Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are puddings ugly?

Do you know what a pudding is? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPvY1PwVE4k

Are puddings ugly? 64 votes

Yes
17%
JasedanacnbrettjillbgBabykittyjadepandie00SimmingalPerti23ignominiusrexsimmeroriginks0BuildMode 11 votes
No
71%
Emily4331Rflong7jaletu2005suetoopmcruddMamaSimTeePeachesnDucksParyCororonArchivistalanmichael1BluelleDarkLady2788Mikezumi4eee5emorrilldothesmustleduhboy2u2mw1525benson2006 46 votes
Other
10%
Deshong04KarritzInfraGreenCAPTAIN_NXR7KevinL5275Elisetomtanezumi 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,363 Member
    No
    I like my pudding :wink:n7ZTRtc.jpg
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    No
    They aren't ugly, but they are boring. :tongue:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2022
    Yes
    meanwhile some people are good pudding artists I still do not like the pudding medium it reminds me of plastic and goo I demand definition
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    Other
    They can be a bit boring at times but not ugly.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited October 2022
    Other
    Well..."Ugly" sounds quite intense.
    I personally think their appearance is more appealing with a heap of CC. :D

GF.jpg
    Boyfriend material.
    Dude02.jpg
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited October 2022
    Other
    No, I think Harley Quinn is a nice looking woman, even if she's crazy. :D

Seriously though, it depends on the sim. Most of the EA-generated townies are nice, but the ones the game generates after a few weeks of game play can look hideous. Thank goodness for NRaaS and its genetics!

Good job on your video ZeeGee! :mrgreen:
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Other
    I don't mind sliders all at zero for a Sim or a few Sims, but where the issue lies is when the illusion of diversity gets stifled by a bland gameplay mechanic which creates Sims that look the same in the face when newly generated as townies and/or NPC's. Mostly if not always using the same presets. For me that becomes a problem but instead of changing every single townie/NPC, I usually just edit the ones who get involved with my Sims since I'm not interested in adding any mod which will cause more work for the CPU, thus slowing down my game's performance. Especially as I notice how many townie's/NPC's can easily get generated too often. (Then again if that was originally a feature that may be why they axed it.) There's definitely a flaw in that system when Sims keep moving around from role to job to whatever frequently. I wish they had given the player a lot more freedom and options to control gameplay and its features with all the details.

One of the Sims I edited from:
    Screenshot-8.jpg

To:
    Screenshot-10.jpg

=======

CC may help the appearance of preset Sims but overall they all still look the same in the face on a foundational level. I see clones...clones everywhere.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited October 2022
    No
    I'm not sure if I understand what "pudding" sims are supposed to look like. lUeinTc.jpg
    Introducing the very generic "Lisa Smith"...as generic a name as I can come up with off the top of my head. (all sliders set to zero...including body sliders)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,363 Member
    No
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    They aren't ugly, but they are boring. :tongue:

@Emily4331 @Karritz They are boring because there are so many of them! I actually made a bunch with no cc for a video and that 'same' look got old.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Is she a pudding? Her chin looks too short to be a pudding but maybe it's just the angle or the expression. She's very pretty. The cc sure helps their looks, obviously my pudding sim is loaded with cc.

@KevinL5275 Lol and thank you. :) Totally agree on NRaas genetics.

@Deshong04 She's lovely. I agree that there are too many of them generated by the game. Clones is the perfect word! I'm actually writing a pudding story using the 'clone' theme.

@Nikkei_Simmer She's cute! Some people have used the 'pudding' term for ALL sims 3 sims but the technical definition is the 'all sliders set to zero sims that populate your world with EA story progression.' Simmers that call all sims 3 sims puddings are prejudiced, imo. :lol:

I usually play my game locked down with no story progression, no aging, and no townies allowed to move in. I played a trial legacy game on short lifespan and by the time there were grandkids the town was full of puddings except for an occasional townie who hadn't died off yet. I can see how, especially when the game first came out, simmers would be bored by all the puddings.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    No
    I've grown rather fond of the puddings over the years. They're not always beautiful, but can be, not always ugly, but can also be that. They'll always hold a special place in my heart :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    No
    No, but they can have that same-ish look that can be boring. A little makeover can do a lot. :smile: Your pudding sims look great.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    No
    I find puddings endearing in their puddingly goodness <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    No
    I agree with @Emily4331 in that they are not ugly but are boring. When I see a zero slider position I can't help myself and have to change it! I don't change the default sims that appear in my town because they can't do any damage as they can't pollute the town's genetic pool. I do find myself getting annoyed when they approach my sims on public lots and I later find them in my sims' relationship panel but it's just a matter of a couple of clicks with MC and they are gone!
  • Options
    Other
    ZeeGee wrote: »

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Is she a pudding? Her chin looks too short to be a pudding but maybe it's just the angle or the expression. She's very pretty. The cc sure helps their looks, obviously my pudding sim is loaded with cc.

Ah, I was under the impression that all sims in Sims 3 are puddings. Maybe I misunderstood. 😅 In that case, what is a pudding?
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Maybe I misunderstood. 😅 In that case, what is a pudding?

This may come as shock, but pretty delicious :p
    qknpXS4.jpg
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    No
    lemon-pudding.jpg
    Lemon pudding's my favorite. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Other

Ah, I was under the impression that all sims in Sims 3 are puddings. Maybe I misunderstood. 😅 In that case, what is a pudding?

Its mentioned in ZeeGee's video. A pudding sim is one with all their sliders set to 0, which is the default.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    tanezumitanezumi Posts: 15 Member
    Other
    well, its a cute look
  • Options
    Other
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

Its mentioned in ZeeGee's video. A pudding sim is one with all their sliders set to 0, which is the default.

Aha! Thank you. I didn't realise that a video was posted. The device i was on at the time did not show it as such. I just saw an image and thought I knew the answer. I was actually proud of myself for knowing the answer. How wrong I was. 😆

Well in that case... my sims are far from puddings. I have a slider addiction.
    Do I find puddings ugly? No. I find them delicious.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    No
    My sims tend to not stay puddings for very long unless deliberately left so.

Take that evil/mean-spirited bag Mayumi for instance (the sim I started out with was pudding, but with manipulating sliders, I ended with that scary bag). owUJdKa.jpg
    She's a typical narcissist... ~smirk~
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    No
    Pudding reminds me of the average Joe. They're the plain Jane's and John's of the Sims world. Not everyone has distinct features. After all, there's only so many variations in facial features our genes allow before we get repeats. :wink:

In a way, Pudding sims are kinda realistic. Plus, it allows my own Sims to stand out. It's like movies, TV shows, and other video games where background characters/npc are unremarkable in appearance compared to the main cast and important characters.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Yes
    I'd say they are "bland", because they need lots of cc and some tweaking...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    No
    Nope, and I never understood why they got so much hate, either.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Yes
    They remind me of the original Smurfs, with a song about how they "all look the same, all look the same" and that same, is ugh.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited October 2022
    No
    @StephSteb I think the main reason they get so much hate is, not because they are ugly but, because they can soon overrun your town (and main household) if you play a save for a while without mods and if, as some players do (I am guilty of this in my early days of simming), you marry unedited service sims, game generated sims or IFs into your household over the generations. (Eeek! I hope that sentence makes sense. It's late and I am tired!)