Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

• Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Saw mills, Nordic names, lakes... Moonwood Mills is Minnesota inspired. ;)

Well if indeed it's an American inspired world, Minnesota would definitely make some sense.... especially with the other hints.

• Options
    AlpacapybaraAlpacapybara Posts: 32 Member
    I googled and there is a minnesota dog-man cryptids, but that seems to just be an echo of the Michigan Dogman, according to wikipedia.

Also to quote wikipedia, "In 1937 in Paris, Michigan, Robert Fortney was attacked by five wild dogs and said that one of the five walked on two legs.[3]"

See? Paris still has a shot, l o l
  • Options
    LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member

Well if indeed it's an American inspired world, Minnesota would definitely make some sense.... especially with the other hints.

Yeah, I was gonna say, it didn't sound like it would fit in England or France... but if not in Eastern Europe/Scandinavia, US would make sense - since a lot of stuff here was named by immigrants.

Also, I now have the little alphabet written in a notebook. We do not yet have a B, Q, X, Z, or J. But we do have the rest.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,601 Member
    edited May 2022
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    A good chunk of werewolf lore comes stems from norse mythology (not directly, but there is a strong connection), so that makes sense.

Granted Fenrir isn't EXACTLY a Werewolf. But he is described as a "monstrous wolf" so it checks out. Plus, the Vikings were known for being a warrior culture and for conflict... So I think at the very least, there may be some Nordic inspiration

I was specifically referring to the Ulfheðnar ("wolf coats") which were basically wolf-berserkers of Odin. I don't think they transformed into wolves specifically but they were said to behave/act like wolves in battle and thus had a strong influence on future werewolf mythology.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,088 Member
    Here's the code in case anyone is curious. B, J, Q, X, Z not verified.

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,047 Member

If it wasn't for the Nordic sounding Lake Lunvik I would say maybe Quebec, but the lake's name sort of rules that out. The name also rules out the Pacific Northwest and B.C.

It is looking like Minnesota inspired world is the frontrunner now.

• Options
    Are there any areas of Ontario that have Nordic connections?
  • Options
    LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member

If it wasn't for the Nordic sounding Lake Lunvik I would say maybe Quebec, but the lake's name sort of rules that out. The name also rules out the Pacific Northwest and B.C.

It is looking like Minnesota inspired world is the frontrunner now.

A mid-century small town feel with dark mysterious woods on the outskirts. Would have the whole B-Movie ambiance for werewolves. I could see it.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,601 Member

Not sure about Ontario but there are a lot of historical Nordic influences on the eastern coast of Canada.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    BlueR0se wrote: »

Not sure about Ontario but there are a lot of historical Nordic influences on the eastern coast of Canada.

And they would have forests and lumber mills. That's why at first my brain kept trying to go to Quebec but that's French not Norse. Eastern Canada would be a good alternative to Minnesota.
  • Options
    summerfireflysummerfirefly Posts: 17 Member
    I did find something interesting that could be a coincidence, but... in 2020, when EA had us do the survey ranking worlds we'd like to see, one of the options was "Swiss Alps". Google says there are lots of frogs and lakes there, and the first result when you Google "swiss alps wolf"?

"After a 100 year absence, European gray wolves are returning to the Swiss Alps."
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,359 Member
    While the clues do fit, I was half joking about the Minnesota thing, because I think it would be hilarious to have werewolves with an Upper Midwest accent (think the movie "Fargo"... or any relatives you may have in Wisconsin or Minnesota...)

Swiss Alps (though the "Alps" thing was just part of the Skip Code in Doi's tweet) or Scandinavian or Canadian would all be cool with me too.
  • Options
    While the clues do fit, I was half joking about the Minnesota thing, because I think it would be hilarious to have werewolves with an Upper Midwest accent (think the movie "Fargo"... or any relatives you may have in Wisconsin or Minnesota...)

Swiss Alps (though the "Alps" thing was just part of the Skip Code in Doi's tweet) or Scandinavian or Canadian would all be cool with me too.

Ahooooo-eh.

The clues sort of point that way. For me it's Lake Lunvik. Trying to work out areas with Norse connections, and Minnesota is what I think of first, at least here in the US.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    I hope we get the Trailer Tomorrow.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I've seen some speculation that SimGuruConnor's reads "a territory marking log"

Which makes sense by the letters, but without more hints doesn't make sense on its own.

Ooooo actually that makes a lot of sense

So in MTV’s Teen Wolf there is a really old magic tree stump called the Nemeton and it attracts supernaturals to Beacon Hills. Not sure if anyone has mentioned that yet but as a TW mega fan it seems like a clear reference, but it might be coincidence.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,143 Member
    As someone who hales from Minnesota I'd be very excited if the new world is based off my home state! We don't really have a world from this part of the US yet.

What I'd really like is a rustic world without paved roads so I can use it for more off-the-grid play. That would be awesome! That and more log cabin themed build/buy.

I hope we get more info tomorrow!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,040 Member
    Nordic Skiing.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    Werewolves always struggled a bit in The Sims, imo, from the forced personality of 2 to the uhhhh disaster that was their faces in 3, lol. With the game packs demanding more than ever from the occults with the perk trees and many abilities, we will probably see a full overhaul, unlike anything we had before. That is probably why this game pack is hinting at a bit more (and why it took so long)

With the theme of the world being a mill (woodmill?) and the frogs and logs giving an equally wild vibes, I wouldn't be impressed if, for example, werewolves somehow played along with the off-grid focus that latter Sims 4 expansions have. Maybe the hunter-gatherer to Cottage's subsistence agriculture, though it's hard to think of sims gameplay being homeless it could perhaps benefit from living pretty close to full paleo,

Find another root maybe indicating a better scavenging for food system lol (lime, indicating lots of natural orchards to pick fruit from), ski being closer to old norse, stick of wood, skewer snack, gives the idea of someone old in the woods over a firepit. Woe be fate, perhaps a curse meaning the sim struggles with tech? Hmm.... All this moon talking is making me into a lunatic lmao

I was thinking the pig chair in little campers meant they might include pigs, or wild boar. It could be a source of meat for werewolves. However, I don’t think that’s too likely.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    I survived the century conflict. A hundred year war. The Hundred Years War was fought in France.

So it is a French world. Scratch my guess on a swamp world.
    I’m guessing there might be a city world and a wooded world.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I survived the century conflict. A hundred year war. The Hundred Years War was fought in France.

I'm thinking lots of mountains as well and hopefully lots of waterfalls sims can swim too.
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 442 Member
    Just a speculation, what if EA inspired to make mooncaster from an fan fictions feral Werewolf Skinwalker? I just did some research about skinwalker a real Native Americans legend. And they’re some kind of witches that shapeshifters into normal coyote, wolves, birds, & etc. Here are few links info about them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin-walker

https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Skin-walker

https://freaksrp.fandom.com/wiki/Skinwalkers
  • Options

That's similar to what I'm picturing. Something like HoB, instead of the Bramblewood you have a forest and the mill it's named after, and beside that you have the actual town of Moonwood. And the name Moonwood, there has to be a forest. I'm getting giddy thinking about werewolves and forests.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Mooncasters could be werewolves who gain the skill to control the moon cycle. A powerful werewolf could bring forth a full moon at will.

Or, Mooncasting could be a new skill, which allows a sim (or spellcaster) to stop a full moon, to fight against werewolves.. This could be what the "conflict" is/was..

I definitely think the world will be highly wooded, in mountains, with some form of fresh water. I think the frogs could be some sort of magic gone wrong situation..

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited May 2022
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    OK! OK! Do you think that the new and upcoming world "Moonwood Mill" will be either Canadian or Scottish? Cause my head was thinking about that a unicorn is mostly a national animal of Scotland, cause I want a Canadian world that functions both residential and destination.

Well, Iron Seagull was talking about it possibly being French inspired, it does mention Alps. And I was thinking the note is also mentioning citrus, could we be getting some new citrus tree’s like oranges and limes? With the word Mill, I wonder if we will get wheat and a flour mill……. Just some thoughts here. Who marks it’s territory? Maybe wolves….
    Are you sure? Cause Granite Falls is restrictedly a destination world that does not feature any residential lots since we still didn't have a Canadian world that needs to function both residential and destination like Mt. Komorebi, Henford-on-Bagley, and Tortosa.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top