Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should we be able to make vampires that are actually scary?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Yes. I want scary vampires!
    Me: I want Scary Vampires

also Me: putting them in baseball uniforms,

a532d6e5159cfa9091119264a0455f14.jpg

and going Za Warudo

5b9042e943980a2f889f9cb7713cb8e3.jpg
  • Options
    Yes. A vampire who uses his or her dark form constantly should certainly scare Sims who doesn't have the brave or occult-loving trait. As others have suggested, this could cause responsible Sims to contact Vampire hunters (which could consist of any Sim that has the brave trait). These hunters have special amulets on them that reduces the Vampire's energy, forcing them to flee and recover. A strong vampire can resist longer and risk putting few of them to sleep to counter the energy drain. Get them all but one to sleep, and you could feed on the last one, just to send a message. Most likely beyond anything they'd do, but one can dream..

(Vampire Hunters could also use Werewolves, if they ever bother to grace us with their prescence, and have the vampire run or risk fighting an equal or tougher predator).

And now I'm picturing my Sim Vampire chasing hapless Sims down the streets in batform.

Also, have Sims actually sleeping when your vampire breaks in during the night, and make the vampire able to drink their blood, or hypnotize them to get up and then drain them. Next morning, the bitten Sim will be uncomfortable, and other possible residents of the house will be scared.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yes. A vampire who uses his or her dark form constantly should certainly scare Sims who doesn't have the brave or occult-loving trait. As others have suggested, this could cause responsible Sims to contact Vampire hunters (which could consist of any Sim that has the brave trait). These hunters have special amulets on them that reduces the Vampire's energy, forcing them to flee and recover. A strong vampire can resist longer and risk putting few of them to sleep to counter the energy drain. Get them all but one to sleep, and you could feed on the last one, just to send a message. Most likely beyond anything they'd do, but one can dream..

(Vampire Hunters could also use Werewolves, if they ever bother to grace us with their prescence, and have the vampire run or risk fighting an equal or tougher predator).

And now I'm picturing my Sim Vampire chasing hapless Sims down the streets in batform.

Also, have Sims actually sleeping when your vampire breaks in during the night, and make the vampire able to drink their blood, or hypnotize them to get up and then drain them. Next morning, the bitten Sim will be uncomfortable, and other possible residents of the house will be scared.

Vampire Hunter should be an active career, the only way to make one now in the sims 4 is with maxed athletics, vampire lore, bartending and gardening, add in the brave trait and an option to duel to the death and it might actually be a challenge, always good to have a book of life or a spell caster on hand to resurrect dead sims.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Anyone else think it would be cool if vampires could sleep while clinging to the ceiling in bat from?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Aren't they already scary?
    My sim that keeps getting fed off of at night seems to think they are scary enough when they drain her of blood, and she can’t make it to work, lol. But now that we have the scared emotion, it might be nice to see sims scared of vampires in their vampire form and when they hiss.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    My sim that keeps getting fed off of at night seems to think they are scary enough when they drain her of blood, and she can’t make it to work, lol. But now that we have the scared emotion, it might be nice to see sims scared of vampires in their vampire form and when they hiss.

Agreed on the hissing. All that seems to do is lower relationship with a Sim- but if a vampire is in a good relationship with the Sim that hears the hissing, the scared moodlet shouldn't appear, imo.