Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tartosa World Discussion Thead

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,448 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I do hope that we will be able to use the new activities in other worlds. That they are not restricted to Tortosa. I have made a few cute churches were my Sims can exchange vows and have a party after and also bakeries and flower shops.
    As for swimming, in the picture were we see the beach and the lighthouse there seems to be a couple of Sims in the water

I'm sure you can use the activities everywhere. Those activities are probably mostly new party types for which you can simply choose any lot in the game.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member

Were Sims able to drink in lounge chairs before or is that new?

New. Unless it is staged.

Hopefully they added chatting too.
  • Options
    Hmm… I’m not sure where this info came from, but supposedly one of the gurus said there was a swimmable area? If that’s true, then I wonder if the beach area is where sims can swim. (My mermaids/merfolk would definitely love that!)

I guess the waterfall lake will be swimmable. You can see a little picture here under "Our story"

https://simscommunity.info/2022/02/08/the-sims-4-my-wedding-stories-new-screen-previews/

That will be fine but I sure hope the ocean is swimmable as well.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited February 2022
    I wonder if that boat dock on the lighthouse island is functional and that's how you can travel to that spot? I'm seeing a fenced path from the dock up onto the tiny island area? We have functional sailboats in Sulani, maybe now we have functional small motorboats too?

ETA: Oh wait, I think that lighthouse spot is at the end of a peninsula rather than on an island. So maybe our sims can walk down to that little boat dock and use the boats because there's definitely a path down to the dock?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,528 Member
    I wonder if that boat dock on the lighthouse island is functional and that's how you can travel to that spot? I'm seeing a fenced path from the dock up onto the tiny island area? We have functional sailboats in Sulani, maybe now we have functional small motorboats too?

ETA: Oh wait, I think that lighthouse spot is at the end of a peninsula rather than on an island. So maybe our sims can walk down to that little boat dock and use the boats because there's definitely a path down to the dock?

I think it's functional in some way because I see boats out on the water. Wonder if sims can ride the boats or use them to fish.
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member

It isn’t new, it’s been around since Island Living.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,771 Member
    Most of the worlds that have been introduced since IL have had swimmable water. Britechester, Mt. Komorebi and Henford on Bagley for sure. I am sure this one will too. They haven't figured out how to add it to older worlds but they seem dedicated to adding it to new ones (except Evergreen Harbor, an old quarry swimming hole would have been awesome).
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,072 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think it's functional in some way because I see boats out on the water. Wonder if sims can ride the boats or use them to fish.

That would be awesome if we could fish and/or swim from the boats!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,271 Member

It isn’t new, it’s been around since Island Living.

Great! Then not staged.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

That would be awesome if we could fish and/or swim from the boats!

I asked SimGuruNinja.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,423 Member
    Love this! Really giving me Greece/Italy vibes. My favorite worlds are Brindleton Bay, Henford on Bagley and Windenburg, this might take the cake! :wink:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    The best thing I've seen so far is that so many people have such varying ideas of what part(s) of the real world inspired Tartosa. This pleases me so much because it means that it'll be so much easier for everyone to imagine that it's based on their own personal favorites. <3
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,189 Member
    It's so beautiful. <3 And I still want it to be a livable world.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It's so beautiful. <3 And I still want it to be a livable world.

It's been confirmed to be a residential world. SimGuruNinja said so in a reply to someone on twitter (it's in one of these threads.)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,189 Member
    Thank you so much, @DaWaterRat.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,211 Member
    As someone whose married couples usually come straight out of CAS, I'm not interested in this pack's gameplay features, but may still buy it for the world. I'm not entirely convinced yet, Tartosa looks like a weird combination of Sulani and Brindleton Bay with some Oasis Springs architecture thrown into the mix, and I'm not sure I like that, but this impression is entirely based on the few screenshots and short clips we have so far. Hopefully we'll get to see more in tomorrow's livestream.

Good to know the world will be residential, but that's just what I was expecting anyway. In fact, I'm 95% sure that vacation-only worlds are a thing of the past now that we can put rental properties anywhere we want, and 60% sure that even Granite Falls and Selvadorada will eventually be changed into residential worlds filled with rentals by default.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,506 Member

Good to know the world will be residential, but that's just what I was expecting anyway. In fact, I'm 95% sure that vacation-only worlds are a thing of the past now that we can put rental properties anywhere we want, and 60% sure that even Granite Falls and Selvadorada will eventually be changed into residential worlds filled with rentals by default.

Let's hope those 60% become true because I would love to have sims live in selvadora. With the possibility of placing rentals in every world, it certainly doesn't make sense to add vacation only worlds anymore. What is a vacation destination to one person can be home to another so in terms of including people from all over the world, it is great sims can choose where to live.

In the mean time, I am very happy that this new world will be residential. It is one of the main selling points of the pack for me.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2022

I think people are far too focused on what it's "suppose to be" could be inspired by one country or it could be inspired by many! But it's suppose to be a fictional world for sims that in your imagination could be Spain or another planet.
    They probably took inspiration from a few different places because I can think of several similar looking places in real life.🤔
    For me though it's just going to be a fictional world in my mind like all of the other worlds.
    Beautiful either way!❤
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2022
    Nvm it was already posted.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I so want to find out how many lots does Tartosa have & if it's a livable world.

I asked simguru Ninja on Twitter and he said it is livable.
  • Options
    As someone whose married couples usually come straight out of CAS, I'm not interested in this pack's gameplay features, but may still buy it for the world. I'm not entirely convinced yet, Tartosa looks like a weird combination of Sulani and Brindleton Bay with some Oasis Springs architecture thrown into the mix, and I'm not sure I like that, but this impression is entirely based on the few screenshots and short clips we have so far. Hopefully we'll get to see more in tomorrow's livestream.

Friday's Livestream. It's Friday not Tomorrow unfortunately.