Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs you don't use at all?

Comments

• Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I don't think that I own a pack that I don't use at all. If it's something I won't use, I don't buy it. There are quite a few packs that I want to more widely explore though.
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    bowling stuff and vampires. i've used them in the past but lost interest quickly and haven't returned to them. vampires is well made imo but i'm not into occults so the disinterest was inevitable.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I use all of the packs I have which is almost all of them (no HSY, no Batuu, not many kits). I play rotationally and different families do different stuff. I enjoy trying to use all of the content and while I may not manage with that attempt I do use all packs for sure.
    Nushka wrote: »
    Movie hangout, the Sims kept making and burning the popcorn and letting it sit to rot, the projector screens break down in the rain and, while there's some really nice sofas and pouffs, they're pretty loud and I have hardly ever used them.

And the 'movies' are just the same stuff that's on the TVs, just a bigger screen. Had hoped for something longer. Too bad there isn't a way to plug RL movies into it.
    What do you mean they are the same? You can watch the movies that came with the pack on TV too, but the movies themself are really good and they're also longer than base game TV shows. There's Simder, Moonlight Massacre etc. Don't know maybe you just don't like them, personally I like them a lot :)

It is a matter of expectations. Tried the pack when it came out, response to 'movie' was, "Over already? Same as movie on TV?" At a minimum, a movie should be 1.5 sim hours, 2 are better, with the occasional 3 hours. Not done anything with that pack since. I don't do TV in RL, so not in simland, either, other than those in community lots EA made.
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Most of them. I use cas and BB from them but that's about it. They make everything so complicated in an effort to make it seem like the gameplay is more interesting than it really is. I don't even load Seasons. I think everything they've done lately is horrible. And players praise them for the most awful garbage. They ask for pointless stuff too. In spite of that I enjoy the more "normal" gameplay. And I love the vampires and werewolves, best stuff ea has ever done in my opinion. They dropped the ball on ROM though, ugh.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    So, hey everyone! There is apparently a bowling alley in this game. I've never seen it, seen screenshots of it, or used it. I know I own it.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 519 Member
    I try to make sure I use all the packs I have - which is most of the game and expansion packs (except the most recent) and a few stuff packs. I don’t have any kits except the one we were given for free. I play rotationally and have at least one played household in each of the habitable worlds, and those households will try to focus on the theme of that world (so DSV families do acting/fame, Evergreen Harbor families are into eco stuff, etc). They all go on holidays frequently to the vacation and other worlds. I also have a list of which Sim is working on which career and aspiration, the aim being that I’ll eventually have played through all of them. I do something similar with skills (I have each Sim targeting specific skills beyond the everyday ones) so that I don’t forget some of the less obvious skills. I love all the content the packs bring and I don’t regret buying any of them - though I do only ever get them on sale.

And I really love Dine Out! I’m sad that some players find it too buggy to use - I have restaurants everywhere and meals out are frequent occurrences in my game. I used to have the problem of the chefs hanging around outside and not doing anything, but I learnt that that can be fixed really easily by resetting them. So when my Sims arrive at a restaurant, the first thing I do is to find the chefs and reset them (I think it’s from the menu you get with shift+click, with testingcheats enabled?). They then get on with their jobs more or less immediately, and my Sims can get on with finding a table. Of course, they don’t always stay sitting down at their table :) But I find that just slightly annoying and work round it - it never ruins the occasion.
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    @FreddyFox1234 i love dine out too. it needs a refresh and it is buggy but there are workarounds like resetting as you noted. i've always used restaurants in my saves. i highly recommend carl's dine out reloaded mod. his mod made me break my "no mods" rule. it makes restaurant gameplay what it should've been and includes a lot of bug fixes.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,988 Member
    edited February 2023
    Get famous, its like the pair of pants you once bought and never wore at this point !
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Get To Work is utilized the least for me...Never use the careers, my Sims always "Go to the hospital" alone and I never interact with Aliens or go to Sixam anymore.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    The camping one. It's not my idea of fun.

Some of the CAS I use, but never gameplay.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2023
    Journey To Batuu. I don't even use the items.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have bought or been gifted every single pack TS4 has to offer with the exception of four kits. Of those I own, I can't think of any that I haven't used at least a few assets in them. They all bring something to the table to make my gaming experience more enjoyable. Granted, some more than others, but I've played with or used something in all of them.. I bought these packs or requested them as gifts because I wanted to play with what they had to offer. Why would I have a pack I wouldn't use at all? It would just be a waste of money and RAM usage possibly contributing to lag otherwise. :)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »
    Get To Work is utilized the least for me...Never use the careers, my Sims always "Go to the hospital" alone and I never interact with Aliens or go to Sixam anymore.

Forgot about that one. Tried it once as a very brief experiment shortly after it came out. Only other time was when I wanted to play one of own sims and she was at the police station. Must have been some sort of background thing while playing a different sim. Was curious so checked it out. Sim had nearly full police functionality and could roam the lot at will. That was several years ago and not happened since.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    I like to play active elements of the medical career in GTW now and then but I rarely use the police or scientist careers - I think the police one might be somewhat bugged, and aliens (my least favourite occult in the game) constantly show up if you play an active scientist. I enjoy playing actor sims in Get Famous but that one has been bugged for me as well so I've had to use it sparingly.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Only one I don't use is the modern "menswear" kit. Got it for my female sims but since it doensn't show up in the female categories I forget it exists.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    Emmy142Emmy142 Posts: 23 Member

I've actually been creating my own legacy challenge, making myself use worlds and aspirations that I have never used or rarely use. It has actually been kind of fun but I'm moving on to Glimmerbrook next and I have never done anything with the magic stuff, so this will definitely be interesting. The other one is Eco Lifestyle, while it is one of my favorite packs for build items and stuff, I turned off the game play of it. I find it too intrusive. I do plan on putting that in my challenge, so I'm kind of scared lol

• Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member

I was gonna say Moschino but I use the camera if nothing else. Wait is that actually the one from Island Living? Idk, I also sometime used their photo studio.

I have all the packs, even those kits, and in truth, the only ones I don't use are the Star Wars pack. I just don't get it. I was never into the franchise, I got it so that my sims could go on vacaction, but I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do. (I miss World Adventures. 🥲)

As well as, not using the clutter kits. I tried it. I've never been a builder, but the YouTubers had me Convinced that I could do it. That reason my homes didn't look like their homes, despite spending hours on them whenever I broke down and built something, is because I didn't know how to utilize the clutter. I didn't need it. And the bathroom clutter kit was a disappointment in many ways. But I did get cute wall decals. And since they're one of the few decorations I give my kid sims, I was glad to have them.

But everything else I use, have used, or probably will use if I haven't yet but probably already did.

Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member

Get to work, get famous, jungle adventure and outdoor retreat - I own these but I haven't downloaded them. I'd only add them again for the CAS/build items. But I have no intention to. Packs I don't own is werewolves and vampires as it's just not the style I enjoy

Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

I use them all, though with J2B I haven't tried the gameplay yet, but the BB is great for industrial builds/machinery.

Even Luxury Party SP - I use the buffet tables at party venues like Pools/Wedding Venues etc and use a couple of the dresses for wedding gowns. It still has my favourite eyeshadow (both smoky and metallic).

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    There's nothing I own that I never use, but I haven't done much with DU despite having had it for a few years. I had decided that I would send the 4th generation to university first, and between the size of my rotational save and the number of breaks I've had from the game in the last year and a half I haven't gotten those kids to the YA stage yet. So I have a ping pong table on a lot or two and visit the world now and then but other than a brief time playing the Pleasant sisters in a test save to see how it worked I haven't touched the main gameplay of that pack.

I don't own Dream Home Decorator or Tiny Living because I'm not into building and decorating enough to spend the money. So I don't use those. At this point I'm planning to buy HSY in time for that 4th generation to go to playable school before university, so I don't use it yet but in theory we'll get to it sometime this year. The infants are probably going to slow me down though.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    And I really love Dine Out! I’m sad that some players find it too buggy to use - I have restaurants everywhere and meals out are frequent occurrences in my game. I used to have the problem of the chefs hanging around outside and not doing anything, but I learnt that that can be fixed really easily by resetting them. So when my Sims arrive at a restaurant, the first thing I do is to find the chefs and reset them (I think it’s from the menu you get with shift+click, with testingcheats enabled?). They then get on with their jobs more or less immediately, and my Sims can get on with finding a table. Of course, they don’t always stay sitting down at their table :) But I find that just slightly annoying and work round it - it never ruins the occasion.

I agree! Everyone seems to complain about how buggy the pack is, but all I do is reset the chefs and then I have no issues. It's really strange how so many simmers are having major problems with it.

• Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    I posted here before, and want to clarify the packs that I don't really use.
    Some Sims packs were included in the sets, where they have an Expansion packs, and like three stuff packs. I got bowling stuff in one, and kitchen stuff in another one. One included Romance stuff.
    I think overall, I use the Bowling stuff pack the least. With the other packs I use the CAS items, but have not used really any bowling stuff. Even fitness stuff I don't really use, but I use the CAS clothes for athletic things for my Sims.
    I use the occult type stuff the most out of all my packs, but have been trying to explore things I haven't used yet in other packs. Like the wishing well, and a few other things in other packs.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    None. I usually use them all at some point.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,703 Member
    I use bits and pieces of all that I have. So much so I can't even tell you what came from which pack! For the ones I had no interest in, I simply didn't purchase those. Why waste the money, eh?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    I recently got Get to Work and so far have only used the BB. I’m hoping I’ll enjoy the careers at some point but the retail system is less useful than I thought and I don’t care about aliens.