Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    Wish we could do sleepovers with children
  • Options
    I can see why toddlers can't have sleepovers but children should be able to
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    @ZoomerGirl I usually just go to manage households and move in my kid's friends for a sleepover or weekend visit, Then back they go.
  • Options
    Lol too much of a hassle for my liking, plus a lot of the time when my sims have kids I just fill up the household.
    Right now I just have kids friends locked in the house so I essentially kidnapped them
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    @Velvet_Lilies Since you’re Open to mods, you should try the teleport mod and Andrew’s pose player. Even without pose player, you can use the teleport mod (with sim autonomy off) to force a sim to stand in an exact place turned whichever way you need them. With pose player, you can play in-game animations and download more poses for storytelling. TS4 Poses on tumblr is a great starting point. Their master list has tutorials on how to use and install the mods.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    HavenRose wrote: »
    @Velvet_Lilies Since you’re Open to mods, you should try the teleport mod and Andrew’s pose player. Even without pose player, you can use the teleport mod (with sim autonomy off) to force a sim to stand in an exact place turned whichever way you need them. With pose player, you can play in-game animations and download more poses for storytelling. TS4 Poses on tumblr is a great starting point. Their master list has tutorials on how to use and install the mods.

Don't need a mod to Teleport. Just have the Sim you want to move activated then Shift/Click where you wish them to be and select Teleport. Works like a champ.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    Don't need a mod to Teleport. Just have the Sim you want to move activated then Shift/Click where you wish them to be and select Teleport. Works like a champ.

True, but just shift/click teleporting is less precise if you want a sim to face a certain way. If you alt place the teleporter, you can force eye contact no matter where the other sim is.
  • Options
    CharityCodesCharityCodes Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2023
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »

While not technically a sleepover, you can invite children to vacation with you and not invite their parents. My suggestion would be to temporarily move your household to an empty lot and set their home lot to a vacation spot. This would stop sims from going to work or school, but you can end the vacation if you want them to go.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member

While not technically a sleepover, you can invite children to vacation with you and not invite their parents. My suggestion would be to temporarily move your household to an empty lot and set their home lot to a vacation spot. This would stop sims from going to work or school, but you can end the vacation if you want them to go.

To add to this, if you're not on console and not opposed to mods, I think LittleMsSam or KiaraSims have a sleepover mod. I can't remember which one exactly. I think Sam has a "Spend the weekend with" mod and KiaraSims has the sleepover event mod. I could be wrong on the names though.
    The "spend the weekend with" mod basically sends anyone in your household to a rabbithole. When you're ready to have them come home, you just call them back with the option on the phone. The Sleepover event, works like any other party in-game.
    I've used both in the past for different purposes.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Velvet_LiliesVelvet_Lilies Posts: 56 Member
    > @HavenRose said:
    > @Velvet_Lilies Since you’re Open to mods, you should try the teleport mod and Andrew’s pose player. Even without pose player, you can use the teleport mod (with sim autonomy off) to force a sim to stand in an exact place turned whichever way you need them. With pose player, you can play in-game animations and download more poses for storytelling. TS4 Poses on tumblr is a great starting point. Their master list has tutorials on how to use and install the mods.

Thank you for replying! I have both of these, I usually use the pose player to play in-game animations (the pose by name function with the animation list names provided by Andrew) but I rarely ever use custom poses.

The sim teleporter is a life saver! It's true that mods aren't needed to teleport sims, but some of the game animations that can be used with the pose player are made to be used on a seat (applied to a standing sim, he'll just sit down on air if there's no chair underneath) and the teleporter is great because it can teleport sims absolutely anywhere, even in the middle of an object/bed/anything that the in-game system wouldn't allow.

The "look at" thing I was wondering about would be nice in subtler cases, for example, say you're writing a story that happens in high school, and you have two sims sitting on opposite ends of a classroom and you'd like one to look at the other from across the room, which sims rarely do unless they're talking to one another and in that case there's also the over-the-top talking animations, in other words goodbye "silently daydreaming about my crush" effect lol.
    To be honest though, I feel like I've looked everywhere and there just isn't anything like it! But I'll survive :wink:
    na3uewksu9ny.png
    My Tumblr • • • My first story: "The New Kid" ←
    • • • • •
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    There is some kind of mod that adds a sleepover as a social event. I think littlemssam? I have it! So when I want my sim kids to sleepover I simply start the event :)
  • Options
    adriannajfadriannajf Posts: 1 New Member
    I accidentally placed a roof and i deleted it but now the grid is stuck there and it's hard for me to place flooring. How do I get this grid to go away?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Hi @adriannajf and welcome :)
    You can hit the G key to toggle the grid display on/off.
    If what you really want is to put the floor on a different level than the level where you currently are, you need to use the level up/level down keys to get to a different level. Those are the up and down pointing triangles at the top right of the screen, by the walls display control.
  • Options
    My poor sims keep shivering cause I dont have a thermastat, and I'm just like "yep guys I feel your pain" (my house is cold and my power bill due right now is like 450.00, and thats with the heat barely going past 70 degrees every so often)
  • Options
    I kinda wish there was an option with showering like "shower and change into . . . "
    Sometimes I make my sims shower kind of like how you do in real life, like before a date, right after work, right before bed but then they change into thier normal cloths which isnt really a problem but then its a lil annoying when you wanna have them showr right before bed and then normal outft and you change them
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I kinda wish there was an option with showering like "shower and change into . . . "
    Sometimes I make my sims shower kind of like how you do in real life, like before a date, right after work, right before bed but then they change into thier normal cloths which isnt really a problem but then its a lil annoying when you wanna have them showr right before bed and then normal outft and you change them

I've never even thought about that before. That would be really handy actually.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited January 2023
    Hi again. I need to buy one of the animal packs so I can construct my little doggy. He's a Jack Chi, a cross between a Chihuahua and a Jack-Russel terrier.
    I see there are two options... the cats and dogs pack and the "My first pet" option. Which one could I best use to render my dog? I'm not really concerned about the other aspects of those two options. Just my dog, water and food dispensers, and a leash. Thanks for your recommendations.

Like someone lose mentioned cats and dogs have dogs. But I honestly think the my first pet packs is one of my favorite stuff packs. It does have extra clothes for dogs and cats, and I believe it also had additional dog/cat beds too ( but I’m not sure about that), you can check out the build, buy. Being a stuff pack, it also comes with a couple of new hair styles, and some children and toddler clothes as well. Plus you can actually do homework for children by having them do actions with their hamsters, rats, etc. I think it might be the study option. There is also a disease that can affect sims and have them die in my first pet stuff if you don’t keep their cage clean. ( there is also a cure ).

I would love to see more pets in the sims 4, birds, and then also some one tile pets ( similar to frogs and insects ) snakes, tarantula, lizard, water turtles, and hermit crabs, that children can play with and feed. I also wish children could play with and feed frogs and insects.
  • Options
    I wish there was an easy way to remove skills, not just set to level 1. I would love to do a high school save with my current favorite sims but they are way too skilled for high schoolers. Some of them were townies or premades so unfortunately they already had skills before I started playing them.

Could you make a twin of them in CAS? Everything would be new in the twin.
  • Options
    studpoet1 wrote: »
    I don't know where to put this. I have found that I cannot save and exit anymore. It causes my MacBook pro to freeze. I am not technical so looking up how to fix this has been really frustrating. I don't have an understanding of files and whatnot so most of the "fixes" are over my head. Any idea how to fix this without all the techno gobblygook?

You might want to make a separate question of this. Some simmers are very tech savvy and may be able to help. if If it’s a bug, another simmer or a sim guru can give you the link to the site where you can put it down as a bug so they know about it.
  • Options
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Is the moschino tripod bugged? I’m trying to take photo of 3 sims and it’s not doing it - one will go and set the timer and the others will all stand around waiting for photo. I’m sure it worked for me before though.

Is there any trick to it or another way to take photo of 3 sims?

I used it recently on the Karaoke Legends household and it worked the best for me than it ever has. I didn't do anything different from all the other times. I did have to make sure Miko could go around the camera. I also tried it with the Bheedas and Jesminder couldn't get around the camera after setting the timer. I finally just gave up and had her take a selfish with Arun.

Yeah I think it’s just not working wonderfully with more than 2 sims. I read that it goes better if you buy those marks as well so I will try that! Or get a fourth sim to take the photo :). Thank you!

Yes, I always use the marks with the camera…
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I wish there was an easy way to remove skills, not just set to level 1. I would love to do a high school save with my current favorite sims but they are way too skilled for high schoolers. Some of them were townies or premades so unfortunately they already had skills before I started playing them.

Could you make a twin of them in CAS? Everything would be new in the twin.

I grabbed a Townie once, if you follow my stories, you would know her a Kayleigh. Yes, you can generate an identical twin. I made her two sisters so that they would be identical triplets in my story. Yes, CAS gives them the look, but not the skill set. Best of luck.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    It would be nice if they gave us a quick cheat for vendors to show up. Tired of giving them 100 simoleans.
  • Options
    EbsEbs Posts: 3 New Member
    I am thinking about making Twilight inspired saving and seriously considering to buy the Werewolf pack
  • Options
    GeekyCurlzGeekyCurlz Posts: 5 New Member
    I know there's a cheat for this but why can't I just build in the dorm rooms the same way if my sims was in a house or apartment? It's a hassle sometimes having to type in cheats to simply place a lot from the gallery onto the existing dorms :/
  • Options
    GeekyCurlzGeekyCurlz Posts: 5 New Member
    Businesses: Why can't there be an option for sims to live on their business? I know many of us just throw a bed and living necessities onto the lot anyways so it's easier to stay on the lot, but if they have to go to work the game will give you a loading screen and back to the original "home" lot. If there was a way to just have the home property also be the retail/restaurant/vet lot and not have to transfer business funds every time, it would make my gameplay so much more fun!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top