Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best university major for a supersim

For once I am calling in your help to decide what to do with my sim. I am currently playing a supersim who is completing all aspirations. She has already done 27 aspirations and built up quite a few skills along the way. The next on the list is the university aspiration but I don't know what major to pick. I want her to do one degree, or perhaps two (one in each university). I have no plans on doing them all with this sim. Which degrees are fitting for a sim who is an allrounder who wants to do a little of everything. There are too many for a poll so I am asking with one.

The possible degrees are:
Art History
Biology
Communications
Computer Science
Culinary Arts
Drama
Economics
Fine Art
History
Language and Literature
Physics
Psychology
Villainy

Comments

• Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Things Sims do which relate to their classes are like extra credit, so I'd choose one that's related to a skill she does for fun. Cooking/Culinary Arts, Writing/Language and Literature, etc.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,996 Member
    My picks would be (the two i sent my supersims to do) :p

Communications at U Brite

Psychology at Fox U
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,900 Member
    edited September 2022
    CrazyFrog wrote: »

Psychology at Fox U

What did your psychology major do upon graduation @CrazyFrog? I ask because I have a Sim that I wasn’t sure about future career and they got into distinguished psychology degree. To keep on original topic: this Sim is my attempt at a super or ultimate Sim. A sort of legacy founder if you will. Her name is Regina and I want to be flexible job wise.

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,358 Member
    Either of Economics, History and Language & Literature. My reasoning is that the Academic aspiration requires Research & Debate skill, and being enrolled in one of those gives you Research & Debate classes, so you can level that skill as part of your daily homework.

If you already have that skill, then I'd suggest picking a major that allows you to skip the entry levels in careers that you don't enjoy playing but have to finish anyway with your super sim.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    NRowe wrote: »

Psychology at Fox U

What did your psychology major do upon graduation @CrazyFrog? I ask because I have a Sim that I wasn’t sure about future career and they got into distinguished psychology degree. To keep on original topic: this Sim is my attempt at a super or ultimate Sim. A sort of legacy founder if you will. Her name is Regina and I want to be flexible job wise.

I chose psychology for the one i made Diamond Agent. The first one i did, and also for professor, a different sim i did recently. Its the only social science at Fox which is just my personal preference (like irl lol), butthe Economics suggestions would be my 2nd choice at Fox, i sent a few sims to that program recently for the Environmental Manager career when i bought Island Living. Its a good suggestion, the three careers it leads to are interesting.

The thing to remember and i had forgot about that, is the careers a major is associated to, like @EnkiSchmidt mentionned here above, they are listed in the link i placed in the spoiler tag. Thats where i goto when i wanna choose a major for all my sims. :)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,458 Member
    NRowe wrote: »

Psychology at Fox U

I chose psychology for the one i made Diamond Agent. The first one i did, and also for professor, a different sim i did recently. Its the only social science at Fox which is just my personal preference (like irl lol), butthe Economics suggestions would be my 2nd choice at Fox, i sent a few sims to that program recently for the Environmental Manager career when i bought Island Living. Its a good suggestion, the three careers it leads to are interesting.

The thing to remember and i had forgot about that, is the careers a major is associated to, like @EnkiSchmidt mentionned here above, they are listed in the link i placed in the spoiler tag. Thats where i goto when i wanna choose a major for all my sims. :)

I know how majors are related to the jobs. I usually have a look at Carl's site mentioned in the link to choose. But my current sim has explored different careers already so I don't know which direction to take with her anymore. She already reached the top of the criminal career, writing career, the mixology career and the military career to complete aspirations. Well the military career is not exactly a requirement but fits in nicely for the strangerville aspiration.
    Either of Economics, History and Language & Literature. My reasoning is that the Academic aspiration requires Research & Debate skill, and being enrolled in one of those gives you Research & Debate classes, so you can level that skill as part of your daily homework.

If you already have that skill, then I'd suggest picking a major that allows you to skip the entry levels in careers that you don't enjoy playing but have to finish anyway with your super sim.

Good point about the debate skill. It is one of those skills she hasn't mastered yet. I will take a look at what jobs she has yet to complete to see if there is any matches.
  • Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    What are her traits? That's a good way to pick what degree to do.
  • Options

Why do you quote my answer to NRowe ? I dont get it with the quotes ! This is really annoying... sorry
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,458 Member
    edited September 2022

I never based a major on trait. My sim is cheerful, creative and a maker, bonus aspiration trait is collector. What major would go with those traits? I would say either fine arts (musician (entertainment career) or painter) or physics (engeneering career or civil designer)
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I never based a major on trait. My sim is cheerful, creative and a maker, bonus aspiration trait is collector. What major would go with those traits? I would say either fine arts (musician (entertainment career) or painter) or physics (engeneering career or civil designer)

An alternative method could be to look at the distinguished degrees could can do at both unis (I assume, since she's a super sim, you'll be wanting the best degrees), each of the degrees a number and roll two random numbers, picking your two degrees that way?