Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    GuthraielGuthraiel Posts: 8 New Member
    I think all the animal related stuff should have been in cats and dogs. Like just update it as time goes on, cottage living could have just been a stuff pack for it like my first pet
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Hi @yannyunicorn and welcome to the forum :)

I agree, I like the random weirdness of townies. I don't need my game to look like a country club lol
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited May 2023
    I am getting a bit sick of the amount of massive game updates and their frequency. I don't get a lot of time to play so it's frustrating to have to keep waiting for an update to download every second or third time I boot up the game in a row.

The size of the updates is also starting to cause a space problem on my hard drive (last one was 20GB!) and if this carries on I will eventually no longer be able to play the game.

Despite the size of the last two updates, I haven't actually seen much change in my game at all. It seems to me that the updates are more in relation to specific packs that have been released.

I really, really wish the game updates could be optional, instead of a necessary requirement to play the game (which seems to be the case on the EA app. It will not let me play unless I update).

It's nice to have extras and all, but would really like to have been able to choose what I download, as have now ended up with quite a lot of game content that I don't actually use (infants, neighbourhood stories, some of the new items too), all of which is wasting huge amounts of memory on my laptop.

It would be nice if the app could show us what's available to update/download first, give us the option of whether we want it or not and still let us play the game regardless of whether we download updates or not. We don't have an endless supply of disc space on our computers!
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    The Calientes went from "hot" to "hot garbage" in the latest update.
  • Options
    CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    edited May 2023
    I don't relate to complaints about sim's dressing funny or being unattractive, and find a lot of criticisms of townies and CAS creations to reflect... for lack of a better way to say this, sorry, shallowness?

Unapologetically yes, when it comes to sims I am shallow af, lol. Be aesthetically pleasing or die.

• Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    I hate lounges. In my game Sims don't sit to listen to the music and rarely order at the bar. They just gather around the musician or the artist and give money. What is the use of having nice tables and chairs if nobody uses them.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    This may not be a super unpopular opinion but Dine Out, with all its glitches, is still one of my favorite game packs. I use restaurants more than any other community lot type. Bars and cafes are a close second as my most utilized lots.

All that being said, I still have yet to have my sims run a restaurant.

Another (possible) unpopular opinion:
    I don't like rags to riches or challenges in general. They feel too restrictive and I focus more on my sims surviving to be able to build a story.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I actually really like the Caliente's update.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited May 2023

Yep! After Bella, now Dina...

Mortimer is gonna drop his swagger walkstyle real fast.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I'm also quite bothered by this updating of iconic Sims in this version. If they wanted to "fix" premades they could give them seasonal outfits and adjust relationships that make them match their backstories, or tweak their hair, I'm looking at you Dina, not change them completely. I've played this game for 7 years, the premades are like a familiar set of stock characters that appear in every new game . And yes, I know I can replace them with Maxis gallery originals, but the Goth family is not even related to each other in that file!!! Why weren't the makeovers downloads and the originals default?

Ok, I'm not a total purest, I use the 17th anniversary Pancakes as my default. Iggy grows up good looking in my games, the genetic pancake offspring I've had, not so much.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Unpopular opinion:
    I love watching sims cooking or baking, I never get bored by that <3 It is fun to watch them develop those skills :)
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    Diassa wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion:
    I love watching sims cooking or baking, I never get bored by that <3 It is fun to watch them develop those skills :)

It is pretty fun, when they whip out those chopping knives and go crazy with them, spinning one knife on top of the other! Or when they roll a mixing bowl across their shoulders.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    There should be a warning. «Do not do this IRL» ;)
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I don't like it when EA changes the original Sims 4 households with the "updates" on the characters. They should've only updated their clothing and maybe make up, but not change their whole looks and/or traits. :disappointed::-1:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited May 2023
    did I mention it already *not gonna scroll*
    but lets just add unpopular opinion of:

I don't care about new food in the game
    my sims either have very occult specific diets (like sipping sims)
    or then they eat like garden salad 99% of the time
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    Leave the base game hair alone! I love 2014s vibes; vibrant, cartoony and plastic! I don't want an alpha, dry and generic game!
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member

Oh, is that what they did in the last update? That'll explain why I didn't notice any changes. Have never played the Calientes. Again, really wish that could have been optional rather than using up extra disc space for those of us who didn't need that update.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    Leave the base game hair alone! I love 2014s vibes; vibrant, cartoony and plastic! I don't want an alpha, dry and generic game!

yeah, add updated hairstyles all you want but leave the old ones in because sometimes the "updated" version just doesn't give off same look you wanted for your sim when you created them
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited May 2023
    I dislike playing present day. :s Zzz
    I love only playing Historical, 20th Century & Futuristic only. :p;)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    @Thetford I so totally agree with you on Generations. I had the pack but it disappointed me to the max.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @GirlFromIpanema I'm so very sorry you and other console players are still experiencing this. I can't imagine not being able to load up my game and play

I really hope they're working on it and will have news soon.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited June 2023
    Totally unpopular opinion, but I so don't care!
    I so love giving some of my sims most of the occult powers & now with better sim DNA, their babies can actually be born true hybrids. Yipee!! :pB);)
    No Mods, no CCs, no Mccs. Just Vanilla!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top