Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, May 6th

Comments

• Options
    DevonArticulatesDevonArticulates Posts: 1 New Member
    Are we ever going to see representation of the disabled community in game? I feel as if I see people asking this a lot and the response from the team is always that they are keen to make it happen too and yet nothing has happened.

Has the team had negative feedback about how to implement this. Has the team been working with a diverse group of disabled individuals who are passionate about healthy representation? Are there people in the chain of decision making saying no?
  • Options
    somecreativeccsomecreativecc Posts: 1 New Member
    While I appreciate the diversity that you have looked into recently, I think there still can be more. As a Jewish simmer, I am saddened by the fact that there is not bg long curly hair and that I need other packs to make a sim look even close to me. I am also upset that the songs sims sing when lighting the menorah (one of the few representations in the game) they sing either generic songs or Christmas songs.
  • Options
    Pocketpocket5Pocketpocket5 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I'm ukrainian native speaker and i love The Sims, but The Sims don't have ukrainian localisation, it's so sad for me and others million ukrainian native speaker who love play in this game.
    You have a Czech localization, and there are about 10 million Czech speakers in the world, while there are 40 million Ukrainian speakers and you do not have a Ukrainian localization!
    I know that people from Ukraine took part in the development of the game and ukrainian language it's a part of simlish.
  • Options
    pixelypainterpixelypainter Posts: 1 New Member
    A Big Plus-Sized Problems

When The Sims Spark’d was announced I was very excited because I’m a huge fan of Mollie, but something I’ve been aware of became even more apparent to me. During your sims styling challenge where you asked for diversity in the sims (specifically body type) y’all critiqued the lack of plus-size representation when you haven’t opened that door for it to happen. As a plus-sized person I always noticed plus-sized sims almost looked like caricatures of what actual plus-sized people look like. They look like they are squeezing into clothes, all of the belly sizes make any six look pregnant, plus size sims, to me, also look extremely tall because of how off y’all’ve made their proportions. I know this is an issue that mostly cannot be fixed in the Sims 4, but I would love for it to be fixed in the next installment of the series.

Teens Aren’t Teens

I know you’ve heard this complaint, but Teen sims do not feel like teenagers. They feel like watered down young adults. I personally feel as if this is giving into how media across the board depicts teens. While I love Euphoria, shows having young adults play teens warps actual teenagers perspective of themselves. Teen sims having no defining traits between teen, young adult, and adult further perpetuates this issue.

Base Game is Basic for a Reason

I know we receive many base game updates which I am greatly appreciative of, but there are so many bugs that y’all, seemingly, refuse to fix before creating a new pack we have to buy. Also, please stop taking P A I D content and moving it to base game. I know it’s minute, but I’ve bought a couple packs for the sake of a few items and when they get moved to base game it feels like a waste of money. If you want those items in base game, JUST ADD THEM TO BASE GAME. There’s not reason to do this switcheroo on people.
  • Options
    kipper123kipper123 Posts: 595 Member
    Dear Sims Team,

First, thank you for making the franchise I’ve played since I was 7 years old. Thank you for all the passion and hard work you put into the games and thank you for being a part of the community with us simmers. You probably don’t hear it enough, but we all truly love The Sims!

Personally, I think the Sims 4 is a great game. Is it my favourite in the series? No. But that’s okay. I still love it and hope I can offer some thoughts as a player from launch to now.

One of my biggest disappointments in TS4 was the downgrade from open worlds to closed neighbourhoods. I’m guessing this was a leftover trade off from the original plans to make Sims 4 all online (open worlds and story progression scrapped in favour of multiplayer? Or maybe not, just a hunch!) and initially the game felt lifeless as a result. However, over the last few years I really want to say a HUGE thank you for continuing to find creative ways around base game restrictions. The changing scenery in Evergreen Harbour and Sulani, the addition of larger areas to explore in Mt. Komorebi, and of course the Magic Realm! These places have done so much to help the worlds feel alive, while working around the restriction of loading individual lots.

Next up, the emotions over traits. This was a mechanic I was open to but quickly realised how much it just wasn’t for me. The lack of traits and especially their lack of impacting gameplay was really jarring... Sims in TS3 all feel unique; so many traits and Lifetime Wishes created a near infinite amount of unique personalities! Therefore, the recent update to many base game traits was much appreciated. I understand it’s a personal preference, Sims 4 was designed and marketed heavily towards the new emotions system, so changing it now would be taking away part of what TS4 was built upon. So my honest feedback here is that I preferred emotions in the Sims 3, having their mood tied to the aspiration metre and effected by their moodlets, which were influenced by their needs, traits and environment. It’s not a hugely important mechanic and it doesn’t overshadow each sims’ individuality.

Also, I miss the open-ended Aspirations from past games. Sims 4 feels more like a tutorial (and I’m sure you’ve heard this phrase a lot today, so I’ll try to give an explanation). As my little sims go through life they might reach their goals, or they might not, either is okay! But having that far distant dream helps keep them going with a sense of direction and purpose. However, in the Sims 4, it feels like their whole lives are just series of checklists. This honestly hits a bit too close to home and is somewhat depressing to think about XD Your brand mantra is “play with life!” not “cross off another thing on your to-do list!”

Lastly, I just want to mention pre-teens and how I don’t feel like we need them. Instead, I’d love to see more things for TEENS to do! Yes, the height difference between kids and teens has always felt weird, but I’m guessing the reason behind it was lack of time to create assets and animations for another character model. Fair enough, of course I can’t overstate how thankful I was to have toddlers added a few years ago!! But the base game launching initially with 2 life stages (kids + teen/ya/adult/elder combo) was... odd. A babies update and Generations pack would be amazing. But thank you for all the effort you’ve put into improving family gameplay across several packs and free updates so far.

I probably have more thoughts, but this feels like plenty for now!! If you’ve read all the way through, thank you. As a team I have no doubt you’re all amazing and creative people <3 I’ll be a simmer for many many more years to come and I’m excited to see what the future holds!
    Always remember you are braver than you think, stronger than you seem and smarter than you believe ~ Christopher Robin
  • Options
    rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    - plant sims does look more like a temporary disease than a state of life. Need an update.
    - The sims Get to work you also need an update on hospitals that don't work properly. Sims don't sit around waiting for doctors.
    - Wheres burglar? The Police without get to work?
    - The base game has no story progression. The game cannot generate families with babies on its own or define marriages and relationships.
    - The aliens need overhaul too.
    - Kits are a great way to return some content from other generations like the classic TS1 aquarium or a world based on the old city.
    - The sims 4 needs more grace and deeper content. Why don't we have hotels on island living?
    - Why we don't have The Sims 2 NPCs like Therapist?
  • Options
    gameplayersims4gameplayersims4 Posts: 1 New Member
    Ukraine is the largest country in Europe with a population of 40 million people and yet despite this, there are not many video games with Ukrainian localisation. Ukrainians have to choose either English or Russian localisations when they want to have fun with their favorite video game. This includes Sims 4. 😔

Ukrainian neighbor Poland with a population of 38 million people has Polish localisation available. Ukrainians also need a localisation in their native Ukrainian language for the full immersion in the game. Not to mention that Ukrainian language has certain features which are not found in other languages and which will only enrich the gaming experience and fun of Ukrainian gamers. ✌️

Another example. Despite the fact that Scandinavian languages are mutually intelligible, in countries such as Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Norwegian, Danish and Swedish localisations were created. Not to mention Finland, which also has a Finnish version of the game, although the official lang for 5 million citizens is also Swedish. 🤔

Adding Ukrainian localisation on Sims 4 will immediately hit Ukrainian media headings and increase interest to the game. This will also skyrocket sales of Sims 4 in Ukraine and other countries with Ukrainian diaspora as well as decrease piracy. No longer Ukrainians will have to download the pirated versions in order to fullfil their natural and undeniable right and desire to have a video game in their native Ukrainian language. 💞

Therefore, we, Ukrainian gamers, politely ask Electoronic Arts Inc. (EA) and Maxis to have a team of professionals do the Ukrainian localisation which will only benefit all parties - Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), Maxis and Ukrainian gamers. 👌

We also kindly ask you who is reading this to support this petition by signing it as well as sharing this with your friends, thus helping restore great justice and defend an unalienable right of the people to have their favorite game available in their language.

💜🧡❤️
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm sure after 10 pages at least somebody has said something that was on my mind for gameplay, so I'll just keep mine short and for other topics. :lol:

Is there any possibility that modding support/info from Gurus in the Mods & CC Technical Discussions could come back, even if it's only an answer every few months? It's been a few years since a Guru has answered any threads on there, and there's still some topics that could use an answer or discussion, like a .bt for magalogs for grouped items in the catalogue (like bunk beds or robot vacuums), a few other unknown resources still, any extra info on custom VFX to avoid conflicts, is the 32bit requirement for CC chairs permanent or not, etc. Or even an explanation as to why it stopped, maybe?

Also, could roadmaps possibly come back in the future, at least for the main packs and not the kits? I'm assuming the kits might make the roadmaps harder to put together, but I think we'd be fine not seeing them and being surprised. But knowing which major pack type is coming is very helpful.

And I know it's time consuming, but threads, streams, etc. discussing or showing how things work or are made is helpful and I hope we see more in the future. Like during the Extra Life stream you guys had the audio, animation, etc. teams discuss how stuff was done. And the threads covering the voted packs and the steps involved were interesting to read.

Thank you for reading. :smiley:
  • Options
    rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    stop moving paid content to the base game.
    If I paid for something, it was because it made sense at that time.
    Define exactly what goes to the base and what goes to the paid content so you don't have to keep doing this type of thing with the players.
  • Options
    joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    I sadly feel like the concept of “Game Packs” and “Expansion Packs” made the gameplay fit into smaller boxes that aren’t beneficial or make a player decide to not stay longer, because they’re tired of the small content. Would it ever be possible to have an expansion pack release at the same price later but with MORE items, and gameplay? The Sims 3 we had a complete occult system with just ONE expansion pack while here The Sims 4 has split them apart, with different occult systems not having the same treatment with one another. I also feel severely trapped inside a small map when it comes to the worlds that are given. I have so much trouble picking a city to live in because they’re all just so small and have zero replay value except maybe something like San Myshuno.
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • Options
    laytichnayalaytichnaya Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello from Ukraine!

I and many Ukrainian simmers are upset, that we don't have the opportunity to see our native language on Sims 4. Our hashtag #theSimsУкраїнською on Twitter even was on the top. And no, we can't play in Russian, because we are UKRAINIANS and deserve to see OUR language. I know, that ukrainian localization would increase Sims 4 popularity.

<3
  • Options
    ShepardJarydShepardJaryd Posts: 2 New Member
    This game needs some sort of attention to the console versions, pc have hundreds of fun mods but we on console have very little to do on top of the poor optimization that takes forever just to load into the game.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I remember back in the day when kids were able to play hop scouts, cops and robber, chase one another ,you know just being kids.
    As a young teenager I remember wanting to learn how to drive, go to my first slow dance at school and just love the idea of being old enough to do things without my parents but yet young enough to still need them.
    Now that I'm retired, I'm enjoying my life with my friends by playing  bingo, slow dancing, even learning to ball dance.
      I  wish I was able to lounge back with an  glass of wine and just talk sitting in my lounge chair to my friends but something is stopping us from talking to each other.
      No cellphone, no computers ,  no social media!! Just people being people again!
  • Options
    IUSeekBritneyIUSeekBritney Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2021
    I just wish The Sims 4 would introduce some items that have been a cultobject or with us since the beginning.
    Such as a telescope, hottubs in the ground, ...

Also, I really and I mean REALLY dislike how babies are just objects. At least in previous games we could make a cute nursery for our babies but now in this series, it's literally an useless lifestage that nobody plays through... I think babies are for me personally, the biggest let down in the game.

On the more positive side, I do applaud the platform and window placement updates! They're sooooo versatile allowing us to be even more creative when building!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I'd like to know if you are you are currently working on adding ponds, cars, underwater worlds, multiple use community lots to the game and how do you decide on pack themes, content, and when to add them.
  • Options
    The game doesn’t offer a “look at all the things there are to explore” type of feel. When it comes to packs like Jungle Adventure and Journey to Batuu, it’s repeated and recycled interactions that give you points but we have already seen majority of the gameplay without pushing the system of the Sims 4. Re-using the system from get to work feels bland, and dulls the excitement. Cats and dogs have been stripped into a pack where the exceeding of gameplay compared to Sims 3 doesn’t match. Mermaids have ZERO room for fun gameplay, and vampires have a 3 step progression.
  • Options
    TheodoreTheodore Posts: 9 New Member
    OPEN SCHOOLS
  • Options
    Kiska94Kiska94 Posts: 1 New Member
    Good afternoon, EA. Please add functional strollers to the game. The Sim puts the baby in the stroller and goes for a walk (like with dogs - go for a short, short and long walk). I also ask you to add a functional cemetery with a farewell ceremony.
  • Options
    With all the feedback you guys received on the game not being enough for its price, have you considered doing a team investigation and possibly hiring more members? The most common problem that drags a lot of people away is that there isn’t much to do. Once you do go through a pack, the relay value cannot be seen.
  • Options
    wwww67wwww67 Posts: 1 New Member
    Please add a Ukrainian localisation in the game
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think the game could really improve with the negative emotions stacking like the positive ones because the positive one overpower the negative to often and whats life with out a little drama
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    It seems to me that you're never going to be able to please all of the players because so many of us have opposite preferences, e.g.
    Supernatural vs. Realistic
    Player-Controlled vs. Let Sims be Sims
    Rotational vs. Story Progression
    Family Play vs. Young Adult

The result is that while one group is happy with a new pack, its opposite feels disappointed.

Adding toggles for things like Lifestyles and NAPs (both of which I personally love) is a good idea. You might also follow a model you used with the Sims 3 Worlds. For packs with occults, provide 2 options to buy: a stuff pack with furniture and clothing that can be upgraded to a game pack with the occult added. Kits are also good, and if you bring out 2 at the same time designed for the opposite groups, you might get fewer complaints, i.e. a Toddler CAS kit and a Lingerie CAS kit (I would probably get both).

I'd like to see more whims, especially whims linked to Sim traits. Since you have a toggle for people who don't want them, it would be nice if those of us who do had a wider range.

I just got my 10th Anniversary Badge, so I've been on the forum a while. I played Sims 1 and 2 for a few years before joining the forum. I won't say Sims are my life, but they're what keep me going through things like my 96-year-old father's cancer surgery and an upstate New York winter. Not to mention the isolation of the pandemic. Thank you so much for all you do.
  • Options
    NYNY1313NYNY1313 Posts: 1 New Member
    Just a thought I had. For the wedding event have you guys thought of making it a rabbit hole with different moodlets and buffs and the reception the event because it is more chaotic.
  • Options
    ccchhrrriiissccchhrrriiiss Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello.
    • You know what is the most important part of the game? Other sims. And that's how I play Sims all the time. I create some cool, interesting, good-looking sims and then they go in public to make some new friends or to find a partner and they meet, well, randomized townies that game makes for players.
    This part of the game has a lot of problems but really the biggest and the most annoying part is their looks... Oh, this is everyone's nightmare. Sim with purple mohawk, green glasses, red short skirt and bear paws on their feet. Oh yes, that's definitely a very casual townie in the Sims 4. Maybe you could make something like a black list for things like animal costumes or very specific clothings, and even make the list customizable. That wold be the easiest way to solve the problem.

• The person from the top of this forum wrote about LGBT+, and the thing i found very interesting was that certain sims would reject another sim that doesn't fit their sexual preferences. I love this idea. I also agree on the color swatches. Some objects have two or three color options...

• Also, as a transgender, guess i should tell you how it's like to make a trans sim, on different stages of transitioning:
    Firstly, the skin texture depends on choosed sex/gender.
    Secondly, bodies are looking weird when you change them and not the gender. So do the clothes. That also applies to cis sims that wear opposite gender's clothing, but i can understand the reason of that.
    Thirdly, all of the gender features are only available when creating a sim, so i couldn't really play as a trans character from the start without cheats. (I wish I could type a special code somewhere and switch my sex...)

You should really decide already if the gender markers mean the sex or the gender. I can understand that this requiers a lot of work, but you have already added the gender setting feature in the game, so you should probably make it work properly.

• I remember my excitement when you announced the story feature, the one from sim creation. And i was very dissapointed when I've tried it - i thought it could give me a nice alternative start but it worked very poorly. The worst part was the wealth parameter. "Rich" sim gets, like, +400 simoleons or something, this is ridiculous. (You know how much homes cost in the Sims? Especially custom ones, even if they are small and designed to look bad and poor.) Also i would like to change some traits that game gives my characters, but you can't do that. I'd like to see this feature work the way it should.

•The last thing is very important for me. The ugly starter houses. Or not only starter. Your game gives people so much freedom of creation when it comes to building. Yet some of your houses look really awful and miserable, like you have a timer set to 60 seconds to make every home. I hope you could change that.

Thanks for your attention! Hope you did understand me. Can't wait to see how my favorite game becomes better..!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top