Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Horse ranch negative discussion.

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited June 2023
    How stupid me imagines a native american associated with the new expansion
    ef3f8ad1c128c4519143663c40a2aab73ce8cec3.jpg
    The reality
    b7cd04824599685b416d075f9d631a18f4633267.jpg
    How the Sims Team imagines a native american associated with the new expansion (involved in a drinking scene of all possibilites...)
    9a263a2a242830e3dd0b5e39090d9828191a99b5.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Just the normal worry about lot space and if any lot(s) will be plunked down in the most 🐸🐸🐸🐸 space like the lot in the middle of the road in San Sequoia.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,697 Member
    edited June 2023
    I'm not totally happy with another desert world, I could probably be more excited over another environment as I guess it would contain more variety.

That said, I guess they choose a desert world for horses as such a world might have less animations with less animated trees etc, while horses will probably take up some extra resources. Plus, it mnight look more natural with more open spaces where horses can roam about, than in a more lush world. So, my thought is that I prefer this kind of world if it can prevent lag.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,035 Member
    Join a Thriving Community — Living on a ranch has its moments of peace and solitude, but there’s also a lively social scene. Your Sims can go into town to meet friends at the bar, blow off steam at the dance hall, or train at the equestrian park. They can also host events like cookouts and dances on their own property, and hire a ranch hand to help when the work builds up.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're not throwing in town festivals or anything - those sound good on paper, but everything after City Living has been bad. I just don't think the Sims team can do them right. But most of these can be done in the base game or any other pack. Really sick of the game redoing the same things over and over again and pretending it's a feature.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I'm still not sure what justifies this as an EP and not a GP. I guess I just need to see more.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    After watching the trailer I feel really underwhelmed, and I went in with low expectations.

Sure the horses themselves look well done, but... They were well done in TS3 Pets, which came with dogs, cats, horses, birds, reptiles, a huge world and more.

I see an empty-looking world full of shells which looks pretty but otherwise lacks gameplay. Where have we seen that before...

I was at least hoping for some small surprises such as rocking horses for kids or the mechanical bull, but... Alas.

Obviously this is only a first impression and more details will be revealed as well get closer to release, but at the moment it looks... Shallow.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2023
    Kinda figured it would be, but this is definitely gonna be a "wait till it's on sale" pack. Not too pumped about an entire expansion centered around the worst part of TS3's pets pack.

I was just....so incredibly unimpressed with Cottage Living Part 2-I mean...."Horse Ranch". I can't remember the last time I've seen an EXPANSION pack trailer and thought "Wow...I only want one thing."

And I'm not about to drop $40 just for a nectar maker, when we've already had a really good modded one for a few years now. So I'm either gonna pass on this one or wait till the price goes down.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yeah after seeing the trailer I dont see how this is any different from Cottage Living. Its just horses instead of cows to raise and yet another desert world. It seems so dull.

I dont think I'll be any hurry to buy. Certainly not going to be using my whole wallet for this and since its release is a few days after my birthday I'll probably just ask that this be my birthday present. Plus no sign of unicorns because occult content bad I guess so once again I'll be looking for mods to make it happen.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Its just such a specific theme isnt it? With Growing Together it was easy as the pack intergrated with all kinds of Sims but this one is really just 'pretend you're a cowboy'.
    Not a fan of the CAS and the BB might be too themed as well. Horses are.....ok I guess.
    I do like the mini sheep/goats though and the idea of a hireable ranch hand.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Aside from horses and the animals it looks underwhelming, I’ll wait for a sale
  • Options
    I feel like we didn't get enough about the horses in this trailer. What makes them an upgrade from Sims 3, aside from deeper customization and some different training tools? We saw training for literally five seconds, but didn't get to see anything about the actual competition(s.)

No sign of unicorns.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I feel like we didn't get enough about the horses in this trailer. What makes them an upgrade from Sims 3, aside from deeper customization and some different training tools? We saw training for literally five seconds, but didn't get to see anything about the actual competition(s.)

No sign of unicorns.

I'm almost willing to bet that's where the "upgrades" begin and end. Nothing I've seen, from the trailer to the leaked pack description, suggests these horses will be all that different from the ones in TS3. Except kids can ride them now....So there's one big plus I suppose.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited June 2023
    I'm not totally happy with another desert world, I could probably be more excited over another environment as I guess it would contain more variety.

That said, I guess they choose a desert world for horses as such a world might have less animations with less animated trees etc, while horses will probably take up some extra resources. Plus, it mnight look more natural with more open spaces where horses can roam about, than in a more lush world. So, my thought is that I prefer this kind of world if it can prevent lag.

Of the current worlds we have, with some minor lot changes, Hanford-on-Bagley, and with some serious lot changes/rebuilding, Tartosa could become decent green worlds to ride around. Though the “training arena” might not be able to fit.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,167 Member
    edited June 2023
    They surprisingly didn't show the horses themselves as much as I expected, the mini-animals took way more screentime than they should have for a pack called 'horse ranch'.

I'm very unimpressed, it really does feel like 'here's a 1/3 of Sims 3 Pets with one skill from World Adventures, enjoy.'
  • Options
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »

No sign of unicorns.

I'm almost willing to bet that's where the "upgrades" begin and end. Nothing I've seen, from the trailer to the leaked pack description, suggests these horses will be all that different from the ones in TS3. Except kids can ride them now....So there's one big plus I suppose.
    On the plus side, the official guided tour thingy makes them sound better.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-4-horse-ranch-guided-tour

I know they can only show so much in a reveal trailer, and gameplay details are kept to gameplay trailers. But imo, it's super weird to barely show horses in the Horse Ranch pack trailer, and keep most of the relevant information to a blog post a fraction of fans will see. They could have easily hinted at some of these, instead of having so many shots of sims sitting and talking. But that's more of a trailer complaint than a gameplay complaint.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    caitybee73caitybee73 Posts: 121 Member
    In the trailer as far as I saw they only showed western style saddles for the horses (the kind of saddle that has a horn at the front). To be able to move horses out of the US west an english style saddle and tack for jumping competition/dressage/etc is needed or it would be pretty immersion breaking for horse folks. Hopefully there will be a variety of styles available I just haven't seen yet. Something I liked about sims 3 is that we got both.
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    Not going to lie. I was and am excited about the pack but the trailer definitely was underwhelming.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    I shouldn't have assumed unicorns would be included just because TS3 had them. Oh well. 🙃
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,256 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I shouldn't have assumed unicorns would be included just because TS3 had them. Oh well. 🙃

That's a bummer if there no unicorns.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Not really excited about the trailer.
    the horses look great but I want to know what they can do. Can they be taken to other lots? Can they appear in all worlds?
    the tiny sheep and goats look cute, toddlers will adore them but what do they offer once the cuteness wears off.
    Besides those animals the only thing I could see was nectar.

And most importantly no signs of unicorns. If they don't come with this pack, I guess that means we will never get them in the sims 4.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    the horses look great but I want to know what they can do. Can they be taken to other lots? Can they appear in all worlds?
    the tiny sheep and goats look cute, toddlers will adore them but what do they offer once the cuteness wears off.

And most importantly no signs of unicorns. If they don't come with this pack, I guess that means we will never get them in the sims 4.

Horses are part of the household like cats and dogs so I'm pretty sure you can take them. They'd just be outside. You might, if they have this item, have to edit lots to have something to tie them to or they'd probably wander like cats and dogs. And I don't know that they can get in the house. Myb if you have an arch or a sliding door on the ground floor. But I'm fairly certain they'll come with you. How else could you take them to the events, or training course?

The goats offer wool and the sheep's milk. It's probably that they're cute. And it's milk that lactose intolerant sims can drink. With Eco you could likely make soap. Looks like we don't get the cashmere from them. But sheep wool is different from llama wool so you might get new crafts and different quality.

The blog also said more about horses.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Horses are part of the household like cats and dogs so I'm pretty sure you can take them. They'd just be outside. You might, if they have this item, have to edit lots to have something to tie them to or they'd probably wander like cats and dogs. And I don't know that they can get in the house. Myb if you have an arch or a sliding door on the ground floor. But I'm fairly certain they'll come with you. How else could you take them to the events, or training course?

The goats offer wool and the sheep's milk. It's probably that they're cute. And it's milk that lactose intolerant sims can drink. With Eco you could likely make soap. Looks like we don't get the cashmere from them. But sheep wool is different from llama wool so you might get new crafts and different quality.

The blog also said more about horses.

Sorry I said goats offer wool wrote that backwards. Sheep's wool goats milk. That's why no cashmere.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I love that there is rep for indigenous people, and the goats are cute, but that's all the positives I got from that trailer. I still don't understand why miniature goats/sheep came with this pack. It really feels like they added them to try to qualify this as an EP instead of a GP. I still believe nectar making should've been in MWS, my stance won't ever change on that. I hope the goats at least have depth too. Those kinds of goats love to play and exercise so I hope there's things for them to do in this pack that are interactive and playful.

I agree with what others have said, that the horses seem just like the ones from TS3, so far not much makes them stand out and makes them unique from TS3 Pets EP. I suppose time will only tell once more info and a gameplay trailer releases. As of right now, this seems like a GP, which seems to be a common theme with TS4 pack releases lately.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,427 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »

Unicorns are still possible:

The very best part – Foals can be born on your ranch! That’s right, players can have their Horses nuzzle under the stars to make the perfect little Foal, a combination of both of its parents…and they may even unlock a unique Trait.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    The trailer just proved how little content there is in this pack. They show the same things over and over again.