Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seventeen & Maldusk: A Supernatural Soap Opera

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,926 Member
    Great chapter! :D

hehe the bathroom scene was hilarious :P
    How could Tre even get done that big mess in one day???

<3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    @mightysprite Tre lucked out and found someone who can handle his level of energy, and silliness.

@Ellupelluellu Making a mess that big is easy. I'm wondering how he got it cleaned up so fast.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited December 2022
    Tre is adorable! :D

Then again maybe I’m glad I’m single and don’t live with a partner like that!
    Post edited by NRowe on
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 791 Member
    I'm happy to see that the issue with linked pictures was resolved, new chapter!

Tre is a really funny character to read, but it's also very easy to understand the perplexities and worries of Tristan. That's a big mess to deal with after a long day XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    @NRowe and @HermioneSims Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed the chapter.

Tre is quite the handful. But Tristan seems to be able to keep up. At least Tre will clean up after himself... when bribed with food.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Bribery and corruption is fair game with animals and small children; and apparently one cute blonde man child! ;)
  • Options
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,753 Member
    Chapter 10
    Early morning catch-up reading! I misread that as “his wife is crazy busy these days” and my brain immediately went to all kinds of drama, lol. Right. Onto the chapter!

Ah, business management. Well, if nothing else, it’ll be useful for immediately figuring out that IF he opens a business, he needs to outsource that side of it to someone who does enjoy it. Trevor himself? Seeing how he’s the one that talked him into it, he might enjoy doing it himself, who knows.

Popcorn incident? Oh dear 😆 Whoa, hang on. Used to have a circle of friends before he met Trevor? And the guy doesn’t even tell him when he spends the entire evening somewhere else? That’s… hm. Holy cow what a mess in the apartment 😆 Reuben would throw an absolute fit if he saw that, I bet. Luckily Trevor lives with Tristan and not with Reuben.

Hm. I’m... not entirely sure if I like Trevor. He’s fun and interesting and whimsical. But he’s also entirely too casual about walking all over Tristan to get what he wants. Tristan said he’d made a deal with him just now, but Trevor cleaning up what should have been cleaned up with no questions asked and Tristan spending hours in the kitchen when he’s already tired and needs to study does not sound like a proper deal to me. Back to business class, Tristan. You need additional lessons is recognizing bad deals. 😆
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    @_sims_Yimi Thanks for reading! I enjoy your comments.
    I misread that as “his wife is crazy busy these days”

And being me, I had to go and double check that I didn't make an actual typo. :lol:
    Reuben would throw an absolute fit if he saw that, I bet. Luckily Trevor lives with Tristan and not with Reuben.

:joy: Reuben would never be able to handle living with Tre. Someone would probably end up dead.
    Hm. I’m... not entirely sure if I like Trevor. He’s fun and interesting and whimsical. But he’s also entirely too casual about walking all over Tristan to get what he wants. Tristan said he’d made a deal with him just now, but Trevor cleaning up what should have been cleaned up with no questions asked and Tristan spending hours in the kitchen when he’s already tired and needs to study does not sound like a proper deal to me. Back to business class, Tristan. You need additional lessons is recognizing bad deals. 😆

This is a very good analysis of Tre and Tristan. The relationship does seem rather lopsided in Tre's favor.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @GlacierSnow
    Ohhh, I am thoroughly loving this story so far! It's brilliantly written in my opinion. I don't recall ever reading a SimLit combining comics style along with written text. You can seamlessly switch back and forth, use one exclusively or even neither and make the story flow. Your comedic timing is impeccable too! @Ellupelluellu recommended I read this and I'm so glad she did! I read every chapter in a marathon reading session today and felt crushed when I reached the end. What!? That's it? NOOO! Bravo! Obviously, I'm eagerly looking forward to reading more.

Thank you so much for sharing your story here. I read a lot of SimLit in the past, but haven't had much time for anything other than my own challenge. But, this is the last month in the second year of it and it's likely I won't do it again in 2023. I've put a lot on a back burner I want to revisit and finish, along with tons of gameplay from packs I've had a long time, but haven't played yet. Plus, I miss reading good SimLit, like yours. I think Ellu recommended a winner in that regard, without a doubt. <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52 Thank you so much! Delighted to have another reader join in. I'm glad you are enjoying it so much. Hopefully it will continue to entertain you. :smiley:

And thank you @Ellupelluellu for recommending my story!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Chapter 10 <3
    Tristan may sometimes worry about Tre. I don't worry about him as much as I wonder... He's high energy with a chaotic cheerfulness, but something's a bit unsettling about him. He's stacking cardboard on the stove and has fireworks in the middle of a kitchen... he seems either really lucky to not have died in some accident by now or his chaos is more controlled than it seems. He also seemed more manipulative than thoughtful towards Tristan in this chapter. I hope their relationship is more balanced than it first appears, but at least it's clear that Tristan is really smitten with him. :) Great characters.
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    Chapter 10 ~
    Darn Tristan, I love that you are so dedicated but you need to slow down once in a while! The 'popcorn incident' made me chuckle : P I don't think I'd trust Tre cooking toast, let alone popcorn : P I love the chin-up shot of Tristan listening to Tre's ramble like '🐸🐸🐸🐸 that's crazy bro' XD Tre's a little different to most and I know Tristan worries about him but it's really so sweet that he hasn't given up on him, and he doesn't tell him to be quiet. Okay I would NOT want to...you know...next to that skeleton in the bathroom! Maybe Tre needs to try and pipe down just a little for boundaries reasons, but I really do love that Tristan accepts his quirks instead of forcing him to change.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Thanks for your comments!

@haneul
    He's stacking cardboard on the stove and has fireworks in the middle of a kitchen... he seems either really lucky to not have died in some accident by now or his chaos is more controlled than it seems

:lol: Some people are just really, really lucky.

I like your description of "high energy with chaotic cheerfulness". Tre is definitely a loose canon. As we saw in Reuben's chapter (Chapter 8) it isn't only Tristan that Tre cheerfully steamrollers right over the top of, though, it's pretty much everyone.

@SnowBnuuy
    I don't think I'd trust Tre cooking toast, let alone popcorn

:joy: Me neither.
    Tre's a little different to most and I know Tristan worries about him but it's really so sweet that he hasn't given up on him, and he doesn't tell him to be quiet

I think this is at the heart of what attracts Tre to Tristan, at least. Tre is the kind of person who really wants to be around people a lot and be extremely social, but because he's sort of chaotic and overly enthusiastic, probably a lot of people find him to be a bit much. Tristan lets him be himself.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Chapter 11 is ready!

Main page link

Chapter index link

Ion gets frustrated.
    SAM-C11-Ion-Chap-Link.jpg
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    I love Ion <3 Hang in there, fella.

PS great clubwear
  • Options
    @mightysprite The "party" outfit is one of my favorite Ion outfits. :smiley:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited December 2022
    Chapter 11
    Aw, poor Ion. Homesickness is always hard to deal with. I haven't quite been on the other side of the galaxy, but I have been on the other side of the world, cut off from everyone I love, and it really hits hard at times.

Omg that look on Paladin’s face 😂 priceless. Oh gods, he’s going to a night club? That will… well. That’s going to be interesting, isn’t it? Gods, I am simultaneously very worried and already gleefully anticipating the chaos 😅

Also, Kerbal Space Program! And Spore! And PORTAL! I approve, I heartily approve 😁 I hope the other aliens never give GLaDOS a chance to take over, though. Ever.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    @_sims_Yimi Thanks for commenting!
    I haven't quite been on the other side of the galaxy, but I have been on the other side of the world, cut off from everyone I love, and it really hits hard at times.

Same here. Ion's emotions while trying to understand and function in a new environment, away from everything familiar, are very much based on personal experience. Both the highs and the lows.
    Oh gods, he’s going to a night club? That will… well. That’s going to be interesting, isn’t it? Gods, I am simultaneously very worried and already gleefully anticipating the chaos 😅

:naughty: I can't imagine that anything could go wrong. Those guys leaning on the fence look super friendly.
    Also, Kerbal Space Program! And Spore! And PORTAL! I approve, I heartily approve 😁

Kerbal Space Program is one of my husband's favorite games. We used to play Spore together too, trying to outdo each other with the craziest creatures.

And the Portal games (especially Portal 2) are the only puzzle type games I every really enjoyed. Mainly because of the hilarious snarky narrators, I think. And those killer tripod turret-robots with the adorable little voices. :lol: Definitely my kind of humor.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 791 Member
    Yeah, new chapter!
    The intro about the amalgamation way of being a travel agency gave me strong "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" vibes, and so that this book is in my all times top three I definitively approve! I'm not sure I would be brave enough to participate in any of those travels...

Ion's homesickness and realization of being unable to really understand others really hit close to home instead. I didn't move so far away from my home place, it was just 200 Km or so, but there was a border and a change of language in between... and the passage from the first weeks when everything seemed so cool and shining, to the first bad days in which I felt like missing everything back home was really strong back then. Hold on Ion, I think that by keeping exploring the place it's the best you can do now.
    And good luck with the first attempt at a nightclub, I really don't know what to expect right now...

P.S.
    And the mysterious girl with the camera was there again, will they ever talk to each other at some point?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,926 Member
    edited December 2022
    great episode as always :p
    Poor Ion!
    LOL at "100% alert and on duty" .... Paladin looks like sleeping to me :P
    Awww... Paladin, calm down, "when in Rome, do as Romans do" put that on your databank :D;) Poor Underfoot omly wants a friend and lil love..
    <3
    Ion, nightclub? in that "covering"? :D

Thanks again for brilliant episode <3
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    Chapter 11!
    I love the idea of a space travel agency. Get wildly ripped off...but in SPACE! I love the Zabrak and Twilek as well, and I'm glad they remember to give you parasite protection pills XD and the surgery for if you meet an alien on your holiday who's SO NICE you want to have their babies immediately, Legacy Challenge style : P I laughed so hard at the length of the bill oh my gosh XD MY HEART BREAKS! DON'T BE SAD ION ;-; Poor thing. I love Paladin's '100% alert and on duty' XD I love Paladin looking down on the dog like 'INFERIOR CREATURE!' Can't wait to see how Ion gets on in the night club XD
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Thank you all for your great comments! You really cheered up my day (since my husband and I have both come down with bad colds). I needed something to smile about. :smile:

@HermioneSims

I love The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy! Douglas Adams has been one of my favorite authors for a very long time.

Seems that Ion's homesickness is relatable to a lot of people (myself included). It's rough being away from home for the first time, especially when there are language, culture, and climate differences to contend with, and you're so far away it would be hard (or impossible) to go home for a quick visit. Ion's just realizing how rough that might be. But you're right that continuing to explore will probably help. This may just be a short rough patch for Ion this time around.
    And the mysterious girl with the camera was there again, will they ever talk to each other at some point?
    Maybe she's just really, really, really shy.... :lol: You know, so shy that she's.... uh.... taking pictures... and... hmm. :confused: Maybe not.

@Ellupelluellu
    LOL at "100% alert and on duty" .... Paladin looks like sleeping to me :disappointed:

:open_mouth: What!? He's totally alert. He's a psychic bodyguard alien-cat of course. He can monitor everything with his eyes closed. :wink:
    Poor Underfoot only wants a friend and lil love..

Underfoot knows what's really important in life.

@SnowBnuuy

That extra-long bill was the very first piece of cc that my husband ever made for me (about four years ago). I told him I wanted "some kind of bill, that looks alarmingly long" and that was what he came up with. I about fell over laughing. I made the poses to go with it, and that screenshot is still one of my favorites.
    I love Paladin looking down on the dog like 'INFERIOR CREATURE!'

Yeah, I don't think Paladin is very impressed by Underfoot. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Great chapter! I sooo <3 this story.

Anticipation level for next chapter … very high
  • Options
    @NRowe I'm so glad you are enjoying it!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg