Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FEAR/SCARED EMOTION COMING TO TS4 BASE GAME!!!

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I wonder if sims will be scared of sims in bear costumes now.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm so scared excited!!!

I'm also a little obsessed with that colour...
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    Wow, only took them 7 years to add this.

better late than ever. the game needed many more enhancements & it still needs more, ea released the game on beta state but devs are trying to improve the game the best they can. good content takes time but people just won't stop whining about new packs so ea feels entitled to ask Maxis for more & more packs without leaving them enough time to do it right/hiring more people/raising their budget.

Sorry if I'm not as excited as everyone else here, but like I said. This game was built around "Emotions" and Fear wasn't one of them from the very beginning? For 7 years our Sims felt every emotion....except for Fear. It's nice that it's finally in the game, but I'm not going to start cheering for the Sims team now for adding it to the game, just like how I wasn't one of the people cheering when they brought back Ghosts, Pools and the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 toddlers because they never should've been removed in the first place.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I wonder if sims will be scared of sims in bear costumes now.

My sims always get the "tense" mood when a bear suit shows up at a bar on Bear Night, maybe, hopefully real fear will replace tense.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd like degrees of FEAR. Seeing a "bear" in Granite Falls should be a bigger fear than seeing one at the local pub on bear costume night. And if the sim in the costume is a known friend, then the FEAR should change to relief or joy.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Maybe the Sims team is finally acknowledging CallmeKevin, the Dear Leader is a pretty scary fellow, I heard that my fellow townies have been disappearing a lot in the Pickens neighborhood.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021
    bella_goth wrote: »
    Wow, only took them 7 years to add this.

better late than ever. the game needed many more enhancements & it still needs more, ea released the game on beta state but devs are trying to improve the game the best they can. good content takes time but people just won't stop whining about new packs so ea feels entitled to ask Maxis for more & more packs without leaving them enough time to do it right/hiring more people/raising their budget.

Sorry if I'm not as excited as everyone else here, but like I said. This game was built around "Emotions" and Fear wasn't one of them from the very beginning? For 7 years our Sims felt every emotion....except for Fear. It's nice that it's finally in the game, but I'm not going to start cheering for the Sims team now for adding it to the game, just like how I wasn't one of the people cheering when they brought back Ghosts, Pools and the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ toddlers because they never should've been removed in the first place.

idk man. i agree the game lacks emotions when it's one of its main selling points but they're probably hard to code to avoid bugs, conflicts & all that stuff, besides devs don't even get time to focus on the base game when they're asked 1k packs by ea & by the spoilt players. the game's fault is not really cuz of devs, it's by ea who rushed the sims 4 development cuz their lame online experiment called the sims olympus was going to be a failure following simcity 2013, & instead of scrapping the engine they reused it. though we don't know for sure who took these decisions but it had to be ea given they're the ones who own the game & the studio. i've been one to criticize the devs but as i see how everything goes i'm almost sure many of the flaws of ts4 come by ea and not by Maxis.
    it's a very hard job and the sims is not like any other game, it's unique and coding it has to be a nightmare.
    okay, you're not happy with the waiting and i agree it's a bit ridiculous but i'm just not gonna put the blame on them when we don't even know the actual reasons of all this.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Does anyone knows when will the patch be released?
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Probably next tuesday. That tends to be the patch day.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »

Probably next tuesday. That tends to be the patch day.

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Nice it is coming to the base game and not just to the pack.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Conor also said that many base game and packs emotions related to fear/scared/phobia were converted to Scared

I really hope Sims catching vampires drinking from another sim will cause a "scared" moodlet!

I'm also really excited, because our chances of getting Werewolves added has gone up now, I think!
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    Conor also said that many base game and packs emotions related to fear/scared/phobia were converted to Scared

I really hope Sims catching vampires drinking from another sim will cause a "scared" moodlet!

I'm also really excited, because our chances of getting Werewolves added has gone up now, I think!

Ooh an active scared effect when they see a vampire feed or even spellcasters do magic! ahhh! I would be so happy!
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    edited January 2021
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Conor also said that many base game and packs emotions were converted to Scared

Do you mean this?

This is what I'm happiest about. I was worried at first only the stuff that comes with the pack, like the ghosts, would trigger the fear emotion. Since I'm not nor ever have been an occult player, I'm not going to buy this one. Hearing that fear will still be present for base game and other pack situations really made me excited!

On a sort-of related note, I find it so annoying when people who don't like occults buy a pack with occults and then complain about said occults. I mean really. Just don't buy it.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I'm happy with it. But now want other improvement. As well as Happy add for positive emotions, Uncomfortable should add to negative emotions
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I'm so glad we don't have to wait for the pack release to get the Scared emotion, since it's coming this week. I'm going out of my mind anticipating it! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Uncomfortable should add to negative emotions

A mod does this right now, called Meaningful Stories. I agree that should be a base game feature.

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I’m so excited for the scared emotion but I have a feeling that it may require my favourite mod Meaningful Stories to be updated so I will probably have to wait for that before I can update.
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Does this mean someone could make a "Fear Mod", so Sims get scared when encountering certain things??
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    @Sharonia , most likely it will need an update.
    @AbbyBaba729 , scared emotion will be patched.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    @Ellupelluellu I meant, if I wanted to make my Sim scared of heights or something like that. Something that isn't already in the game.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    @Ellupelluellu I meant, if I wanted to make my Sim scared of heights or something like that. Something that isn't already in the game.

Ahh, so you could manually decide what sims are afraid or not .
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I still can't even believe it's happening. This has been the top of my wishlist since Vampires. I do hope they remembered to make Sims fear Vampires when they see them bite someone.

I imagine since it's a new emotion altogether, there will be some things overlooked and more tweaking will be needed. But that's fine with me. I'm just so happy they did it, I was doubting it would ever come. I'm going to take a hundred Zillion screenshots of Sims in terror and I hope everyone else will too, so I can see them and rejoice. <3

I know you've wanted a fear emotion more then anyone on here @LiELF
    I'm really glad we got it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    I'm happy with it. But now want other improvement. As well as Happy add for positive emotions, Uncomfortable should add to negative emotions

agree the game would be way better that why
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I think Sim emotions need to be more dynamic, and this is a good start. My only problem is that the various emotions/moodlets always seem to be somewhat exaggerated; so I look for them to be "freaking out over nothing" constantly.