Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fashion of Paranormal

So they seem to be going more New Orleans with voodoo influences instead of more classically gothic. Huh What you guys think?
Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Not that I'll turn down any Gothic styles we get in there, but I think we got Gothic in the Vampire pack, so it's not like we don't have any.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I think it's Groovy, Man.

I mean, I get why some folks might think we have enough 70's clothing, and we certainly are short on Goth stuff, but it doesn't seem out of place to me at all (Scooby-Doo premiered in 1969, and while their ghosts weren't real, they did chase them.) and it's an aesthetic I personally like.

But I wouldn't have been disappointed if it had been Goth, either classical or modern. it just means it will be easier for me to fit into my sims' styles.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Now don't get me wrong not complaining just stating it's an angle I didn't expect
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited January 2021
    well...everything is goth if it comes in black >:)
    But I like the new orleans vibe too, especially for the BB, perfekt for my voodoo queens home.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    And it's pretty cool for every day use as well.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    I'm getting very serious New Orleans vibe from the art style of the pack. Which I like
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It’s something different and I like it. We already have kind of a goth style in the vampires pack.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I'm perfectly ok with the style they chose for this pack, to me it definitely has a retro-boho, New Orleans voodoo vibe going on. It will work perfectly for non-occult households, so to me, that in itself is a big plus for my personal play style, even if I find out I'm not digging the paranormal game play.

I feel like this pack fits in very good with "realistic" households. This is something I've missed from the older games, in the past games, there would be some type of occult life state in almost every pack, but the entire packs objects (BB/CAS) weren't 100% focused on that occult theme, which made owning and using those packs much more versatile for everybody, even if you never played with the actual occult.

TS4's earlier occult packs have objects that are way too focused on that theme. If I was going to play with occults, they would not all be living in some dark, dreary, mausoleum type "haunted" house, but would live in modern houses with a darker, less happy color pallet.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    So they seem to be going more New Orleans with voodoo influences instead of more classically gothic. Huh What you guys think?

I love this so much! Them giving us both occult content and POC culture at the same time is just *chef's kiss*
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I like this because I've had trouble incorporating the voodoo doll into my gameplay and a fitting aesthetic plus more paranormal will be great.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    It feels like a sort of modern day 🐸🐸🐸🐸/fortune teller/ medium vibe. I like it personally.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It’s perfect for me! My game has a lot of mid-20th-century inspiration, so I love the 70s styling! ❤️❤️❤️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I didn't care for it at first, it looked like stuff we already have and I had really wanted more gothy, haunted looks, maybe outfits for ghosts, all wispy and shredded or old school "🐸🐸🐸🐸", like the Matchmaker in Sims 2.

But as I adjusted to it, I discovered there are some awesome pieces that I definitely have uses for and it's not so bad. I just hope they remembered to do black swatches. All clothing should always have a plain black swatch.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I like what I have seen in the reveal trailer and there are already some pieces I look forward to (like the new heels). From what I can tell so far, the new items should go well with the CAS in StrangerVille and Laundry Day. I do get the appeal of the goth look, but I like the overall feel of the pack so far and think it goes well with the theme that they went with a boho / 70s style instead. I really liked the Boho Vintage Collections on the Sims 3 Store and would be happy to find a few similar items in the pack.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    I didn't care for it at first, it looked like stuff we already have and I had really wanted more gothy, haunted looks, maybe outfits for ghosts, all wispy and shredded or old school "🐸🐸🐸🐸", like the Matchmaker in Sims 2.

But as I adjusted to it, I discovered there are some awesome pieces that I definitely have uses for and it's not so bad. I just hope they remembered to do black swatches. All clothing should always have a plain black swatch.

All furniture should have a black swatch, white swatch and a plain brown wood swatch too.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited January 2021
    It seems very 1960s/70s hippy style. I don’t really like it and won’t use it that often. I can’t comment on those of you saying it’s a New Orleans style as I have no idea what that style is like. One of the sims in one of the pictures on the ea website reminds me of Claus in season 2 of umbrella academy aka 60s/70s hippy vibe.
  • Options
    It feels like a sort of modern day 🐸🐸🐸🐸/fortune teller/ medium vibe. I like it personally.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 is actually a rude word to refer to romanians I hear. Most people say it but I rcently heard how it's a slur
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't know how I feel about It... Maybe I'm just extreme but I'm picturing dirty clothes with holes, worn out furniture, boarded up windows and doors, stained wood floor, etc.
    None of what they showed is fitting for an actual haunted house. Only reason I have 0 complaints is because I'm loaded with haunted grungy cc lol😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    We've only seen a limited amount of clothes - we don't know what the swatches might involve. There might be some serious Goth stuff involved.

It'd be cool to get a Goth Stuff Pack period.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not sure where you get the New Orleans idea from. To me that means French style architecture and iron house trim (or at least the bb items to make it), Dixieland jazz bands, street performers (TS 1had that), Cajun cooking, po' boy sandwiches, a new festival, and river boats sims can get on, open air markets... Was there in the 70s, great place.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

All furniture should have a black swatch, white swatch and a plain brown wood swatch too.

Totally agree.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm not a huge fan of the clothing, I like the two outfits in the middle, but those shorts combined with some strange looking tops... not a fan, but maybe I will like it when I actually play it. I don't think I get what style they are going for.

clothes.png
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Recycled/thrift shop? I don't see any coherent pattern in any of the shots here. Just miscellaneous. Sort of a kinda planned version of the infamous townie fashion fails.
  • Options
    Recycled/thrift shop? I don't see any coherent pattern in any of the shots here. Just miscellaneous. Sort of a kinda planned version of the infamous townie fashion fails.

The fashion is more Supernatural or New Orleans so their going more for ghost hunter tv shows then addams family
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I thought there was a New Orleans vive going on. I kept have that old song "Blue Bayou" by Linda Ronstadt &
    "The Rising Sun" by Dolly Parton in my head.