and Counting!!!!
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    I have to bookamark this.
  • Options
    20 Days!!!!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2023
    time to regret that I donated all my horsegal stuff like book on billion different horse breeds

thought I literally have no use knowing so many things about honses anymore
    turns out I was wrong... only about 15 years later :lol:

guess I gotta google stuff now
    or all I can say is I like honses with fancy discopants leg hair
    yeah, I should probably google it.

I recall being particularily fan of fjord horses as little gal though
    but I feel like I like big discopants horse more now that I am also big but own no discopants
    they were so scary as little gal being big honse
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    2 weeks & 6 days & counting.