Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonwood Mills Discussion Thread

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
This is the place to discuss Moonwood Mills the world coming with Werewolves and post pics.

What's known so far

There are 5 lots all built by Game Changers like James Turner and Lilsimsie.

There are hidden tunnels in this world.

It can snow in Moonwood Mills.

Lake is Swimmable.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I hope the tunnels aren't just rabbit-hole type things. Same goes for the moonflower cave thing atop the pile of rocks. I would imagine they probably are, though. I just want sims to be able to physically be in such places, especially so that I can get some screenshots in those locations. You know, for science. :wink:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I hope the tunnels aren't just rabbit-hole type things. Same goes for the moonflower cave thing atop the pile of rocks. I would imagine they probably are, though. I just want sims to be able to physically be in such places, especially so that I can get some screenshots in those locations. You know, for science. :wink:

I thought the tunnels were just the werewolves being able to burrow their way into the ground. Would be lovely if we get actual underground tunnels.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »

I thought the tunnels were just the werewolves being able to burrow their way into the ground. Would be lovely if we get actual underground tunnels.

You may be right. Things have moved so quickly in the past couple of days that it's quite likely I've missed seeing something about that!
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    It will be interesting to see how people feel about this one, 1 neighborhood and 5 lots is not a lot. They say that they have tried to make the neighborhood very big so it will not feel like an issue but I'm not sure how well that is going look or run. I hope that they spent time optimizing routing so sims are spawning a lot and hanging around at certain spots, otherwise I think it will feel pretty empty.

There are also supposedly two werewolf packs hanging around...uh...on 5 lots, which means that they need somewhere to live. So yeah...I'm skeptical.

The design of the world is kinda nice, I would have liked to play a lumberjack in that world.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,857 Member
    logion wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how people feel about this one, 1 neighborhood and 5 lots is not a lot. They say that they have tried to make the neighborhood very big so it will not feel like an issue but I'm not sure how well that is going look or run. I hope that they spent time optimizing routing so sims are spawning a lot and hanging around at certain spots, otherwise I think it will feel pretty empty.

There are also supposedly two werewolf packs hanging around...uh...on 5 lots, which means that they need somewhere to live. So yeah...I'm skeptical.

The design of the world is kinda nice, I would have liked to play a lumberjack in that world.

That's like going to one of those fancy restaurants that serve tiny portions, but they serve it with a magnifying glass to make you think it's a regular meal. It's still tiny.

I'm staying open-minded about using it, and I will admit it looks gorgeous. I'll make up my mind when I see it in front of me.

• Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member

It’s like Forgotten Hollow. But with werewolves! 🤣

But for me, if it has a better set up then Forgotten Hollow where the lots are reasonably spaced out and not clumped together I can work with it. But if not, just firing up a new file and playing in Windenburg or Hanford-On-Bagley with occasional visits to Moonwood.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2022
    Questions:

What is the moon cycle entail?

Is it reserved for this world only?

Is it always a full moon in this world?

Do different moons have different affects for any Sim in this world (besides full moon)?

How many vacant lots or are they all occupied by premades?

Are the tunnels just a spot to teleport?

Is there a portal to enter this world like the secret worlds or the world for spellcasters?

Is there a leader of the pack in this world?

Is the world like the 'island' in WB? That would be nice since there would be a lot of room to run in that part of the world.

More later.

Another one, I would like the devs to talk about how they came up with the name for the world since it's so closely related to Moonwood in D&D. That's an interesting concept.

@Catloverplayer, I'm excited to see the high grass and or bush in the phone pic it may already been in game but reminds me of the high grass in TS3's junkyard lot. I don't have all packs so that is the first thing I see in the picture, lol, instead of a location/trailer.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Questions:

What is the moon cycle entail?

Is it reserved for this world only?

Is it always a full moon in this world?

Do different moons have different affects for any Sim in this world (besides full moon)?

How many vacant lots or are they all occupied by premades?

Are the tunnels just a spot to teleport?

Is there a portal to enter this world like the secret worlds or the world for spellcasters?

Is there a leader of the pack in this world?

More later.

We don't yet have many details about the lunar cycle, but SimGurus have confirmed that the cycles will be seen in all worlds.
  • Options
    @VeeDub, thank you! That's one of them answered!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I hope we can edit the snouts, make them smaller and more feminine. I'd like that for some wolves I have in mind.
    The CAS, BB, total aesthetic looks AMAZING ! <3
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @Cinebar the Livestream is next Friday 6/10. Hopefully your questions will be answered. I'm sure the Gurus will also drop more tidbits before then. 🙂
  • Options
    @Cinebar the Livestream is next Friday 6/10. Hopefully your questions will be answered. I'm sure the Gurus will also drop more tidbits before then. 🙂

Thanks! I've waited years on werewolves. I said I'm undecided since I don't like the lack of 'fur' textures but if they turn out as detailed in abilities as Vampires and I like the world I may lean more toward finally buying a pack I have been waiting on forever....lol
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm… I guess the tunnels will be rabbit-holes, yay pun, where you click where you want to go and teleport there. Could be wrong but that is what I’m guessing.
  • Options
    Wrenry wrote: »

It’s like Forgotten Hollow. But with werewolves! 🤣

But for me, if it has a better set up then Forgotten Hollow where the lots are reasonably spaced out and not clumped together I can work with it. But if not, just firing up a new file and playing in Windenburg or Hanford-On-Bagley with occasional visits to Moonwood.

I hope one of the lots is a man-made beach on the lake.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

And I'm on vacation next week so I'll ill be able to enjoy it.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    Hmm… I guess the tunnels will be rabbit-holes, yay pun, where you click where you want to go and teleport there. Could be wrong but that is what I’m guessing.

Maybe a new woohoo spot as well.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited June 2022

That would be a nice addition.

A small cozy shack close to the beach so you can listen to the lake waters lap against the shore. And also be able to freely pee on the lawn without being worried at people catching you.

But besides that, hopefully the world will also be like Sulani and not allow outside Townies to flood in on day one. Listen, I love Supriya Delgato but she needs to spend more time in Brindelton Bay then roaming around far from home.
    Post edited by Wrenry on
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I'm not an occult player so won't be using the gameplay but I love the world so far. I separate my games into regions (sims can only travel intra-region unless they take a vacation) so it's always fun to see what region a new world will be slotted into and if it will allow me to give that region a lot or experience it's missing.

In my game, Evergreen Harbor, Glimmerbrook, and Granite Falls are all coalesced into a region. Evergreen Harbor (with NAPS turned off) is my second favorite neighborhood to "kick off" legacies and this just looks like EH just moving up the road a little bit, so I'll be slotting it into the region.

I also just really like poorer/starter/middle class gameplay more than like "mansions"--I don't play rich families often unless somehow my legacy hits paydirt. Gimme grunge and dirt! I love it.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Wrenry wrote: »

That would be a nice addition.

A small cozy shack close to the beach so you can listen to the lake waters lap against the shore. And also be able to freely pee on the lawn without being worried at people catching you.

But besides that, hopefully the world will also be like Sulani and not allow outside Townies to flood in on day one. Listen, I love Supriya Delgato but she needs to spend more time in Brindelton Bay the roaming around far from home.

Since the lake is swimmable it would make sense for that area to have a lot on it but one of the beaches in Tartosa has swimmable oceans but not a lot.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I hope there is a lot by the lake. I want to make a campsite. The world does look pretty nice, but I think all the world's are nice. Looking forward to learning and seeing more of it.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    While the small size of the world isn't a surprise based on precedent, sure it would have been nice but still, not surprising, but I am glad it is a theme that meshes well with other worlds, Evergreen Harbor and Glimmerbrook specifically for that Pacific Northwest vibe, especially with the "compatible" build/buy assets (that disused bus shell is just begging to be used on a community space lot, perhaps as a communal kitchen or bar in a community garden).

Forgotten Hollow could work too, but my main issue with that world is how it is designed, a huge plaza with a few small lots around it in the middle of nowhere, it just looks so stark.

I have very little use for smaller worlds that have zero link to any other existing worlds, like Mt Komerobi and Tartosa, as you have very few lots to work with a cohesive theme.
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    I'll be using Evergreen Harbor, Granite Falls, and Glimmerbrook as adjacent worlds to Moonwood Mill personally.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I'll be using Evergreen Harbor, Granite Falls, and Glimmerbrook as adjacent worlds to Moonwood Mill personally.

I suspect I will, too, although the tricky part for me is that I have always felt like Granite Falls was more like the Appalachian Mountains... like the Catskills, or the Smokies... than the Rocky Mountains or Pacific Northwest.

Hmmm... maybe I need to work up some sort of headcanon where Granite Falls, though seemingly not magical to the naked eye, is actually a floating town that blinks in and out of existence near the Catskills, Smokies, Rockies, or other areas, depending on the needs of the inhabitants or visitors. Thus making it an even more logical extension to the magical worlds of MM and FH.