Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of Semi-Occults

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    Living Statues in City Living, last I tried only interaction I could have with them was watch.

I haven’t seen one of them in years, in my main save.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited October 2021
    How about Emily the sea monster off of Windenburg Island? Not easy to find, I have a photographer that has tried to find her to take a picture of her to sell, but haven’t been lucky enough to catch her yet ( I have a large rotation ). I have seen pictures of her though.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Do robots such as Servo count as occults? They're not supernatural in-universe, but still a playable life state that is different from a regular sim, and can't be reproduced in the real word (yet).
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I love this listing <3
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Omg Servos!!! Of course!
  • Options
    I have not seen Emily except on the neighborhood load screen. I didn't know you could see her at all in game. Very cool.
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    As for sprites, don’t forget u can keep water sprites in the Luminary's Exotic Water Garden pond from Get Famous.
  • Options
    Airakale wrote: »
    As for sprites, don’t forget u can keep water sprites in the Luminary's Exotic Water Garden pond from Get Famous.

This game loves Sprites. Just call it The Sprites. Or maybe that'll get them sued by Coca Cola.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Garden Gnomes
    Mother (Strangerville)
    The forest person of the new expansion - this person isn't a human right? I've yet to meet the actual sim if there is one, just had things 'said by them' as my sims were in the woods.

If you're talking about Creature Keeper Michael Bell, I do think he's supposed to have special, near magical skills with animals. But, he's human enough to have run off to San Myshuno with Marcus Flex in my game. I did not see that one coming.

My impression is that he is basically supposed to be inspired by several things, most of them from Tolkien. He's like a mix between Radagast and Bilbo, but without Radagast's magical powers of course. He looks like a tall Hobbit with boots, and his home is as close to a Hobbit Hole as a Cottage can be. But he talks to the animals like Radagast.

But yes, just like all the other "special" NPCs from that expansion he is a normal Sim. He is not more special than Crumplebottom.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    As for ghosts, there's the eternally angry ghost from Paranormal.

Someone already added Elementals, but they have two forms, Ghost and Human Form.

Half-Aliens aren't quite Aliens, but they do have Alien interactions.

Nothing else is coming to mind.
  • Options
    I remember seeing a Realm of Magic snake in the trailer, but the Familiars could be another one.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Very interesting thread. Personally I find it a bit sad to see how long the list of semi occults is compared to the full occults. So much wasted potential. I would have preferred it if they had invested some of the energy for all those half occults to create a full occults.

One to add to the list for the companions category : batuu adds droids/robots (unfortunately they only work that way while on batuu)
  • Options
    Stuffed Animals can form relationships with sims. I totally forgot about that, but they are like imaginary friends. The stuffed animals actually have changing expressions and the kids interact with different stuffed animals in different ways.

The Bear spends most of the time asleep, hibernating. The other stuffed animals tend to be more active, awake.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Stuffed Animals can form relationships with sims. I totally forgot about that, but they are like imaginary friends. The stuffed animals actually have changing expressions and the kids interact with different stuffed animals in different ways.

The Bear spends most of the time asleep, hibernating. The other stuffed animals tend to be more active, awake.

I hadn't noticed the difference between the stuffed animals. Kids can also form a relationship with snow pals, if they last long enough and they interact with them frequently.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I've made many Aliens, Ghosts, Mermaids, Spellcasters & Vampires. I even used the Traits codes to make many of my sims have a few Occults Traits & Abilities to become Hybrids. I don't use any mods, just my packs in Sims 4. :p