Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs you don't use at all?

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Nushka wrote: »
    Movie hangout, the Sims kept making and burning the popcorn and letting it sit to rot, the projector screens break down in the rain and, while there's some really nice sofas and pouffs, they're pretty loud and I have hardly ever used them.

I used the movies since you just need a tv .
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    Easily Vampires they left out everything you would want from vampires
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    A lot of the stuff packs. The movie one, the ice cream one, kitchen, backyard, luxury party, kids room....

I think I use all the expansion and game packs. Even if it's just moving the people into the worlds. I don't own any kits.
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

I thought they were improvement over 2and 3 personally.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 892 Member
    I don't own every pack, or kit.
    I have all the game packs except for Wedding stories, some stuff packs except for the patio stuff one, all the expansion packs except for High school, and only three kits,
    I use all the CAS items from the things I own, but most of my stuff packs I don't really use.
    I try to use as much as I can, but I still haven't used all the things I own, yet.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 801 Member
    I love the idea of laundry, but I don't have time in the game to keep up with it, so I delete it. I did not buy the dust kit because I fear having the same problem. The days are not long enough to fit in all the possible activities that I would like to perform. I often have chickens, rabbits, and birds for socialization, and knitting, bees, insects, fruit and flowers to use for gifts. They take up a lot of time. The scarecrow will help with the laundry, but not consistently enough to keep the laundry from piling up.

I have purchased a lot of packs that I have not had time explore because I wanted a specific BB or CAS item immediately. I don't even know what I am not using.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,922 Member
    I definitely use at least the BB and CAS from every pack that I've bought. That being said, I've probably used Batuu the least, and I've never played all the way through the gameplay, though I might someday. I only played through the Strangerville story once, but I think the world is gorgeous, and I definitely use that, as well as a lot of the clothes and architecture. I've never used any of the DHD gameplay, and probably never will, as it doesn't interest me at all, but I do like some of the BB objects that came with it.

Aside from those three, I have used the features from all of the other packs pretty extensively. I play rotationally, so some households will lean more heavily toward some packs than others, but there are lots of little quality of life issues that carry through.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited January 2023
    I don't think I incorporate any game play elements from discovery university into my saves. I regret buying that pack. I don't like cats and dogs that much either, the cats were not that interesting. I honstly forget about them sometimes even though one of my households has a few ones, but I can't say I fully regret that one yet because I still haven't tried the vet career. Hopefully it improves my opinion and usage a little bit.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    i dont use a lot of them. mostly werewolves n vampire packs. i have all ex an gps but dont play them.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,035 Member
    Like most here, I use at least a little from all my packs/kits and I have them all installed.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,043 Member
    Movie hangout, the Sims kept making and burning the popcorn and letting it sit to rot, the projector screens break down in the rain and, while there's some really nice sofas and pouffs, they're pretty loud and I have hardly ever used them.

And the 'movies' are just the same stuff that's on the TVs, just a bigger screen. Had hoped for something longer. Too bad there isn't a way to plug RL movies into it.
  • Options
    acdoobacdoob Posts: 6 New Member
    I haven't bought a lot of them but the kits seem pretty pointless. Wish they would bring the stuff packs back.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited January 2023
    I use all of the packs I have which is almost all of them (no HSY, no Batuu, not many kits). I play rotationally and different families do different stuff. I enjoy trying to use all of the content and while I may not manage with that attempt I do use all packs for sure.

And the 'movies' are just the same stuff that's on the TVs, just a bigger screen. Had hoped for something longer. Too bad there isn't a way to plug RL movies into it.
    What do you mean they are the same? You can watch the movies that came with the pack on TV too, but the movies themself are really good and they're also longer than base game TV shows. There's Simder, Moonlight Massacre etc. Don't know maybe you just don't like them, personally I like them a lot :)
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I own every pack and kit released for the Sims 4. If we’re talking gameplay, I don’t use any features from Vampires, Realm of Magic, Werewolves, or Journey to Batuu. From that list, I’m sure it’s fairly obvious that I don’t play occults.

However, I do use CAS or BB assets from the packs listed above. I even remember purchasing Journey to Batuu purely for one of the masculine jackets. Yes, I purchased an entire game pack for a jacket :D It was worth it to me!

I think that’s why I’m rarely negative regarding new sims 4 content — I know that I’ll find something that I like, even if it’s just one thing.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 801 Member
    I didn't use the icecream machine until I learned about the diet flavor that makes sims lose weight when they eat it. If a household puts on a lot of weight when I was not playing it, it is convenient to remedy that with a few bowls of icecream. I wonder how many things we don't use because we do not know they exist or have not taken the time to learn to use them.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Probably Vampires and Realm of Magic in terms of "I use absolutely zilch of it".

Journey to Batuu is a close second. I played through the storyline once. Rey and Vi were eventually saved as townies (with their hidden traits intact), and that's about as far as it goes now.

Strangerville I played once. I love the world, and often have my Sims living in it (despite its small size). Dealing with the storyline is another problem. The lot where the secret lab is located needs an update in a patch to that it can be freely edited once 'Free Build" is on. Otherwise, it's a complex mess of mods and cheats needed to do so. Eco Living I use a few bits and bobs from, but never any of the gameplay, and my Sims rarely visit the world.

Strangerville and Journey to Batuu both suffer from the same problem--there just isn't much to do once you finish the storylines. The worlds aren't large, and they don't have a large number of lots. Journey to Batuu should've been part of a larger Star Wars-themed EP encompassing the entire franchise (and especially doubling down on the Original Trilogy), as opposed to basically what was a cross-promotion for an attraction at Disney theme parks.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I haven’t played with Jungle Adventure since it came out. I always forget about it and it never goes with my stories I play. I really want to go through it again. I want to go through all the packs thoroughly.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member

Improvement over Sims 2 and 3 vampires but still not good I also felt 2 and 3 vampires were also poorly done now a major factor in me enjoying vampires would be a way to hunt them down not just vampires living in the world where every Sims treats them like a normal Sim they are a supernatural and should behave differently.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 266 Member

Despite how much flack I give TS4, in my opinion, TS4 Vampires are not only the best form of vampires in the series, but one of the best packs in the entire game in nearly every way. For Maxis, that pack was lightning in a bottle in so many ways.

Vampire weaknesses came during a time when some people were sick of their Sims being so perfect, uninteresting, and feeling like the same. They allowed you to include flaws in your Sim, which gave them depth. As an example, the weaknesses affecting thirst meant your Sim was more blood-thirsty than others and you could decide if they were the kind of Sim that embraced it, or with the Guilty Drinker weakness, hated it. And the occult points menu was considered revolutionary at the time for Sim occults. No previous iteration of Sims had such a stylized menu for their powers nor a means of choosing how you progress those powers.

Even the little details in the gameplay. In TS3, I did not like that feeding on someone was just a quick bite on the neck. TS4 fixed this, your vampire actually feeds with well-done sound effects too. It was all very well-made. My only gripe that I can think of is that some powers feel pointless. Mist Form is Bat Form without the bat. Removing the garlic weakness is very cheap and can easily lead to garlic being ignored entirely, making me wonder why the garlic weakness is even in the pack, but eh.

The marketing was superb as well. We knew exactly what we were getting and it was not done in a way that suggested we had to play the story they wanted. It was just showcasing new content we could play with and do as we wished. No woke crap, no forced story-telling. It was fantastic.

Admittedly, I'm a bit biased as I enjoy occults, but that pack is still, to me, a great example of what Maxis is capable of with TS4.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 266 Member
    Back on topic, of the packs I have, probably... Get Together. I hardly touch the club system, though perhaps I should give it another chance. I like Windenburg as a world too, but I hardly make my Sim visit it. Probably because in my head, I like to imagine certain worlds being connected and Windenburg doesn't feel connected to most of them to me.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 764 Member
    I rarely use vampires. I tend not to play occults and I don’t use the bb or cas either.

Outdoor Retreat. I don’t remember the last time I used this pack. I never use the cas or bb.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    I really want to go through it again. I want to go through all the packs thoroughly.

This is how I play the game now. Just take one pack at a time and try to do all the gameplay, aspiration, collection and build a lot, use the CAS, live in the world etc then move to the next one. I think it will take years though, the game is much bigger than it seems!
  • Options

Improvement over Sims 2 and 3 vampires but still not good I also felt 2 and 3 vampires were also poorly done now a major factor in me enjoying vampires would be a way to hunt them down not just vampires living in the world where every Sims treats them like a normal Sim they are a supernatural and should behave differently.

I agree if they acted differently, but they if are hanging out and acting normal.Why would they be concern .
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 644 Member
    For me, its the Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires, and Dine Out are the 4 packs I can say that I use the least. I'm not very heavy into the occult and very rarely use that in my storytelling so it is less common for me to create occult sims and play that way. Dine Out is still very buggy and it takes way too long for my Sims to get a meal when going to a restaurant. Strangerville kind of felt like a one and done style because the completion of the story made the replayability low.
    Check out my Youtube channel where I create life simulation gaming videos including content about the Sims 4! MellowGamerChick YT
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I use a bit of every pack I own and have different files for occult-specific and normal play. But, when it comes to a specific game play mechanic a pack offers, I don't use the restaurant feature in Dine Out because the chef would get buggy and waste time standing outside.