Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,111 Member
    Without going into the where and taking the clues at face value we have:
    • A place called Moonwood Mill, connected somehow with "territory marking logs" - so it should be a log mill area - an old logging town with forest around it perhaps.
    • It will have at least one lake, the Scandinavian sounding lake Lunvik, which also plays on the latin Luna (moon). Given the rest of that clue I would say it has swimmable waters.

Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I would be super shocked if it was a shapeshifter as people are suggesting. Never thought of that but I can vibe with shape shifters 😎
    I do agree that I wouldn't want Werewolves to get less attention in order to focus on multiple creatures but at the same time the idea of multiple creatures doesn't sound bad if done well.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    Without going into the where and taking the clues at face value we have:
    • A place called Moonwood Mill, connected somehow with "territory marking logs" - so it should be a log mill area - an old logging town with forest around it perhaps.
    • It will have at least one lake, the Scandinavian sounding lake Lunvik, which also plays on the latin Luna (moon). Given the rest of that clue I would say it has swimmable waters.
    In the Scandinavian languages 'Lunvik' aludes to Moon cove as 'vik' means cove or bay.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 331 Member
    The symbols are the same as the ones used by medieval alchemists and astrologers. I don't know if that helps.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_symbols
    There's 10 pages on this thread and I've only read the first two, so this info may already have been discovered in pages I haven't got to yet.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited May 2022
    Awh I’m kinda sad that it sounds like it might not just be werewolves but weresims in general (e.g. werecats/foxes/racoons). I would’ve preferred just wolves tbh but I guess they are giving players more opportunities for options, I guess. I’m also a bit sad that the world is sounding less and less like what I had envisioned. I wonder what the CAS will be like?

Will be interesting to see how I manage to include the official lore into my story…
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Just gotta say thanks for this thread! 💖
    Woke up like an hour ago, super morning grumpy as always.
    Found this thread, grumpiness gone!! And I’m excited for the days/weeks to come with more hints!
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 484 Member
    edited May 2022
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Awh I’m kinda sad that it sounds like it might not just be werewolves but weresims in general (e.g. werecats/foxes/racoons). I would’ve preferred just wolves tbh but I guess they are giving players more opportunities for options, I guess. I’m also a bit sad that the world is sounding less and less like what I had envisioned. I wonder what the CAS will be like?

Will be interesting to see how I manage to include the official lore into my story…

I haven't seen anything to suggest it is anything more than werewolves. I think all the other animals and shapeshifting talk is just playful ideas. At least that is what I assume it is, unless people have seen something I totally missed.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 164 Member

I haven't seen anything to suggest it is anything more than werewolves. I think all the other animals and shapeshifting talk is just playful ideas. At least that is what I assume it is, unless people have seen something I totally missed.

Depends on how you interpret the “Step into the moonlight and explore who you are after dark” phrase from when the road map was revealed. It could hint at the game pack having several options of what you can turn into, or it could just be related to the different options you’d be getting from the kits and the pack combined.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,163 Member
    edited May 2022
    tbh i think the century conflict is about vampires and werewolves maybe fairies? maybe all occults?

like remember the fairy and werewolf statues in vampires pack maybe they expanded upon that lore with the new world?

also are we sure mooncasters don't just refer to vampires since they exist at night time and have few powers to cast
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,294 Member
    I definitely think we’re going to find out later today but what will it be? An announcement trailer or the teaser for the announcement trailer? I forget how this works haha!
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 484 Member
    Greyling wrote: »
    Depends on how you interpret the “Step into the moonlight and explore who you are after dark” phrase from when the road map was revealed. It could hint at the game pack having several options of what you can turn into, or it could just be related to the different options you’d be getting from the kits and the pack combined.

I guess it depends how one interprets the hints. I saw that as a reference to what was coming overall. I think if there was going to be more than werewolves they would have hinted more about other things and not focused so strongly on werewolves.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    I'm guessing there was a Werewolf Shapeshifter that was cursed by an evil Spellcaster Witch. She also put a frozen-in-time spell on the poor Werewolf to be asleep in a hidden coffin for 100 years.
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 164 Member
    edited May 2022

I guess it depends how one interprets the hints. I saw that as a reference to what was coming overall. I think if there was going to be more than werewolves they would have hinted more about other things and not focused so strongly on werewolves.

Oh, absolutely - as someone mentioned the other day, our interpretation of hints are often coloured by our wishes and frame of reference.

Right when the map was revealed, I did lean towards the first possibility - that we’d get several options to choose from in terms of who our sim could turn into, but I quickly changed my mind to it being more of a reference to everything that was coming as part of the map as well.

Well, the Little Campers kit did include several allusions to Big Foot 😁 (just kidding), it’s going to be werewolves for sure.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Cant wait to see what the new world looks like. The name Moonwood Mill gives me Sleepy Hollow vibes!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,163 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hold up okay so I don't know much (don't play dnd) but Moonwood comes up as some place in DnD that is in "Forgotten Realm" and its also called "Glimmerwood" ???
    and theres elves and lycanthropes???

I do wonder if they are doing both fairies and werewolves
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited May 2022

Exactly. The one hint that keeps coming to my mind whenever I think about this pack is the shadow on the wall that looked so much like a wolf head. What's worried me is the talk of Mooncasters. Casters to me means witches. I love witches, and I want this game to have proper witches not toned down spellcasters.

But like you, every hint I saw early on was werewolves, and only werewolves. I'm openminded and if they can give us more than one occult great, but based on those early hints the star or the show should be werewolves. If they give us a great pack, and it has more than one occult state, but it doesn't give us really good werewolves there will be a tinge of disappointment even if the rest of it is amazing. They have built this up, until yesterday, to be solely focused on werewolves. This eleventh hour talk of Mooncasters does worry me that our werewolves aren't going to be fully fleshed out.

I'm still hanging on to my optimism for awesome werewolves but I am nervous. We'll know more soon.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 679 Member
    If they are going to add different types of shapeshifters I m all for it. Werewolves dont have that many powers as to justify a game pack exclusively for them.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Hold up okay so I don't know much (don't play dnd) but Moonwood comes up as some place in DnD that is in "Forgotten Realm" and its also called "Glimmerwood" ???
    and theres elves and lycanthropes???

I do wonder if they are doing both fairies and werewolves

Didn't Supernatural give us fairies and werewolves hairy humans for TS3? Lightning does have a way of striking twice in the Sims world.

• Options
    KhaztheKhazthe Posts: 17 Member
    When I read "century conflict" and people started linking it to a rivalry or a war...I thought this could hint a rivalry between vampires and werewolves or vampires and shapeshifters. Forgotten Hollow has a statue of a werewolf that could easily represent a shapeshifter (mainly because there is a mention to Lake Lunvik and it sounds Viking/Scandinavian with ritualistic and shamanistic traditions....unless it revolves around a Gallic city/placing it on a medieval setting). Forgotten Hollow could be the refuge for vampires after most of them died at the century conflict against werewolves/shapeshifters etc... Not sure if the symbols are more similar to Norse writing or maybe Celtic runes. Btw, the Carpathians are considered the Transylvanian Alps and vampires are somehow related to that area according the folklore..... Not sure if this makes sense but too many ideas are coming to my mind right now hahaha hope they show us more hints soon!
  • Options
    KhaztheKhazthe Posts: 17 Member
    > @Simmingal said:
    > Hold up okay so I don't know much (don't play dnd) but Moonwood comes up as some place in DnD that is in "Forgotten Realm" and its also called "Glimmerwood" ???
    > and theres elves and lycanthropes???
    >
    > I do wonder if they are doing both fairies and werewolves

I love your ideas about Moonwood Mill being inspired somehow in DnD with fairies and werewolves plus what you said before about Forgotten Hollow! A werewolf being the result of a spellcaster's curse would make a lot of sense though I'd love if they explained it in terms of a failed shamanistic ritual, giving it a darker/more mysterious vibe. According to the hints, a link with Forgotten Hollow vampires is likely to happen because why would they include that statue if they didn't have in mind future werewolves?!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,566 Member
    Khazthe wrote: »
    When I read "century conflict" and people started linking it to a rivalry or a war...I thought this could hint a rivalry between vampires and werewolves or vampires and shapeshifters. Forgotten Hollow has a statue of a werewolf that could easily represent a shapeshifter (mainly because there is a mention to Lake Lunvik and it sounds Viking/Scandinavian with ritualistic and shamanistic traditions....unless it revolves around a Gallic city/placing it on a medieval setting). Forgotten Hollow could be the refuge for vampires after most of them died at the century conflict against werewolves/shapeshifters etc... Not sure if the symbols are more similar to Norse writing or maybe Celtic runes. Btw, the Carpathians are considered the Transylvanian Alps and vampires are somehow related to that area according the folklore..... Not sure if this makes sense but too many ideas are coming to my mind right now hahaha hope they show us more hints soon!

The Carpathians are also full of wolves. And bears. :smiley:
  • Options
    Whatever this turns out to be I just hope it's done properly. If it's not solely focused on werewolves I will be a bit disappointed, but that will pass quickly if whatever we get is something great. I want werewolves badly but I also badly want more occults. I just want them to deliver something occult that is done as well as or better than what vampires were. That's the minimum standard that I hope they achieve or surpass.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Hmmm. Maybe we'll finally find out what happened to the Magic Realm. Maybe it was the Mooncasters who broke it. Maybe they were practioners of forbidden magic. And maybe werewolves were a byproduct of the resulting cataclysm when the Mooncasters pushed too hard against the boundaries of possibility. :hushed:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Hmmm. Maybe we'll finally find out what happened to the Magic Realm. Maybe it was the Mooncasters who broke it. Maybe they were practioners of forbidden magic. And maybe werewolves were a byproduct of the resulting cataclysm when the Mooncasters pushed too hard against the boundaries of possibility. :hushed:

What if werewolves weren't the byproduct of the breaking of the Magic Realm, but the event that broke it. Maybe the Century Conflict was a war between traditional werewolves and werewolves that came into being by magic. Or is the Century Conflict between good and evil magic?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2022
    Does anyone have like a specific cryptogram translator that's able to translate these images? I really want to try it out for myself, but I have had absolutely zero luck in finding anything. :cry: Or a translation guide they can link? Literally ANYTHING to make this all clearer.

Doi's post gives the key to the one he posts.

The poem about the Alps likely has nothing to do with the town itself, and is just the key to solving the code in his post.

It's nonsense made from adding letters between those in the phrase "First letter of each post since April 4". The (xoxo) at the end is telling you to cross out a letter, circle a letter, repeat.

If you go back and look at his recent past posts, the first letters nearly spell out "Welcome", and a couple of other letters. This fits in the first word in his coded clue.

From there, you can copy over the known letters to the other images and extrapolate words where there are missing letters.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top