Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves: What Features Would You Like To See?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    Also, can we finally have some sort of occult fan/skeptic trait? If they think "no cuz it's too "mean"" or something... bruh, we can have sims who hate children.

I don't usually care about getting new traits, but I like this. Sims can hate children, be paranoid enough to participate in conspiracy theories, and although not a trait, they can talk about how they admire or fear vampires. There may be some other things similar to those already, and it would seem like a natural expansion of those things to have "pro" and "con" type traits and interactions for other occult types.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    Good customization, traits/skills system similar to Vampires with morality choices etc (Spellcaster skill tree was really disappointing to me, too easy and lacking flavor) and overlap with other Occults and packs like Cats & Dogs. I find it disappointing how there's really no special interactions between different occults. Also, can we finally have some sort of occult fan/skeptic trait? If they think "no cuz it's too "mean"" or something... bruh, we can have sims who hate children.

I'd rather have likes/dislikes for individual occults. A sim might dislike aliens after being abducted and probed, for example, but be fine with mersims etc.
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    Hopefully they'll implement some sort of toggle for occults with this. In addition to compromising with realism players, I'd also like to be able to see Occult Sims actually ACT like Occult Sims.

Why expect a toggle to be added now? Well... something tells me that they won't be able to as easily pull an "out of sight, out of mind" with Werewolves, since I doubt they can control their transformations.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll implement some sort of toggle for occults with this. In addition to compromising with realism players, I'd also like to be able to see Occult Sims actually ACT like Occult Sims.

Why expect a toggle to be added now? Well... something tells me that they won't be able to as easily pull an "out of sight, out of mind" with Werewolves, since I doubt they can control their transformations.

The Werewolves gamepack will have a toggle to disallow them to roam other worlds in beast form if you want to restrict them somewhat, but I doubt that'll keep their human forms from going wherever they please.

Edit: I mean it will be a toggle for the wolf form, not all other occult secondary forms. I haven't heard yet whether or not any similar toggles will come in the patch for other occult types.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

The Werewolves gamepack will have a toggle to disallow them to roam other worlds in beast form if you want to restrict them somewhat, but I doubt that'll keep their human forms from going wherever they please.

Edit: I mean it will be a toggle for the wolf form, not all other occult secondary forms. I haven't heard yet whether or not any similar toggles will come in the patch for other occult types.

It could also just mean they don't spawn in beast form. They might still turn beastly if their Fury maxes out after spawning.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

It could also just mean they don't spawn in beast form. They might still turn beastly if their Fury maxes out after spawning.

True. I don't suppose they've built in an automatic "go home" buff in case a werewolf accidentally transforms while they're out and about in townie mode. :lol: But then again, they might've done. I have no idea.
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2022

True. I don't suppose they've built in an automatic "go home" buff in case a werewolf accidentally transforms while they're out and about in townie mode. :lol: But then again, they might've done. I have no idea.

This toggle for Werewolves sounds like a good idea, but I'd also like toggles for the other occults.

In case anyone got the wrong idea, I'm actually not a strict realism player. I love occults. So I'd like to be able to increase the amount of occult activity. (In particular, I'd like for Spellcasters anywhere to be able to engage in the same behavior they do while in the Magic Realm.)
  • Options

This toggle for Werewolves sounds like a good idea, but I'd also like toggles for the other occults.

In case anyone got the wrong idea, I'm actually not a strict realism player. I love occults. So I'd like to be able to increase the amount of occult activity. (In particular, I'd like for Spellcasters anywhere to be able to engage in the same behavior they do while in the Magic Realm.)

Oh, I agree. I very much enjoy the occults I like (there are a few I do not like), but the player being able to better control their own preferred amounts of occult activity would be awesome. I have some saves that are less occult-oriented by choice, and some that are pretty much taken over by occult life states, also by choice. :lol: The problem is that I all too often have to fight the game to try and get things to go my way.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member

I totally agree about spellcasters. I would love to have npc spellcasters act like spellcasters outside of the dark magic realm.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I decided to revisit my original list for my hopes/wants for a werewolf pack. I was already super hyped and quite happy with all what was coming to the pack/base game prior to revisting this thread, but I was just curious to see how many of my hopes actually made it into the official pack and quite a few did actually. :blush:

Things that made it are bolded and things that didn't are scratched out. If they were left untouched, it means I didn't quite catch whether they made it into the pack or not.

Pack Features
    - Skill/power and weakness tree similar to the one that comes in vampires. (There doesn't seem to be any selectable weaknesses but I suppose we could consider fury and temperaments to be weaknesses, which if I'm being honest I like more for Werewolves specifically anyway. I wasn't able to catch the actual powers so I'll leave this part untouched for now.)
    • Enhanced Strength
    • Enhanced Senses
    • Night Vision
    • Rapid/Increased healing
    • Tracking
    • Increased Stamina
    • Higher cold tolerance (ie they may only need cold weather clothes in freezing weather and not cold+freezing)
    • Ability to control their transformation more than most Werewolves
    • Ability to talk while in their transformed state (instead of just growl/howl/etc)
    • Silver immunity
    • "Pheromones'" - Similar to vamps having the ability of "vampire allure" werewolves could have a similar way of attracting Sims via a "scent"
    • Third form in addition to the human form and default transformed form.
    And Weaknesses
    • Emotional transformation - (ie if they become very tense, or very angry it forces a transformation?)
    • Silver
    • "Wet Dog smell" - opposite if the pheromones
    • Uncontrollable howling while transformed. (could be very annoying to household members)
    • Pain/discomfort (basically an uncomfortable moodlet) after transforming back into human form
    • Forced Transformation when low on energy

- Full moon transformation being "forced" despite whatever level the wolfie is
    - Some canine like quirks, like getting buffs/interactions to "howl at the moon" or "sniff inappropriately" or even "growl" at Sims they don't like. (Maybe not these exact quirks, but they can "mark their territory" so I classify this as being a win enough for me)
    - A Werewolf Lore skill learnable by all Sims
    - Werewolf specific lot traits
    - A recipe or artifact of some sort that can be crafted with high enough lore skill to control some of the negative werewolf affects
    - A new foresty type of world.
    - Some sort of cross compatibility with Cats and Dogs Unless you want to count fur painting being brought over.
    - "Craving" for meat - via a buff when they're close to transforming for the first time. (the livestream showed us a werewolf having insatiable hunger right before the transformation)
    - Confident/Happy Buff when around any werewolf they have a positive relationship
    - Negative buff around any werewolf with negative relationship (ie "rival pack") (there are definitely rival packs but I couldn't catch whether or not being a member of a rival pack affects the relationship between the two sims or not.)
    - Learn fitness skill at a faster rate than other sims
    - Chance to "lose" their clothing while transforming like Sims sometimes do when jumping off the diving board. This happens during, at the very least the first rampage.
    - Chance to knock over Sims while in wolf-form or "hurt them" in some manner by accident. (It doesn't have to be deadly or anything, but may result in a relationship decrease or the other Sim to feel uncomfortable) (Maybe not quite to the degree I was hoping for, but rampaging werewolves can and do often scare other sims while rampaging.)
    - Werewolves with the "good" trait could feel sad or "very sad" when this happens?

Pack Features or Base Game Update
    - Lunar Cycle with multiple moon phases (even if just New, Crescent, Quarter, and Full. The Gibbous phase would be nice of course, especially since Werewolf Sims could start feeling tense when it's the Gibbous.) It would probably be too much to include both waxing and waning features of Crescent, Quarter, and Gibbous so I think simplifying it to just having each phase last one night each would be fine. BASE GAME UPDATE!!! We don't know how Werewolves will react to non full moon phases yet, but we have all 8 phases of the moon in the lunar cycle and it's customizable!!! Way better than I could ever hope for!!! Especially since it affects all occults and I was hoping only for werewolves and spellcasters.

Basegame Update
    - (Western) Zodiac Signs. - A person's main/primary zodiac sign is called their "moon sign" in Western Astrology so it would make sense to include zodiac signs around the same time as moon phases. Not this time. But hopefully we get some in the future.
    - Body Hair - I think at least few options of body hair should be added in a basegame update so they're not locked in a pack only, but perhaps a werewolf pack could expand upon these options and give us more? Similar to what happened with nails and the spa day refresh. We got a few options in base game and then some additional ones in the actual refresh. Confirmed (future) base game update, it just doesn't correlate specifically with the Werewolves release.

Overall, I got quite a few of the things I was truly hoping for and even some things that I wasn't expecting such as the crosspack compatibility with RoM and Vampires which is a huge plus in my books! I am very happy with what we're getting and I really can't wait until it's released now.