Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Skin Tones, Dec. 2020

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    twmuse wrote: »
    I meant to say, type (checked in S4s to be sure)
    Can not for the life of me figure out how to edit a post once posted....

@twmuse Hover over your post. You'll see a gear icon appear in the top right corner. Click the gear icon and a dropdown saying "Edit" should appear. Click on "Edit." Make the necessary changes and then click the button that says "Save Comment."

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    twmusetwmuse Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Rouensims said:
    > @twmuse Hover over your post. You'll see a gear icon appear in the top right corner. Click the gear icon and a dropdown saying "Edit" should appear. Click on "Edit." Make the necessary changes and then click the button that says "Save Comment."

That what I thought yet no gear icon shows up for me....oh well
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Wolff76 wrote: »
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > So far in my game, I have tested the following mods, one at a time with nothing else but the Resource.cfg inside. So far so good on the following:
    > MCCC, which has already been reported, I see.
    > Road to Fame-Sacrificial
    > Showtime-KawaiiStacie/KS
    > Slice of Life-KS
    > Memorable Events-KS
    > Private Practice-SimsRealist
    >
    > I have a couple more to test. Hope this helps. :)

Seen SOL height differences wasn't working so everything else on seems to be working for you then?

I've never truly noticed a difference in the height, so I can't say. I just know it's been cleared by KS.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @cmarinetti
    Thank you so much for your skin tool. And everything else you've created for The Sims over the years. Yeah, I don't know, I have seen where someone had asked about cc and someone linked TSRW and the "head" ppl over there shut that thread down pretty much. I thought it was initially a place to get help, but only seems you can ask for help if it's only using their tools. To me, it shouldn't matter, we're all Simmers trying to either create, fix our game, or get help. But thanks again.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    twmuse wrote: »
    > @Rouensims said:
    > @twmuse Hover over your post. You'll see a gear icon appear in the top right corner. Click the gear icon and a dropdown saying "Edit" should appear. Click on "Edit." Make the necessary changes and then click the button that says "Save Comment."

That what I thought yet no gear icon shows up for me....oh well

It will when you become a full member. Almost there! I think... I'm almost scared to patch, even though it seems to be a tiny one. Any reports yet, @luthienrising, or we good?
  • Options
    Gavin66Gavin66 Posts: 5 New Member
    I've updated the latest patch and so far it's working for me, I'll keep playing later today to see if anything changes. They did fix the genetics thankfully, however I think the occult genetics needs still be worked on. I tried having a mermaid and vampire get a kid and for some reason it was a mermaid kid every time in CAS until I switched their positions and then it would be a vampire kid every time. Weird. Anyway I'll probably report it later if someone hasn't already.
  • Options
    shadavshadav Posts: 12 New Member
    ug and they patched their patch and my game's not working again....jesh...I just fixed it yesterday from the dec 8th patch and got it playable...
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    my game mods and CC are all fine after this latest patch xxx
  • Options
    twmusetwmuse Posts: 13 New Member
    > @WildIrishBanshee said:
    > It will when you become a full member. Almost there! I think... I'm almost scared to patch, even though it seems to be a tiny one. Any reports yet, @luthienrising, or we good?

@WildIrishBanshee Thanks, good to know it is not just browser security crud, I patched and no issues so far been playing a few hours, no new issues, just the same stuff not fixed yet, my favorite being toddlers having slippers on now when you bathe them.
  • Options
    cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
    edited December 2020
    lasummerb wrote: »
    @cmarinetti
    Thank you so much for your skin tool. And everything else you've created for The Sims over the years. Yeah, I don't know, I have seen where someone had asked about cc and someone linked TSRW and the "head" ppl over there shut that thread down pretty much. I thought it was initially a place to get help, but only seems you can ask for help if it's only using their tools. To me, it shouldn't matter, we're all Simmers trying to either create, fix our game, or get help. But thanks again.

Thanks! That's how I feel too, I'll direct people to S4S if it's the right tool for the job. S4S is an impressive achievement, it's too bad the admins there don't have the confidence to tolerate people using anything else.
    Post edited by cmarinetti on
    cmarNYC on MTS.
  • Options
    @WildIrishBanshee No modders so far are expecting this hotfix patch to affect their mods :)
    @shadav What's not working for you after this small patch?

Updated Mods
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Updated CC
  • Options
    Updated Mods
  • Options
    helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Hello there to all you astonishingly great people. One question, and very sorry, if that was already mentioned before - I could not find it: The menu expander by Leniad, version August 16th (or so) 2020, causes my game to crash. So, I wonder if there is any other version (update?) ... any ideas?
  • Options
    JennaFireJennaFire Posts: 2 New Member
    Anybody having any trouble with renovating vacation lots? I don't have any other issues until I try to go into build/buy for the lots, and then my game freezes, and crashes. It doesn't happen on any other lots. Just wondering.
  • Options
    amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member
    @helen912 I was using that in my game yesterday with no problem. So, are you using the one updated by SrslySims? It's in the file name. Do you have andrew's crafting enabler? That's a requirement for it to work. Have you tried it with just leniad's menu, andrew's crafting enabler, and optionally mccc/better exceptions? Have you tried redownloading? If it works like that, a 50/50 is necessary. If not, you would need to contact SrslySims, because she's keeping the menu up to date, and she's cleared her mods for use.

Of course, if anyone knows more than me, please jump in.
  • Options
    DarkWing324DarkWing324 Posts: 2 New Member
    I was having an issue with trying for baby. Turn out it was the Realistic Reactions mod. It appears to be broken since the update. It gives me a last exception and my sims just freeze mid woohoo and then T-pose. Regular Woohoo works, but Try For a Baby... I literally fed each one of my script mods in one by one and tried for a baby after each mod. This was the one causing the issue.
  • Options
    @helen912 I was using that in my game yesterday with no problem. So, are you using the one updated by SrslySims? It's in the file name. Do you have andrew's crafting enabler? That's a requirement for it to work. Have you tried it with just leniad's menu, andrew's crafting enabler, and optionally mccc/better exceptions? Have you tried redownloading? If it works like that, a 50/50 is necessary. If not, you would need to contact SrslySims, because she's keeping the menu up to date, and she's cleared her mods for use.

@amethystlilac The only Mods I have on so far are mccc latest version, better exceptions latest version, leniad's latest updated version by SrslySims ... but hang on - maybe I had not installed the crafting enabler yettt??? Oh my, sorry 4 that - I will install, reinstall and afterwards tell what happened. :blush:
  • Options
    helen912 wrote: »

@amethystlilac The only Mods I have on so far are mccc latest version, better exceptions latest version, leniad's latest updated version by SrslySims ... but hang on - maybe I had not installed the crafting enabler yettt??? Oh my, sorry 4 that - I will install, reinstall and afterwards tell what happened. :blush:

Oh my, oh my - you were sooo right. Everything's working fine if everything is installed properly ... My thought was: I will install one Mod after the other to find out if there's sth. going wrong (like icemunmun's peppermint is not plantable because it is "too cold to plant sth. - on a hot summer day, lol - or is that known?) ... and there must have happened the separation, and my game showed me the bad finger ... well, so sorry to bother you with such banal stuff ... :blush:
  • Options
    shadavshadav Posts: 12 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @WildIrishBanshee No modders so far are expecting this hotfix patch to affect their mods :)
    > @shadav What's not working for you after this small patch?
    >
    > Updated Mods* Cleaning Frenzy for All (Iced Cream)
    > * Supernatural Stalker Career (everydaysimulation)
    > * SimmerJohn's Teen Aspirations v2.0

finally found it....it's the plant sims trait
    the trait seems to have been broken...with the PlantSim_Trait.package in my mod folder I get stuck on infinite loading screen when trying to visit another lot
    start up loading takes a lot longer and sometimes gets stuck but normally eventually it will kick out to the menu but when trying to travel to another lot it just gets stuck on the loading screen (I left it running for an hour)
    https://modthesims.info/d/593188/plantsim-no-cooldown-trait-updated.html
  • Options
    amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member

Oh my, oh my - you were sooo right. Everything's working fine if everything is installed properly ... My thought was: I will install one Mod after the other to find out if there's sth. going wrong (like icemunmun's peppermint is not plantable because it is "too cold to plant sth. - on a hot summer day, lol - or is that known?) ... and there must have happened the separation, and my game showed me the bad finger ... well, so sorry to bother you with such banal stuff ... :blush:

Glad to hear it's working for you!

I haven't heard about any problems with icemunmun's harvestables lately. Do you have the one from September? Apparently that was an issue before it was updated then.
  • Options
  • Options
    Mod Updates
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top