Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should we be able to make vampires that are actually scary?

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yes. I want scary vampires!
    Also this is why there should be vampire hunter NPCs, as a way to counteract the chaos.

but only if i can freaking get to assign all the npcs myself and game doesn't juggle them afterwards because I'm so tired of them being randomized townies or most ill fitting premades 100% of the time

even the CoL roles got taken by randomized sims and its so annoying

and they really be expecting me to refresh in spa when yoga instructor is Mila Munch and massages and nailcare are handed out by evil aliens? really? please just let me assign the freaking roles p_p

but yeah after that id love to have vampire hunter npc role

or actually even better play as one

and there should definitely be at very least a toggle so game stops spawning endless randomized vampires cause what is the point of curing them if game just spawns more
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Also this is why there should be vampire hunter NPCs, as a way to counteract the chaos.

but only if i can freaking get to assign all the npcs myself and game doesn't juggle them afterwards because I'm so tired of them being randomized townies or most ill fitting premades 100% of the time

and they really be expecting me to refresh in spa when yoga instructor is Mila Munch and massages and nailcare are handed out by evil aliens? really? please just let me assign the freaking roles p_p

and there should definitely be at very least a toggle so game stops spawning endless randomized vampires cause what is the point of curing them if game just spawns more

You already can play as a vampire hunter. Gain level 10 athletic, I think 15 vampire lore, and max mixology. Then make the potion to cure vampirism, and go knock on Vlad's door...
  • Options
    edited September 2021

You already can play as a vampire hunter. Gain level 10 athletic, I think 15 vampire lore, and max mixology. Then make the potion to cure vampirism, and go knock on Vlad's door...

but its a pointless quest as vlad will immediately be taken over by randomized townie vampire that is less cool

there is no emptying town of vampires as a whole so there is no point to it
  • Options

but its a pointless quest as vlad will immediately be taken over by randomized townie vampire that is less cool

Hm. Perhaps add a toggle for who the vampire hunters can go after- like, if you want Vlad to yourself, shut off them going after other NPCs if you don't want to get chased as a vampire, shut off them hunting you.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Hm. Perhaps add a toggle for who the vampire hunters can go after- like, if you want Vlad to yourself, shut off them going after other NPCs if you don't want to get chased as a vampire, shut off them hunting you.

i mean if its a npc it would probably be best served as lot challenge therefore not threat to sims i do not want to get hunted

but id still love to assign the hunter cause i swear game would literally just assign eliza pancakes or something and ruin the vibes
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think it would be awesome to have a "play with your food" option for vamps who get a thrill from chase and/or struggle, who find the liquor of life tastes better with a kick of adrenaline. But mods are the answer so far.

Why do I love this so much?๐Ÿ‘€
    I love all of these ideas. Scary vampires, vampire human haunting activities! And throwing a cure on a vampire is not exactly my idea of fun vampire hunting.

I think it's one of best done occults but lacks ways to make them feel more authentically vampire. Like they have no activities fit for them.
    Knitting? Embroidery? Soccer?
    Not that vampires can't do those things a few occult related or darker activities would be nice.
    And definitely more horrified reactions from sims would make it worth it to go out and night and creep sims out.

Or even if my vampire club arrived at the nightclub and everyone gets creeped out. Then once my vampires start biting people and showing their true form (non occult) sims gets terrified and starts going crazy. Would love to make chaos like that๐Ÿ˜ˆ
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Or... What if vampire hunters came only for vampires with a bad reputation? This would add more depth to the Master Vampire.
  • Options
    I think it would be awesome to have a "play with your food" option for vamps who get a thrill from chase and/or struggle, who find the liquor of life tastes better with a kick of adrenaline. But mods are the answer so far.

I love all of these ideas. Scary vampires, vampire human haunting activities! And throwing a cure on a vampire is not exactly my idea of fun vampire hunting.

I think it's one of best done occults but lacks ways to make them feel more authentically vampire. Like they have no activities fit for them.
    Not that vampires can't do those things a few occult related or darker activities would be nice.
    And definitely more horrified reactions from sims would make it worth it to go out and night and creep sims out.

Or even if my vampire club arrived at the nightclub and everyone gets creeped out. Then once my vampires start biting people and showing their true form (non occult) sims gets terrified and starts going crazy. Would love to make chaos like that๐Ÿ˜ˆ

I doubt EA will make something to stake them- mods would have to do that, unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

I doubt EA will make something to stake them- mods would have to do that, unfortunately.

I mean we have sword fighting and vampiric spar so they could at least epic spar until one loses the battle and gets turned either vampire or back to human or collected all dramatically by grimmy

no need to show the using stake part
  • Options

I mean we have sword fighting and vampiric spar so they could at least epic spar until one loses the battle and gets turned either vampire or back to human or collected all dramatically by grimmy

no need to show the using stake part

If vampire hunters can kill, vampires should as well. Not sure if it would happen, but it would be cool.
  • Options
    Also I want to add one more thing- I don't want all vampires to be inherently scary. I have one vampire Sim I use all the time.

The storyline is a sad one. Forced to watch everyone she ever knew continually die off, she separates herself from society. Instead, she tries to fill the gap with intense studies. I don't mind just giving her weaknesses that make her disliked, but she's not the type to just go around and terrify everyone. In more saves than one, even Vladislaus- her most trusted mentor- died before her very eyes.

Please just add the scary stuff as optional.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Maybe.
    Not my first priority, but why not? I have nothing against it, as long as it's optional.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited September 2021
    I think Vampires in the Sims 4 are almost the best they could possibly be but a couple of things could be added to make them better.

1. I wouldn't mind them to have a scary aura in fact I think Vampiric auras could come in a couple of types. For example Scary, Regal, Morbid. This could be something they add to the Vampiric Powers you can choose.

2. They just need a couple of new powers

Walking down walls
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lucrJmdbi0

The Rats at the 1 minute mark
    https://youtu.be/mzyeGBdQmCM?t=71

Levitation
    https://youtu.be/eC5HZzjjI9Y

I'd love the Summon Eclipsing Fog as a Vampiric Power
    ts3_weatherstone_fog.jpg

Homicidal Shadows
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzeqvq4lFeU
    nosferatu10.jpg

Leaning over a Sims while Sleeping
    Nosferatu+11.jpg
    NosferatuNewsHeader.jpg
    BELA3.jpg

3. Vampire dueling Witches. I would love to have Witches and Vampires fight. I think it would be pretty wicked to see. I think it could be just a small tweak to give them dueling type powers based upon the traditional Vampire skill set. I know that there is a brand of magic in Fantasy called blood magic maybe a fw ideas pulled from there.

4. I think these New Lots are definitely in order
    Cemetery and Vampire Night Clubs for Community Lots
    grave.jpg
    the_sims_3_supernatural_image_a4oBn.jpg
    lg_819ba5-HighgateCemeteryHighgateVampire_tombs.jpg
    3063362698_6bf14ef9ae_b.jpg

Thank You Mod the Sims for the picture
    MTS_ruthless_kk-1151597-VIP-area.jpg
    Bmgz1lbCEAAFt9Z.jpg

5. Pet Bat Pictured is not a Vampire bat but one of the cute Flying Foxes
    1bf7bbfde7b5c2fe9e029b6f47cc109a.jpg
    t6kd8apdavj41.jpg

6. Plasma Fruit Bath
    MTS_gwillewyn-385606-BloodBath.jpg
    Coffin Tub from Sims Freeplay
    IMG_0247.JPG

7. A few things to make their homes a bit more scary. Because if their homes cannot look scary and imposing neither will they.

Vintage Vampire Bat Illustrations Framed - Just for a bit of ambiance
    79e6ef2ea4b685a230b40cea34f8a2c0.jpg

More Gargoyle Decor
    wNITX.png
    MTS_gromit-122444-GarDeskPrev03.jpg

Now that is a fireplace in a vampire's house
    img_0654.JPG

The Sims 3 Store's Gothique Collection had several wonderful decorative pieces that would be wonderful in a Vamp home.
    Thumbnail_300x300.png
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

Thumbnail_300x300.png
    Thumbnail_300x300.png
    Thumbnail_300x300.png
    Thumbnail_300x300.png
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

Sims 2 had the best coffins
    MTS_zedrik-128873-coffin_darkgreen.jpg

Bat Houses

Victorian
    Heartwood-010B-Victorian-Bat-House.jpg

Modern
    721264m2_ts.jpg

Castle Build Pieces
    butterdrac5.jpg
    Thumbnail_300x300.png
    Thumbnail_300x300.png
    Thumbnail_300x300.png
    469741_ca885dbf.jpg
    dracula92017.jpg
    b7f9bd2686140ad9d4fac07c6e9a2709c4465d3d_2_1024x656.jpeg
    337570569_11092d4d7f_b.jpg
    i13Drawbridge-788x1024-1.jpg
    bs5Cj_jP4hs1Ht-kVmDR0MazHtAQjtcmt2ai17wIRUg.png?auto=webp&s=79d476db785e6af8ad9d0b46f6906f52231f92f6

Castles should also have equivalent fireplaces
    MTS_TheJim07-1757726-02.jpg

Moon Phases
    8_moonphasesw.jpg

8. Vampire Manicure
    e97b9b75564c3694f2497da393d0da1e.jpg
    17-totalbeauty-logo-bewitching-halloween-nail-art.jpeg

9. Finally some of the vampires lore has them having an awful smell coming off of them mostly from their breath. Perhaps foul breath could be a weakness
    2ebaca7d4becc128f15ed659e62533b5.jpg
    Post edited by redrogue60 on
    โ€œAll mushrooms are edible, but some only once.โ€ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    True! I have a character who, despite even being good, scares the heck out of people. An aura would let it do that
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Aren't they already scary?
    Sims have strong emotional reactions to finding out someone is an Alien in the game but none of that exists for Vampires. I always thought that was odd.
  • Options
    Personally, I wish we could have that trait Temperance has that makes Sims terrified by the mere sight of her- but only when they're in dark form.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sims shouldn't be scared of vampires immediately since vampire sims look like human super models, the Terrified and Scared moodlet should however show up the moment vampires sims start using their powers, biting normal sims and all hell breaks loose, I never understood how drinking plasma from a sim causes my neighbors to hate me but not fear me, you should be ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ your parts to the moment a vampire shows up and starts drinking your friend dry in front of you.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Maybe.
    If scarier means more autonomous vampire interactions, then I don't want that. I play rotationally and usually in settings where vampires don't exist or where they are rare and not organized enough to do whatever they please. I don't fancy my played vampires to taste-test a townie in plain sight while the game controls them, because that would force my other played sims to anihilate or at the very least arrest the vampire. Scratch one cute bat, just because there is no way to teach the game my lore (and laws)? No, thanks.

More options for the player to make vampires a menace would be welcome.
  • Options
    If scarier means more autonomous vampire interactions, then I don't want that. I play rotationally and usually in settings where vampires don't exist or where they are rare and not organized enough to do whatever they please. I don't fancy my played vampires to taste-test a townie in plain sight while the game controls them, because that would force my other played sims to anihilate or at the very least arrest the vampire. Scratch one cute bat, just because there is no way to teach the game my lore (and laws)? No, thanks.

More options for the player to make vampires a menace would be welcome.

This could be a toggle... Sometimes I would want to see things go to heck, and other times I want to cause the chaos. I doubt I'm the only one.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Maybe.
    I've always found Dracula creepy but in a good way. I also like Barnabas in the Dark Shadows Movie. That was just way too hilarious. :D>:)B)
  • Options
    Also they seem to not have anything for occult kids. I wonder if they should make little vampires bite from time to time? Not like the adults, more as little nips to show they're thirsty. And give the vampire kids little wings and a dark from they can use if they want to scare away annoying or mischievous Sims.
  • Options
    I think Vampires in the Sims 4 are almost the best they could possibly be but a couple of things could be added to make them better.

1. I wouldn't mind them to have a scary aura in fact I think Vampiric auras could come in a couple of types. For example Scary, Regal, Morbid. This could be something they add to the Vampiric Powers you can choose.

2. They just need a couple of new powers

Walking down walls
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lucrJmdbi0

The Rats at the 1 minute mark
    https://youtu.be/mzyeGBdQmCM?t=71

Levitation
    https://youtu.be/eC5HZzjjI9Y

I'd love the Summon Eclipsing Fog as a Vampiric Power
    ts3_weatherstone_fog.jpg

3. I think these New Lots are definitely in order
    Cemetery and Vampire Night Clubs for Community Lots
    grave.jpg
    the_sims_3_supernatural_image_a4oBn.jpg

Thank You Mod the Sims for the picture
    MTS_ruthless_kk-1151597-VIP-area.jpg
    Bmgz1lbCEAAFt9Z.jpg

4. Pet Bat Pictured is not a Vampire bat but one of the cute Flying Foxes
    1bf7bbfde7b5c2fe9e029b6f47cc109a.jpg
    t6kd8apdavj41.jpg

5. Plasma Fruit Bath
    MTS_gwillewyn-385606-BloodBath.jpg
    Coffin Tub from Sims Freeplay
    IMG_0247.JPG

6. A few things to make their homes a bit more scary

Vintage Vampire Bat Illustrations Framed - Just for a bit of ambiance
    79e6ef2ea4b685a230b40cea34f8a2c0.jpg

Gargoyle decor
    wNITX.png
    MTS_gromit-122444-GarDeskPrev03.jpg

Now that is a fireplace in a vampire's house
    img_0654.JPG

Sims 2 had the best coffins
    MTS_zedrik-128873-coffin_darkgreen.jpg

Bat Houses

Victorian
    Heartwood-010B-Victorian-Bat-House.jpg

Modern
    721264m2_ts.jpg

If we can pet bats, can we also feed and command them? That would be cool.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I already have mods to make my vampires scary and deadly, but I'd love if they officially made them scarier, even if just by a little bit.

Maybe sims within a radius of a vampire that's either feeding or in dark form would get a strong fear buff that would cause them to run away unless they have the brave or evil trait, a new supernatural lover trait, are close friends or family of the vampire, or are a vampire themselves. Squeamish sims could faint and hot-headed sims could get angry and try to fight the vampire.

I'd also love it if after a vampire mesmerizes a sim, they could order that sim to follow them or direct them to walk somewhere specific so that they may feed in privacy if they so wish.

A lot trait/challenge that would make vampire invasions more common would also be nice. They could just upgrade the current vampire nexus lot trait to do so, because as of right now I don't think it does a whole lot.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited September 2021
    You can build rooms based on emotional deaths, an anger room, a laugher room and an embarrassed room, trapped a normal sims in one of these rooms, then teleport into the room with normal sim and use burst of anger, laugher or embarassed in their respective rooms, you can basically murder normal sims with vampires, and you can cause group deaths with this, yep that's right you can kill multiple sims all at once.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

haha, yeah...I had a scenario like that one time in Sims4 when I had a LOT of mods going on and it was epic! Basically, Max and Hugo Villareal were both vampires (my Vampire Hugo Villareal is one suave ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ...he's in the gallery if anyone's interested) but Max, being evil, well, decided it would be fun to seduce Hugo's wife right there in the gothic club I had made, and the mods I had in place really worked overtime. Hugo walked in on it, flew into a passion, had it out with his brother but wasn't willing to end him, but went into a frenzy and started Deep Drinking all the mortals in the club one after another! The packed dancefloor started filling up with urns and crying/hysterical Sims while a few fled the scene and got away. Then Max laughed when Hugo's rage abated, and he started weeping in remorse for what he had done...because Hugo wasn't evil. Oooo that Max is the devil himself, in my game! He even went and killed Vlad, for Master Vampire Wolfgang Munch (who couldn't do it because Vlad was his Sire..tried but it didn't work: nothing happened. So he dispatched Vlad, then laughed over the remains! It was quite a game! Then Wolfgang took up residence in Vlad's manse, expanded it greatly while staying true to the original style, and moved in with his vampiric progeny.

Oh man this makes me want to actually do the work of updating all the mods and going back to that save.

But none of that can happen without Loads Of Mods. Thank goodness for all the modders out there turning a sow's ear (Sims4) into a silk purse for us!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg