Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tartosa World Discussion Thead

Comments

• Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Months or years ago, we heard a hint that 'the most popular place to elope to is not yet known' or something along those lines. Did we ever find out where that was, and do you suppose it's alluding to this?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Looks like Croatia could have been heavily influential too:
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I'm really excited to learn more about the new World, Tartosa. Sounds like culturally it is going to be Italian, or maybe Croatian? Thrilled to read we're going to have new residential lots, and sounds like multiple neighbourhoods!

I never considered Croatia because I didn't know what it looked like. I just Googled for pictures and you may be right.

m4b836.jpg

zagreb_GettyImages-467440096.jpg

Plitvice-Lakes-National-Park-GettyImages-175998663.jpg

krka_GettyImages-673154495.jpg
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member

It seems like Tartosa will have at least 2 neighborhoods -town centre and waterfalls- or maybe three (from a Coastal Village to the Forested Inland).

It also looks like the town centre has 4 or 5 lots -big house on the left, small house on the waterfront, big club behind the lighthouse and hotel looking place at the back-. So I'm quite hopeful about it.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I'm guessing Tartosa will have at least 8 lots. From the blog it sounds like there'll be two neighborhoods, the 'Coastal Village' and 'Forested Inland'. The Town center has at least 4 lots (five even, if the tall build in the background is a lot too).

Zqet9vu.png

oFxwjlV.png

That still leaves the pink chapel, the party lot with the dance floor and pink trees, and Camilla's and Dominique's house (their house is white in the trailer and has a garden). That's seven lots in total, but 8 would make more sense: 2 lots created by each of the 4 Gamechangers.

I love playing Sims detective! 😅
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    I'm guessing Tartosa will have at least 8 lots. From the blog it sounds like there'll be two neighborhoods, the 'Coastal Village' and 'Forested Inland'. The Town center has at least 4 lots (five even, if the tall build in the background is a lot too).

Zqet9vu.png

oFxwjlV.png

That still leaves the pink chapel, the party lot with the dance floor and pink trees, and Camilla's and Dominique's house (their house is white in the trailer and has a garden). That's seven lots in total, but 8 would make more sense: 2 lots created by each of the 4 Gamechangers.

I hope there is at least 2 premade rental lots and 2 empty lots to place on.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member

Zqet9vu.png

oFxwjlV.png

That’s the number I’m coming up with too.

The beach, the garden, the chapel, the ballroom, a rental lot, the premades house, the bar/club, and one empty lot.

Hoping I’m not setting myself up for disappointment.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,425 Member

There are sims swimming in the water near both those boats by the pier so I wonder if they can ride them? They seem to be motor boats. Would be lovely if they could.
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 807 Member
    On the facebook group The Sims Community Italia they also pointed out some resemblance between this new neighbourhood and l'Isola del Giglio, in Tuscany.

273650530_3146375358941868_6393449084250446173_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=WF6zvUn_OyIAX9ILK0b&_nc_ht=scontent.fmxp10-1.fna&oh=00_AT8uGtSZAHPcmHtoENQDzA7KekLINydIE-LUjo-e0ViYtA&oe=62089CBF

It also reminds me of some places around Liguria (this is Sestri Levante, for example), but our coastal towns tend to look more crowded than that one :P

There are really many towns around the Med with that style, they really seemed to have picked up details from many different ones.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.22 posted on the 10th of May 2024*
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022

Zqet9vu.png

It'll be a shame if that is the beach lot, I was hoping for a quiet long beach in the other neighborhood not just a little cove in the town :/
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    New screens

Youtube Link
    Pixelade
    https://youtu.be/bZrO-6hD55w
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I think the new world looks very beautiful, that's all I have to say really. I come from England where everything is mostly rather dull so it's nice to experience different places through the game.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

Zqet9vu.png

It'll be a shame if that is the beach lot, I was hoping for a quiet long beach in the other neighborhood not just a little cove in the town :/

If you zoom in on stills of the beach scenes you can see the playground pirate ship and the big flower pots in the background. So at least one beach lot is located in that right corner. Maybe there's more though?
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,784 Member
    I wondered if someone on the development team watched Luca and took inspiration from that world because it does look like the town square in Luca.

Luca is set in a set in a fictional town in the Italian Riviera.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,867 Member
    This world look beautiful..which is a good thing because it's the only reason I'm buying this pack.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    My vampires would like to know what time is sunset and how much is the lot on the cliff there?
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I wondered if someone on the development team watched Luca and took inspiration from that world because it does look like the town square in Luca.

It does look a little bit like the place from Luca, yeah!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,357 Member
    I think Dr. Gluon makes some fine points in here

I remember being in a discussion somewhere (don't remember if it was here or on a discord) saying that I was hoping for a world based on that painting. This may well be it.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,420 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I think Dr. Gluon makes some fine points in here

I remember being in a discussion somewhere (don't remember if it was here or on a discord) saying that I was hoping for a world based on that painting. This may well be it.

Don't forget this early concept art too.

fczbhqel1aov.jpg
  • Options
    RitaMaryRitaMary Posts: 51 Member
    I'm liking the updates so far 🙂 The new world is enough reason for me to buy the pack 😁
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 807 Member
    edited February 2022
    Hearts4u wrote: »

The disney movie Luca seems to take inspiration from "Cinque Terra", which are five very characteristic villages build on cliffs along the coast in NW Italy. Some of those villages, like Vernazza, can look quite similar to Tortosa:

1200px-Vernazza_and_the_sea%2C_Cinque_Terre%2C_Italy.jpg

While others, like Manarola, are really climbing up the cliff:

1200px-1_manarola_evening_2012.jpg

Tartosa definitively looks "flatter" than these places, with more sandy beaches and so on, but along the rest of the riviera there are definitively some other similar places.

Following some vacations ads I randomly saw when browsing online, I also noticed that a few localities in northern Spain (so on the Atlantic Ocean coast, and not the Med) look quite similar to Tartosa, like Cudillero in the Asturias:

cudillero-spagna-34444205.jpg

Those horizontal lines in the painting of the facades in Tartosa's previews, and something in the windows and in the roofs, remind me more of Spain than Italy, but they are so close that it's easy to take inspiration from more than one at once.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.22 posted on the 10th of May 2024*
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Wow! Beautiful! 😀 The inspiration photos look lovely, and it does look like it’s inspired by multiple places! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Hopefully they'll reveal in the Livestream what Tartosa was based on.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Hopefully they'll reveal in the Livestream what Tartosa was based on.

It would be interesting to know, but it won't affect me or my game in the least. I never base my sims' worlds on real places, anyway. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)