Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day Refresh Official Countdown Thread (Out Now)!!!!!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited September 2021
    So testing out the nails in CAS, I ran into a small issue. When using nails, one of the jackets my sim were wearing had this streak of the color of the nails. It it seems to be the only outfit like that and hope it get fix as I used that jacket for one of sims; but it seems to be the only item affected so far.

Edit-Also like to not that the toe nails may not work with some custom content shoes/sandals. I figure that might happen; probably not something we can do to fix it; the cc creator would probably have to and some shoes are old and probably won't be updated.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2021
    wrong thread
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I noticed the streak of the colour of the nails too in the Romantic Garden dress my sim is wearing :( It didn't show with all the nails, only with some of them.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member

there's also a special (angry) moodlet for disliked colors

btw, what do you think of the new aspirations being just one tier each?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2021

I just experienced this in my gameplay....such an amazing detail...

Also love how sims can now soak their feet before pedicures:

aXTUvv1.png

I am however experiencing some bugs with the pack that weren't there before:

1. Face masks that sims order go into the fridge's inventory instead of the sim's....so NPC's that order the masks will not get them and will fill the inventory of the fridge with masks.
    2. Face masks cost no money (this probably has to do with the new spa membership trait), but nonetheless they can be sold at a profit of 20 simoleons. Who needs a job right?
    3. Sims getting foot massages are constantly putting on and off their shoes....

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    cool so far I just can't find the face masks.

also I noticed a bug, the toe nail polish disappeared after changing to different open toe shoes and sims are doing yoga with their shoes on not a big deal just noticed.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited September 2021

also I noticed a bug, the toe nail polish disappeared after changing to different open toe shoes and sims are doing yoga with their shoes on not a big deal just noticed.

they're attached to the mini cooler looking object that came in the refresh. The 10 items were star'd for me! I haven't used yet.

I just came to share that I did things with my Sim today that I had wanted to when they first announced this pack 6 years ago!! lol I just took my sim to the big park area in San Myshuno and had her teach a yoga class. The spot I picked wasn't actually ideal tho it "placed" so a few sims couldn't join who would have! She has a high wellness skill in my game, so I guess that helped. I also clicked "invite sim" on 3 of them or no one would have bothered I feel like lol gonna have to promote. But doing Yoga by the lake in the city park area was awesome.

I really notice that they are making updates and changes to their methodology so items have a more sandbox play style to them. So far I know that I could create a "salon" style business and my sims can tend the chair on retail lots but no one spawns on the lot for the service chair when visiting it. I love that I can teach a yoga class in the middle of San Myshuno park. I mean, I absolutely love this. I didn't do mediation yet, but it will be the same way! The fact you can make money and don't even need a lot is awesome. I am so in love with the added gameplay for the "open areas". Focusing the gameplay to be tied to an object rather than the lot type allows us to make multi-purpose lots. How many of you have a one floor retail lot that has a fake apartment above it or nothing at all and would be perfect to add a mini spa, or yoga studio or mediation center and etc without needed lot specific coding to allow it function! I am testing more as I go today, but right now I am stoked that I am in the middle of the park by the lake teaching a class to two sims lol

I was hoping that they would think of the salon chair in this pack update and patch a change into it so it was usable in the same way as the other items so that a legit salon could be created! maybe in the future! gonna keep dropping that thought about hoping it gets back to them lol
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Conclue wrote: »

they're attached to the mini cooler looking object that came in the refresh. The 10 items were star'd for me! I haven't used yet.

I just came to share that I did things with my Sim today that I had wanted to when they first announced this pack 6 years ago!! lol I just took my sim to the big park area in San Myshuno and had her teach a yoga class. The spot I picked wasn't actually ideal tho it "placed" so a few sims couldn't join who would have! She has a high wellness skill in my game, so I guess that helped. I also clicked "invite sim" on 3 of them or no one would have bothered I feel like lol gonna have to promote. But doing Yoga by the lake in the city park area was awesome.

I really notice that they are making updates and changes to their methodology so items have a more sandbox play style to them. So far I know that I could create a "salon" style business and my sims can tend the chair on retail lots but no one spawns on the lot for the service chair when visiting it. I love that I can teach a yoga class in the middle of San Myshuno park. I mean, I absolutely love this. I didn't do mediation yet, but it will be the same way! The fact you can make money and don't even need a lot is awesome. I am so in love with the added gameplay for the "open areas". Focusing the gameplay to be tied to an object rather than the lot type allows us to make multi-purpose lots. How many of you have a one floor retail lot that has a fake apartment above it or nothing at all and would be perfect to add a mini spa, or yoga studio or mediation center and etc without needed lot specific coding to allow it function! I am testing more as I go today, but right now I am stoked that I am in the middle of the park by the lake teaching a class to two sims lol
    I wish they would add a 'service' type ownlable lot where you can charge entrance or similar and have sims spawn for that, and I would love even more if we could customize different npc's and sims to spawn for different activities on both community lots and retail lots.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    kv6srvm.png
    This fish mask is adorable.
    O0IxTw5.png
    Had my sim invite her sister in law on vacation just to go hang out and get their nails done I like the designs we got.
    RkhWdO0.png
    I was looking at the laptop while at their rental and found the option to buy face masks from there as well.
    PdOQuog.png
    It's a nice little thing to have.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    So far it is nice overall and liked the details; but I and a few others reported some bugs with the nails (such as the issue with some clothing; probably a UV mapping issue) and hopefully that can be fixed soon. I get sometimes bugs happen; but wanted to make sure they were aware of it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I was hoping that they would think of the salon chair in this pack update and patch a change into it so it was usable in the same way as the other items so that a legit salon could be created! maybe in the future! gonna keep dropping that thought about hoping it gets back to them lol

Yes if you have the new mini fridge in a spa sims are constant cooking food and leaving it. Maxis is going to have to tune that down
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Does anyone know the cheat name for the new wellness aspiration bonus trait Spa Membership?
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the cheat name for the new wellness aspiration bonus trait Spa Membership?

traits.equip_trait wellness_SpaMembership
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    kusurusu wrote: »
    Calico45 wrote: »

traits.equip_trait wellness_SpaMembership

Thank you!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Currently playing offline but I am really looking forward to seeing this in game later on :)

- you can make money without adding a career. Yay!!! I have wanted that for years.
    - kids can do yoga!! My sons makes little meditation lessons for me that he learned in preschool.
    - the new trait and aspirations sounds like fun too.
    - that nails added in gameplay are temporary, that is a nice touch.

I am really happy about this upgrade. Hope they will continue to do this for more packs.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

Are you talking about the chair that came with Get Famous? Seems more likely that if they make this change (which is a good idea, I agree!), that it would come with a refresh of Get Famous rather than Spa Day.