Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Separate Simoleon Account

Should each household member have a separate Simoleon Account by choice of player to open an account I mean will still have our household account but have a separate account for like savings or spending. Like a teen has a job and instead of the money going into the household account it goes to them and they can save for college or YA life like a house or apartment when moving out or if they move out.
Or Sims can save up for moving or a vacation.
Or would that be too much?

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes, please. I used a mod for it a while back but I forgot it some time ago.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    I'd love that! I also use SNBanking, but it glitches for sims in active careers. My detective sim living with his aunt and uncle always gets their daily wage from their rabbit hole jobs added to his private account.

One of the Gurus (as always I don't remember who exactly, sorry, not a people person :( ) once mentioned that they discussed such a feature at some point, but then decided it wouldn't be fun. I don't see how using pencil and scratch paper is more fun than having the game automate that for you :p
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes, I downloaded a mod to do this once but it was not very user-friendly. It felt clunky.

I'm not sure how the team could smoothly add a feature like this.

What if you want each adult Sim to auto pay a certain amount of Simoleans towards the rent each week. How would the game implement that?

What if you want parents to auto pay one child-age Sim an allowance each week, but not the other child-age Sim? How would the game implement that?

I think there are too many variables for something like this to actually be added, unfortunately. The only option is probably to take a one size fits all approach, and that wouldn't appeal to me personally.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited April 2022
    Sometimes I use the safe to put away inheritance money for the kids but it was definitely easier when I had the mod.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    There is a safe? How did I miss this or is it CC/Mod? I keep trying to give money away and recycling it in the recycling machine bc I have money tree's that get harvested every time someone leaves the lot so My Sims are maxed out to 999,999.99 and there is 99+ in the Family inventory. That is without cheating money mind you. All You have to do is buy 1 money tree, grow it, put it in your household inventory and then plant the left overs. I actually regret it bc it is cluttering my game up so bad. Saying that I realize now I should just delete them or move them to inventory. It would be nice to spread some of that money out to everyone in the household.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    spend4zen wrote: »
    There is a safe? How did I miss this or is it CC/Mod?

@spend4zen There’s a large walk-in safe included in the Get Famous pack.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,367 Member
    Having optional separate accounts for individual sims could be useful for storytelling where the sims in the household are not family. I like that idea.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I'm going to go look for that safe and check it out. Thanks @Chazzzy
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,612 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Yes, I downloaded a mod to do this once but it was not very user-friendly. It felt clunky.

I'm not sure how the team could smoothly add a feature like this.

What if you want each adult Sim to auto pay a certain amount of Simoleans towards the rent each week. How would the game implement that?

What if you want parents to auto pay one child-age Sim an allowance each week, but not the other child-age Sim? How would the game implement that?

I think there are too many variables for something like this to actually be added, unfortunately. The only option is probably to take a one size fits all approach, and that wouldn't appeal to me personally.

Set up where each pay rent like when a sim come back from work also the auto pay you can transfer money and how much like we do when someone moves out.
  • Options
    ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    No. I like it how it is right now.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • Options
    I'd love that! I also use SNBanking, but it glitches for sims in active careers. My detective sim living with his aunt and uncle always gets their daily wage from their rabbit hole jobs added to his private account.

One of the Gurus (as always I don't remember who exactly, sorry, not a people person :( ) once mentioned that they discussed such a feature at some point, but then decided it wouldn't be fun. I don't see how using pencil and scratch paper is more fun than having the game automate that for you :p

Wouldn't be fun! what? I mean it would make sense
    I also like I said in the previous text would like it by choice.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes I really want this too. The ability to take out loans. And an allowance for kids.
  • Options
    LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
    sounds good and perhaps if you own laundry day money might "disappear" after changing clothes and then could be found if you search the baskets, like 30/100 chance
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
  • Options
    LIL_Lilly wrote: »
    sounds good and perhaps if you own laundry day money might "disappear" after changing clothes and then could be found if you search the baskets, like 30/100 chance

That's a good gameplay.