Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Oof I'm late but whatever: Happy new year everyone!

It’s never too late. Happy New Year to you as well. :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Happy new year to you all :)

Happy New Year!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Oof I'm late but whatever: Happy new year everyone!

Nonsense, we're not even a week in :wink: Happy new year!
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Happy new year everyone! ^^
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Happy New Year everyone, I hope you've had a decent enough time despite the global circumstances. It's been good to catch up on some of my favourite stories here of late: Plain ol' Legacy and the various decades challenge stories to name but a few.

The first Sim 66 chapter of 2021 is here as well...Julia joins the League of Decency and has a run in with the libertine publisher Alan Cuffe in this episode.

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/

qNXK2iq.png
  • Options

Without reading the chapter yet, this image cracks me up. It looks like he has the "S/He touched me!" thing going on.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Hugh Hefner...erm, I mean Alan Cuffe is flanked by two of his "Kittens" there and just out of frame is the prim, proper and unflirty Julia who performed a "rebuke public flirtiness" action on him. That's Cuffe's reaction.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Hi, all! I know it's been a very, very long time since I've been around. I hope all of you are well and still write a lot. <3

I decided I wanted to get back to my Sims 3 wishacy story recently. When I went on my WP blog, I noticed the formatting is all jacked up. I spent almost 2 hours (maybe 3), trying to fix it and make it look legible. So, I'm thinking of buying a domain name and hosting it somewhere. Does anyone have places they like the most? Like Godaddy, Wordpress, Hostgator, etc. I'm brand new to all of this, so if you have any details, I'd love that info as well. I don't want to spend a lot, but I'd sure like WP not to change my formatting this bad again, if possible.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    Hi, all! I know it's been a very, very long time since I've been around. I hope all of you are well and still write a lot. <3

I decided I wanted to get back to my Sims 3 wishacy story recently. When I went on my WP blog, I noticed the formatting is all jacked up. I spent almost 2 hours (maybe 3), trying to fix it and make it look legible. So, I'm thinking of buying a domain name and hosting it somewhere. Does anyone have places they like the most? Like Godaddy, Wordpress, Hostgator, etc. I'm brand new to all of this, so if you have any details, I'd love that info as well. I don't want to spend a lot, but I'd sure like WP not to change my formatting this bad again, if possible.

I just looked at your wordpress blog, but what seems to be wrong? I can't see anything weird to be honest. I'm using WordPress and have no idea about the other platforms...

• Options
    edited January 2021

I just looked at your wordpress blog, but what seems to be wrong? I can't see anything weird to be honest. I'm using WordPress and have no idea about the other platforms...

That's strange. I literally just looked at many of my Ramsey wishacy posts/chapters last night and most of them had formatting issues with too many spaces between paragraphs and pictures. Some even had lettering bigger than the rest, like the italicized sentences. Now it looks fine except the 2nd gen posts. I'll just have to go through them all individually to find out why some have issues while others don't. Thanks for looking!

I'd still like to know what others use for hosting and domain usage, though. Just in case I still want to switch.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I'm not seeing any of those issues either @lovesstorms. What browser and device are you using? Reporting in with Firefox on a desktop.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I'm not seeing any of those issues either @lovesstorms. What browser and device are you using? Reporting in with Firefox on a desktop.

I'm using Google chrome. I just fixed the first chapter in gen 2 of ramsey wishacy. It seems WP changed from a different kind of editor. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. I'm only noticing it in Gen 2's story now. I'll look at it again tonight after work. I'm glad no one else is noticing. I kept thinking this whole time it looked terrible. lol Thankfully, it isn't showing for anyone else.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I'm using Google chrome. I just fixed the first chapter in gen 2 of ramsey wishacy. It seems WP changed from a different kind of editor. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. I'm only noticing it in Gen 2's story now. I'll look at it again tonight after work. I'm glad no one else is noticing. I kept thinking this whole time it looked terrible. lol Thankfully, it isn't showing for anyone else.

Yes, Wordpress has changed its editor a couple of times, but one gets used to it rather quickly. I don't have any problems with it except for slight confusion everytime they roll in a change. Old posts shouldn't be changed by it, only the new ones or the ones you edit.
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member

Also chrome here. I just took a look at gen 2... Are you referring to the uneven spaces before/after an image? Yeah that's the wordpress block thing... drove me crazy too. Honestly though? It doesn't affect readability, and it does not look as terrible as you think. In fact, if you hadn't pointed it out, I wouldn't even have noticed it. It's just our perfectionism and being our own worst critics :wink: I've kinda accepted it will never be perfectly even so I just live with it.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Love storms!!!! How amazing to see you here! And delightful!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Hey writers, we're upping Outrun chapters to twice weekly now. Tuesday/Friday.

03.jpg

Chapter 0.3. Heathcliff talks a little about the issues plaguing his adolescence. Mostly stuff going on at the town gym.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited January 2021

Hey @lovestorms. Are you talking about Ramsey Wishacy? Totally fell off the radar, but I loved it when I was reading it. :heart: So good to see you around here.

WordPress was doing a bunch of weird things for me too. Like not spacing between words and extra spaces between words. I still can't figure out why it does this from time to time so if anyone has any answers, I'd appreciate it too. Sorry if I'm hijacking your post. :grimace: But it looks like others are asking about spacing too.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Has the kindness bench been removed?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Realized I forgot to share one chapter of Evergreen Harbor Chronicles, and meant to share the other two yesterday, so here are all three.

1.11 No Place Like Home
    1.12 Work and Relaxation
    1.13 Engaged
    image.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Has the kindness bench been removed?

It's still there, just probably buried through inactivity, but I'll post to it to move it up.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

Also chrome here. I just took a look at gen 2... Are you referring to the uneven spaces before/after an image? Yeah that's the wordpress block thing... drove me crazy too. Honestly though? It doesn't affect readability, and it does not look as terrible as you think. In fact, if you hadn't pointed it out, I wouldn't even have noticed it. It's just our perfectionism and being our own worst critics :wink: I've kinda accepted it will never be perfectly even so I just live with it.

You are correct. It is some of that spacing. Another couple of chapters I've fixed already had lots of spaces between some of the paragraphs as well. You are also correct about my perfectionism tendencies. lol It's a struggle sometimes. Thanks for looking! I do appreciate it.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

Hiiii!! How are you doing??
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

Hey @lovestorms. Are you talking about Ramsey Wishacy? Totally fell off the radar, but I loved it when I was reading it. :heart: So good to see you around here.

WordPress was doing a bunch of weird things for me too. Like not spacing between words and extra spaces between words. I still can't figure out why it does this from time to time so if anyone has any answers, I'd appreciate it too. Sorry if I'm hijacking your post. :grimace: But it looks like others are asking about spacing too.

I will definitely let you know if I learn anything new. It is weird. :)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

she is amazing. you came out of hiding again. lol. i can only tease you a few more months cause of your recent news.

hi lovesorms i missed you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top