Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Isharell wrote: »
    My negative contribution to this thread: the world is TOO Beautiful! It makes me want to buy this pack even though I am not interested in weddings! Help me, my plan had been to wait till it was on sale! :D

I bought it right away and have zero regrets. There is so much to enjoy even without having a wedding event. I am sure the bugs some are having will be sorted.
    I have no lag which some are having. My cakes keep nicely in the fridge until I need them.

You are going to love this world. <3 I don't begrudge the $ because I spend that in a month on my chai lattes. I am also a very patient person.
    Must be all the chai I drink. Ha ha

This is the NEGATIVE thread, where people complain and discuss with like-minded people about what they don't like about a pack.

I believe you want this thread:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997282/positive-thoughts-discussion-my-wedding-stories#latest
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 705 Member
    edited February 2022
    Well, I am not going to buy it. The new world is fabulous? The CAS wonderfull? The build buy awsome? Great. But this is not a pack on beautifull worlds or a stuff pack of objects and build/buy things. it is a pack on weddings. The main gameplay is supposed to focus on weddings and everything around it. And that is terribly broken. Will they repair it to the point of making the pack playable? At this point my faith is very low. I like doing weddings in the Sims. So I will stay with what the BG offers. At least it is playable.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    Well, I am not going to buy it. The new world is fabulous? The CAS wonderfull? The build buy awsome? Great. But this is not a pack on beautifull worlds or a stuff pack of objects and build/buy things. it is a pack on weddings. The main gameplay is supposed to focus on weddings and everything around it. And that is terribly broken. Will they repair it to the point of making the pack playable? At this point my faith is very low. I like doing weddings in the Sims. So I will stay with what the BG offers. At least it is playable.

I think they have no intention on fixing it or they would have patched it by now. Why would you delay it and not fix it? They just wanted to fix the venues--to make sure people who didn't buy it wouldn't be able to use wedding venues. Nice.

They never fixed Dine Out. It's so buggy, I've quit using it years ago. I regret ever giving them money for that pack.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    radiantheartradiantheart Posts: 12 New Member
    Since I installed the wedding pack my game won't work at all. Waiting on another patch. Expected but frustrating. Hope they're not under too much stress right now.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,895 Member
    edited February 2022
    Can someone who bought the pack please post the credits for My Wedding Stories? I think you can access the credits from the menu screen. I want to see the number of people who worked on it and if any familiar long-standing producers like SimGuruGraham worked on this. This is from Chicklet's comment about the lack of experienced devs. Curious to see if this is true.

@simmerorigin

BowzJhi.png

Z1ijTAe.png

tX5jR1o.png

wiOwS1b.png

zoseAPY.png

ilbtq8l.png

FSuzJMn.png
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Isharell wrote: »
    My negative contribution to this thread: the world is TOO Beautiful! It makes me want to buy this pack even though I am not interested in weddings! Help me, my plan had been to wait till it was on sale! :D

I bought it right away and have zero regrets. There is so much to enjoy even without having a wedding event. I am sure the bugs some are having will be sorted.
    I have no lag which some are having. My cakes keep nicely in the fridge until I need them.

You are going to love this world. <3 I don't begrudge the $ because I spend that in a month on my chai lattes. I am also a very patient person.
    Must be all the chai I drink. Ha ha

This is the NEGATIVE thread, where people complain and discuss with like-minded people about what they don't like about a pack.

I believe you want this thread:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997282/positive-thoughts-discussion-my-wedding-stories#latest

I know about the positive thread. They asked for help I responded. Also there are multiple comments on this thread that have nothing to do with the pack so no need to jump on mine.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    The 'but I spend X on X unrelated item' argument makes no sense at all.
    Coming into a negativity thread to make that argument makes even less sense.

I didn't. I explained why I posted. Apologies to @Horrorgirl6 .
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    What I'd hoped, was that the Devs sent out a completely different version to the testers. Nope.

What really disappoints me is that Weddings was packaged as a Game Pack. We're expected to pay Game Pack prices for what is really Stuff Pack content - yes, there's plenty of CAS and BB, you know what the answer to that is? Less CAS, less BB, more work on the activities. Or maybe even ALL CAS, ALL BB, no need for activities that break the existing code.

Weddings may be the pack that needs a new world least of any pack so far, and Tartosa feels wasted on it. It feels like a vacation world - like for your honeymoon. Those shops could sell anything, code-wise.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Wait, is the pack really still that full of bugs? I saw some people complaining elsewhere that the game pack just wasn't working right. I don't have the money to buy it yet, so I wouldn't be able to test it myself. Also, was anything added in the patch? Or was it just bug fixes? I didn't see slow dancing or anything added, so I wasn't sure what came with the new patch.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited February 2022
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    Wait, is the pack really still that full of bugs? I saw some people complaining elsewhere that the game pack just wasn't working right. I don't have the money to buy it yet, so I wouldn't be able to test it myself. Also, was anything added in the patch? Or was it just bug fixes? I didn't see slow dancing or anything added, so I wasn't sure what came with the new patch.

Check out this Twitter thread of all the problems people are having. 157 REPLIES:

• Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Check out this Twitter thread of all the problems people are having. 157 REPLIES:

Wow, this issue looks bad already. The Sims aren't even responding to the commands that people are giving in the game! Thank you for showing me this! I'll read more about the situation so I can see just how bad the bugs are.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Wow, this issue looks bad already. The Sims aren't even responding to the commands that people are giving in the game! Thank you for showing me this! I'll read more about the situation so I can see just how bad the bugs are.

What's even worse is that some simmers are reporting lag from the pack, so it's really messing up peoples' games.
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited February 2022

What's even worse is that some simmers are reporting lag from the pack, so it's really messing up peoples' games.

I repaired the game yesterday after noting an article on The Sim Community.

I have all packs. I have UI cheats, Auto employees, no autonomous dancing, and carls wedding mod. The rest are cc items - about 200 files in my mods folder.

Knock on wood- I have no lag. This may not help everyone but posting it just in case help helps a few with lag issues.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Can someone who bought the pack please post the credits for My Wedding Stories? I think you can access the credits from the menu screen. I want to see the number of people who worked on it and if any familiar long-standing producers like SimGuruGraham worked on this. This is from Chicklet's comment about the lack of experienced devs. Curious to see if this is true.

@simmerorigin
    BowzJhi.png

Z1ijTAe.png

tX5jR1o.png

wiOwS1b.png

zoseAPY.png

ilbtq8l.png

FSuzJMn.png

So they're heavy on the FX and art team and very light on the devs. I think I know where the problem lies...too much management, not enough workers.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,407 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

@simmerorigin
    BowzJhi.png

Z1ijTAe.png

tX5jR1o.png

wiOwS1b.png

zoseAPY.png

ilbtq8l.png

FSuzJMn.png

So they're heavy on the FX and art team and very light on the devs. I think I know where the problem lies...too much management, not enough workers.

Seems like a really small QA team, too.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

SURPRISE! Guess who caught the bouquet??? :open_mouth:
    VkXcklN.png
    Why, the Sim my bride had to throw it to of course ... :unamused:

Most unreliable teenage flower pal:
    mOorLLo.png?1
    Thanks for nothing, Pal. Return the dress at the shop please.

Yes, sometimes you just have to check ...
    GljRxWd.png?1
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited February 2022
    I noticed that Lyndsey Pearson is no longer the executive producer on courtyard oasis and beyond. It looks like Phill Ring took that role over last year. Could this be an indicator that she may have started to help work on the sims 5?
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I had a lot of trouble with the officiant and flower pal. They wouldn't do anything. And don't choose "Gather around cake" first, because apparently it means "Eat the cake everybody, before the bride and groom can cut a slice" :grimace:

• Options
    brugernavn21brugernavn21 Posts: 1 New Member
    Anyone know how to get a refund from Origin? I paid $20 thinking I would at least get WORKING gameplay.. I want my $20 back!
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited February 2022
    Does eloping still work after buying this pack? What about choosing to get married at the city hall? Can they get married at all? :/
    I really want the pack just because of Tartosa and slow dancing, I don't care about wedding ceremonies. As long as my Sims can get married one way or another I'm fine.
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    It's not just ea's fault that this game is dying. I've been watching this for a few years now and I know I would never sponsor such a joke of a game. If you want to play something in which real care and is invested try something like My Time at Portia, Cities: Skylines, Crusader Kings 3 or even Persona 4, just not this.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Does eloping still work after buying this pack? What about choosing to get married at the city hall? Can they get married at all? :/
    I really want the pack just because of Tartosa and slow dancing, I don't care about wedding ceremonies. As long as my Sims can get married one way or another I'm fine.

All of the old ways to get married that don't involve the Wedding event still work the same as before, plus the City Hall option . I flash-married one couple multiple times (reloading a pre-married save each time) to test them all, no hiccups, everything behaved exactly as it did before the pack was installed.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Anyone know how to get a refund from Origin? I paid $20 thinking I would at least get WORKING gameplay.. I want my $20 back!

I think dlcs are non-refundable, sadly. Thank God I didn't buy it yet. I'm seeing a lot of horror stories about it.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Kimmer wrote: »

All of the old ways to get married that don't involve the Wedding event still work the same as before, plus the City Hall option . I flash-married one couple multiple times (reloading a pre-married save each time) to test them all, no hiccups, everything behaved exactly as it did before the pack was installed.
    That sounds great. Then I won't have to worry about getting this pack.
    I can actually use the wedding ceremonies just to give some of my Sims disaster weddings just for my own entertainment. :D
  • Options
    jazminesarahjazminesarah Posts: 44 Member
    Sims has always been buggy, especially when a new pack comes out. But omg I cannot believe how bad Wedding Stories is.

The guests all turned up in their everyday wear, sending sims down the aisle is a nightmare, the cake never showed up at the wedding (yes I put the cake as wedding cake), the guests don't sit, no one does any wedding activities and to top it off 2 sims died, the entertainer and my real life sim dad.

When are they meant to bringing out the patch to fix this God forsaken game pack.
    I dont know how they released it with all of these bugs.

It's a WEDDING pack and you cant even do the main thing it was made for.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top