Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying Cottage Living?

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    Maybe, waiting for more info
    I've already made my Over the Rainbow Cottage Farm with my Zelena & Dorothy sims.
    I've also just made my Laura & Anne sims.
    They are based from Little House on the Prairie & Anne of Green Gables. ;)
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    edited June 2021
    I would need to upgrade my computer first, but out of all of the expansion packs (that I don't already own), this is one that would be at the top of the list in terms of interest. Having said that I am on a tight budget and would prioritise packs that contain occults, because that's my game style. So I'll be holding off until 1) I've purchased other packs with occults I don't already own, and 2) I'll wait to hear if and when there will be any other occult packs released. I doubt the Cottage Living pack is going anywhere in a hurry, so it's not a big deal for me to wait a year or two and buy other packs in the meantime.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yes, on release day/pre-ordering
    Yes I am. I think it looks really fun plus I'm trying to own all the packs (except for the supernatural/fantasy packs). :) I've never tried that before so I'm doing that this time around.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Animals being tied down yet again isn't what I wanted, but it will have many things I do like and is better than nothing. Hate that there's no pigs. I will pre-order when I get time. I want the free stuff.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Yes, but waiting for a sale
    I say I am waiting for a sale, but that depends how long I have to wait. I will at least wait until all my mods are updated, and then see how much fun others are having with it. If I get eager I will end up not waiting, but I'm not planning to pre-order or buy it on day one. It does look like fun, and I have all the packs except Batuu, and most of the kits, but I am still exploring several other packs so not in a rush.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    No, it doesn't interest me
    Unless it's revealed that my alien sims can abduct the animals, vampire sims can make new plasma packs with them or that ghosts can possess them, then I'm probably going to abstain for now.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I bought it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Already preordered it
  • Options
    RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    Definitely on release day! I have been wanting a pack like this for such a long time and I adore the build mode content!! I think the extra items for buying early are cute, but they aren't really influencing my decision. I just really want this pack!
  • Options
    ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    It's not really a pack that interests me right now, but we'll see when it's out if I'll change my mind!
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited June 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Usually I wait for a BoGo 50% off sale, I think Discover University, and Cottage Living will be the choices...
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,364 Member
    edited June 2021
    I typically wait until the tutorials/guides come out (the ones that explain in detail how each part of the pack works and what you can do with it) before making a decision about any game pack or expansion pack. And then I wait until I have an idea how I might want to use some of those features. And then if I decide I want it, I wait for a sale.

There have been a couple exceptions, like Snowy Escape and Realm of Magic where I got super excited right from the start. But most packs have included a mix of features I want and features I don't want or don't like the way they were done, so I have a hard time deciding.

With Cottage Living, I want the world (I always want more worlds, and especially I want more rural worlds with secluded lots), and I like that it looks like kids get some more things they can do. But I'm not happy about the cows and llamas being tied to an object that has to be placed on the lot. For some reason the chicken coops don't bother me, but the cow and llama sheds do. I'd rather build my own housing structures for them.

And I feel like at this point, I have a lot of questions about various aspects of the pack that I so far haven't seen clear answers to. So I'll need a lot more information before making a decision.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    I am definitely buying when it's on sale! I wish I could buy it as soon as it's released because I love the concept and I can already think of a million things I want to try. But alas I can't afford it so I'll have to wait!

The things I love so far: all the animals (especially the LLAMAS!), Mrs. Crumplebottom, the jams, the picnic basket, the crops and teaching your kids to bake. I'm very excited to have a farm. I think playing this pack along with Cats and Dogs, Knifty Knitting and Seasons will be so much fun. I can't wait!

Also, I was thinking just before the trailer dropped on how much I'd rather have sheep than horses in game. I watched the Farmland mod trailer and the sheep are so fluffy and cute. And there's also the yarn the sims could use. My surname means sheep so I'm slightly obsessed irl. And then someone on youtube said something about how EA should make llamas because they'd work more or less the same and they are so iconic to the franchise. I completely agreed... and the next day the trailer dropped with llamas! I was so happy, I couldn't care less about the horses at that moment.
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    I'll either pre-order it or buy on release!
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Regretfully, I think I am...LOL

I really wanted a pack like this so here is hoping for the best *sigh*
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Yes, I pre-ordered it. I think it looks really pretty.I think the little animals look real cute. I am looking forward to its release.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Just pre-ordered so... I think that means I'm buying it. ;)

It looks like it will have a lot of great stuff even if it's not for a theme I'm "looking for".

Last week I bought Island Living fully expecting to almost not care for it. It was just an itch I needed to scratch = and now my game has been taken over by having every single lot in Sulani as an active house with no end in sight of using that content.

I just hope that Carl guy gives this one an extremely bad review - because I've found that the more he dislikes a pack, the more I like it, and vice versa. :tongue:
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    All I want to know is how buggy it'll all be. If it's crashing or not working as intended then I am not buying it, so ultimately I'll wait until Twitter starts revealing what's wrong with it.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I'll probably get it in a bundle with the Dream Home Decorator game pack when I have time to play them.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    I usually wait for reviews and bug reports by non-GameChangers as I don't feel like paying the full sum just for being EA's beta tester.

By the time the most serious bugs are repaired, the EP will probably be already available with a discount.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Yes, but "waiting for a sale" really means "waiting for all the important mods I use to update to the new release." I'm waiting for a sale on DHD, but I really want the stuff that's in Cottage Living--I just don't want it bad enough to play without mods.
  • Options
    tinker_bellatinker_bella Posts: 64 Member
    I think I need to see others play it first... not sure it will contain all the depth I expect of a pack with that name.
    Gallery - xXxXxbellaxXxXx (tedious to type - I know!)

Feel free to ask for cc links <3

• Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Waiting to see the damage with the bugs before making a definite decision, though I am leaning heavily towards yes.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults