Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What can you look forward to the Sims 5?

bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
If the Sims team or Maxis is already in the developing stage of the next generation of this game, many players are already excited and suggesting some of the things they want to see and play in the 5th installment of The Sims.

I for one have a suggestion. If they make the Sims 5 a multiplayer online interaction with other players I just wish the Sims can also be online to everything including interactions where they can freely interact with virtually anything as the players wish in different "REAL WORLD" languages like English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, etc. wherein the players can type or input what the Sims characters will speak or say and the actions of Sims can also be done by multi players interacting together.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited October 2022
    That’s ambitious. But I love the fact that sims are not us, and they have their own language. That fact is one of the reasons this game CAN transcend language barriers.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,194 Member
    I am excited aleast now the corlor wheel has returned.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    The Build/Buy looks much more customizable than Sims 4, being closer to Sims 3, and hopefully the game is built to run solely on 64bit engines so I hope it performs better than Sims 3.

Cooperative build buy is really amazing though. Would want to play that with my sister.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    The textures look deeper than in TS4. I have missed that.
  • Options
    IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    From the looks of it, it seems that it approaches TS3's customization style a lot and I'm happy about that. What would be hard to do but really cool is having sims with height difference. And of course open world is a must (or an open neighborhood at least).
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Seems like you can play solo. That was a dealbreaker for many people
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    shinshinshinshin Posts: 6 New Member
    looking forward to the create a style and i'm glad I can play solo
  • Options
    Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    I was scared thinking that Sims 5 would be strictly multiplayer. It looks like we'll still have the option to play solo. I'm happy about that. I look forward to the color wheel and customization. I've really missed that from the Sims 3. Looking forward to future reveals about Project Rene.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm waiting to hear more about the sims. Not so much a builder--I focus on legacy stories and realistic play, so I hope TS5 has a lot of stuff to do like TS4--but with more interesting sims. Hacking TS2 to make it more open world with modded 3t2 and 4t2 content takes away from game play--I hope that with the average 32GB memory these days, they can make a game that doesn't require conversions from other games to keep it new and fresh.

I have always said TS3 (CAS and open world) + TS2 (Sims wants/fears, full animations with objects and other sims) should be added together to make TS5. I still feel that way, but definitely would like them to do a similar approach as TS4 where they give the sims a lot of different things to do and lives to lead.

No more emotion buffs please :s I hope sims will actually express through facial features and animations how they feel like TS2. Remember when mum worried about the kids? Or when sims with low aspirations and motivations had nightmares while sleeping? Bring that back and I'll be an early adopter. Otherwise, I'll wait this go around to play TS5 and let other simmers deal with the frustrations of the game growing into itself.

Multiplayer is a big turn off for me--so thankful that solo worlds will be maintained. My sims are monotheistic ;)

I also hope that they do more collaborations with common brands--I really missed the IKEA pack (thanks to the 2t4 modder who gave me all my MALM furniture back!) and would love a fast food or family chain restaurant collaboration... even if I wouldn't eat the stuff myself!
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    My one suggestion is that if they decide to use the color wheel for hair, eyes and skin color, that they figure out how to make it work in conjunction with genetics. There's no point in me choosing brown hair highlights and violet eyes in CAS if that means my sim's kid might come out with weird green highlights and yellow eyes in game.
  • Options
    Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    I did not expect a next gen sims game announcement even when i posted that maybe it could happen i was just joking but im still shocked lol, Gosh what do i wanna see,.... You know lol i miss when the sims hair would move, Id love to see hair physics return in sims 5 Yaaaas make it happen Maxis!!!!!

Also want cars back please make it happen, Also miss in sims 3 you would get pop ups telling what your friends had done in they're game.. :)o:)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    No more emotion buffs please :s I hope sims will actually express through facial features and animations how they feel like TS2. Remember when mum worried about the kids? Or when sims with low aspirations and motivations had nightmares while sleeping? Bring that back and I'll be an early adopter. Otherwise, I'll wait this go around to play TS5 and let other simmers deal with the frustrations of the game growing into itself.

In TS3 I once noticed that if there was thunder then children will seem nervous. It is only a small feature but it is there. It was fitting that the child went upstairs as well by themselves so it might have just been a coincidence but if you had a game that was tweaked enough like that then you could get some real reactions a lot of the time.

Kid scared of going upstairs by themselves in the thunder? That is realism!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JustinPhoenixDLCJustinPhoenixDLC Posts: 42 Member
    I'll be interested to see how it progresses especially since they claim to be taking a huge influence from the community.

I know these things are difficult to implement, but I'd like to see different heights for sims as well as disabilities.

As for game play. I want to be able to own multiple lots, actually "run" a restaurant as the chef, and open world.
    Please bring disabilities to the Sims 4!
    Gallery ID: JusGaminDLC | YouTube Channel
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited October 2022
    Honestly I can't

guess its nice they share it early n such so people hopefully get to tell them what is and isn't gonna be received well

but ive been camp pls no ts5 forever
    and none of which i saw have pulled me out of that camp

(I've really no interest in phone games, platforms aside from pc all together tbh or pinterest houses simulator ...even less on multiplayer games)

I'm afraid ts4 might indeed be the last iteration this hag is gonna play

which looking at the bright side is probably almost a good thing maybe I'll finally get a life after ts4 is over instead of obsessing over my sims

i get this odd sense of closure maybe it is the fate indeed that once my ts4 is explored there is no more to explore
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2022
    Lots of things.

First and foremost, that it's developed properly and that it will not be limited and downgraded just so they can run it on a mobile phone. I hope the game will be developed to run with open world, create a style, etc. and also be able to showcase larger areas with lots of sims for PC and Mac. The mobile phone version will probably have limitations but the PC/Mac version should not have those limitations.

It should still support modding and enable us to play it in single player. We don't know about modding but they pretty much confirmed with the information on their blog that we will be able to play it in single player. "Players will have the choice to play a single player experience or collaborate with others through online multiplayer across supported devices through cross-platform play."

I'm hoping that objects will be smaller and less clunky, the assets they used in the video might suggest that this could be the case (although those assets are more than likely not final), the objects they placed in build mode had some smaller items on them. They were also able to place the items close together at different angles they were also able to customize them, like adding additional pillows.

I would prefer for the the game to be a bit more realistic and less cartoony, they have improved the "clay hair" a lot in the sims4 but I would prefer more detailed hair if possible.

I really would prefer if worlds would be more open and larger with some sort of travel, I was not a fan of the loading screens in the sims 4. I'm hoping they are looking into open world mechanics, or open and larger neighborhoods with different kinds of travel like cars and buses.

The game should support more than 20 sims on a lot, if the game could do that then places like schools, concert halls, clubs etc. would feel much more alive.

Lastly, I really hope that they are looking into better townie generation, no more sims that are dressed horribly walking around, let them use saved outfits or improve the way that they are generated.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2022
    I just hope they focus more on the gameplay this time around, instead of just aesthetics and playing pretend....I am a bit scared of what multiplayer and mobile might do to the single player experience, those features could harm the single player experience and make TS5's gameplay even more dumbed down than TS4 at launch, but we'll see.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Year one of Sims 5, a nothing, nothing game.
    Year 4 of Sims 5, still looking for fun packs that aren't in the game.
    Year 8 of Sims 5, way too buggy & still missing stuff in the game. :s:s:s

NO THANK YOU. :( I'll just stick to my Sims 3 & 4 thank you very much. ;) Also, so looking forward to getting Disney Dream Valley on PC. :pB)
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Lots of things.

First and foremost, that it's developed properly and that it will not be limited and downgraded just so they can run it on a mobile phone. I hope the game will be developed to run with open world, create a style, etc. and also be able to showcase larger areas with lots of sims for PC and Mac. The mobile phone version will probably have limitations but the PC/Mac version should not have those limitations.

It should still support modding and enable us to play it in single player. We don't know about modding but they pretty much confirmed with the information on their blog that we will be able to play it in single player. "Players will have the choice to play a single player experience or collaborate with others through online multiplayer across supported devices through cross-platform play."

I'm hoping that objects will be smaller and less clunky, the assets they used in the video might suggest that this could be the case (although those assets are more than likely not final), the objects they placed in build mode had some smaller items on them. They were also able to place the items close together at different angles they were also able to customize them, like adding additional pillows.

I would prefer for the the game to be a bit more realistic and less cartoony, they have improved the "clay hair" a lot in the sims4 but I would prefer more detailed hair if possible.

I really would prefer if worlds would be more open and larger with some sort of travel, I was not a fan of the loading screens in the sims 4. I'm hoping they are looking into open world mechanics, or open and larger neighborhoods with different kinds of travel like cars and buses.

The game should support more than 20 sims on a lot, if the game could do that then places like schools, concert halls, clubs etc. would feel much more alive.

Lastly, I really hope that they are looking into better townie generation, no more sims that are dressed horribly walking around, let them use saved outfits or improve the way that they are generated.

All of this, plus no mandatory online for single player, and plus a reasonably complete base game. I don't mind purchasing a stream of expansions, but they need to be new types of expansions. I won't start with a simplistic base game that needs 5 or 6 EPs just to get back to the current gameplay options. I've done that 4 times now. I won't do a 5th.
  • Options
    jellybelly_3jellybelly_3 Posts: 75 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Year one of Sims 5, a nothing, nothing game.
    Year 4 of Sims 5, still looking for fun packs that aren't in the game.
    Year 8 of Sims 5, way too buggy & still missing stuff in the game. :s:s:s

NO THANK YOU. :( I'll just stick to my Sims 3 & 4 thank you very much. ;) Also, so looking forward to getting Disney Dream Valley on PC. :pB)

I agree! I think that "Project Renee" should just be an update added to the sims 4
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Nothing. The Sims 5 won’t be a game I consider buying because the Sims 4 isn’t worth playing as it is…

They are now in a situation where they are going to have to give me every single little thing I want BEFORE I’m on the fence about the franchise again.

After the announcement of Project Rene, I feel completely betrayed… there’s no chance in >:)>:)>:)>:) I’m buying the Sims 5 without them doing something so extreme that it changes my mind.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,403 Member
    Unreal Engine as EA's game development standard.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

In TS3 I once noticed that if there was thunder then children will seem nervous. It is only a small feature but it is there. It was fitting that the child went upstairs as well by themselves so it might have just been a coincidence but if you had a game that was tweaked enough like that then you could get some real reactions a lot of the time.

Kid scared of going upstairs by themselves in the thunder? That is realism!

Yes please!
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited October 2022
    Seeing the gameplay, it looked like an upscaled TS3 and I'm actually quite pleased. There also seemed to be support for solo-play and I'm pleased about that too. While I (and many others) have been burned too many times with TS4, I think I'll keep an eye on Project Rene. Build mode looks interesting in it too and I hardly build.
  • Options
    MagicPigeonMagicPigeon Posts: 13 New Member
    Getting free dlc from Paralives ❤️
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Interesting to see the development of Sims 5.
    I'd want to make sure it had safeguards in that it won't allow younger or vulnerable Simmers to be trolled, swamped by other more powerful Simmers who appear to form a clique of their own very shortly after the arrival of any iteration.

The power to play privately without interference would be the first thing I would look for in any game I play now.