Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonwood Mills Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    Thetford wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I've counted all the happenings in Moonwood Mills & there's not going to be much room for residential lots because there's the local Library, 2 different Alpha Packs hangouts & the local outdoor vendor bar park. That just only leaves 1 residential lot left.

I think the hangouts are rabbitholes, trailer house type buildings. The library I really hope it's a fancy name for a bar because middle of the woods, among logging factories is no place for a library.

And I'm not sure if the bus bar is actually on a lot, or if it is just placed in the world like the Realm of magic vendors.

I’m unsure about that too. But they mentioned that James Turner was the one that did the bar lot.

I believe they mentioned he made the bunker lot, though it is unknown if that is a bar, hangout, library house etc. I'm assuming that the bar bus is something that isn't on a lot.

From the blog post

“Head on over to talk with Celene López, the owner of the Grimtooth Bar and Bunker, one of the lots built in partnership with community creator James Turner”

I think it’s one lot.

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I got Twin Peaks vibes from the world and I love it.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    edited June 2022
    I think its looking good so far. I think James Turner was a good choice as a creator as he has done some awesome warehouse style builds on YT and seems pretty good at that whole abandoned aesthetic. Not sure about LilSimsie though...she seems more like a surburban build kinda gal to me! They should of gone with FakeGamerGirl, that kind of grungy, disused, scary vibe is right up her street.

Just hoping that the world isnt too werewolf centric TBH. Some of the worlds feel so pack specific that you end up not using them, but so far this one looks good.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I've counted all the happenings in Moonwood Mills & there's not going to be much room for residential lots because there's the local Library, 2 different Alpha Packs hangouts & the local outdoor vendor bar park. That just only leaves 1 residential lot left.

I think the hangouts are rabbitholes, trailer house type buildings. The library I really hope it's a fancy name for a bar because middle of the woods, among logging factories is no place for a library.

Why not? A good public library is one of the corner stone for education in general.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2022
    logion wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how people feel about this one, 1 neighborhood and 5 lots is not a lot. They say that they have tried to make the neighborhood very big so it will not feel like an issue but I'm not sure how well that is going look or run. I hope that they spent time optimizing routing so sims are spawning a lot and hanging around at certain spots, otherwise I think it will feel pretty empty.

There are also supposedly two werewolf packs hanging around...uh...on 5 lots, which means that they need somewhere to live. So yeah...I'm skeptical.

The design of the world is kinda nice, I would have liked to play a lumberjack in that world.

If that is the case, then that is sad as it goes back to what I wish was available to me and I still intrigued but not too happy as I like to maximize in a neighborhood on my terms and not EA/Maxis terms as it decreases my creativity and not increases it. So, I am forced to spread an idea in another neighborhood that I may not want to. As expected, EA/Maxis gives you something, but you have to make concessions on what they give.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Who knows if the premade wolf packs even occupy any of the lots. Maybe they're just NPCs in Moonwood Mill, similar to the sages of the Magic Realm, and technically homeless until you move them in with your own sims. It would even make sense for them to live in the wild, given that they're werewolves.

But besides that, I still wish the world had more lots. The old "it's a GP, and other occults didn't get bigger worlds" argument doesn't fly with me because I was never happy with those being so small either, although I guess Vampires can be forgiven because it was the first GP to even introduce a residential world. We've been conditioned to think of five lots as an acceptable standard when it should be the bare minimum. I'm not a game designer, so maybe someone could enlighten me, but is adding just a few more lots really that difficult and/or time-consuming? They might as well leave them empty for us to build on if they don't want to do it themselves, most of the pre-built houses suck anyway, but it would make it so much easier for players to build up the societies they want in a given world without having to resettle half of their families to other too small worlds, going completely without public lots, or both.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I hope the tunnels aren't just rabbit-hole type things. Same goes for the moonflower cave thing atop the pile of rocks. I would imagine they probably are, though. I just want sims to be able to physically be in such places, especially so that I can get some screenshots in those locations. You know, for science. :wink:

I thought the tunnels were just the werewolves being able to burrow their way into the ground. Would be lovely if we get actual underground tunnels.

They said something about finding faster routes. I wonder if its some kind of puzzle thing like with Silvan glade etc. And depending what you pick you wind up in different areas.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Why not? A good public library is one of the corner stone for education in general.

I am not disputing that, just that it's location in the midddle of the forrest among disused logging factories is very unrealistic. There isn't even a proper village, just bunkers and derelict trailers. Even the local bar is very grungy looking and basic so I don't expect to find a fully stoked bookcase let alone a whole library there.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    The fact that we will receive only 5 lots makes me sad. Vampires + Realm of Magic + Werewolves packs have only 15 lots in total (probably 3 empty lots + 3 starters + 2 community lots). Thats sad because there is no space to build something intresting for the occults. I would like to have even small town for the occult sims.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Who knows if the premade wolf packs even occupy any of the lots. Maybe they're just NPCs in Moonwood Mill, similar to the sages of the Magic Realm, and technically homeless until you move them in with your own sims. It would even make sense for them to live in the wild, given that they're werewolves.

But besides that, I still wish the world had more lots. The old "it's a GP, and other occults didn't get bigger worlds" argument doesn't fly with me because I was never happy with those being so small either, although I guess Vampires can be forgiven because it was the first GP to even introduce a residential world. We've been conditioned to think of five lots as an acceptable standard when it should be the bare minimum. I'm not a game designer, so maybe someone could enlighten me, but is adding just a few more lots really that difficult and/or time-consuming? They might as well leave them empty for us to build on if they don't want to do it themselves, most of the pre-built houses suck anyway, but it would make it so much easier for players to build up the societies they want in a given world without having to resettle half of their families to other too small worlds, going completely without public lots, or both.

Yeah, that's the thing. I completely understand why they can only add lot types from the new pack and the base game. That's absolutely fair. So I know why we basically always get a library and a bar, because those are base game. But given that this is the case, they should know (and I'm sure they do know) that most of us will want to add other lot types from the packs that we do individually own... otherwise what is the point of even buying those other packs? I bought Dine Out; it's no big shocker that I might want to add restaurants to new towns. I bought GTW, so guess what, I probably want to add to retail lots. For that matter, maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but aren't rental lots technically base game now, too? It seems like they were added in the pre-SE patch, but maybe it was the pack itself.

Anyway, that's on top of having residential lots to build. Long story short, giving us more empty lots should be a given with every pack that has a world.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I know we got a lot of bars, but I am kind of glad that they included one in this world so I can make it to attract vampires, ghost as weöll as wolfies
  • Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    I hope we get a lot trait for werewolf babies, like the vampire Dark Ley Line lot trait, as well as a Werewolf Nexus trait that'd attract werewolves to the lot like vamps.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    The library I really hope it's a fancy name for a bar because middle of the woods, among logging factories is no place for a library.

Yeah I was concerned about the library. I saw someone mention that it has a "special librarian" for werewolf lore. I really hope that isn't true because if it is taking a lot I had planned to bulldoze it. I already have 2 libraries in my game and I don't need anymore.

Does anyone know anything about a special librarian being mentioned anywhere? I lost where I saw it mentioned. But I think they were saying it was listed by EA on one of the pages on what is coming. I haven't seen it myself. If it is just a special bookcase that would make more sense to me, and I can just add it to my libraries.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    The library I really hope it's a fancy name for a bar because middle of the woods, among logging factories is no place for a library.

Yeah I was concerned about the library. I saw someone mention that it has a "special librarian" for werewolf lore. I really hope that isn't true because if it is taking a lot I had planned to bulldoze it. I already have 2 libraries in my game and I don't need anymore.

Does anyone know anything about a special librarian being mentioned anywhere? I lost where I saw it mentioned. But I think they were saying it was listed by EA on one of the pages on what is coming. I haven't seen it myself. If it is just a special bookcase that would make more sense to me, and I can just add it to my libraries.

In the blog post it says that Wolfgang is the local librarian.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/embrace-the-full-moon?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_ts4-embrace-full-moon-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=73785&ts=1654183280448
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I don't mind the only 5 lots too much. Of the game packs that came with worlds, the ones with more lots tend to focus more on gameplay within the world itself (Strangerville, Jungle Adventure) and the one with a large world where gameplay wasn't world focused was My Wedding Stories and we know how that turned out. Outdoor Retreat is the exception as the first one, and even that had 7 lots. (5 in the campground, one in the woods, and the hidden lot)

So for a pack where the world is more or less secondary to the pack's theme, such as occult packs, the small world isn't something I'm concerned about.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    so where get the werewolf lore if you remove the library
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I'm wondering if the library will be a stall type thing like the bar and the shops in the Magic Realm.
  • Options

In the blog post it says that Wolfgang is the local librarian.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/embrace-the-full-moon?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_ts4-embrace-full-moon-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=73785&ts=1654183280448

Ahhh that is what they must have been referencing.

"Meet with Wolfgang, the local librarian, in the center of town and check out werewolf-themed books to unravel truths about Moonwood’s mysterious beasts. "

So yeah, I guess I'll have to see what can be done once I get into the pack..
    Cause if the library is taking up a lot, it is gone.

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    Yeah don't need so many bars or libraries in every world.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Im hoping there are a couple of nice big lots. It seems like the kind of place where you would have self sufficient commune type locations...and you need space for that!
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    It looks like there are 2 big wearwolf packs. So I'm assuming each pack will take up a residential lot. And a bar, and a library, and an empty lot.

For my game play, that's enough. I wish we had more lots in Vampires - because it's a fun world where I'd like a lot of bars and lounges. But I don't use Glimmerbrook lots too much. The world doesn't excite me. The main character I want to change into a wearwolf, I'll end up putting in Starngerville.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I wish the world had more lots, and that it didn't snow. The snow kind of ruins the Pacific Northwest vibe for me, because it doesn't actually snow here. Only five lots makes it more like one big family community property rather than an actual neighborhood.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I wish the world had more lots, and that it didn't snow. The snow kind of ruins the Pacific Northwest vibe for me, because it doesn't actually snow here. Only five lots makes it more like one big family community property rather than an actual neighborhood.

Huh?
    I have lived in Oregon and Washington and it snowed in both placed when I lived there. And it snows a ton in Idaho.

• Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Elisdream wrote: »
    I wish the mills and the graffiti walls around the world weren't world decorations, so we could have a world fully in the woods if we'd want to.

I am DYING for this!!!

YO, MAXIS!

Where is my FOREST NEWCREST, AY??? :D

Nothin' but nature.. sigh, the dream,,

I want this, too. A blank, empty natural world.

Yes!! Same
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member

I sorely miss the Sims 3 feature of choosing a lot, which ever size you like, and placing it anywhere you like on the map.

The way the neighborhoods are set up, it'll never work for sims 4, in my opinion.